9 replies to this topic

#1 Reece Cook

Reece Cook

Southern Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

Its on the Tittle. Baton rouge needs new fields. Eveytime i look for one they are eithe an hour or two from Gonzales or they are shitty fields.

BATON ROUGE needs a nice airball and woodsball field that is BYOP and has a tank fill station
PM me if you live in Gonzales, Louisiana
XboxLive = I REECE COOK I
Lucas = Moderator
!

#2 LSU2936

LSU2936

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

I don't think you'll find anyone that disagrees with that. The problem is paintball fields are not even close to cheap to open that aren't "shitty". Even "shitty" fields are expensive, between buying the land/insurance/air compressor/netting/fields/maintenance/employees/ and other things that are slipping my mind right now. Zoning issues are a major problem for fields.

On top of paintball fields being expensive as hell to open, they don't bring in a ton of money. Why? you ask, well not to knock you but look at your post for example. You want a field that is BYOP, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's so it's cheaper for you. Paintball players are cheap/poor in general (I'm in both of these categories). Paint sells are how field owners make money. The only way to really run a field that players will like is for the field to make very little money. That will require the owner to make money another way, and still want to invest time and energy into making no money. Most fields can order gear for you, but it'll be more than you'll pay at an online store(in order to profit) so a lot of people will not go that route to save money. Large start-up cost + consistent fees + not a lot in return = not a good business plan.

There is a reason there is usually only 1 field in an area in most cases. Not a very big customer base, and splitting that would only decrease that base. Baton Rouge for example has Crossfire already who does decent business, Bullrun not too far away, I know several guys who travel to Lethal/PBC/LAX/SWAT/Abbey's/and 2 of our guys including myself drive from Baton Rouge to Lafayette every weekend to play on established teams and a new field wouldn't change that in most cases.

Finally, I doubt you'll ever find a field that is BYOP and not "shitty". Not only do fields want people to buy their paint to make money but also so they know where the paint comes from. It's a liability to have people bring their own paint, no telling what some asshat could find to do when given an opportunity, and as a business owner you'd want to give people as little opportunity to do something stupid as possible. Also, most paint that you get from walmart/academy is horrible. It stains clothes and is nearly impossible to get off bunkers. When you can't get the paint off the bunkers they start to mold and become more fragile and rip easily. Then people start to complain about how dirty and "shitty" the place is. I know we have a private field, and don't allow anything besides the paint we buy in bulk out there unless you set up something with us before hand, and after every practice we squeegee everything to keep it pretty.

Hope this helps.

Edited by LSU2936, 07 June 2009 - 07:37 PM.

South East Xtreme
www.southeastxtremepb.com
Planet Eclipse
Pinokio Hoppers

#3 sunshinekid91

sunshinekid91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

I don't think you'll find anyone that disagrees with that. The problem is paintball fields are not even close to cheap to open that aren't "shitty". Even "shitty" fields are expensive, between buying the land/insurance/air compressor/netting/fields/maintenance/employees/ and other things that are slipping my mind right now. Zoning issues are a major problem for fields.

On top of paintball fields being expensive as hell to open, they don't bring in a ton of money. Why? you ask, well not to knock you but look at your post for example. You want a field that is BYOP, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's so it's cheaper for you. Paintball players are cheap/poor in general (I'm in both of these categories). Paint sells are how field owners make money. The only way to really run a field that players will like is for the field to make very little money. That will require the owner to make money another way, and still want to invest time and energy into making no money. Most fields can order gear for you, but it'll be more than you'll pay at an online store(in order to profit) so a lot of people will not go that route to save money. Large start-up cost + consistent fees + not a lot in return = not a good business plan.

There is a reason there is usually only 1 field in an area in most cases. Not a very big customer base, and splitting that would only decrease that base. Baton Rouge for example has Crossfire already who does decent business, Bullrun not too far away, I know several guys who travel to Lethal/PBC/LAX/SWAT/Abbey's/and 2 of our guys including myself drive from Baton Rouge to Lafayette every weekend to play on established teams and a new field wouldn't change that in most cases.

Finally, I doubt you'll ever find a field that is BYOP and not "shitty". Not only do fields want people to buy their paint to make money but also so they know where the paint comes from. It's a liability to have people bring their own paint, no telling what some asshat could find to do when given an opportunity, and as a business owner you'd want to give people as little opportunity to do something stupid as possible. Also, most paint that you get from walmart/academy is horrible. It stains clothes and is nearly impossible to get off bunkers. When you can't get the paint off the bunkers they start to mold and become more fragile and rip easily. Then people start to complain about how dirty and "shitty" the place is. I know we have a private field, and don't allow anything besides the paint we buy in bulk out there unless you set up something with us before hand, and after every practice we squeegee everything to keep it pretty.

Hope this helps.

Amen to that...

I'm not a big fan of BYOP (break walmart paint in a barrel and you might as well just throw it away), but to charge $70 a case for formula 13 like PBC does is wrong. I mean, I literaly cringe every trigger pull. Bull Run is nice, but is a ghost town on saturday and I hate somebody chronoing my gun. I haven't been to crossfire yet...the guys at mcm say its nice though (go figure <_< ).
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee...power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall in ever be. In Nommine Patri, et Filli, et Spiritu Sacti, AMEN.
ACADIANA PAINTBALL COMPLEX
Kid please, my System X NME LE will literally shit your gun...how do you think I got my reflex rail?

#4 Reece Cook

Reece Cook

Southern Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

Yea i guess yall are right. But where is Bulls Run and Crossfire.

I live in Gonzales/ Pelican Point. So i dont wanna have to make my parents drive along ways just for me. HA

I dont even have a gun or gear yet. Im saving like 700 dollars but i wanna make sure i have a field to play at before i buy 700 dollars worth of paintball stuff.
Lucas = Moderator
!

#5 Reece Cook

Reece Cook

Southern Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Hahaha LSU ur from PBNaTION :)

i WAS ON THE fIELDS FORUM OVER THEIR AND I SAW U IN FIELD DISCUSSION.

Does crofffire fill 4500 tank or just 3000 tanks
Lucas = Moderator
!

#6 LSU2936

LSU2936

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:12 AM

Yea i guess yall are right. But where is Bulls Run and Crossfire.

I live in Gonzales/ Pelican Point. So i dont wanna have to make my parents drive along ways just for me. HA

I dont even have a gun or gear yet. Im saving like 700 dollars but i wanna make sure i have a field to play at before i buy 700 dollars worth of paintball stuff.

Bull Run is in Hammond. East on I-10 of Baton Rouge. So, if you live in Gonzales according to mapquest its 58 minutes away. I don't know the address to Bull Run or obviously your house, but I'm pretty sure it won't be more than 10 minutes different.

Crossfire is in Central just Northeast of Baton Rouge. According to Mapquest its 38 minutes away.

I've never been to Bull Run or seen it, but I know some guys that play out there and they're pretty nice. I play out at Crossfire every now and then to help their home team out. The owner, Mrs. Stacie, is really nice. Decent prices. The field is kind of small, but not that bad. The bunkers are still in good shape. A pretty good amount of people show up on Sundays. I'd suggest giving Crossfire a try.

Edited by LSU2936, 23 June 2009 - 03:42 AM.

South East Xtreme
Planet Eclipse
Pinokio Hoppers

#7 LSU2936

LSU2936

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

Crossfire usually just leaves the compressor at 3000 because not everyone has 4500 tanks, but if everyone there does they'll bump it up. It's not that big of a deal cause the compressor is right next to the field and most of the games are over pretty quickly.

and yes I'm usually on Pbnation. My team does most of our communication on there so it's just more convenient. I do try to check this site every few days to make sure I don't miss anything though.

Edited by LSU2936, 23 June 2009 - 03:18 AM.

South East Xtreme
Planet Eclipse
Pinokio Hoppers

#8 Reece Cook

Reece Cook

Southern Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

Ha aight thanx man......Now i just gotta save up for a gun and gear.

Haha, LSU is gunna win the CWS CHampionship for sure.
Lucas = Moderator
!

#9 number 1

number 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

my dad does realestae and just to zone a paintball place ur talkin about thousands of dollars and field netting for 20 feet tall and 300 feet around ur talki about 1 thousand dollars wich tht is only for one filed the air commpresers can cost 5 thousand and up and to buy the land for a commerical zone ur talkin about 100,000 200,000 even 300,000 thousand dollars just for the land and tht is why there is not alot of painball places just layin around

#10 xUnBeliVaBle

xUnBeliVaBle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Crossfire usually just leaves the compressor at 3000 because not everyone has 4500 tanks, but if everyone there does they'll bump it up. It's not that big of a deal cause the compressor is right next to the field and most of the games are over pretty quickly.

and yes I'm usually on Pbnation. My team does most of our communication on there so it's just more convenient. I do try to check this site every few days to make sure I don't miss anything though.

Crossfire is a nice field. They have a brand new 2010 PSP field. The people there are very nice. and welcome just about anyone to come out and play. You should come out and meet everybody.
" Don't tell me that the sky is the
limit when there are footprints on the moon! " --Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users