3 replies to this topic

#1 IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

Stay Agg, Ponyboy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

K so Im 14, 5 foot 4 inches and 90 pounds, Also im a veggie so i clearly i dont eat meat. Above that i have, along with the rest of my moms family, the chuck norris of metabolims.

I run...A lot and im very active i.e. swimming,street sports.

Anything i can do to put on more weight (muscle) i also get a lot of protein.

Thanks in advance.

"I'm almost fifteen and in highschool. You're in fifth grade. You're an idiot."

Your Iphone Blows.

#2 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

Being 14, you shouldnt worry about looking like anyone from the movie 300. But you can put on a little bit of meat while your body is still growing.

Since youre a vegetarian, the first assaults of calories and protein, like beef and fish, are nixed. However, you can still get a lot of that (hell, maybe more) by eating various forms of nuts, granola, and fruits.

Peanuts are especially high in protein, which you will need to build muscle whenever you work out. Granola is a good calorie and carb food. And fruits are basically common sense. Depending on how strict of a vegetarian you are, you can drink milk and eat some eggs for a decent amount of nutrients, too.

Between 18 and 20, when your body starts to slow down the growth process, you can spend some more attention on muscle mass and toning. But for right now, just take care of your body as best as possible and have fun.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#3 Mjolnir

Mjolnir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:39 AM

Frankly, I disagree with a veggie diet. It wasn't what humans were meant to do, and they benefit from meat, but whatever, it's your choice, nothing I can say is going to change that. Short of eating meat, you should really hit the pasta. In about a year, you should start hitting growth spurts, and gaining muscle too, so the calories and protein in pasta should help.

#4 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

Rated 1/5 stars on my profile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

In about a year, you should start hitting growth spurts, and gaining muscle too, so the calories and protein in pasta should help.

Calories won't help you gain muscle, and while there is ample protein in pasta, there's also a lot of cholesterol.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users