3 replies to this topic

#1 pvbmisfit

pvbmisfit

SkeletonMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

I found that playing paintball became easier once I started running more.

I run 25 miles a week
I eat three healthy meals per day
Breakfast: Eggs, fruit, milk
Lunch: Sandwich (Preferably some meat lots of lettuce, no condiments)
Dinner: Spaghetti

^^just examples^^

I eat healthy with little calories, only three meals a day, i do not drink sodas.

I work out 5 days a week, Mostly cardiovascular work outs. I use my track training for the running portion and use those drills to keep my legs strong and to keep me from getting sore while running or crouching in an awkward stance for a long time. I work on all paintball related things such as sliding, diving, snap shooting etc. at the field when I play against walk ons or when we scramble teams.

Running more and doing cardiovascular workouts help with having a slower resting heartbeat which ultimately increases your endurance.

Thats my workout, any questions ask below and I'll do what I can to answer them

#2 Phantom9399

Phantom9399

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

25 miles in 5 days? or weekends too?

#3 Mjolnir

Mjolnir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:34 AM

You're over doing it with the running, but then again, I play football, and despise running more than a half a mile at a time. You should work some sprinting into that, so you can benefit from quick twitch muslces when you are moving from bunker to bunker.

#4 pvbmisfit

pvbmisfit

SkeletonMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

25 miles in 5 days? or weekends too?

25 in 5 days

You're over doing it with the running, but then again, I play football, and despise running more than a half a mile at a time. You should work some sprinting into that, so you can benefit from quick twitch muslces when you are moving from bunker to bunker.

i run sprints as well, i forget to mention that, but i do a lot of 100meters and 100m drills, i run sprints in track so i can run my short distnaces well, my 100m time is 11.67 seconds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users