• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 Boomer14

Boomer14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

The accuracy of the FS rounds really helped, but it still took 12 rounds at 25 yards to get the data for the 6 shown. I shot 16 FS at 50 yards, and I could only get 2 to register. I couldn't get the standard paint to register at all. The ball has to cross in about a 3" x 6" window on a break beam. A radar style might be better, I just wasn't sure how accurate the result would be.

#52 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,588 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

these are exactly the problems we had when we tested paintballs at range. we've got a pair of Shooting Chrony's - very acurate - but at 125' tough to thread that ball through the second one.

We're going to set up and shoot for accuracy at 75 and 150 feet indoors and collect the data - we'll also try to replicate your results - but since you got exactly what we did on the paintballs - then I'm sure our FS results are going to look just the same as well.

Welcome to the forum - hope you don't mind me stealing your data over to this thread - it looks great. :)

#53 style-n-speed

style-n-speed

"Roll the Dice, Whats the worst that could happen?"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

It was very cool when you showed the depth of penetration for the FS round, but there was no such footage of the Paintball penetration. I would have liked to have seen that just to satisfy my curiosity.

Great Job fellas!

Posted Image

#54 Boomer14

Boomer14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

these are exactly the problems we had when we tested paintballs at range. we've got a pair of Shooting Chrony's - very acurate - but at 125' tough to thread that ball through the second one.

We're going to set up and shoot for accuracy at 75 and 150 feet indoors and collect the data - we'll also try to replicate your results - but since you got exactly what we did on the paintballs - then I'm sure our FS results are going to look just the same as well.

Welcome to the forum - hope you don't mind me stealing your data over to this thread - it looks great. :)

No problem. I wouldn't have posted it on the internet if I didn't want it getting around. I plan on shooting up the rest of my FS stash this weekend at our field's big game

Edited by Boomer14, 15 June 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#55 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

What calibration methods to calibrate the consistency of the gelatin did you use?
Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#56 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

What calibration methods to calibrate the consistency of the gelatin did you use?

The kit that I used comes with 2 lb bags of gelatin. Using a digital scale, I measured out exactly 20.0 lbs of final mix. That gives the 10% mix to water ratio. I wasn't able to verify using a BB gun because I didn't have one. If I did, it should have penetrated 8.5cm 0.85cm to be considered ballistics grade.

#57 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Ah they are like 45 bucks at wall mart a spring loaded or pump one will give the best accuracy it's also BB weight and velocity that conferms the standard. the BB velosity and penitration helps with data confemration

perma gel midway has it it's the latest balistics gel that the Mythbusters use
http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=315783 (great for any one who wants to start out doing balistic testing)

All that being said LO Very nice work balistic geliton works fine for what

Mind if i Download and burn these to DVD to show to my local field to show them the head reff was asking for some indermendant non tiberious arms funded tests to conferm the saft of the rounds

Edited by DruidicRifleman, 28 August 2009 - 12:45 AM.

Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#58 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:26 AM

Ah they are like 45 bucks at wall mart a spring loaded or pump one will give the best accuracy it's also BB weight and velocity that conferms the standard. the BB velosity and penitration helps with data confemration

perma gel midway has it it's the latest balistics gel that the Mythbusters use
http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=315783 (great for any one who wants to start out doing balistic testing)

All that being said LO Very nice work balistic geliton works fine for what

Mind if i Download and burn these to DVD to show to my local field to show them the head reff was asking for some indermendant non tiberious arms funded tests to conferm the saft of the rounds

That's some interesting stuff there. Never heard of that before. I'll have to watch some newer episodes of Mythbusters.

Go right ahead. Don't forget about the 2nd FS Safety Test as well.

#59 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

i know about it cause i was looking into it to test loads for selecting the perfect rounds for hunting.

they use it the bambo episode wher ethey tested could a bambo shoot grow through someone if i wasn't mistaken

Posted Image

#60 Hodgepodge

Hodgepodge

Brotato Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Rage Against the machine. Very nice.

Crusaders Team Captain/ Back Player
My Feedback: +10,0, -0

Dynasty Ion: http://www.techpb.co...owtopic=220317#

#61 I am a Newbie :-)

I am a Newbie :-)

Nolife Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

:tup: Goodjob

:)

#62 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Old thread bud. Check the other post dates. Don't worry about it, just remember it next time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users