• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 p32k8x

p32k8x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

Any Malaysian players here? Well, I've seen one or two.

More specifically, anyone willing to take part in the Werdna Hol cup up in Penang on the 4th-5th July?

#2 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

Malaysia puts on top notch tourneys :tup: I believe my former team the Boonie Dogs (I still guest for them once in while) was invited to that tourney. Unfortunately I don't think they'll be going.

Is there a WCA thead here somewhere?
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#3 p32k8x

p32k8x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

I don't think there is.... hahah.

#4 Blaze 100

Blaze 100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

Hi...
im from Malaysia too....
Posted Image

www.slyequipment.com
www.wppl.tv - Player's tournament for Players!
www.p8ntbox.com - Paintball News!

#5 AZZRI

AZZRI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hi,
i'm malaysian as well.. but play mostly in UK. Hows the PB scene in malaysia? any scenario tournaments coming up?

azzri
Vanguard Paintball Asia

#6 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:59 AM

Hi,
i'm malaysian as well.. but play mostly in UK. Hows the PB scene in malaysia? any scenario tournaments coming up?

azzri

Hi I'm not from Malaysia but we have teams that compete out there about 2-3 times a year. We get most of our info on the forums on www.xtionpaintball.com Also many times the event organizers post on the Guam's paintball forum: www.guampaintball.com

#7 grubb

grubb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hi,

azzri

We just finished the Malaysian International Eco Paintball Challenge beginning of this month. This was a 10v10 woodsball tournament held at Paintball valley@Taman Botani Negara at Bukit Cerakah Shah Alam.

It was a good tournament. Had teams competing from the other countries in the region.

Also the Tanamera League 10v10 Scenario league first leg also took place last month. There will be another 2 legs held this year.
/http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/raynoone/13042010233.jpg

#8 AZZRI

AZZRI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Hi,

azzri

We just finished the Malaysian International Eco Paintball Challenge beginning of this month. This was a 10v10 woodsball tournament held at Paintball valley@Taman Botani Negara at Bukit Cerakah Shah Alam.

It was a good tournament. Had teams competing from the other countries in the region.

Also the Tanamera League 10v10 Scenario league first leg also took place last month. There will be another 2 legs held this year.

yah i heard about that.... i was trying to get my hands on some remote hoses and everything was out of stock due to that... should be fun to try it out.
Vanguard Paintball Asia

#9 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

Hey guys, i'm Malaysian too! I'm from East Malaysia but since i study in KL, thats where i've been ballin.

Anyways, just a thought, but does the price for gear in Malaysia differ to that of the states? and are there any players who live around the PJ area? i went into a couple paintball shops and they were quite the elitist jerks. Gave us the noob treatment and all :angry: .

In any case, sceario games here are pretty common i think, haven't been to one, but a buddy of mine joins up quite often.
When in doubt, empty thy hopper

I used to say i could quit anytime, and i didn't need to do it. But every time i don't, my fingers twitch, my mouth goes dry, i become restless. And every time i do, i start to sweat, my breathing quickens, and my mind swims. I've lost my girlfriend because of this, i spend less time with my family, and i spend too much money going through pack after pack. I've got to quit, but i can't. So I'm here, and TechPB's my Paintballers Anonymous.

#10 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:39 AM

I'll be going to Malaysia in November for World Cup Asia. Hopefully I can meet some fellow Techpb members there. I plan to bring my Techpb jersey with me. I'll try to post up info on WCA on the tourney/league thread as there is one here just for PALS.

Here is the thread: http://www.techpb.co...mp;#entry512138

Edited by OOG671, 21 July 2009 - 02:00 AM.

#11 mych

mych

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

Hi here another Malaysian here. Tippmann x7 7 Sp1 user

#12 t4l0n

t4l0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:05 AM

Me too! :)

Another fellow Malaysian

#13 ian6

ian6

The leagues of Ian's

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

my mom is malaysian i guess im half?
PMR :]

#14 mych

mych

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:27 AM

Be it 50%, 20%. you can allways round up :).. well sppeballers tend to behave as they are... not so for woods ball.. I think is the format of the game.. you dont have any large format speed ball... and teams generally 10 and less.. I personally found woods ball folks tend to be more open to any new players.. snobbs woodsballer tend to be few and far between...

#15 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

hi all.. 1st time here, just looking around only.. saw some familliar names in here, could be same person from other forums... ;-)

boonie dogs, eh..? guam ballers seldom miss our international event here actually, be it guys from the dogs or some other teams... u guys are always welcome here... :)

stuck-up elite...? hmm.. must be those big-headed ballers who think they are stars... most that i've met are ok, & got no prob sharing the field for a game or 2...

be it speedball or woodsball, it's still paintball... just diff format so the sports won't be monotonous & boring... btw, nearly half of those handling the MIEPC are speedballers lah... :P

happy ballin'.... peace..!

#16 CyberTroop

CyberTroop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:48 AM

Malaysian here, reporting in. :lol::lol:

#17 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

payahnya nak jumpa org kampung kat sini, sebulan satu je yg singgah....

#18 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:10 AM

yeah, sad to say there aint much goin around the malaysian scene. I mean the last big game i heard of was a couple months ago, right after BT big game. Then it's just been silence.

Oh, uhm, welcome badman =D

I used to say i could quit anytime, and i didn't need to do it. But every time i don't, my fingers twitch, my mouth goes dry, i become restless. And every time i do, i start to sweat, my breathing quickens, and my mind swims. I've lost my girlfriend because of this, i spend less time with my family, and i spend too much money going through pack after pack. I've got to quit, but i can't. So I'm here, and TechPB's my Paintballers Anonymous.

#19 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

yeah, sad to say there aint much goin around the malaysian scene. I mean the last big game i heard of was a couple months ago, right after BT big game. Then it's just been silence.

you must be referring to woodsball/scenario games as my friend in Malaysia say differently but they play speedball.

#20 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

you must be referring to woodsball/scenario games as my friend in Malaysia say differently but they play speedball.

Yeah, it was a scenario. I think BT (for Ben Tippman i think) holds it annually (again, i think). For me i don't play speedball, cause i own an SP1, so woods is my thing. I haven't played in almost 2 months, but this saturday will be my redemption. =]

#21 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, it was a scenario. I think BT (for Ben Tippman i think) holds it annually (again, i think). For me i don't play speedball, cause i own an SP1, so woods is my thing. I haven't played in almost 2 months, but this saturday will be my redemption. =]

Hey if you can make it to World Cup Asia in KL this November you can play rec games for free! It appears they're trying to promote some new gear so pro players from the US like Chris Lasoya and Ollie Lang will be holding free rec games. It's for rec players only so us tourney players can only watch in envy while we focus on our WCA games. Here is the link: http://www.xtionpain...pic,4459.0.html

Check it out, I mean 10 man, free paint, free entrance, and new markers to test out...that's awesome! My guess is they'll have the new milsim markers with the new .50 cal paint.

If you are there stop by the D2 tents and look for Team Evolution from Guam and ask for Richard. It'll be great to see another fellow Techpb member there.

#22 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

Woot! Malaysia made it to the second page! what an achievement...

Wow, damn, that looks pretty cool. It's about a week before my finals. But this is Chris Lasoya and Ollie Lang. Uhmmm... uhmmm... I think i'll have to go, but i don't have a recball team tho =/

I only have 3 or 4 regulars who go paintballing with me. Sad huh? <_<

But yeah, if i go there i'll definitely look out for you guys. are you richard, OOG? I'd love to meet a fellow TechPB'er for the first time :lol:

#23 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Wow, damn, that looks pretty cool. It's about a week before my finals. But this is Chris Lasoya and Ollie Lang. Uhmmm... uhmmm... I think i'll have to go, but i don't have a recball team tho =/

But yeah, if i go there i'll definitely look out for you guys. are you richard, OOG? I'd love to meet a fellow TechPB'er for the first time :lol:

Yup my name is Richard. I recommend you contact Paul Lam on the site and ask him for assistance in participating. It looks like they have room for 10 teams only. Not everyone has 10 players so I'm sure they can put you with someone. Who know you may have Chris Lasoya or Ollie Lang on your team!

#24 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Yup my name is Richard. I recommend you contact Paul Lam on the site and ask him for assistance in participating. It looks like they have room for 10 teams only. Not everyone has 10 players so I'm sure they can put you with someone. Who know you may have Chris Lasoya or Ollie Lang on your team!

Cool! My name's Loh, pleasure mate. Haha! don't get my hopes up man, playing with those guys would almost be like having tea with teddy roosevelt. But yeah, i'll ask my friends who are interested first, then the planning begins =]

#25 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:41 PM

Cool! My name's Loh, pleasure mate. Haha! don't get my hopes up man, playing with those guys would almost be like having tea with teddy roosevelt. But yeah, i'll ask my friends who are interested first, then the planning begins =]

yo.. hi there richard... & loh... :-)
the free recball game is full, even after they expended to 16 teams (2 frm media).. yeah man, we have to pay & they get to play for free... & oh, the news is out, they gonna use the .50cal GI MilSim for that game...

loh.. where do u normally play? tanamera, mud trekker or cerakah? i was the chrono ref during miepc, but didn't attend the BT as i got some other commitment at that time...
tea with roosevelt....? hmm.. must've met the 'wrong' lah...

richard... looks like we're gonna go against each other this wca, coz i'm in D2 too... ;)
shoot'cha later dude... hehehe

#26 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

see you at WCA guys

Edited by OOG671, 25 October 2009 - 11:36 PM.

#27 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

the free recball game is full, even after they expended to 16 teams (2 frm media).. yeah man, we have to pay & they get to play for free... & oh, the news is out, they gonna use the .50cal GI MilSim for that game...

loh.. where do u normally play? tanamera, mud trekker or cerakah? i was the chrono ref during miepc, but didn't attend the BT as i got some other commitment at that time...

richard... looks like we're gonna go against each other this wca, coz i'm in D2 too... ;)

Darn! i wanted to try out the 50 cal SP1's, sucks it's full though =/

I've been playin at Mudtrekkers, i think i might try tanamera this weekend...

Teddy was all i could think of at the time, but i think maybe chuck norris is a good comparison? XD

Yeah, I hope i can make it for the wca, even if i won't be playing... =]

#28 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Darn! i wanted to try out the 50 cal SP1's, sucks it's full though =/

I've been playin at Mudtrekkers, i think i might try tanamera this weekend...

Teddy was all i could think of at the time, but i think maybe chuck norris is a good comparison? XD

Yeah, I hope i can make it for the wca, even if i won't be playing... =]

come during the recball game & u might be a ble to test out that new .50cal markers... & maybe get to know more ppl for future games... ;-)

#29 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

yea...come to WCA to at least meet other players and check out the vendors. I would suggest you create a profile of your team and have it ready...you may just find a sponsor for your scenario team.

Badman what team you playin for bro?

Edited by OOG671, 26 October 2009 - 08:03 PM.

#30 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

That quote just got too long man. Anyways, what time is the recball game? i'll try make it then...

yea...come to WCA to at least meet other players and check out the vendors. I would suggest you create a profile of your team and have it ready...you may just find a sponsor for your scenario team.

Problem is bro, i don't have a team. The people i play with aren't as serious as i am about the game. So yeah, that kinda sucks...

#31 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

That quote just got too long man. Anyways, what time is the recball game? i'll try make it then...

Problem is bro, i don't have a team. The people i play with aren't as serious as i am about the game. So yeah, that kinda sucks...

well, if u don't have a team, staying at homewon't get u one either... come & mingle around, u might found what u r looking for...

richard, my team is in the midst of changing our name, haven't really decided which name we gonna use for WCA. but will tell u when it's finalised.. or i might just give u a surprise visit at the tent... hehehe... :P

#32 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

well, if u don't have a team, staying at homewon't get u one either... come & mingle around, u might found what u r looking for...

richard, my team is in the midst of changing our name, haven't really decided which name we gonna use for WCA. but will tell u when it's finalised.. or i might just give u a surprise visit at the tent... hehehe... :P

Yeah, i just met some guys who play with the Marauders ( i think thats their name) and i guess i'll go play with em sometime.

Unfortunately, i might have some bad news... i might not make it for the WCA. Girl asked me to go out to singapore with her for that week =[ i'll try dodge it though...
[size="4"]When in doubt, empty thy hopper.

Pointman, live to serve, live to lead

SP1 for dummies, by dummies

#33 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, i just met some guys who play with the Marauders ( i think thats their name) and i guess i'll go play with em sometime.

Unfortunately, i might have some bad news... i might not make it for the WCA. Girl asked me to go out to singapore with her for that week =[ i'll try dodge it though...

met the marauders, eh...? that crazy bunch of guys... or are they *banmeplzktx* (I can say *banmeplzktx*, because me and my life partner go to Disney every single year)..? HAHAHAH... just kidding there... :P
gal... that's why i'm single... :rolleyes:

yo richard.. we'd be using the name Enigma... c u at the 50's... or i'd always say - shootcha later... :) B)

#34 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

[/quote]

yo richard.. we'd be using the name Enigma... c u at the 50's... or i'd always say - shootcha later... Posted Image Posted Image
[/quote]

I'm tuning my SL8R to fire Team Engima Seeking Paintballs just for you bro...hehe....can't wait...WCA here we come!

#35 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

yo richard.. we'd be using the name Enigma... c u at the 50's... or i'd always say - shootcha later... Posted Image Posted Image

I'm tuning my SL8R to fire Team Engima Seeking Paintballs just for you bro...hehe....can't wait...WCA here we come!

:lol: good luck in trying, man.... :P B)

#36 pumafan81

pumafan81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

Hi guys... Malaysian here.... using Proto PM8...happy with it and will be playing in WCA this Nov.. see you guys there...Posted Image

#37 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:56 AM

Two more days and I'm heading to Malaysia! WCA here I come!

#38 Redzzza Godzilla!

Redzzza Godzilla!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:49 AM

im from malaysia, formerly from team vindicated division 4,(wca)
Screw the steel people, go for the dragon :P

#39 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

How'd you guys do? My team, Evolution, didn't do that well but we had a blast visiting your country. I think Dez aka evil chef has some D4 pics up on his site already. You're D4 field was probably the most muddiest of all fields Posted Image

#40 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

How'd you guys do? My team, Evolution, didn't do that well but we had a blast visiting your country. I think Dez aka evil chef has some D4 pics up on his site already. You're D4 field was probably the most muddiest of all fields Posted Image

Heh, welcome to Malaysia. my boots sank into the mud by almost 2 inches 2 days ago at our local dday... muddy is right...

#41 preacher_pbm

preacher_pbm

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

greetings all, i cant believe i missed this thread for the longest time ....

i know a few of u ... and well think i recognise a few others ... haha .... badman good to see ya ;)
loh we got to have a game one of these days ... keep ur calender free for the 17th feb theres a game in kedah it should be interesting ...

if any of you are at Bkt Ceraka aka Paintball Valley @ tmn pertanian .. swing by i should b there most weekends ... callsigns Preacher
ask anyone around and u'll find me :) .... or ill b in a techpb jersey soon :) woohoo ...

#42 HowlingMoon

HowlingMoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hi I am also a Malaysian but am in Europe for the time being. Once I get back to Malaysia, I will join the woodsball/scenario circuit. I own a PMR10, a Tippmann X7 Phenom and an Ego09. Hope to meet some of you in person.

In Malaysia, I live in Shah Alam, so am quite close to Bukit Cerakah...

Cheers for now...

HM

#43 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

wow, i've been away for just as long man.. but at least we've got more pages than any other asian country... :blink:
B) win

#44 badman

badman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:20 AM

man. it's been a while.... good to see u guys here...
yeah, shane... humble chef jom...!! B)

Edited by badman, 11 September 2010 - 02:21 AM.

#45 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

Who's goin for SPG drug wars tomorrow? Shane, you better be there... Posted Image

#46 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

Sup my Malaysian bros...hope to head down there again to play...hopefully sooner than later :)

#47 Werdna Hol

Werdna Hol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Helllooooooo Malaysians!!! Andrew Loh checking in!!
Hey OOG671, so you know Richster from Boonie Dogs (Guam?) Cool guy!

Shame i register late in this forum...was browsing some safety related issues and somehow diverted to this topic! But it's never too late! Cool forum, i'm giving thumbs up for the "Negative Paintball News" topic. It's very informative and i'm going to introduce this site to more players.

but wow....some friend's last post was months back huh? Wonder where Badman, Mervyn and Shane is now.....

Attached File  WPPL BLOCK LOGO TM HIGH12.jpg   99.3KB   3 downloads
Werdna Hol Sportz
www.werdnahol.com
World Paintball Players League
www,wppl.tv

#48 Blaze 100

Blaze 100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:06 AM

Yo Andrew! Where have u been? LOL!
Posted Image

www.slyequipment.com

#49 Werdna Hol

Werdna Hol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

Been around.....as usual busy with work. Nice forum here huh?
Werdna Hol Sportz
www.werdnahol.com
World Paintball Players League
www,wppl.tv

#50 Blaze 100

Blaze 100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

very nice....u missed the fun!
Posted Image

www.slyequipment.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users