72 replies to this topic

#51 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Helllooooooo Malaysians!!! Andrew Loh checking in!!
Hey OOG671, so you know Richster from Boonie Dogs (Guam?) Cool guy!

Shame i register late in this forum...was browsing some safety related issues and somehow diverted to this topic! But it's never too late! Cool forum, i'm giving thumbs up for the "Negative Paintball News" topic. It's very informative and i'm going to introduce this site to more players.

but wow....some friend's last post was months back huh? Wonder where Badman, Mervyn and Shane is now.....

Sup Drew....I played WCA 09....D2....played D1 in 07 at the PIMP event for the Boonie Dogs.......yea Ricster is cool.....he owns the only field out here....hehe....I believe Shane aka Preacher is on here every now and then....by the way our Guam Xball League is now affiliated with PALS as a seeder league...I know people have different feelings towards PALS but this recognition is important for the growth and legitimacy of paintball on Guam. Ricster is Chairman of course.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#52 Werdna Hol

Werdna Hol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

Shame i register late in this forum...was browsing some safety related issues and somehow diverted to this topic! But it's never too late! Cool forum, i'm giving thumbs up for the "Negative Paintball News" topic. It's very informative and i'm going to introduce this site to more players.

but wow....some friend's last post was months back huh? Wonder where Badman, Mervyn and Shane is now.....

Sup Drew....I played WCA 09....D2....played D1 in 07 at the PIMP event for the Boonie Dogs.......yea Ricster is cool.....he owns the only field out here....hehe....I believe Shane aka Preacher is on here every now and then....by the way our Guam Xball League is now affiliated with PALS as a seeder league...I know people have different feelings towards PALS but this recognition is important for the growth and legitimacy of paintball on Guam. Ricster is Chairman of course.

I see, great to hear that! Send my regards to Richster for me ya! So you're one of Boonie Dogs eh? I remember i played with you guys in Philippines 1st Asia Cup in 2004, i think. I remember there's one guy using the Qloader. That's where i met Richster too! You guys still flying around to play paintball? Wish i can make it there in Guam one day.....
Werdna Hol Sportz
www.werdnahol.com
World Paintball Players League
www,wppl.tv

#53 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

I see, great to hear that! Send my regards to Richster for me ya! So you're one of Boonie Dogs eh? I remember i played with you guys in Philippines 1st Asia Cup in 2004, i think. I remember there's one guy using the Qloader. That's where i met Richster too! You guys still flying around to play paintball? Wish i can make it there in Guam one day.....

I'll let Ricster know. I "was" a Boonie Dog....now I'm a free agent...play for anybody...tourney paintball kinda burned me out in 2009. After 4 years of competing I decided to take a break so I took a year break doing reffing and playing only rec ball in 2010. Nowadays I promote pump play and play rec ball/speedball games at the field. At our last two GXL events...I was one of the head marshalls for event 1 and for event 2 I guested on a team that was short on players....I plan to ref events 3 and 4 though.

The Boonie Dogs will be playing PALS leg 3 in the Philippines this year. However, for WCA 2011 I believe that a Guam All Star team will be created to play that event. Whether there will be a separate Boonie Dog squad from players who did not make the All Star team at WCA I'm not sure. I do believe another Guam team is also preparing to go to WCA 2011 and will likely play D2 or D1.

#54 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Well, I might be moving to Kuala Lumpur, but I don't know for sure yet. Depends on if my mom gets the job she applied for or not. If I do move, I hope some of you guys will show me around. ;)

#55 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

Hey TK-421...I'm not from Malaysia but I've been there and all I can say is the Malaysian's have great hospitality and they love to play paintball. Malaysia is literally the biggest and fastest growing paintball place in the region. Plus your pretty close to other countries so you can visit and play paintball in places like Taiwan, Thailand, Philippines, China etc.

I hope to visit there next year and I know some of the teams from Guam will be going there in November for sure.

#56 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

Sweet, I'll definitely be bringing my gear, rather than leaving it in storage, if I do end up moving. I really hope I do, I need a change of venue, lol. To the people in Malaysia, do you know of any websites I can go to, or do you know the answers to my questions, I want to know what it takes to get a drivers license in Malaysia, and what gun laws are like, if you're allowed to own weapons. And what fun stuff is there to do is Kuala Lumpur?

#57 BonnZ3rR87

BonnZ3rR87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

Sweet, I'll definitely be bringing my gear, rather than leaving it in storage, if I do end up moving. I really hope I do, I need a change of venue, lol. To the people in Malaysia, do you know of any websites I can go to, or do you know the answers to my questions, I want to know what it takes to get a drivers license in Malaysia, and what gun laws are like, if you're allowed to own weapons. And what fun stuff is there to do is Kuala Lumpur?

You can check out xtionpaintball.com which is our version of the 'nation (or TechPB, whichever you prefer) I guess. Strangely, you need the mods to approve your application first before you can be registered as a member. I applied a few times before, mods never gave a damn I guess so I turned to TechPB to get my paintball related questions answered. And it seems to me that only the BST section is active. For general news on Malaysian paintball (news on small events or tourneys mostly), you can always check the various pages available on facebook (ie MY-NPL, MPOC)

To get a driver's license you need to be 17 years or older. Not sure what sort of rules would apply for non-Malaysians.

Here's a link to help explain you on our gun laws;
http://202.75.6.111/...l. 1/Act 37.pdf
Having your electro submerged in water while switched on is bad for its board...

#58 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:42 AM

Damn, those are strict laws if you commit a crime, much better than the US. And you still have whipping, very nice. Doesn't say much about what it takes to own or carry one, if you even can, though. Do you guys have local gun shops? Or are gun laws pretty strict?

As to being 17 to get a license, that's good, since I'm 21.

What's the drinking age? And is there a legal limit where if you go past it you're considered driving while intoxicated, like we have in the US?

#59 BonnZ3rR87

BonnZ3rR87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:19 AM

Damn, those are strict laws if you commit a crime, much better than the US. And you still have whipping, very nice. Doesn't say much about what it takes to own or carry one, if you even can, though. Do you guys have local gun shops? Or are gun laws pretty strict?

As to being 17 to get a license, that's good, since I'm 21.

What's the drinking age? And is there a legal limit where if you go past it you're considered driving while intoxicated, like we have in the US?

Yea we do have local gun shops. In the past, I used to follow my dad to check out guns whenever he needs to buy shells for his shotgun but nowadays gun shop owners don't display their guns anymore. Paintball shops do display the markers though.

Basically to own a gun, you need to make an application to the Chief Police Officer of the state where you are residing. Of course, the Chief is going to ask you a lot of questions which involves a lot of "WHYs". It's discretionary mostly. Farmers or anyone with a big land would have a very easy time applying for a shotgun, normally. Application for pistols are more likely to be rejected though, unless you handle thousands of bucks (ringgit) every day or you're some big shot politician. Here's another link which would be more relevant, think I gave you the wrong one just now; http://www.agc.gov.m.... 5/Act 206.pdf

I'm not sure what's the legal limit before you're considered intoxicated, but last time I checked BAC should ALWAYS remain at 0.00% which basically means that you're not supposed to have even a drop of alcohol I guess before you get on the wheels. But I guess, if you're a good drinker you can always just make sure you don't drive like a moron. The legal age for drinking is 18 years but some bars only allow those who are 21 years or older to drink, so I guess you're good to go.
Having your electro submerged in water while switched on is bad for its board...

#60 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, I just asked about drunk driving because I'm curious how laws over there compare the ones over here. Basically I don't want to go over there, and get my ass thrown in jail because I do what I'm used to, and end up having what I'm used to becoming illegal.

And that link had better info, thanks. Do you think I'll need a gun in Kuala Lumpur? I'm hoping not, but if the need exists, then I'll look into buying one more closely.

And how's the weather? I've heard it's 70's and 80's year round, with a few months of rain? What's the highest and lowest it's been in the past decade or so? Should I leave all my winter coats in the states?

#61 BonnZ3rR87

BonnZ3rR87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, I just asked about drunk driving because I'm curious how laws over there compare the ones over here. Basically I don't want to go over there, and get my ass thrown in jail because I do what I'm used to, and end up having what I'm used to becoming illegal.

And that link had better info, thanks. Do you think I'll need a gun in Kuala Lumpur? I'm hoping not, but if the need exists, then I'll look into buying one more closely.

And how's the weather? I've heard it's 70's and 80's year round, with a few months of rain? What's the highest and lowest it's been in the past decade or so? Should I leave all my winter coats in the states?

Naah, I don't think you need a gun in Kuala Lumpur but like all places in the world, just be careful where you go to. However, be very aware of a large number of dudes riding motorcycles revving loudly in the middle of the night racing around, most of the time just plain joy riding. We call these douchebags "Mat Rempits" a lamer version of Hell's Angels I guess. I may be doing some of them injustice by saying this, but A LOT of them are robbers, snatch-thieves, punks, and some are even rapists. They may be the only reason why anyone would carry a gun around Kuala Lumpur but to be honest I never had any trouble from them, probably because I'm kind of good at avoiding danger. Don't think too much about that though, wouldn't want you to get paranoid.

It's around 30-38 degrees Celsius here, sometimes 40+ on a really bad day. It can get really stormy but not really months of rain, weeks at most or it can get really hot. If you love summer, you're going to love our weather. YES, leave your winter coats in the states, I am VERY sure you do not need them. Just t-shirts and jeans would do. I gotta tell you that it's quite humid here, I'm not sure how it would affect paintballing, but I guess it could cause some drawbacks.

#62 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:13 AM

Alright, I'll make sure to stay away from large groups of bikers at night, I definitely don't need to run into lots of trouble. I like to keep things peaceful and calm, it makes life go smoother. Glad I won't have too much to worry about if I move there, if that's the worst Kuala Lumpur has to offer.

What are prices like for entry and paint? And how long of a drive will it be? Is it cheap enough I can play every other weekend or so? Or will it be like once a month?

I'm thinking of picking up a Kawasaki Ninja 650R when I get there, since motorcycles are easier to get around on. How lax are the traffic laws for motorcycles? I've watched videos of a canadian guy who moved to Taiwan, he's Mordeth13 on Youtube, and he's always doing stupid shit and getting away with it. He'll go into oncoming traffic to pass on the left, or split lanes, or pass on the shoulder, he's generally excessively speeding pretty constantly, and basically always doing stuff that would get you thrown in jail overnight here. Can you get away with that kind of stuff in Kuala Lumpur too? Or is it just local to his area?

And man, seems like 30-38 is like 80's and 90s, that's not gonna be much fun. I much prefer fall over summer. I like my temperatures to be in the 50s and 60s, that'd be in the 10-16 range for celsius, and I never liked humid. Hope you guys have air conditioning, lol.

#63 BonnZ3rR87

BonnZ3rR87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

Alright, I'll make sure to stay away from large groups of bikers at night, I definitely don't need to run into lots of trouble. I like to keep things peaceful and calm, it makes life go smoother. Glad I won't have too much to worry about if I move there, if that's the worst Kuala Lumpur has to offer.

What are prices like for entry and paint? And how long of a drive will it be? Is it cheap enough I can play every other weekend or so? Or will it be like once a month?

I'm thinking of picking up a Kawasaki Ninja 650R when I get there, since motorcycles are easier to get around on. How lax are the traffic laws for motorcycles? I've watched videos of a canadian guy who moved to Taiwan, he's Mordeth13 on Youtube, and he's always doing stupid shit and getting away with it. He'll go into oncoming traffic to pass on the left, or split lanes, or pass on the shoulder, he's generally excessively speeding pretty constantly, and basically always doing stuff that would get you thrown in jail overnight here. Can you get away with that kind of stuff in Kuala Lumpur too? Or is it just local to his area?

And man, seems like 30-38 is like 80's and 90s, that's not gonna be much fun. I much prefer fall over summer. I like my temperatures to be in the 50s and 60s, that'd be in the 10-16 range for celsius, and I never liked humid. Hope you guys have air conditioning, lol.

Kuala Lumpur has A LOT OF FIELDS, there's Paintball TAG, Xtion Paintball Park, NPNG (stands for No Pain No Gain), MAPAAC (Malaysia Paintball Academy) among others. How long a drive depends on where you stay. But I doubt it'd take you more than half an hour unless you're out to ball in another state. Entry fees are usually 20 ringgit (about 7 dollars I guess), owners tend to waive entry if you're a regular but don't go around saying, "HEY MAN, I'M A REGULAR. Free entry, good sir, if you may." The price of paint varies from RM170-RM240. Most fields charge 200 ringgit a box but I've heard that KL fields now charge 180 ringgit per box. If you can play every weekend in the States, you can do it here. Price is about the same. The quality of paint varies too. Regardless whether it's "basic grade", "field grade", or "tournament/professional grade", fields would still charge the same price as how they advertise the price of their paint. UNLESS, we're talking about RPS Evil/Marbalizers, they'll charge more for that but I've never seen a field selling Evil yet.

Hahahahah don't do that shit! UNLESS, it's 2 am and nobody's on the road but then you'd have to worry about speed traps and they're kinda hard to spot. Hell, sometimes you'd have to handle the occasional irate "old-man" driver if you do stuff like that. Or very angry rempit bikers screaming at you in a tongue I'm pretty you won't understand, yet.

Don't worry about it, we have A LOT OF air conditioning, it's the first piece of modern technology created by western civilisation (or was it the Japs...too lazy to wiki it *shrugs*) that we picked up...or was it guns...Why do you think we like to go your side of the world and I see a lot of you guys here...ahhahaahha...Guess we hate our respective weathers?

#64 ZaiNyFoo

ZaiNyFoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:54 AM

Cool, didn't know this thread existed. Good to see fellow Malaysians on the forum.

#65 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

Cool, didn't know this thread existed. Good to see fellow Malaysians on the forum.

Oh good, you're in Kuala Lumpur, I hope you know all the good party spots. :P

#66 ZaiNyFoo

ZaiNyFoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Oh good, you're in Kuala Lumpur, I hope you know all the good party spots. :P

Your guess is as good as mine, I'm afraid. Not much of a party goer these days. :P

Plenty of it here in KL, though. Just ring me up if you need a wingman.

#67 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if I make it out there. Mom hasn't heard back from the people, so he's assuming she didn't get the job, and I need to make a video as a cover letter to apply for the job, and I haven't done that yet. But I hope they hire me, it would be fun.

#68 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if I make it out there. Mom hasn't heard back from the people, so he's assuming she didn't get the job, and I need to make a video as a cover letter to apply for the job, and I haven't done that yet. But I hope they hire me, it would be fun.

Dang man... sure woulda been cool to have you over here in Malaysia. See, i work in KL, and i know ALL the party spots cuz it's my job to know.

Hey zainy! wassup man?!! good to see werdna hol here too :lol:

It's been a long long time since i ventured to this corner of the forum...

Can't wait for the big puterajaya game on the 28th :tup: See you guys there... "TO THE FRONT!!"
[size="4"]When in doubt, empty thy hopper.

Pointman, live to serve, live to lead

SP1 for dummies, by dummies

#69 Pennywise

Pennywise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hi all...new to the forum and new to the game.....only played 3 times.....

Just got my Azodin Kaos Digi Camo at KCHL Paintball.......
Now.....hmmm...when to play ah....hahahahahhaaha

#70 Pennywise

Pennywise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

First played paintball at xtreme park bukit jalil years ago. Second time was during our company trip at bukit gambang resort recently. That was when the bug bit me and my company directors. And it bit hard!!!!

Four days after that, my director went and got his Tippmann X7 Phenom with e grip ... Two weeks later we played at Putra Paintball Park with members of another forum that I am a member of.

Next game will be at Kombatzone Taman Melawati. HUAT arrrrr.... Now can try out my Azodin Kaos!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCockSingSong

#71 LTY6550

LTY6550

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

Malaysian player here ! signing in for the thread !

Also, im a woodsballer, not so much on speedball.

#72 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Wow, , lots of Malaysians aroibd huh! I'm not Malaysian, I study in Sunway though. I'm new around so anybody wants to ball just let me know please.

#73 jefflhlow

jefflhlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Malaysian... Reporting in!
Team Manager of Drake Knight Paintball Club Malaysia. www.facebook.com/DrakeKnightMY

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users