33 replies to this topic

#1 Cbar Hero

Cbar Hero

A powerful man with a powerful plan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:43 AM

Found this story randomly. The details aren't clear if they guys were playing in their apartment complex or just came back from a game. Either way check it out:
http://www.nola.com/...09/05/beat.html

#2 paintballgpimp489

paintballgpimp489

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:59 AM

wow dude that sux feel bad for those guys i mean yes its not the smartest thing to play paintball in a neighborhood (even if the building is abandoned) the cops had every right to confiskate the markers but the beating was not called for at all thats just totally wrong
Ion Owners Group [url="http://"http//www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39714&st=0#entry475321""]NE Ballers Club - click here[/url] Posted Image

#3 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

Police Brutality :tdn:

Moved to Negative News

- Murph

Edited by MurphMan, 06 June 2009 - 03:16 AM.

#4 _ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

_ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

Of course there is always two sides to story but this is one of those cases sounding pretty one sided. Not all cops are bad, there is a small percentage that are just like anywhere else, there are bad people no matter where you go. I'd like to see the dash cam recordings of this and then soon after see those cops fired and charged with assault with a weapon and throw them in prison, enjoy....

#5 paintballgpimp489

paintballgpimp489

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:22 AM

Of course there is always two sides to story but this is one of those cases sounding pretty one sided. Not all cops are bad, there is a small percentage that are just like anywhere else, there are bad people no matter where you go. I'd like to see the dash cam recordings of this and then soon after see those cops fired and charged with assault with a weapon and throw them in prison, enjoy....

agreed i happen to know many cops and they are all very nice people but once they put on the uniform they are still nice people unless threatened.. the cops i know do not beat anyway exesively even when confronted with a situation. the bottom liine is people are goign to try and play the race card and tell people that all cops are bad and to run when they see them but this is just untrue. that is only a small portion if i had to guess i would say maybe 5-10% tops imo the cops did everything right in that situation untill they started to beat the young men.
Ion Owners Group [url="http://"http//www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39714&st=0#entry475321""]NE Ballers Club - click here[/url] Posted Image

#6 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

Wow... Thats horrible. I hope those cops get what they deserve.

#7 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

The first comment I read pretty much sums it up for almost all PO's. It's not surprising that they beat up black teens, or young black men. It's all too common, and I doubt it will ever go away. I've had some good students, upstanding people, just disappear from class for a couple of days and return in bad shape. Luckily it's not all too common in my area, but it shouldn't happen at all.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#8 TaintedEvil

TaintedEvil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:19 AM

That really is too bad. It makes me sad to hear about people being treated as criminals because they we're playing paintball. Sounds like a couple bad cops out of the many good ones there are. I can understand them being concerned with a call about kids running around with what the caller didn't know was a paintball gun. But the beating was totally unnecessary, those cops should be fired and have to issue a public apology for those kids and their families. Now, I don't want to make this a racial conversation, but do you think the outcome would have been different if they were white kids playing instead of blacks?

Crossfire 68/4500 F/S/T | My Moderator Application
QUOTE (PrometheanFlame @ Aug 28 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Die, spam-thread! Die! Cut off the head and burn it, or it will rise from its grave on the next full moon!

#9 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Slingshot/firearm? A paintball marker falls into neither of those categories.....

Edited by U83R 1337, 06 June 2009 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#10 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

Now, I don't want to make this a racial conversation, but do you think the outcome would have been different if they were white kids playing instead of blacks?

Of course.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#11 Logan_MML

Logan_MML

Monday Morning Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thats so messed up, however I'm sure there is another side to this story.

#12 nick964

nick964

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

Wow, that sucks. Damned cops.

Will they get their markers back after their confiscated?

A Paintball Guru

#13 Cbar Hero

Cbar Hero

A powerful man with a powerful plan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

Yeah its a bit of a mess to sort out if everything happened as it is said in the story, in either case the out come was harsh. I'd hate for this story to stereotype cops as well. There are a lot of good officers out there for certain but everyone has heard about or seen one at some point that abuses their power in some excessive way and those are the ones leave the most prominent impressions sadly.

#14 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

???

:o
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#15 Newbie123(Dalton)

Newbie123(Dalton)

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

I agree with some of the people in this post, it was right of the cops to confiscate the markers, but DEFINITELY not to beat them. Plus in the story it says that the Teen's already told them that they where paintball markers, so they had NO right to beat them, especially if they where handcuffed and defenseless, its just plain wrong and a total PUSSY move.

Just my thoughts,
-Dalton

#16 TaintedEvil

TaintedEvil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Slingshot/firearm? A paintball marker falls into neither of those categories.....

When the general public sees your paintball marker, even if you say marker they think gun. All they see is a trigger, a barrel, and projectiles shooting out at high speeds.

Die, spam-thread! Die! Cut off the head and burn it, or it will rise from its grave on the next full moon!

#17 DPG3master

DPG3master

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

the cops were wayy too tough.
but it is very stupid to carry a paintball gun around in public, (especially a tactical one)
the police will shoot you

That really is too bad. It makes me sad to hear about people being treated as criminals because they we're playing paintball. Sounds like a couple bad cops out of the many good ones there are. I can understand them being concerned with a call about kids running around with what the caller didn't know was a paintball gun. But the beating was totally unnecessary, those cops should be fired and have to issue a public apology for those kids and their families. Now, I don't want to make this a racial conversation, but do you think the outcome would have been different if they were white kids playing instead of blacks?

playing paintball?!?!?!
you play paintball in the forest or an organized location not in your apartement!!!!!!

#18 TaintedEvil

TaintedEvil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

Well they could have just been testing their guns out in their yard or something and they had their gear on. If they were up to no good I think they would have shown more resistance or tried to run away if they were doing something wrong

#19 Flonominal

Flonominal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

It was a VACANT apartment complex most likely abandoned... it's New Orleans after all, a lot of spots haven't recovered yet...DPG3MASTER try reading the actual article before making dumb assumptions...

NOPD, particularly JPSD is notorious for such acts... its funny how those who post, that question these young african american males are ignorant and obviously have no idea what so ever about the sad reality is in certain parts of America. TRUTH BE TOLD, there just as many crooked, and dirty cops as there are upstanding cops. Granted it was stupid of these kids to play ball in a public area.... but it doesn't justify the need for those low life officers to bust on these kids the way they did. Obvious case of police brutality...

#20 badger nine

badger nine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

It was stupid of the kids to be shooting/playing paintball in a public area,but getting beaten up by cops for having paintball markers? Hope the cops that did this are fired if this is the true story, but untill the other side of the story comes out i'm not making any final opinons.
"In life, fuck whatevery one else says, screw what they think, and do what makes you happy." - Mike

Posted Image

#21 slgballa94

slgballa94

first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

the cops beating them...hmm how to explain this.. they are trained to bring the person to the ground, not beat the person.... yah i think it got taken out of context and the cops probably did beat them
Pump/Stock Players Clan
~first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban from pacostacos88~

#22 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

''Two teenagers who were playing with paintball guns say they were beaten by a Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputy Saturday night outside a vacant Marrero apartment complex"" so they where playing with them out side! just because you said they where un clear

#23 crazycanuck

crazycanuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

usa cops r fucking stupid

#24 Barrett

Barrett

Since '93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

Their race was obviously not a factor in the cops abusive behavior. <_< Still, it wasn't a smart thing to be playing in a public area without notifying the authorities first.
Posted Image

#25 CRU_Paintball

CRU_Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

Ok, I need to be honest, some of your replies kinda upset me. I'm probably going to get slaughtered on here for posting my opinion but i can't sit here and read this and not say something. I may be a bit toward favoring police officers because my father has been one for over 20 years now. However, I am 26 years old and am able to make my own decisions, and I know how the world works.

This article is obviously written from the "victims" perspective. Now if this went down exactly the way they say, which I'm 99% sure it didn't) the police officers are completely in the wrong for beating them. However, I'm fairly certain these high school kids didn't just sit there quietly. In any event, Their guns should be taken and not returned.

They were playing paintball in the middle of an apartment complex. The reason I know they were playing there is it says they were going back to the truck to "reload". They should do some type of jail time or at least community service for playing paintball in the middle of an apartment complex. What's funny is if someone made a tv show of people playing paintball in an apartment, everyone on this website would be up in arms about how unsafe it is but when it happens in real life people want these kids to get their guns back.

Sorry to break it to you but these kids are idiots, anyone who would play paintball in a place like that is an idiot and seriously lacks the ability to make good decisions. Which is why I'm fairly sure that they weren't little angels like the article says they were when confronted by the police.

The other thing that everyone needs to take into consideration is that these police are coming to the scene with the report of people walking around with "long rifles". Now instead of looking at this as an everyday person, try to take the police officer's perspective. He gets a call saying to go to this apartment complex because there are MULTIPLE PEOPLE walking around with long rifles. That is going to automatically put them on edge.

The thing a lot of people don't understand is that being a cop is just a job like anything else. The major difference is that they could lose their life at any time while working. So if they have to over react sometimes to keep themselves alive, I'm all for it. If I'm a cop, my main objective every day is to make it home alive.

Now obviously in hindsight knowing that they were just paintball markers it seems harsh treatment to put them in cuffs and take their guns but you have to realize that they were going there expecting to be walking up to multiple people with long rifles.

Lastly, if the teens didn't do anything to provoke any type of aggressive reaction towards them, the whole beating thing was completely uncalled for and the offenders should be dealt with correctly. However, if they some how did bring this on themselves and it just wasn't brought up in this article, such as pointing the markers at the police or something like that, they COMPLETELY deserved what they got. If I was a cop and a bunch of idiot teens were waving paintball guns around me I'm beating the shit out of one or two of them if that's what it takes to keep me safe. I'm going home after my shift.

If this offends anyone, I truly am sorry. I just wanted everyone to see the other perspective of this story. I'm more than happy to answer questions if anyone has one. I will be following the thread

- CRU

#26 ryanworldleader

ryanworldleader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

i used to live in New Orleans, and it's F'd up.
Posted Image
PM me with links to tanks, hoppers or guns. IM BACK TO PLAY!!
My Feedback

#27 john0156

john0156

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

that sucks
Posted Imageovertone83, on 28 March 2010 - 12:42 AM, said:

And you're from Canada. You have healthcare and we have cheap paint.

#28 GOLD3N

GOLD3N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

wow. im from new orleans. nut i moved this past summer. i can see why the ops were called because there is alot of violence and gang related stuff going on. but thats not the first time a nola cop has been caught beating somone who has cuffs on. but the apartments they where at there are "no trespassing" signs but that still gives the cop no rights :angry:

if ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig
95% of all teens would go into a panic if the Jonas Brothers were on top of a building about to jump. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends while yelling "JUMP BITCH! JUMP!"

#29 jarhead995

jarhead995

I have an avatar, hes just a ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

sue the fuckers
Planet Eclipse Ego 6 / Reloader B / Ninja 68/45
Ninja Tank Club Jewish Ballers Club My Feedback +2/0
If you are a Jewish Baller put this in your sig
My Website
Posted Image

#30 tracerfire

tracerfire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

thats messed up...my dads an rcmp officer and i dont think he would even think of doing such a horrible thing cops get called out for stupid crap like that but that doesnt mean you beat the person, fukin guy should have lost his job on the spot, but shit like that happens to black kids...its unfortunate
Cheaters always wipe, Wipers always cheat
Bonusballs are for pinball not paintball

#31 drummermike

drummermike

Elite Member (not really)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

I doubt it happened exactly like that you can't just believe something because some teenagers said it. Police aren't paintball hating monsters that come to your field (or in public for there case) and just start beating paintball players. We only heard the two kids side of the story which can't always be trusted. I would be surprised if it happened like this, but could see the police hitting the paintball players.

If they asked the police what happened they will probably say that the two kids were shooting paintballs and they thought they were vandalizing property so they went to detain them. The kids then probably either tried to use there paintball guns against the police or were just not listening and reaching into the car for something which is when the officer probably punched him in the face a kneed him.

There is always going to be two sides of the story you can never judge from just one. If the news said the story from the police side of view it wouldn't be as exciting as, "Police Brutally Beat Paintballers."

#32 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

that is very sad and dumb
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#33 PaintballHazard

PaintballHazard

Speedballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:45 AM

"were running through the apartment complex carrying "long rifles.""

Maybe they were scaring people with them? Just a possibility.
But, of course, ecpecially while cuffed, it was uncalled for
Indiana Member #2 Retired TechPB user

#34 minikmak

minikmak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

wow did anyone read the posts on that site
Posted Image - join grassroots

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users