• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pbpilot1025

pbpilot1025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

Ive been playing paintball for about 4 years. I played 2 days this summer (in south florida) and it was hot as hell, and every single time i play i am useless the next 2 days due to how sore i am. So heres my dilemma; Im 16, weigh 134 lbs, and im 6' 0'' and hypoglycemic. My doctor says i need to gain weight, but i dont know how. Ive been having the problem of poor stamina while playing, and i just cant gain weight (even muscle).
Ive been working out for the past few months in preperation for my yearly summer paintball binge, but this year i cant put any weight on and keep stamina up.

Any tips?

#2 Juke

Juke

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

Putting on weight is a pretty strenuous thing to do. Even more so in my opinion than losing it. A lot of biological factors come into play, and that includes body type. From your measurements I would think you're somewhat of a ectomorph body type, like me. It makes you a "hard gainer" but with a lot of work you can do it.

I want you to first do your own research and see what will work for you. A very inspirational man for me was Anthony Ellis. Google him, and you will see that he started out at literally 95lbs. Now he is an award winning body builder. So you have to get it into your head that he was worse off than you and he still got it done.

Once again I have got to say it, p90x is one of the best programs I've done to date, and I've done a ton of programs. Check it out, and make the investment, you will not be disappointed. Anyway, back on topic.

The key is to eat more then your body burns. So you have to figure out how much your body burns, and eat more than that (google caloric intake). It's really that simple. However, you want to eat lean proteins in order to do that, you don't want to be gaining fat, you want to be gaining muscle. So you have got to weight lift. You should start your first week in sticking to your diet and lifting light weights (you should be struggling at 12-15 repetitions). Then after your first week, you should switch to heavy weight, (keep in mind the first few weeks will be trial and error with dialing in on how much weight you need) you want to be doing 8-10 reps MAX with this weight. This will really push your body.

Also if you're gaining weight, do not do a shit-ton of cardio, do like 5-10 minutes a day before you lift to get your blood pumping, that's it. I hope this helped, let me know if you need more advice.

ALSO, make a note to yourself, that all these things like N.O. Xplode, and MASS BUILDER PILLS EXTREME 200000! don't do shit. The best thing you can possibly buy is protein bars to snack on once during your day (the ones with the lowest sugar/fat/sat.fat), and pure 100% whey protein powder, I've actually found the stuff at wal-mart to be effective (it's called body fortress, it has the lowest sugar of anything from GNC). Creatine is also a good supplement, however, it can potentially be damaging and you really have to watch it with it. I personally do not use creatine simply because there is natural creatine in meat, and man-made creatine does nothing but pump water into your muscles. I'd rather have raw muscle weight then water weight that WILL go away. Stick to protein in my opinion. Creatine is for the meat-heads in highschool who want stupid girls to think they're huge, when they're really not.

If you want to lose fat, gain weight, build muscle, and get ripped just stick to high quality protein, low carbs (don't eliminate them or else you'll feel like shit, just make sure they're good carbs like those in fruits and vegetables),low fat, low sugar, stuff. One off meal a week, and even then still make it something you can use, like a big burger without the bun and fries.

Edited by Juke, 09 June 2009 - 09:44 AM.

Posted Image

#3 pbpilot1025

pbpilot1025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

Putting on weight is a pretty strenuous thing to do. Even more so in my opinion than losing it. A lot of biological factors come into play, and that includes body type. From your measurements I would think you're somewhat of a ectomorph body type, like me. It makes you a "hard gainer" but with a lot of work you can do it.

I want you to first do your own research and see what will work for you. A very inspirational man for me was Anthony Ellis. Google him, and you will see that he started out at literally 95lbs. Now he is an award winning body builder. So you have to get it into your head that he was worse off than you and he still got it done.

Once again I have got to say it, p90x is one of the best programs I've done to date, and I've done a ton of programs. Check it out, and make the investment, you will not be disappointed. Anyway, back on topic.

The key is to eat more then your body burns. So you have to figure out how much your body burns, and eat more than that (google caloric intake). It's really that simple. However, you want to eat lean proteins in order to do that, you don't want to be gaining fat, you want to be gaining muscle. So you have got to weight lift. You should start your first week in sticking to your diet and lifting light weights (you should be struggling at 12-15 repetitions). Then after your first week, you should switch to heavy weight, (keep in mind the first few weeks will be trial and error with dialing in on how much weight you need) you want to be doing 8-10 reps MAX with this weight. This will really push your body.

Also if you're gaining weight, do not do a shit-ton of cardio, do like 5-10 minutes a day before you lift to get your blood pumping, that's it. I hope this helped, let me know if you need more advice.

ALSO, make a note to yourself, that all these things like N.O. Xplode, and MASS BUILDER PILLS EXTREME 200000! don't do shit. The best thing you can possibly buy is protein bars to snack on once during your day (the ones with the lowest sugar/fat/sat.fat), and pure 100% whey protein powder, I've actually found the stuff at wal-mart to be effective (it's called body fortress, it has the lowest sugar of anything from GNC). Creatine is also a good supplement, however, it can potentially be damaging and you really have to watch it with it. I personally do not use creatine simply because there is natural creatine in meat, and man-made creatine does nothing but pump water into your muscles. I'd rather have raw muscle weight then water weight that WILL go away. Stick to protein in my opinion. Creatine is for the meat-heads in highschool who want stupid girls to think they're huge, when they're really not.

If you want to lose fat, gain weight, build muscle, and get ripped just stick to high quality protein, low carbs (don't eliminate them or else you'll feel like shit, just make sure they're good carbs like those in fruits and vegetables),low fat, low sugar, stuff. One off meal a week, and even then still make it something you can use, like a big burger without the bun and fries.

Wow, thanks for the long advice filled response! One last thing, what foods would you recommend for high quality protein that i can eat normally?

Thanks!

#4 Juke

Juke

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:19 AM

Any grilled chicken, salmon, tuna (right out of the can), tilapia, sword fish, kidney beans (sound gross, taste good), lean steak, buffalo burgers, lean ham, lean turkey, top round steaks, black angus burgers, etc...

Stay away from pre-packaged ham and turkey by the way, you wanna get stuff directly from your deli or grocery store deli. Weis grocery stores has their brand of low fat ham/turkey which is phenomenally lean.

Also, remember that these are all bland foods, so you need alternatives to keep things tasting good. Salsa is fantastic to add, no fat no calorie ranch dressing, mustard, etc... You'd be surprised how crap is in our condiments.

Edited by Juke, 09 June 2009 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

#5 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

Rated 1/5 stars on my profile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Here's medically relevant advice: you need carbs.

Because you're hyoglycemic, and glucose comes from carbohydrates (mostly) you should be eating a lot of rice, potatoes, bread, tortillas, cereal, milk, and fruit. If you don't have enough blood glucose, your body will start pulling from your fat and protein for energy, which means no weight gain for you. So keep your carbs handy!

#6 MNpaintball

MNpaintball

Ya Hoser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

yea, make sure when you're taking in calories, you're taking in the good kind
not like 3 Baconators from Wendy's...

Gearbag Sale!!! http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157802

Dangerous Power FX for Sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=157232

~MNpaintball's Feedback~

#7 pbpilot1025

pbpilot1025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

Thanks, good advice... sounds like ill have a yummeh summer. I need to make sure and get a special grocery list for me since everyone else in my household is buying low carb, low calorie foods (they are all on losing weight diets). Ill make a few gallons of my homemade chili (i always use fresh stuff, low fat meats) and plenty of poultry and whatnot. As always, ill stock up on taters, breads, and rice as good simple meal foods.

Thanks abunch guys, this should get me in shape for a paintball filled summer!

#8 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

Rated 1/5 stars on my profile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

Thanks, good advice... sounds like ill have a yummeh summer. I need to make sure and get a special grocery list for me since everyone else in my household is buying low carb, low calorie foods (they are all on losing weight diets). Ill make a few gallons of my homemade chili (i always use fresh stuff, low fat meats) and plenty of poultry and whatnot. As always, ill stock up on taters, breads, and rice as good simple meal foods.

Gallons...of chili? I :wub: you

#9 mtdewfan2009

mtdewfan2009

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

I am now banned

Edited by Kitty, 09 June 2009 - 03:16 PM.

put this in ur sig if u love mt dew after a speedball match

#10 pbpilot1025

pbpilot1025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

Gallons...of chili? I :wub: you

lol, yes, i make my chili in gallons and freeze em for later. Lasts forever, just as good every time :lol:

#11 Juke

Juke

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

As I said before, you need carbs so you don't feel like shit, but getting them from breads that aren't whole grain, or cereals that are infested with sugar you're doing opposite for your body. Good carbs are from fruit, and vegetables. Just clarifying here.

Posted Image

#12 firewalker

firewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

muscle weighs more than fat. if you want your weight to go up than i would suggest putting on some muscle. like juke said, putting weight on is hard. it can litterally wear you out

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users