• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jjmrotc

jjmrotc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:07 PM

alright, so with $450 being the max i wanna spend on a marker - what should i look at. F8's have good reviews but so does everything else. rather not get into used guns even though im sure half of you will tell me they're the way to go, nowhere to try 'em out around here and im not getting a used gun without seeing it. thanks for any help

#2 Will

Will

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:36 AM

The G3 is newer and the same price the F8s used to be, so I guess that means the G3 is better than the F8 seeing as it lowered in price once they released the G3.

Ive seen both, and I would choose the G3 over the F8. Personally I dont like having the bolt exposed like on most poppits, and my friends have had sand scratch the bolt.

Another option is the Mini, it's tried and tested, thousands swear by it, I think the play on the trigger feels cheapybut thats upgradable. Personally, I would probably choose the G3 over the Mini, btu I'd also do some research into other markers in the budget, such as Bob Longs.

eBay is a great place to get awesome deals.
UltraLite PM6
DPC - Dubai Paintball Club
ENPL - Emirates National Paintball League

"Does this cloth smell of Chloroform to you?"

#3 jjmrotc

jjmrotc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

thanks, from what ive read now i think ill definately take the g3 over the f8 and ive been reading a lot on the mini - it seems like people either love them or despise them. then theres the bob long alias which also looks really good to me. i just wish i had a decent pb store around here. thanks for your input

#4 ≡GREY≡

≡GREY≡

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

Basiaclly when it comes down to the G3 and F8 it's personal preference. I like the simplicity of maintaining the F8 and the feel so I went with it.

#5 jjmrotc

jjmrotc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

yeah, i have heard the F8 is easy to maintain, but how does the g3 compare to that, isnt it also easy. i havent actually seen either of these guns in real life. im trying to find a shop around here that carries them. how about the mini, how is it on maintenance and customer service?

#6 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

DP beats Invert with customer service, but you don't really need the customer service on either of the guns, because they're both very easy to maintain. The mini is more day to day work to clean and lube, but there is rarely anything wrong with it. The F8 requires very minimal maintenance, but the solenoid and regs need to be cleaned more often than the mini.

The G3 is alright on maintenance, and is comparable to a matrix, easy to clean and lube. However you have to be careful with the DP regulators, as the regulator seats can break if not maintained proplerly
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#7 WTF Mate

WTF Mate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

Boblongdirect has a "clearance* section where its selling some gen3-4 intimidators for UNDER 450$, i think that would be the way to go if you want a poppet but the G3 would be the way to go if you want a spool, its a pretty awesome gun even though it doesn't have PSP3 but since you're playing woodsball most of the time I think it'll do much to ya. Seriously go check it out, the link is below:

http://www.boblongdi...t...&Itemid=117
Shoot to thrill??? I don't think so.

if ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#8 jjmrotc

jjmrotc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

thanks mate, i didnt know about that clearance section. i guess that adds something else into the mix though. i think i would prefer an intimidator to a DP. but im still not sure about the mini. its just so cool. guess ill do some more research. and i like what hazmats sayin about the solenoid and regs on the mini, i dont like haveing to get in there too often...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users