• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ALPHA-DOG-01

ALPHA-DOG-01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hey everyone. I'm 14 i am 180 pounds and 5' 10-11"? I'm kinda fatty but i can keep up with the most athletic people. I want to step up my game in paintball and become a little healthier, stronger physically, more muscular. I'm currently working out everyother day. I Jog for 10-15 min then for 30-40 mins i work with the weights. I do lots of stretching and things to get my heart going and start up a sweat. My diet aint so healthy but i'm def working on it and ive been wondering about protein drinks. Do you think by doing this i will become what i wanted stated above? Thanks.

By the way don't know if it matters but every saturday ill be starting to do a little of MMA (ultimate fighting/ UFC kind of stuff).
THE~ALPHA~DOG
Proto & Dye Lover!!!!
Member of Budget Ballers clan &
THE BEAST FROM THE EAST
"NEW YORK PAINTBALL CLUB"

#2 Deacon Doom

Deacon Doom

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

all good stuff. the main thing is to stay active and cut out the junk/fast food. increase your fruit/veggies and you will feel better fast. the results take time but don't give up or think of it as a diet, more of a lifestyle change. MMA training is a definate workout so A+ on that as well. I trained Gracie Jiu-Jitsu for 2 years and I felt that was when I felt the most in shape in my life.

#3 HeyHeyHey

HeyHeyHey

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

if you eat fast food...stop. I was never really fat but I couldnt build muscle and then i stopped eating fast food cuz i was getting pimples lol and i was able to get stronger. Apparently sometimes a small layer of fat builds over your muscles and stops them from growing.
Everything you need to play, QUITTING SALE!

http://www.techpb.co...0

#4 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

Rated 1/5 stars on my profile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Ditch jogging if you're doing this for paintball. You need muscle rebound, not muscle endurance. Run your fastest for 60 seconds...then some light jogging for no more than 5 minutes...then repeat. You need at least 30 minutes of a constant increase in heartbeat in order to increase it's strength.

Stop drinking sodas. They are bad for your endurance, they are bad for your weight loss, they are bad for your body.

To gain muscle, it is a good idea to increase your body's protein intake. Shakes aren't necessary if you don't want them, just eat protein-rich foods.

Edited by MrSandwich, 15 June 2009 - 11:24 AM.

#5 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

If you want to be healthy you have to have a healthy diet. Also you might want to do 10 minutes of wind sprints then jog for 20 if you want to loose more fat and that will help with cardio more. If your already working out just don't over do it and give yourself a break and work out arms one day then break the next then abdominals one day then break day then leg then break the next. It gives your body enough time to recover. Also there is no problem with protein shakes just work out real good then take them but if you don't workout and take it it will do no good and just make you fat.

#6 phat

phat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

fast for like a weekend.
i know it may sounds nuts but if you stick to a liquid fast (nothing but liquids(soups and drinks and the like)) it actually makes you feel a lot better.
your body won't have to focus on digesting food so it works more on cleansing your body and stregthening your immune system and such.
i don't know about working out while doing this cause your body won't have as much nutrients so if you do try it i'd lay off the pumping iron.

it's just a suggestion but what's to lose?

#7 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

fast for like a weekend.
i know it may sounds nuts but if you stick to a liquid fast (nothing but liquids(soups and drinks and the like)) it actually makes you feel a lot better.
your body won't have to focus on digesting food so it works more on cleansing your body and stregthening your immune system and such.
i don't know about working out while doing this cause your body won't have as much nutrients so if you do try it i'd lay off the pumping iron.

I'm not attacking you, but if you post something like that, I want to see references.

#8 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

fast for like a weekend.

Ok id like to see someone only be on liquids then do sprints, jog, and workout. You would throw up! This happend to me during wrestling; I had nothing but liquids for a couple days so i could make weight for a big tournament. Well in the 2nd period my stomach went to shit and it hurt so bad. I ended up pinning the kid but after i had to go to the bathroom and threw up not to mention the water shits you get after a couple days of having nothing but liquids.

#9 ALPHA-DOG-01

ALPHA-DOG-01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

This isn't just for paintball but for well everything. I'm getting into a MMA a little so i want to be kinda fit and healthier going in to it. Remember nothing extreme, i'm only 14. Also, when should i drink protein shakes/drinks (sorry i like the shakes better lol), like what time of the day?
THE~ALPHA~DOG
Proto & Dye Lover!!!!
Member of Budget Ballers clan &
THE BEAST FROM THE EAST
"NEW YORK PAINTBALL CLUB"

#10 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

This isn't just for paintball but for well everything. I'm getting into a MMA a little so i want to be kinda fit and healthier going in to it. Remember nothing extreme, i'm only 14. Also, when should i drink protein shakes/drinks (sorry i like the shakes better lol), like what time of the day?

After a work out. Preferably before bed.

#11 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

just watch out the first few will make you shit allot or that may just be me lol.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users