6 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

I did this a while back but wasn't too pleased with the pics and was hoping someone else would have a better version. So if the pics are a bit bad, I apologize because I don't have that great of a camera. Anywho, here we go!

Posted Image

First thing you need to do is organize your workspace. Get a non-stick pad, paper towels, Tiberius Arms manual, Tiberius Arms gun (T8/T9), metric allen keys, and aluminum polish (I used Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish) and assorted sandpapers (400, 800, and 2000 grit not pictured). Fine grit sandpaper works faster than other methods and is just as reliable. If its good enough for woodworkers, it's good enough for aluminum and steel. You can find all the sandpapers and aluminum polish at your local automotive store.

Posted Image

Push in on the end of the barrel (#6) and turn counterclockwise to removal the barrel.

Posted Image

With the barrel removed, slide the firing bolt spring (#13) over the barrel nubbins (#16) and out of the slot. Don't try and pull it straight up otherwise you could damage the spring.

Posted Image

Using the 3/32 allen key, remove the front (#8) and rear (#9) handle screws.

Posted Image
Posted Image

While holding the safety bushing (#4) near the trigger, unscrew the safety screw (#10).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now using the 3/32 allen key, push on the trigger pin (#12) from the side of the handle until it pushes through the opposite side.

Posted Image

Take front and rear handle screws, safety bushing, safety spring (#15), safety (#3), and safety screw and put on piece of paper to prevent losing parts. The white paper towel creates a nice contrast with the Tiberius parts.

To remove gun body assembly (#5), rotate counterclockwise until side with regulator lifts up and out of handle assembly (#1). Raise end of barrel upward, push opposite end towards regulator to dislodge from handle assembly, and then lift up. This allows the push rod (#6) to become free of the handle assembly.

Place handle assembly to the side.

Posted Image

Using 3/32 allen key, remove regulator body screw (#10) from the trigger assembly (#3) and place on paper towel with other parts. Don't forget about the regulator body screw washer (#13), either.

#2 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image

Take a 7/64 allen key and remove the end cap screws (#8 or #9) and place with other parts on paper towel.

Posted Image

Next, remove the engine and firing bolt assemblies (#1) and slide the firing bolt (#7) off of the air chamber (#5).

Posted Image

Remove the air chamber shock absorber (#1) and set aside with rest of loose parts. You don't need to remove the air chamber as shown in the picture; you can leave it attached to the end cap (#2).

Posted Image

Now apply an aluminum polish as a lubricant to the air chamber.

Posted Image

Rip some 400 grit sandpaper and wrap it around the air chamber in the direction of turning. This creates a tightening effect on the chamber and helps provide an even sanding surface. Wipe off used polish, reapply, and repeat with 800 grit sandpaper and finish with 2000 grit sandpaper.

Posted Image

This should look similar to your end result.

Posted Image

For the firing bolt, take a strip of 400 grit sandpaper and stick it into the firing bolt. Once bottomed out, tear off about an inch past the end of the firing bolt. This gives you proper gripping surface area and polishes deep enough. Dip ends of sandpaper into polish and twist inside of the firing bolt so that sandpaper wants to unravel inside the bolt. This will provide proper sanding surface area. Repeat with 800 and 2000 grit sandpaper as air chamber.

Posted Image

Lastly, taking a new piece of sandpaper, wrap it tightly so that the sandpaper faces inward and can wrap around the firing pin (#8). This part slides inside the air chamber and makes a seal with the o-ring and is also the part that air hits and drives the bolt forward. So making this part smooth is very important. Stick the sandpaper around the pin and turn in a direction so that it starts to unwrap. As soon as the pin is able to slide into the sandpaper, slide the sandpaper as far as you can go and rotate in opposite direction so that the paper begins to tighten on the pin. Rotate repeatedly and with higher grits of sandpaper each time.

You don't need to sand inside the air chamber since the air chamber cap o-ring (#11) is the only part touching the firing bolt in there. You also don't need to sand the outside of the firing bolt because it doesn't create a seal on the barrel and the spring sits outside of it anyway.

Posted Image

Wipe everything down with paper towels, wash in soapy water, and dry with paper towels. Put air chamber shock absorber back onto the air chamber and oil the air chamber outer surface. Slide the firing bolt onto the air chamber. MAKE SURE TO LEAVE ABOUT 1/2" FROM BOTTOMING OUT. This will prevent the gun from not firing.

Screw the end cap screw onto the gun body. Screw the regulator body screw back, with washer, back into place.

Place the safety bushing the hole in the handle assembly first. Next, put the the safety onto the bushing with safety spring on top and hold with fingers.

Slide the trigger into the handle assembly. Now, twist the gun body counterclockwise until push rod is angled enough to slide into the handle assembly. Push the gun body downward and finally rotate clockwise until regulator and gun body snaps into position.

Screw in safety screw, followed by the front and rear handle screws. ONLY SNUG SCREWS! Over-tightening screws can cause the handle assembly to split. Push trigger pin in by hand. Finish pushing in with large allen key until flush with handle assembly.

Slide firing bolt spring all the way. Finish with sliding barrel in with open slot facing downward all the way and then twisting clockwise.

Finalize with test firing gun.

Congratulations, you have now increased your Tiberius Arm's efficiency!

EDIT: Here's a quick video on how to do the polish job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBn_KHLZKWA

Edited by Lord Odin, 10 May 2010 - 11:19 PM.

#3 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

Wow! this seems easy now! thanks man!
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#4 Deadly Milkman

Deadly Milkman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:32 AM

Will be doing this when I get my T9, thanks!

#5 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Thread updated with YouTube video.

#6 macloacas

macloacas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Is the bolt polish internal mod recommended for the T8.1 and T9.1?

Thanks.

#7 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone ever tried to polish the regulators internals?

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)