Photo

first pump gun?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: which is better (52 member(s) have cast votes)

which is better

1. azodin kaos (17 votes [32.69%])

Percentage of vote: 32.69%

2. cci phantom (35 votes [67.31%])

Percentage of vote: 67.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 urlastbreath

urlastbreath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

i want to get into pump and i am interested in the azodin kaos pump and the cci phantom. i want a gun around $200 so if you guys have any suggestionns please post

Edited by urlastbreath, 15 June 2009 - 07:20 PM.

Young Gunz Club
So Cal Paintball Club #12

98% of ballers wipe, If your part of the 2% that has some honor add this to your sig

#2 urlastbreath

urlastbreath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

no, i havent played pump before
Young Gunz Club

98% of ballers wipe, If your part of the 2% that has some honor add this to your sig

#3 Tribs

Tribs

Applejack forevaaaaa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

I jumped straight into stock class, even when I was feeling like I didn't like paintball anymore. Good thing I stuck with both. If you do have an option of trying out a pump gun, do it. Otherwise, take the few hundred dollar risk. If you don't like it, sell the gun to me.

#4 urlastbreath

urlastbreath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

ok i will see if i could use one at my local field but i heard that phantoms have good re-sale value
Young Gunz Club

#5 Tribs

Tribs

Applejack forevaaaaa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

ok i will see if i could use one at my local field but i heard that phantoms have good re-sale value

Because Phantoms don't go out of style. ;)

I would be surprised if your field didn't have a pump lying around somewhere. The ones at the field I used to play at were nasty and didn't even work. Makes me cry to think about.

Edited by Tribs, 15 June 2009 - 07:41 PM.

#6 Lewthor

Lewthor

Pumpmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

Phantoms do have good resale value and they are wonderful markers besides. Can't go wrong with a phantom.
LEWTHOR

#7 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

the numbers say it all... at the time i posted this it's Azodin 0-10 Phantom.

Phantoms are very easy to clean and maintain, have great customer service, are durable quiet easy to use guns. I love them and swear by um phantom is the way to go IMHO

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#8 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

theres alot of azodin hate going around,
but i think you would be much happier with a phantom.

whenever people say "KP" when their talking about the kaos pump, i think of the old school sheridan wood stocked rifles.
those were awsomee.
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#9 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Thats why your starting to see people say AKP (Azodin Kaos Pump)

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!

-Brett

#10 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

IMO the phantom is good for stock class, but for open class, the tiny phantom looks awkward with a hopper and tank.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#11 Lewthor

Lewthor

Pumpmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

IMO the phantom is good for stock class, but for open class, the tiny phantom looks awkward with a hopper and tank.

You voted for the AKP didn't you...you broke the undefeated streak! You are banished.
LEWTHOR

#12 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

You voted for the AKP didn't you...you broke the undefeated streak! You are banished.

lul
I didn't vote at all.....would ya like me to? :D

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#13 urlastbreath

urlastbreath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

thanks for all of your help :)
Young Gunz Club

#14 ariesgn999

ariesgn999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:43 AM

phantom ftw

#15 Warbeast

Warbeast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:06 AM

asu r budget is 200,
i would say kaos

if u had more budget, i would say phantom (get nice if u have enough money to buy the right things)

-Playing Pump ain't Oldschool, playing Pump is Paintball-
-Wer lang hat, kann lang hängen lassen-

- Traveled 13.970km to Living Legends2 -

- wiggle it, that would help -

- AT Pump Speedking -

#16 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

Who cares about looks? It's all about performance, and preferred feel. I am so sick of people saying that the phantom isn't a good open class marker, because they are. They are still light (relative to other OC) They are quiet, reliable guns that the pump stroke isn't bad on stock, plus with a UC kit the pump stroke is amazing and 100% good enough to be used for OC. If it wasn't you wouldn't see the picture below
Posted Image

Regardless the fact his is a stock class body, that just proves the pump stroke would be even better for open class... With the right set up, phantoms can be amazing open class markers
Posted Image
throw an under cocking kit on that and you've got a perfectly good open class gun

and if you want to use a bulk tank you can run something like this
Posted Image

There are all kinds of options, check the PHOG they have even more that may be more to your likes, but all of these will be amazing OC pumps
Posted Image

Edited by The-Phantom, 16 June 2009 - 05:42 PM.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#17 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,586 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

well, if you're talking $200 - then you don't really have the phantom as an option. you can get an open-class back bottle phantom for that price - but at that point you might as well get a Trracer for $50.

Bump that total up to $250-$300 then you can include a nicely set up open class phantom.

#18 Lewthor

Lewthor

Pumpmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:10 AM

Oh gawd no....that pic of the phantom shooter you posted is Bawl. He won't ever stop gloating now and I'll have to hear about it every week. *sigh* It is a cool pic tho :P
LEWTHOR

#19 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

well, if you're talking $200 - then you don't really have the phantom as an option. you can get an open-class back bottle phantom for that price - but at that point you might as well get a Trracer for $50.

Bump that total up to $250-$300 then you can include a nicely set up open class phantom.

Thought i was posting in that pump gun for under 300 thread LOL, i was more trying to make the point that phantoms CAN be phenomenal open class markers

and sorry lewthor, but it was in the pump action pics thread and i was only using it for the fact he was pumping with 1 finger

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#20 Bawl

Bawl

The Kanri Fairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Oh gawd no....that pic of the phantom shooter you posted is Bawl. He won't ever stop gloating now and I'll have to hear about it every week. *sigh* It is a cool pic tho :P

HELL YEAHHHH WOOO lol :wub:

Etek owners group Vice president
Karnivor pro edition

I drive a Miata...nohomo.

#21 urlastbreath

urlastbreath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

can i buy a stock class phantom then upgrade it so it has a bulk tank a uc kit and a pocket hopper or do i have to buy one with all of that already built in

Edited by urlastbreath, 16 June 2009 - 07:35 PM.

Young Gunz Club

#22 Lewthor

Lewthor

Pumpmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

Yes you can. Every part of the phantom is replaceable with something else. You can set it up many many ways and change it around easily once you have all the parts.
LEWTHOR

#23 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

WARNING RANT [relativity short one]
I am sick of people bitching "phantoms pump strokes are not fast or smooth enough. IT IS A FUCKING PUMP GUN. If you want to play open class and shoot fast get a mech semi. Pumps are meant to slow. A sniper with a AT and a CCM pump kit can be as fast or a little slower that a mech cocker. I play stock class and open class with my phantom. Stock class for speedball and open class for woodsball.
i am done.
If you get tunnel vision, you will be shot. If you focus on a single lane, you will be shot. If you stay still, you will be shot. If you waste paint on a guy dug into a bunker, you will be shot. If you stick out too long, you will be shot. If you give them a foot, you will be shot. If you stick your head out in the same place three times on rhythm, you will be shot.-Bryce Larson
My Youtube Channel: Shadowsniper11
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING A PUMP GUN TEAM IN DELAWARE CONTACT ME!!

#24 coryhupfer

coryhupfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

get a cocker pump maby a lightning?

#25 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hopefully a mod doesn't come in here and rape me.
If you get tunnel vision, you will be shot. If you focus on a single lane, you will be shot. If you stay still, you will be shot. If you waste paint on a guy dug into a bunker, you will be shot. If you stick out too long, you will be shot. If you give them a foot, you will be shot. If you stick your head out in the same place three times on rhythm, you will be shot.-Bryce Larson

#26 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

who cares the worst you'll get is a slap on the wrist 10% warn level, it's a joke... you won't even get one for that

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#27 Lewthor

Lewthor

Pumpmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

I agree it is kind of annoying to be told your marker is only good for one thing when you know it's not. If I didn't already have a sniper I would totally buy a Phantom and use it for both OC and SC, I'd probably leave it Modified SC all the time actually. I rarely shoot more then 20 rounds a game and the SC feed I love. I do like a 3.5oz more then 12ies but eitherway I dig it. The phantom is very versatile and reliable.
LEWTHOR

#28 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

yeah i don't usually play TRUE stock class i play modified. Stock class 15rds and a bottomline with a 68/4500 [i know it is big but that is what i used when i played semi and to me phantoms are to light so it works for me [and if you don't like the big bottle KISS MY ASS].

#29 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

Lol i play modified with the 10 rnd tube rockin the ol 68 45k
only its on my sniper so whateverrrr.

i dont actualy own a phantom, but i have a trracer... close enough :)
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#30 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,586 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

Why exactly would we rape you?

And on the topic of the OP - again, yes, a phantom can be set up for open class - bottom line and all, but with a 45 grip, a bottom line setup etc you're looking at a $300+ gun.

#31 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

And on the topic of the OP - again, yes, a phantom can be set up for open class - bottom line and all, but with a 45 grip, a bottom line setup etc you're looking at a $300+ gun.

I have not been on here in a while and guess i am used to PBn shit. and i forgot how Cockerpunk and maybe Bryce were the most laid back mod ever

Yeah mine was close to 345 but i got a stock class body and a center feed+an acid wash ano

Edited by shadowsniper11, 16 June 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#32 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

According to Promethean, I have successfully done CockerPunk

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, they are. They don't do anything. they're just there kinda helpin' out, but not much...

QUOTE (Cubeman @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

I am now Dr. Jesus-in-a-can for I have Fixed my '95 Autococker
Palmers Pursuit Shop Pump guns For life!

#33 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

CP and bryce are awesome mods, they let a lot of petty stuff go but if there is just ridiculous repetitive BS they step in... i like um the one word i'd say for them is they are reasonable, actually 2 words "very reasonable" with there requests and warnings etc the place is run well.

Then there is Tenacious who comes in and closes threads left and right :P im JK, it just seems like his threads he closes are totally random that he hasn't posted in and BAM, closed lol... closed for good reason though, like this one may be because i feel it's going to become a rate that mod discussion board, so back on topic?

for under 200, both are great guns and will do what ever you want them to do, some upgrades will make the guns feel better to you if you so please to put them on your gun, personally i prefer a phantom, but to each his own

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#34 Sinisterways90

Sinisterways90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Someone mentioned the resale earlier, and i'm sure you will get a higher resale out of a phantom than you will for an AKP. So if it turns out you don't like pump, you can get more of your money back

#35 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

Shhhh its his fantasy :lol:

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#36 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

lol i will kill u

#37 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

lol i will kill u

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#38 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

lol i will kill u

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

That is the funniest conversation I have ever heard in my entire life im laughing my lungs out right now just ask the phantom. Any conversation that involves moderator rape, beavers, and polar bears is just plain hilarious.

#39 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

Have fun trying to find polar bears to attack me. Beavers really?? i hunt brown bears really??

#40 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image
thought i'd post these up for the greater good
Posted Image
but our secret weapon vs the canadian army
Posted Image

Edited by The-Phantom, 18 June 2009 - 09:42 AM.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#41 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

Posted Image

Fuck this shit
lol

#42 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#43 bampaintball1

bampaintball1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

if your field sells used guns they normally will let you use them for a game or two so that you can test them. Do that to see if you like pump
Posted by MrSandwich-"I read somewhere that if I took a pill my thingamahooey would double in size but, alas, you can't believe everything you read. Gatorade doesn't dehydrate you." 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users