• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 M_Butler_67

M_Butler_67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

I just want to emphasize to people how important hydration is, particularly in paintball. When you're completely geared up and in the heat of the summer it is very easy to get dehydrated. I was out playing this last sunday and i had a very rare case where i didn't drink enough water. I normally do but i didn't this weekend for some reason. Ended up getting in the car and it hit me. I was dehydrated. Dissy, feeling sick to my stomach, I felt like i was going to pass out and had to stop driving for a short bit. SO PLEASE!! make sure you have plenty of water when you go play paintball. Hell, when you do ANYTHING with physical activity. Stay Hydrated!!

#2 Tribs

Tribs

Turn down for sleep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

Ug, I was playing a scenario one time, and decided to go without my hydration pack for a couple of inserts to increase my mobility. I felt like crap by the time I got out the first time. Hydration is second to masks for games that are far away from a staging area or games that are long. The first sign that I was dehydrated was dry mouth and lips. I hate seeing people out playing that don't have any source of water on the field. Don't know how they can do that to themselves.

#3 **armor**

**armor**

Reads more than he paintballs.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

Drink when you are not thirsty. When you get thirsty, it means your body is short on the vital fluids that it needs. Heatstroke is not fun, so don't try to he-woman it and not drink all day.

#4 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

I'm tired of hearing the word "hydration" after OK D-Day. :lol: You only heard it 85739485739547984 times a day.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#5 Oblivion

Oblivion

Waffles. Mhm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

*ahem* One time at football camp... ^_^

Posted Image

#6 Tribs

Tribs

Turn down for sleep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

I'm tired of hearing the word "hydration" after OK D-Day. :lol: You only heard it 85739485739547984 times a day.

You'd think people would learn, eh?

#7 Tribs

Tribs

Turn down for sleep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

I had to take a hydration test for wrestling it sucked so bad. I had to drink so much water for 3 weeks and i barely passed.

That sounds unhealthy, what exactly was it for? I know wrestling, but I don't know why they would require you to drink a lot of water.

#8 M_Butler_67

M_Butler_67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

I had to take a hydration test for wrestling it sucked so bad. I had to drink so much water for 3 weeks and i barely passed.

That sounds unhealthy, what exactly was it for? I know wrestling, but I don't know why they would require you to drink a lot of water.

In wrestling sometimes people starve themselves or go without water to make their specified weight and they have to take hydration tests to make sure they aren't doing that. Wrestling is a very intense sport and my friends who wrestled would go days without eating. Very, very unhealthy

#9 Kodiak

Kodiak

Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Drink until you pee clear, then drink to maintain that.

This military publication is the best that I've read on staying hydrated. The good stuff starts on page 13.

Their site has other good downloads too. http://www.usariem.a...l/downloads.htm

Edited by Kodiak, 16 June 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#10 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

In wrestling sometimes people starve themselves or go without water to make their specified weight and they have to take hydration tests to make sure they aren't doing that. Wrestling is a very intense sport and my friends who wrestled would go days without eating. Very, very unhealthy

yupp that pretty much sums it up. The worst hour of my life. There was only one bathroom one at a time and there was around 30 of us plus some people can't pee under pressure. I almost pissed myself waiting haha.

#11 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

They probably got tired of hauling people's asses to the medical tent or whatever...

-Tenacious

First game one of my CO's took six people out of the game.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#12 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

Rated 1/5 stars on my profile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

Quick-and-Dirty test to see if you're dehydrated:

Pinch the skin on the lump of muscle between your thumb and index finger. Pull it up, let it go. If it snaps right back into place, you're good. If it lags a bit...guess what! You need water.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users