tippmann
Phantom Owners Group.

#3 Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

tippmann. i have both, and the spyder sucks.

yeah... the captain plays too : )

#4 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:28 AM

Tippmann all the way, unless you are talking about the newer spyders, which kick ass.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#5 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Plain Fugly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

spyders and tippmanns both suck

/thread

#6 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

I fail to see the logic in your above post Juggernaut...mind explaining?
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

#7 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:47 AM

ya, I figured he really didn't have a great reason to back it up. I like them both, but Spyders more because they're more customizeable, and I just LOVE the VS/RS series :D.

Tippmanns are cool, just not my cup of tea

#8 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Plain Fugly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:03 AM

I fail to see the logic in your above post Juggernaut...mind explaining?

theres a logic in every post i make. you just need to look beyond the text and into the abyss of philosophical grandeur little gdddddrasshoppa.

threads like this can go on for months(if not years) with no agreement by either side of the aisle therefore in the end, they both suck.

we may as well add the ion to the roster and make it a menage de troi type till your fingers bleed stalemate of redundancy.

did you learn anything today my friend? ;)

#9 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

theres a logic in every post i make. you just need to look beyond the text and into the abyss of philosophical grandeur little gdddddrasshoppa.

threads like this can go on for months(if not years) with no agreement by either side of the aisle therefore in the end, they both suck.

we may as well add the ion to the roster and make it a menage de troi type till your fingers bleed stalemate of redundancy.

did you learn anything today my friend? ;)

You know what, I did learn something...It's that everyone has their own opinions, and that I should respect everyones, and keep mine strong :). I see your points though, good points :)

#10 TheDarkShadow

TheDarkShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

spyder (obviously) ftw

my first home: www.spyder.tv/forums

Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.

#11 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

He does have a point this is just going to show which is more popular on this specific forum it really won't accomplish anything important, but since this will continue reguardless I'll say Tippmann.

#12 PaintballMontage

PaintballMontage

[Insert Intelligent/Hilarious Sentence Here]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

That's like asking: "Hey, do you want to have a paintball gun that breaks in a few weeks or do you want a paintball gun that lasts a year?" Tippmann for sure...
Posted Image

#13 xmodfreak2011

xmodfreak2011

PAINTBALL IS LIFE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

Depends. Spyder for speedball. Tippmann for everything else.

Rah Virginia Mil

Virginia Military Institute Paintball Club ACIC

Posted Image

#14 invertfan12345

invertfan12345

^^^^^THATS YOU^^^^^^

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

tippman only for the flatline =]

Check Out Laburton's Sig Making In The Off-Topic Chatter
My Setup...Dye C7 Pants And Jersey. Smart Parts Vibe. Upgraded Tlock Feedneck. Yellow Empire Events. Guerilla Air 68/45. Mantis Gear 5+4.

#15 TheDarkShadow

TheDarkShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

That's like asking: "Hey, do you want to have a paintball gun that breaks in a few weeks or do you want a paintball gun that lasts a year?" Tippmann for sure...

my spyder has never let me down

my first home: www.spyder.tv/forums

Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.

#16 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

tippmans much more reliable and durable

#17 Pompi

Pompi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

the new spyders seem pretty good and reliable but you cant really ask this , be more specific say a tippman 98 custom pro vs a spyder vs2 that would be something specific but asking this will be as long as asking which is better dye or planet eclispe which we would take years arguing about

#18 Timmy

Timmy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

Its hard to say, because if anything goes wrong with a spyder, its a simple 5 minuite fix, but on a tippmann, if something goes wrong on it, it takes alot longer to fix.

but for performance, defenetly tippmann
If you are under 18 and your parents have no idea you are involved in paintball, yet you have had 10+ guns. put this in your sig.
If you think pumps shouldnt have to mercy people, put this in your sig.
If you think Rap is for posers and wanna bees, put this in your sig.
if your under 18 and pay for your own gear, put this in ur sigPosted Image

#19 mikeb

mikeb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

spyder ftw

This is my Marker. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Marker is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Marker, without me, is useless. Without my Marker, I am useless.I must fire my Marker true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to hit me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will.

Posted Image

#20 tothy

tothy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

I'll always love me 05 pilot :P

Spyder all the way, still play speedball every now and then wit it and absolutely 0 maintenance! it's perfect! hahahaha

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#21 Amadour

Amadour

EGOtistical

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

spyder fa sho

Termites eat wood twice as fast when listening to heavy metal music
97% of all dollar bills in the U.S contains traces of cocaine
2,500 newborn babies will be dropped in the next month
i hope you enjoyed some fun facts for the day

#22 kaz11224

kaz11224

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

you can run a car over a tippmann and it wont break
try doing that with a spyder

#23 CanuckMercenary

CanuckMercenary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

spyder for speedball Tippman for woodsball, but both are good starter guns. Spyders are easier to maintain and fix when tippmans are not. The tippmans have better preformance though, especially with flatline.

#24 hockeyfan269

hockeyfan269

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

I have an a5 and a spyder victor 2.

The spyder is horriable. I've had it for 2 years barely used, and the FPS is clocked at like 178 TOP.
That's like throwing the paint...

#25 chaldy

chaldy

Damn son

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

i was gonna make this thread, i looked to see if someone already did and here i am, haha

but il have to go with spyder, tippmann is pretty close though, but it depends on what gun for both
46% of teens engage in pre-marital sex. 89% drink before the age of 21. Put this in your sig if you think that pandas are the chillest animal alive

Angel Owners Club

#26 stavey22

stavey22

pimp of the nation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

tippmann made tougher last longer also a faster gun stock than spyders. spyders are lighter but 98c or A5 will be much more reliable in a long senario game if your playing and say its raining and u dont want to risk ur board on ur electro or just want to play with a more hard core looking and modable plus the flatline barrel is a great addition to the gun
98% percent of ballers wipe, If your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor, add this to your sig.
Together be stand. Divided we ball

#27 MDAS

MDAS

Snake player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

ya, I figured he really didn't have a great reason to back it up. I like them both, but Spyders more because they're more customizeable, and I just LOVE the VS/RS series :D .

Tippmanns are cool, just not my cup of tea

spyders will always look like spyders, so their not that customizeable. On the other hand, you can upgrade a tippmann so much (mostly visual upgrades), it wont even look like the one you bought to begin with.

#28 MDAS

MDAS

Snake player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

Tippmanns are durable markers, but seriously, almost anyone I know ends up selling it to buy a different marker for speedball. So...

1.- If you buy tippmann, buy used (a lot cheaper, and because it lasts forever, you wont have any problems)

2.- If you buy tippmann, dont buy all kinds of upgrades if you are not sure how long are you going to play woodsball, cause if you sell it, you wont have back even half of the money you spent on it

3.- If you decide to buy a spyder, you can go to wallmart, they are a lot cheaper there (and so will your resale value)

#29 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

I have...

A5 w/RT and No Cyclone (put together an Elbow Feed for it) and that I later modded into an AK47 by using Tacamo Parts, its big and heavy, but thats what a Sling is for.

Alpha Black Tactical, its lighter than my A5 and its the replacement for the 98 I once had and loved.

I also have a Spyder MR1 with an upgraded E-trigger, Air-Thru Mag and the Warp Feed, its much lighter and easier to maintain than my AKA5 and ABT.

Im leaning towards the MR1 more than the two Tippmanns I have and thats because, like I said, the MR1 is Lighter to hold & carry and Easier to Maintain.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users