Photo

Ask all the questions you want, and don't be sorry!

• Please log in to reply
892 replies to this topic

#601 Rocket36

Rocket36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

In a speed ball(airball) game, what do I do with spent pods? Do I put them back in the belt or throw them off to the side and collect them later??

#602 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

In a speed ball(airball) game, what do I do with spent pods? Do I put them back in the belt or throw them off to the side and collect them later??

Its far faster to throw them to the sideline or drop them at your feet, in woodsball you have time to put them back in your podpack since the encounters are at longer distance and the games are longer, this is the opposite with speedball.

Marking what pods are yours with stickers or marker pens helps incase a few pods are in the same place you can know whats yours.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#603 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Its far faster to throw them to the sideline or drop them at your feet, in woodsball you have time to put them back in your podpack since the encounters are at longer distance and the games are longer, this is the opposite with speedball.

Marking what pods are yours with stickers or marker pens helps incase a few pods are in the same place you can know whats yours.

this^^^^^ or just use pods that nobody else uses

#604 invertmini11

invertmini11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Should I get an on off asa for my mini?

#605 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Yes I do recommend one actually. The Empire relay on/off asa is the best but you can always use triflow to make the loosening of the HPA bottle a bit easier.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#606 invertmini11

invertmini11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

sameagol26
Yesterday, 10:55 PM
invertmini11, on 06 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Yes I do recommend one actually. The Empire relay on/off asa is the best but you can always use triflow to make the loosening of the HPA bottle a bit easier.

Thanks a lot

#607 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

sameagol26
Yesterday, 10:55 PM
invertmini11, on 06 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Thanks a lot

Pro-tip: hit the reply button to quote somebody. Makes your life a lot easier :tup:

#608 jpollard97

jpollard97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

How old do you have to be to go into tournaments

#609 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

It depends on the tournaments, you'd have to find the rule book for the tournament you want and look it up. Some tournaments might be 13, some might be 18, it just depends on which one specifically.

#610 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

What is Psyco Clown Possey? The name is agg as hell :D

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#611 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

never heard of it...

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#612 Mzee

Mzee

Paintball Magnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

What is Psyco Clown Possey? The name is agg as hell :D

Psycho Clown Posse is a paintball team. They are a fun bunch. They play all sorts of different paintball. I played in a scenario with them one time. They certainly don't blend into the milsim crowd... They are easy to spot ... but you never know what to expect ...

Edited by Mzee, 28 March 2012 - 03:28 PM.

Er du tokig? >B-D

#613 ironwinter paintball

ironwinter paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

ok so i got a autococker from a friend but i don't now what kind it is. How can i find out? And for some reason it won't work and i don't know why but it is leaking air from the front hoses i think.

#614 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

best way to tell what kind of cocker it is
post up a pic for us to see
post 2 of them
1 of the gun itself, the other of the serial number on the right side fo the gun towards the front

you may have a dry-rotted hose on your "Front Block"
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#615 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

My friends Tippmann 98 started blowing gas down the barrel when we were playing last weekend. Upon dissasembly I noticed that the O-ring on the valve piston was sticking out of the valve housing. The marker has a two piece body and the plastic power tube was bolted to the body. The valve appears to be nonserviceable. Is this the case and how can I get it serviced/ replaced?

Also the hole in the powertube that the Tombstone is located in seems to have worn (it is now an oval). Is this a problem?

Thank you

#616 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Sniper barrels, are they worth the investment?

#617 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Absolutely not, they have the same accuracy and range as any other barrel.

#618 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

No I cant find you the link (im in school) however look at the Punkworks section of the forum. After 14in. extra barrel length decreases efficency consistency and accuracy. The "sniper" barrel is over hyped because those getting into the sport apply what they know about firearms to paintball markers (longer barrel more accurate). I made the mistake of buying one when I started for $40. I keep it to remind me to do my research from now on. :(

#619 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thanks :) I kind of figured as much but knowing for sure I did not.

Also the 14 inch proto barrels going at .690 bore seem to be common. Can't seem to find any real 14 inch .691 or higher.

#620 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

What marker are you buying this barrel for?

#621 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Right now, just for a Gryphon Tippmann as I just do not like the look of the standard barrel.

#622 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Complete waste of time, the idea with a new barrel is that you can underbore, which increases how many shots you can get off a tank by 7%. On a Gryphon, that would only mean a handful of paint would be saved.

#623 xxFischerxx

xxFischerxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

like shop compressors does water vapor get into hpa tanks and have to be drained out to prevent rust or do the field compressors remove all the water? or does the metal just not rust?
"Nobody likes a know it all who sits around talking about their genitalia."

#624 vinti6674

vinti6674

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm looking to buy an autococker sr. guy wants 80 bucks for. Sounds like a good deal right? So I went to go look.
The board is really dim, and hard to see the display.
Gased up the marker, loaded it, but the paint barely made it out the barrel.
Besides the bolt being upside down, what would cause the gun to shoot slow like that?
low pressure in the reg? LPR too high or too low?
And lastly if the eyes are broken, can they be replaced with anything currently on the market?

Hard questions. Want to know if the gun is even remotely fixable and if its worth it.

#625 owenator

owenator

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I'm looking to buy an autococker sr. guy wants 80 bucks for. Sounds like a good deal right? So I went to go look.
Besides the bolt being upside down, what would cause the gun to shoot slow like that?
And lastly if the eyes are broken, can they be replaced with anything currently on the market?

Hard questions. Want to know if the gun is even remotely fixable and if its worth it.

low battery? and yah, its not a bad price
SLIPPERY WEASEL

Wolfwood "but really, when you get older, one of the best things in life is a really good shit. Makes life worth living."

#626 vinti6674

vinti6674

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

low battery? and yah, its not a bad price

low battery? maybe for the board light. But not for the low velocity. At least I don't think so. I'm good with mechanical autocockers not the elctros though.
I just don't want to inherit an unfixable gun. Any body else deal with this gun?

#627 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,947 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

The SR is still a cocker at heart, so it uses a spring driven hammer. The battery might affect cocking by increasing latency in the solenoid if it was low, but if it cycles fine, then it's probably not the battery. Either the reg or IVG is probably too low.

Basically, it's just like a mech cocker, the only difference is the 3-way is replaced by a solenoid, and the mech sear is replaced by a pancake solenoid to electronically trip it. Other than that, general cocker knowledge still applies to it's basic function. The things that might make a mech cocker shoot low would apply to the SR.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 09 April 2012 - 12:52 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#628 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

like shop compressors does water vapor get into hpa tanks and have to be drained out to prevent rust or do the field compressors remove all the water? or does the metal just not rust?

Are you using a carbon fiber or steelie tank?

#629 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Depends on the compressor. A good compressor system will have a series of filters to remove moisture (usually through a desiccant) and particulate (an oil filter, I believe). Not every place that fills tanks will have this, but they should, and most do (though how clean and effective the filters are is another question altogether). However, some moisture or particulate will get into your tank at some point. If it's a very small amount, it might make it through the regulator on the tank and into your marker. It is also possible that it will get caught in the tank reg, and the most common result is a blown burst disk.

I'm not an airsmith, and I don't have that much experience with compressed air tanks, so I can't answer your question about moisture in the tank causing rust/damage. On the one hand, basic chemistry dictates that water facilitates the oxidization of iron, which is the primary component in steel. On the other hand, if a small amount of moisture in an HPA tank caused real rust issues, would any tank ever pass a hydro test? I'm just not sure. Bottom line, I've not seen a rotted-from-the-inside HPA tank in my life. From the outside, yes, not from the inside.
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#630 pariah

pariah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

hey, i just bought a used tank from a "friend of a friend" i noticed some knicks on the bottom and i was wondering who i could have check it out? i dont want to try to fill it until i know its safe.

#631 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Is it a carbon fiber tank, or all metal? If it's carbon fiber, and you don't see any actual fibers in the scratch, it's fine. If it's an all metal tank, as long as it's mostly superficial, and there's no denting or super deep gouges, you should be fine.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#632 CC3

CC3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

What does " walking the trigger mean"? And how can I get my friends to buy a paintball gun to play with me?

#633 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Walking the trigger is this.

Essentially its just moving your fingers in a walking motion quickly. You can only get your freinds to play and buy a gun if they care and want to, if your freind walked up to you and asked you to join him in a round of cow tipping and you had to buy special $300 cow tipping boots you'd probably decline. Ask your freinds to come paintballing with you, if they enjoy it, maybe they'll get into it.

#634 pariah

pariah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

its carbon fiber, and its pretty scratched up by the knicks so its hard to see fibers or really anything. It's pretty shallow but, how deep would it have to be to have hit the fibers?

#635 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ok, so i have been trying to figure out what the O-ring sizes are of the Tippmann Gryphon gun. I read the manual, no info on them in there. The internet has not been a success and links me to US only Ebay links so I cannot buy packages. I also tried printing out the O-ring monkey size chart, but that didnt work out either as no matter what I try it does not print right on A4 paper.

So if someone could tell me the Sizes of the O-rings the Gryphon uses and the Tippmann 98 Custom that would be helpfull so I can order a couple on O-ring Monkey :)

#636 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

You don't need orings for a Tippmann, they last forever and most of them don't need to be nick free anyway. Fixing a broken Tippy is just a case of pouring oil in the ASA untill it works.

#637 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Ego vs. Etek what's the difference besides price? :rolleyes:

#638 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Ego vs. Etek what's the difference besides price? :rolleyes:

Ego is a super gun, while the etek is the mid end. The etek 3 is like an old lighter Ego. I still recommend the supergun.

#639 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

You don't need orings for a Tippmann, they last forever and most of them don't need to be nick free anyway. Fixing a broken Tippy is just a case of pouring oil in the ASA untill it works.

I understand that, but I would still like to have a few spare o-rings in stock. However, I need to know the sizes, which I cannot find in the manual and Internet has not been a success. The Tippmann parts website lists them as SKAA etc but I have no idea what size that actuall is.

#640 CC3

CC3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

hey for a begginer player is a kingman xtra a good gun and is this gun machnical or electrical? Also is co2 or compressed air better for this gun ?

Co2 lasts longer and is cheaper and I don't own a spyder xtra but I've heard they r good

#641 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Co2 lasts longer and is cheaper and I don't own a spyder xtra but I've heard they r good

^^^^^^^^^^^
You are very wrong on all accounts.

Most fields offer all day air (HPA) for $10 and is usually included in admission, so it doesn't matter if you run out, you just refill it at no extra cost. HPA is more consistant and way better for your gun because if the air hits the electronics, you are fine, if liquid CO2 gets in the electronics, you now have to replace your board with will cost you around $30 - $200.

I don't recommend a spyder as a first marker (unless you are willing to keep fixing it and take it apart thoroughly when it breaks.)

The only reason why you should get CO2 is if you life near a place that doesn't offer HPA fills. Most paintball places offer it, but if you play woodsball in a person's property, chances are, he won't have a HPA fill station there.

Edited by kingJurzy, 15 April 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#642 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^
You are very wrong on all accounts.

He's right in saying it lasts longer though, unless I'm mistaken a 20oz C02 tank yields as many shots as a 68/4500.

#643 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

My friend's autococker ate up his CO2 but not my 68/4500. I got about 300 more shots with my tank

#644 DOLMANZ

DOLMANZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just like to say Hello Tech pb! I have only been on the Forum for a day but I already know this place is awesome. Just the sheer number of knowledgeable and friendly members is just great.

#645 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Just like to say Hello Tech pb! I have only been on the Forum for a day but I already know this place is awesome. Just the sheer number of knowledgeable and friendly members is just great.

Welcome to techpb! :tup:

#646 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Welcome :)

#647 Epicphale

Epicphale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

So just wanna say hey new to techpb and paintball in general. Played once before a few years ago and now trying to change my lifestyle a bit and be more active and do something fun. Anyways the question I have is what are the different styles of games in paintball? Like what is the difference between hyperball and speedball cause me being pretty new they both sound similar to me.

#648 FlopzNZL

FlopzNZL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hey guys :)
Just a question how do you add positive rep/feed back, because I have been looking for the scale's icon like on other forums but can't seem to find it???

#649 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,947 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

We actually don't have an integrated system for feedback. You'll have to start a feedback thread in the feedback section here: http://www.techpb.co...p?showforum=996

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#650 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

So just wanna say hey new to techpb and paintball in general. Played once before a few years ago and now trying to change my lifestyle a bit and be more active and do something fun. Anyways the question I have is what are the different styles of games in paintball? Like what is the difference between hyperball and speedball cause me being pretty new they both sound similar to me.

This should help. Dont be afraid to ask anything you're unsure about ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS3_Cd1tzew&feature=plcp[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS3_Cd1tzew&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.c...ew&feature=plcp[/url]

Edited by Soldier of Fortune, 27 April 2012 - 10:36 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users