Photo

Ask all the questions you want, and don't be sorry!

• Please log in to reply
899 replies to this topic

#701 CC3

CC3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

I just wanted to know which is better a JT raptor or a invert helix

#702 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

I just wanted to know which is better a JT raptor or a invert helix

i would probably say the helix with thermal lense.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#703 thycalmesuperman

thycalmesuperman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

If anyone can help me with some qustions I have plz snd me a message. I am 20 and hav been playing recball sence I was about 12, but only a cuple times a year but I have allways loved it so much. I now live about 15 min away from a feild and Playd more last year, probly 6 or7 times... and I think it is the best sport there is((well, it is tied with MMA, it was th love of my life befor I moved away from ANY good gym lol)) So I want to start geting in to it more and have some qustions. And would love if any of you could send me a PM leting me knoe you can answer some qutions for me

#704 briitsh ninja

briitsh ninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

been playing for a few years in woods ball but starting to play more speedball. I understand some if not most of the basics, but one thing im not sure about is the bunkering aspect of it. I know the basics of the attacking bunkering but not really sure on how to defend against it. any tips are greatly appreciated. sorry if it seems im rambling.

#705 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

been playing for a few years in woods ball but starting to play more speedball. I understand some if not most of the basics, but one thing im not sure about is the bunkering aspect of it. I know the basics of the attacking bunkering but not really sure on how to defend against it. any tips are greatly appreciated. sorry if it seems im rambling.

I just move around the opposite side of the bunker and shoot them in the back, or I just trade off with them because I know I cannot run around fast enough.

#706 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Best thing you can do is keep your head on a swivel to hopefully spot someone. If they're coming down on your bunker, just curl around so you keep the bunker in between the two of you (if possible). If you're getting shot at from the other side, you may have to sacrifice yourself to take him out to keep him from running down anyone else.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#707 briitsh ninja

briitsh ninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

I just move around the opposite side of the bunker and shoot them in the back, or I just trade off with them because I know I cannot run around fast enough.

Thanks for the tip. You too Andrew

#708 Cell520

Cell520

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Hey, I'm thinking of buying my son a paintball gun for Christmas. Could anyone tell me if this is a good beginer gun/ a good deal ? http://www.canadiant...t.jsp?locale=en

#709 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Hey, I'm thinking of buying my son a paintball gun for Christmas. Could anyone tell me if this is a good beginer gun/ a good deal ? http://www.canadiant...t.jsp?locale=en

as soon as you buy that you'll need to buy another tank right away.
http://www.ansgear.c..._Gun_s/3731.htm those seem to be pretty solid markers for the price, also look for a HPA tank and a mask with a thermal lense
http://www.ansgear.c...injatank-48.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...ader_s/3503.htm
best set-up for the money

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#710 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Have an eflex mask and the second time I took it out it fogged horribly. Also, got so messy from me trying to wipe paint off between rounds. Any advise on how to keep my mask clean and fog free on a day of play?

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#711 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Did it fog the first time? Also, did the mask come with the protective plastic on the lens?

#712 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

If anyone can help me with some qustions I have plz snd me a message. I am 20 and hav been playing recball sence I was about 12, but only a cuple times a year but I have allways loved it so much. I now live about 15 min away from a feild and Playd more last year, probly 6 or7 times... and I think it is the best sport there is((well, it is tied with MMA, it was th love of my life befor I moved away from ANY good gym lol)) So I want to start geting in to it more and have some qustions. And would love if any of you could send me a PM leting me knoe you can answer some qutions for me

just go ahead and post up your questions here. Trust me this is the one part of the forum that any question is ok to ask.

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#713 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Have an eflex mask and the second time I took it out it fogged horribly. Also, got so messy from me trying to wipe paint off between rounds. Any advise on how to keep my mask clean and fog free on a day of play?

Take off the protective plastic on the lens.

#714 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Did it fog the first time? Also, did the mask come with the protective plastic on the lens?

I took the plastic off before playing my first game with it. And I don't recall it fogging the first time but I have a terrible memory. Definitely fogged the second/last time I played with them.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#715 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just remember you need a really nice and comfortable mask because this is probably more important the gun. You can't play paintball without one. And going with a gun it would depend on his style of play if he is more of a woodsball player I suggest a tippmann A-5 it is a wonderful starter woodsball gun but if he is into professional play I would suggest a azodin electronic gun of your choose. And once you get this things then you'll need a air tank (preferably a HPA one) and a hopper (probably a gravity feed non electric one to start.

#716 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

How long are Freak inserts? I am interested in making a tutorial on how to build a case for a Freak kit out of duct tape.

Edited by Soldier of Fortune, 10 December 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#717 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

How long are Freak inserts? I am interested in making a tutorial on how to build a case for a Freak kit out of duct tape.

Bump!

Bump!

#718 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Freak inserts are just a hair over 5 inches long, and just under .75 inches in diameter.

#719 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thank you much. Got midterms cominng up so this is gonna be a on and off project.

Edited by Soldier of Fortune, 11 December 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#720 Mykul

Mykul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Is it bad to store paint in pods? I know, total noob question.

#721 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Not any worse than in a bag, just make sure the pods aren't packed tightly, so the paintballs aren't putting any extra pressure on the others. I'd also recommend rotating the pods every day or so, cause it's quick, easy, and makes sure they're not just sitting in the same position for an extended period of time.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 10 January 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#722 Mykul

Mykul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Sweet, thanx.

Is there a better way to store paint than in the bags? Or in other words, what is the best way to store paint?

#723 Mykul

Mykul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Sweet, thanx.

Is there a better way to store paint than in the bags? Or in other words, what is the best way to store paint?

Bump

#724 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sweet, thanx.

Bump

keep them in the bag if possible, and skake them every or everyother day, make sure they arent in the sun, and not in the cold

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#725 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

This may be silly but, what exactly does it mean when someone says a gun has better Ergonomics?

#726 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Ergonomics just means how the gun feels in your hands. It's different from person to person, and there's no right answer for which gun has better ergonomics until you hold them and feel them for yourself.

#727 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Thanks I appreciate it :)

#728 Tjvance

Tjvance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hey just something I've always wondered,, what's the difference between proto and dye or like what's the relationship and also how often would you say to clean your reg on a spool

#729 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Dye is the company, and all the high end guns go out under Dye's branding. Proto is just a brand that Dye uses for their cheaper guns.

#730 Tjvance

Tjvance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Kinda like empire to invert?

#731 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Kee owns both Empire and Invert, among other brands.

#732 dazdarren

dazdarren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Is this a good shopping list for a brand new starter? If not, what should be added to complete it?Posted Image

Edited by dazdarren, 12 February 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#733 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

It's actually not a bad setup by any means. The mask, tank, and pod pack are great choices. Are you sure you want to start out with a pump gun, though?

And the Azodin ASA and Hitman mod are not needed as the gun already comes with both of those installed out of the box. The bolt is also not needed, but you can get it if you want. The feedneck will also not fit on the gun, as the threads need to be Ion threaded. The correct feedneck in that style can be found here: http://www.ansgear.c...erlockfnion.htm

If you wanted an NXe pod pack, which is an awesome pack, try this one, it's a little more expensive but with the money you saved by not buying some parts you will be able to afford it, and it comes with free pods: http://www.ansgear.c...pack34black.htm

The loader is also a great choice for pump. But whether or not you wanted to start out with a pump is my big question.

#734 dazdarren

dazdarren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Im not brand new per-se, because I have played with rental guns on a number of occasions.
I figured that buying a pump would give me the most bang for my buck because I play airsoft more than paintball, and can use the pump while my freind use the entals, and not have too big of an advantage.
I have replaced the feed neck and pod pack, is there anything else I should order? I want to order everything in one go because I live in Taiwan, and shipping is extremly expensive

#735 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

You're pretty much good to go.

#736 dazdarren

dazdarren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

What would be a good barrel kit for it? I would like to be able to use a wide variety of paintballs.

#737 xxFischerxx

xxFischerxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Are there different size lenses? Like if I bought a mask would any lense fit said mask? Or would I have to go and search for one that's specific to it?
"Nobody likes a know it all who sits around talking about their genitalia."

#738 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Lenses only come n one size, but you will need to find the lens compatible with that mask.

For example, if you buy a JT Proflex, it uses a JT Spectra lens system. That means that you would have to buy a JT Spectra lens for your proflex. If you have an Empire E-vent or E-flex, you will need a lens compatible with those masks. The product description should say what masks the lens is compatible for.

Also, if your mask came with a manual, that should also point you in the right direction of finding new lenses. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

#739 xxFischerxx

xxFischerxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Lenses only come n one size, but you will need to find the lens compatible with that mask.

For example, if you buy a JT Proflex, it uses a JT Spectra lens system. That means that you would have to buy a JT Spectra lens for your proflex. If you have an Empire E-vent or E-flex, you will need a lens compatible with those masks. The product description should say what masks the lens is compatible for.

Also, if your mask came with a manual, that should also point you in the right direction of finding new lenses. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

thank you. I was just thinking about purchasing a 2009 Proto axis pro and I wasn't sure what lens it takes and if their readily available( if not then ill choose a different mask)

Edited by xxFischerxx, 20 March 2013 - 10:17 AM.

"Nobody likes a know it all who sits around talking about their genitalia."

#740 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, Proto lenses are definitely still readily available, since all Proto masks use the same lens.

#741 Aplegends pb

Aplegends pb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hey I need some help finding out on a good tank for my tipp 98. I have a hopper and a mask. I am thinking about a gurrila air 62/3000 tank good choice ?

#742 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hey I need some help finding out on a good tank for my tipp 98. I have a hopper and a mask. I am thinking about a gurrila air 62/3000 tank good choice ?

A 62/3000 will be fine,

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#743 Paintball junky

Paintball junky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

This was a great video! I feel like we all are a big family! xD haha
Posted Image

#744 DeterminationisEVERYTHING

DeterminationisEVERYTHING

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

I really need to know if this is a good set up....

GoG eNVy Blackheart board
V-Max (Valken)
Aluminum 48/3000 Empire

$329

Good setup? bad setup? on a sorta budget... and looking to keep it around that price... any help?

#745 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yup, that'll be fine.

#746 DeterminationisEVERYTHING

DeterminationisEVERYTHING

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Yup, that'll be fine.

Kinda hope this was to me LOL but thanks? LOL

#747 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Lol, yes, that was to you, before we talked in chat.

#748 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

What's the difference between the different types of paintball games? I know The basic differences between woodsball and speedball but I keep hearing terms like Xball and airball (Which, I assume, is a field of inflatable bunkers) and Milsim and scenario (which, I assume, can be a specific set of rules for a given scenario like D-Day here in Oklahoma or the Alien Invasion in Michigan) but what are the more minor differences?

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#749 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Speedball, airball, and Xball all pretty much have come to refer to a field consisting of the inflatable bunkers. Milsim is sort for "military simulation" and more refers to a look than an actual game type. Milsim players tend to dress like real soldiers and play with markers that resemble real firearms. The term scenario usually refers to big games such as Living Legends, and D-Day.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#750 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Speedball, airball, and Xball all pretty much have come to refer to a field consisting of the inflatable bunkers. Milsim is sort for "military simulation" and more refers to a look than an actual game type. Milsim players tend to dress like real soldiers and play with markers that resemble real firearms. The term scenario usually refers to big games such as Living Legends, and D-Day.

Okay so the Speedball, Airball and Xball are interchangeable. I was hoping that was the case because I'm finding it hard enough to keep track as is. I should be able to play scenario with what I have if I want to then, right?

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users