Photo

Ask all the questions you want, and don't be sorry!

• Please log in to reply
892 replies to this topic

#751 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Speedball, airball, and X-ball are generally interchangeable terms referring to a smaller field using inflatable bunkers. You can play scenario, speedball, woodsball, and hyperball with any equipment you want, but some equipment is better suited for a particular type of play than others. This video should help explain things, and if you have any questions feel free to post in the forums or PM me and I'll do my best to help.

#752 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

What's the difference between the different types of paintball games?

There used to be very slight differences between speedball/xball/airball. Generally, you can use them interchangeably. However...

Airball implies the bunkers are inflatable. Not all speedball fields/games involve inflatable bunkers. Thus on a semantic note, all airball is speedball, but not all speedball is airball.

I know a little about speedball because I have played it recreationally. I know a lot more about the whole woodsball/big game/scenario world, so I can be a little more helpful there.

Milsim = short for military simulation. Rather than a game format, this more describes a player type or mindset. People who mod or have paintball guns that resemble military equipment. They also frequently wear military camo and wear vests to hold their extra gear (though other kinds of players can use vests too)

Scenario = Scenario paintball means that there are two (or more) large teams scoring points through various means (generally completing missions or taking and holding certain locations on the field). The team with the most points wins.

Most scenarios have their own rules regarding "special units": things like tanks, anti-tank devices (LAWs/launchers), etc. For example, all Viper produced events have his standard scenario rule set, but someone else's events may have slightly different rules.

Big Games: Big game is just another term for a scenario, though usually the objectives in a big game are a lot more simple compared to other events. For example, near my area there's one coming up that is essentially all about controlling the field. Whoever has the objectives at each time gets points. Oklahoma D-Day is kind of like this as well.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

#753 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

What's the difference between the different types of paintball games?

There used to be very slight differences between speedball/xball/airball. Generally, you can use them interchangeably. However...

Airball implies the bunkers are inflatable. Not all speedball fields/games involve inflatable bunkers. Thus on a semantic note, all airball is speedball, but not all speedball is airball.

I know a little about speedball because I have played it recreationally. I know a lot more about the whole woodsball/big game/scenario world, so I can be a little more helpful there.

Milsim = short for military simulation. Rather than a game format, this more describes a player type or mindset. People who mod or have paintball guns that resemble military equipment. They also frequently wear military camo and wear vests to hold their extra gear (though other kinds of players can use vests too)

Scenario = Scenario paintball means that there are two (or more) large teams scoring points through various means (generally completing missions or taking and holding certain locations on the field). The team with the most points wins.

Most scenarios have their own rules regarding "special units": things like tanks, anti-tank devices (LAWs/launchers), etc. For example, all Viper produced events have his standard scenario rule set, but someone else's events may have slightly different rules.

Big Games: Big game is just another term for a scenario, though usually the objectives in a big game are a lot more simple compared to other events. For example, near my area there's one coming up that is essentially all about controlling the field. Whoever has the objectives at each time gets points. Oklahoma D-Day is kind of like this as well.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

That actually helps a lot.

Predator - I'll check the vid when I get home. I'm actually at work right now (I work in a web help dept for an inbound call center) and i can't see youtube or facebook or twitter or anything remotely popular, right now. Heck, I can't even see the youtube video I posted in another thread, lol.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#754 Samtipps

Samtipps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I'm just wondering i just bought an Etek 3 lt from here and was wondering if upgrades like the Cure 3 bolt and Zick 2 kit are worth it?

#755 SJR

SJR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Can you fill a 4500psi air tank from a 3000 psi fill station because thats all my field fills to.

#756 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yes, and your tank will only be filled up to 3000 psi.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#757 SJR

SJR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Whats better the dye c13 pants or the h&k army arctic pants

#758 Nate poole

Nate poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Ok so I have a question on firing modes . I have a dangerous powers g4 so it has millennium which is the ramp at 7.5 bps, the psp3, nxl, and just regular semi so which one should I use when I'm just playing at a field?

Edited by Nate poole, 13 June 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#759 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Ok so I have a question on firing modes . I have a dangerous powers g4 so it has millennium which is the ramp at 7.5 bps, the psp3, nxl, and just regular semi so which one should I use when I'm just playing at a field?

whatever your field allows.

#760 Nate poole

Nate poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Ok so they'll just tell you? But what if I don't have that firing mode ? Like what if they only allow regular psp?

#761 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ok so they'll just tell you? But what if I don't have that firing mode ? Like what if they only allow regular psp?

Just ask. Most of the time it'll be semi. And PSP 3shot is regular PSP

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 13 June 2013 - 11:17 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#762 Nate poole

Nate poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

So if the field says they allow. Psp than psp3 is fine too?

#763 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yes, PSP 3 shot is typically what people are referring to when they say PSP mode. Basically, if they allow PSP, and you want to ramp, put it in PSP mode. If they only allow semi, put it in semi. And regardless of the mode it's in, make sure to put the BPS cap at whatever your field's limit is.

Fear is the mind-killer

#764 Nate poole

Nate poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Ok thank you so much ! The people on this forum are so much more helpful and nicer and have quicker responses and not smart ass replies from total dickheads like I had at pbnation

#765 CTPBpro

CTPBpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

dose mike every post on this forum? (besides his wednesday videos.... and are those worth watching)

Edited by CTPBpro, 19 June 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#766 Thesaint258

Thesaint258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

this helped me a lot if i didnt read that i wouldn't have asked as many questions as i did thanks.

#767 bower538

bower538

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hi techpb form,

i always watch mikes videos and now that i have the money i would really turly appreciate it if you guys could help me im coming from an airsoft background and realised that paintball was a bit more fun with only a small amount of cheaters and wipers anyways, i have a budget of $800 for a speedball setup i was looking at the axes and the drones because on ansgear the drones dx's  are runing for 395. i was found a halo too for 62 buck on amazon and a 68 4500 from swapmytank for 110 with a ninja reg any help would be appreciated thanks for taking the time to help.

#768 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Sounds like you've got everything under control, the Axe and Drone are both fantastic guns, and the tank and loader are both good as well.

Don't forget about your mask, and probably a pod pack as well. Have you checked out any masks yet? IMO that's the most important thing to look for, and should be budged for first, before anything else.

Fear is the mind-killer

#769 bower538

bower538

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

yes i have a empire helix mask. what kind of pod pack would you recommend and should i get a Pinocchio loader as mike suggests instead of the halo too. thank for answering.

Edited by bower538, 06 July 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#770 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

The Pinokio is a good loader and will be better than the Halo Too for capacity, battery life, weight, and cleaning.  As far as pod packs, I'd look for a 3+4 or 4+5 pack.  I personally like the Proto Fighter packs, but the NXe and Empire packs are also good for about the same price (~$35).

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#771 Thesaint258

Thesaint258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

I wanted to know where i could bye paintballs.

#772 bower538

bower538

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

Thanks unfaded for the info techpb is so much more friendly than pbn. just one more thing if i get the  68 4500, drone dx, and halo too/ pinokio, with a pod pack like a nxe or something like you suggest then is that enough to start playing or should i mow a couple more lawns and get slider shorts/pants with a jersey.

#773 bower538

bower538

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

i would buy them locally at a local shop or something if you don't have one ansgear is good but im new so i dont  know that mike shoots evil alot so thats musht be decent  paint but its $60ish here in NC at my local shop.

#774 cr4sh

cr4sh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Is this thread still active? I have a question about paying as a tall guy; I'm 6'4" and want to know if there are any tips to improve my game on the field? I'm a pretty big target :)

Thanks!
Cr4sh

Is this thread still active? I have a question about paying as a tall guy; I'm 6'4" and want to know if there are any tips to improve my game on the field? I'm a pretty big target :)

Thanks!
Cr4sh

Playing*****

Thanks!

#775 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Work on your flexibility. The ability to get as low as possible without actually kneeling/sitting on the ground comes in handy.

Fear is the mind-killer

#776 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Thanks!
Cr4sh

Thanks!
Cr4sh

Playing*****

Thanks!

try and play as tight to the bunker a possible. obviously the more of you sticking out the easier it is to hit. also, use you height to your advantage. as a taller guy you can probably pop out the top of a bunker rather than the sides, surprising the shorter guy. being 5'6" i don't have this luxury. just try to stay away from bunkers that you can't physically fit behind. is there anything specific you wanted to work on?

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#777 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thanks!
Cr4sh

Thanks!
Cr4sh

Playing*****

Thanks!

try and play as tight to the bunker a possible. obviously the more of you sticking out the easier it is to hit. also, use you height to your advantage. as a taller guy you can probably pop out the top of a bunker rather than the sides, surprising the shorter guy. being 5'6" i don't have this luxury. just try to stay away from bunkers that you can't physically fit behind. is there anything specific you wanted to work on?

I know your  pain. Simple fact is people can not hit what they can not see. Being a big guy makes it much harder to play certain positions. It also has it benefits. In my experience, Doritos and standups are your friend. I love messing around in the Ds. Hop in and lay waste to people know how to work the angles and then use the whole bunker to make shots. Go high low left right up down side to side hell even over the top if you can. Also your knees. Yea get good at squatting, kneeling and crawling your going to need it. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#778 cr4sh

cr4sh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, I cant wait to try them out on friday. I guess because I'm tall, I usually try and play on one knee or both so I can be the same level as the other players when behind a bunker. But I want to try and use it to my advantage like you all suggest. I'll definitely strengthen my legs to maneuver better since right now, it's a strain to hunch over so much lol. Any ideas on what might be the best position to play in speedball? Do taller guys usually hang back or sprint? I'd like to run up, but maybe im better suited for a back position... when I upgrade my gun anyway haha

#779 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

You can pretty much play wherever you as long as you can get small.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#780 cr4sh

cr4sh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

My legs are on fire but you guys were right; I stayed close to the bunkers, stayed crouched behind doritos and even fired some snap shots over the tops of most bunkers. Can't wait to go again!

#781 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Simple question, Axe vs. Etha. Personal opinions wanted. 

#782 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Since I haven't used either one for any period of time long enough to form an opinion, I can't give you that side of it. However, once you get above $250ish in paintball guns, they're all pretty much gonna do the same thing. I personally would just by the cheaper one (since they're both fine guns) and have that much more money for entry fees and paint.

Fear is the mind-killer

#783 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, I understand. I've been very, very throughly looking into the Etha. It first caught my eye by how sleek it looks to me compared to the axe. Which i've heard the problem with the axe is the macro line is fed through the gun and the eyes are welded onto the frame and the fact that it's $100 more than the Etha. On the flip side i've heard the Etha has problems with the poppet spring(which PE will gladly send you a poppetless bolt for free) and has a slight irregularity on the air when shot. So I think it's mostly up to which one i like more. Thanks a ton for the response though!

#784 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well, the fact that the Axe is macro-less isn't a problem, and the eyes aren't welded into the frame, there's just no externally removable eye covers. Also, any new Etha you get will already have the spring-less poppet, and should be as consistent as any other gun.

Fear is the mind-killer

#785 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

I had an Etha and an Axe and the Axe is far smoother, quieter and more efficient. the maintenance is simpler on the Axe too.

#786 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

^same just I didn't own the etha, I just switched guns with my buddy for a month

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#787 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks guys, and thanks for clearing things up for me that I have read. 

#788 MattCej

MattCej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Ok, so I made have made a mistake when purchasing my gear. As some of you may know I recently made a thread describing the new gear I recently bought. I bought a Tippmann Gryphon and a Guerilla Air 62/3000 aluminum HPA tank. I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet, but I shot several paintballs through it in my backyard and I didn't notice any problems with it. However I just read that Guerilla Air regulars have an output psi of 650, and I also just saw someone say that the Gryphon needs a high pressure output psi to shoot fast enough. Am I in trouble? Is 650 psi not enough output pressure for the Tippmann Gryphon? Thanks.

#789 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

I can't find the Gryphon operating pressure, but it should be close to 400 psi.  If so, a 650 psi tank output pressure would be just fine.  I think not seeing any problems is a confirming sign, but what I would do is try shooting about 10 shots rapidly while over a chronograph and see if the velocity starts to dip.  If it generally stays within a 30-fps band or less, you're fine.  If you start at 300 fps and finish at 240 fps, then you're not getting enough output pressure from the tank (again, I think you'll see that you're fine).  Good luck and enjoy having an unusual marker on the field - I've only ever gotten to see one in play!

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#790 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

I am not posting a question, although I did post on a very long time ago on this thread. About axe vs. etha. I went ahead and ordered and etha(i'm very fond of PE) so once I get on the field and play with it enough i'll tell you guys how it's been and what/if i have any problems with it!

#791 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Ehh^^

#792 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

95 percent of the time millenium is allowed where PSP is allowed guys

109.gif

#793 rodri9uez13

rodri9uez13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Does an empire hpa tank fit a spyder victor paintball gun?

#794 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

ASA threads and tank threads are all universal, so the tank will work on the gun.

Fear is the mind-killer

#795 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

I have a question about the shipping process of paintball markers. I've had supplies such as masks pants elbow pads etc. etc. come from ansgear in 4 days and it is taking 6 days to ship my paintball marker. Is there a particular reason that is? Does it go through more security?

#796 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

That depends on when you ordered, and what shipping service you chose each of those times.

Fear is the mind-killer

#797 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Well this time I ordered last wednesday and the other times I ordered on Saturday. Both times I used the free FedEx ground because my orders were all over $100

#798 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Have you gotten a shipping confirmation or tracking number? Also, a package is a package. FedEx does not inspect boxes, they get them and ship them. Once ANSgear sends the package out, the time it takes to get to you is entirely on FedEx.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 01 September 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Fear is the mind-killer

#799 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Oh yes, I've been tracking it. It has just been taking longer to get to my house than usual and I thought FedEx would inspect it really hard because it was a marker. Thanks for letting me know that's not the case. I'll just have to be patient! XD which when it comes to new stuff being mailed I am not very patient!

#800 PaintBallRambo

PaintBallRambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Hi, im looking to start PaintBall/SpeedBall - ( I'm gonna have to buy some gear since they're only providing us with stuff for the 1st season) 

Marker/gun - Proto Rail 2011     $250      http://www.ansgear.c...il2011black.htm

Mask - Empire Vidar                   $50       http://www.ansgear.c...armaskblack.htm

Tank - Ninja Tank 68/4500      $159       http://www.ansgear.c...injatank-68.htm

Hopper - Invert Too                 $73        http://www.ansgear.com/Invert_Too_Paintball_Hopper_Matte_Black_p/inverttooloaderblk.htm     Total - $532 - £340                  

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)