Photo

Ask all the questions you want, and don't be sorry!

• Please log in to reply
899 replies to this topic

#101 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

Where is mic located on an Invert Halo Too?

#102 crzywhiteman01

crzywhiteman01

Night Owl of the Newbie Forum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:03 AM

As far as I know it is in the board and is more of a vibration sensor than a mike, but then again a mic is that. As far as I know it should be contained in the board. Just be sure to turn it on in a quiet place. The vibrations of your bolt cycleing is what should trigger it not the actual sound of your marker.

#103 Anitra

Anitra

ANITRA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

Boxers or Briefs? Posted Image
Posted Image
sig by: P8ntballkiller - Thank you so much! "I love my computer, all of my friends are in there"

#104 Blindsight

Blindsight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:59 PM

Whats lube?

#105 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

As far as I know it is in the board and is more of a vibration sensor than a mike, but then again a mic is that. As far as I know it should be contained in the board. Just be sure to turn it on in a quiet place. The vibrations of your bolt cycleing is what should trigger it not the actual sound of your marker.

Does that mean I have a dead board then? My hopper turns on fine, but on sound setting four, I have to hit the hopper pretty hard to get it to feed, and it won't feed on gun. On sound setting 5, it will feed okay, but not as good as it used to on sound setting 4. This all started happening after I used really crappy paint that was super thin and broken everywhere. My entire gun and hopper were both soaked in paint. They had paint everywhere. I broke both down entirely and gave them an extremely thorough cleaning, so no more paint, but now it's acting up and I want to know how to fix it. Does it seem like something happened to my board and I need a new one? And if so, where can I find a replacement board for my Too?

#106 Tor

Tor

The Clothes Make The Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Whats lube?

Lube is kind of like WD-40 exept on a paintball gun. It helps everything move smoothly. But don't use WD-40 on a paintball gun. Make a thread to find out what lube you need on your gun.

Posted Image
Proud American
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Genghis Khan

#107 crzywhiteman01

crzywhiteman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

Does that mean I have a dead board then? My hopper turns on fine, but on sound setting four, I have to hit the hopper pretty hard to get it to feed, and it won't feed on gun. On sound setting 5, it will feed okay, but not as good as it used to on sound setting 4. This all started happening after I used really crappy paint that was super thin and broken everywhere. My entire gun and hopper were both soaked in paint. They had paint everywhere. I broke both down entirely and gave them an extremely thorough cleaning, so no more paint, but now it's acting up and I want to know how to fix it. Does it seem like something happened to my board and I need a new one? And if so, where can I find a replacement board for my Too?

I would look on the circuit board of the hopper and make sure there is nothing on there to create a short. you can clean it with alcohol and some q-tips. If there is paint on it that could definitely cause a problem. Here is a replacement board for the loader if you want one. http://www.actionvil...om/011-143-0024 its for a empire reloader b2 but its the same thing as the invert too.

#108 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:27 AM

I would look on the circuit board of the hopper and make sure there is nothing on there to create a short. you can clean it with alcohol and some q-tips. If there is paint on it that could definitely cause a problem. Here is a replacement board for the loader if you want one. http://www.actionvil...om/011-143-0024 its for a empire reloader b2 but its the same thing as the invert too.

I've looked at the board, and there isn't any paint on it. I haven't checked it super closely to see if there is anything blown or anything that could cause a short, I'll do that next time I take it apart. Thanks for the board, bit pricey, so hopefully I can get this problem fixed without replacing the board.

#109 Blindsight

Blindsight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

Whats lube?

Lube is kind of like WD-40 exept on a paintball gun. It helps everything move smoothly. But don't use WD-40 on a paintball gun. Make a thread to find out what lube you need on your gun.

thanks

#110 firewater

firewater

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:56 PM

Tiny background...I played woodsball for about 6-7 years in the 90's...trusty sl-68 and a prolite.

I'm wanting to get back into the game...and want to invest in a decent marker for both woodsball and the occasional speedball game.
Anyways...I know what kind of equipment I'm looking for...been watching all of Mike's videos to get a good handle on what and when to buy...

Here's my question: When do the new model markers/loaders/masks/jerseys come out? For instance, I know the '08 SLG was decent, and the '09 was really good for the money, so can we expect that the '10 SLG is going to top the charts in performance and affordability? The SLG is just my example...but does that go for any of the mid range markers?

My fear is spending a small fortune in the next few weeks and then all of the '10 gear being released and I could've saved 40% if I'd have waited.

Any advice?

That said...I still really do want a marq6...

Edited by firewater, 24 November 2009 - 09:58 PM.

Randy,
Fire Inspector, Fire & Explosion Investigator

Looking to buy a top notch Marq 6
I apologize for being harsh, but I was getting shot while most of you were in diapers....

#111 crzywhiteman01

crzywhiteman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:38 AM

Tiny background...I played woodsball for about 6-7 years in the 90's...trusty sl-68 and a prolite.

I'm wanting to get back into the game...and want to invest in a decent marker for both woodsball and the occasional speedball game.
Anyways...I know what kind of equipment I'm looking for...been watching all of Mike's videos to get a good handle on what and when to buy...

Here's my question: When do the new model markers/loaders/masks/jerseys come out? For instance, I know the '08 SLG was decent, and the '09 was really good for the money, so can we expect that the '10 SLG is going to top the charts in performance and affordability? The SLG is just my example...but does that go for any of the mid range markers?

My fear is spending a small fortune in the next few weeks and then all of the '10 gear being released and I could've saved 40% if I'd have waited.

Any advice?

That said...I still really do want a marq6...

Most of the time all the major companies roll out there new markers and gear at world cup. It is the largest tourneyment of there year so that is where most of the venders show off there new stuff. So for this years 09 world cup they have released all of the 2010 guns and gear. Since you used dye as an example they have realeased there 2010 line for the DM seris, the new NT series and the proto matrix rail aka "PMR".

Hope this answered your question.

#112 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:59 AM

Hanes boxer briefs Anitra =)

#113 JAWZ15

JAWZ15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

Kind of a stupid question but...
I seem to have run out of evil lube! and i just went to a tourney over the weekend so i am cleaning my marker... Is there anything else that is marker safe to lube my ion with? I cant get to a paintball store until the weekend because the one by my house closed some years ago...

#114 crzywhiteman01

crzywhiteman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:53 AM

I am pretty sure that you can get dow 33 at a hardware store. Just check it is basically the most universal lube out there.

Edited by crzywhiteman01, 04 December 2009 - 03:54 AM.

#115 firewater

firewater

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

Yeah.... No offense... But... Well... Buying a high voltage was most likely a horrible mistake. You should have spent an extra fifty or sixty or even twenty dollars to get a Spyder, Azodin Blitz, Tippmann, or Smart Parts Vibe. There's a reason that ViewLoader makes LOADERS not guns. The reason is.... they suck at it. The name is viewLOADER, not viewMARKER. Sorry dude.

Agreed...bought a bunch of gear off of a kid on craigslist, and even he threw in a 'high voltage' for free, just for me to take if off his hands.. I suppose if you stick with semi-auto it'll get you playing, which is more important than not playing at all. The drop-off in 3 shot and full auto is simply laughable though. He kept talking about 'viewloader electric' and I assumed it was an old loader....
Randy,

I apologize for being harsh, but I was getting shot while most of you were in diapers....

#116 firewater

firewater

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

boxers...
Randy,

#117 Sme11thegl0ve

Sme11thegl0ve

Ka-chunk!, u out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,616 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Boxer briefs. You get the best of both, the comfort of briefs and the coverage of boxers. All around awesomeness

#118 alfer907

alfer907

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

I have recently been into paintball, but using co2 and sypders. I now have stepped it up to a proto slg and a crossfire 68-45 air tank....

I go today to the paintball store, and they tell me they dont fill nitro tanks.

There is a gas place called tech air (they fill all types of tanks including welding, oxygen, and all that), and i was figuring that they could fill my tank no problem....So i checked their website to see their services and they do both compressed air and nitrogen...I know this is a stupid question, but what type of gas do i put in my tank? Its a crossfire 68-45. Is it nitrogen or compressed air. The tank has an output pressure of 450 psi....

Thanks

#119 firewater

firewater

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

I have recently been into paintball, but using co2 and sypders. I now have stepped it up to a proto slg and a crossfire 68-45 air tank....

There is a gas place called tech air (they fill all types of tanks including welding, oxygen, and all that), and i was figuring that they could fill my tank no problem....So i checked their website to see their services and they do both compressed air and nitrogen...I know this is a stupid question, but what type of gas do i put in my tank? Its a crossfire 68-45. Is it nitrogen or compressed air. The tank has an output pressure of 450 psi....

Thanks

Compressed air. And they should be able to fill it for you easily, although I have found that some shops are fearful of filling paintball tanks for some reason. They're just smaller versions of the same cylinders the fill on a daily basis.... FYI, air...100% natural air is 78% nitrogen, 20.9% oxygen, .9% argon, and a laughable .038% Carbon Dioxide... (on a side note...don't believe the hype about "CO2 and global warming" but thats for a different forum)
Randy,

#120 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

Thanks

Nitrogen would be best if you can get it filled for the same price as HPA, from what I hear. Don't remember exactly why, but I think it's because Nitrogen is a lot cleaner than HPA.

#121 crzywhiteman01

crzywhiteman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

Thanks

Nitrogen would be best if you can get it filled for the same price as HPA, from what I hear. Don't remember exactly why, but I think it's because Nitrogen is a lot cleaner than HPA.

the reason that nitrogen is better than "air" is because it will be a pure inert gas. Filling automotive and aircraft tires due to its Inertness and lack of moisture or oxidative qualities, as opposed to air, though this is not necessary for consumer automobiles.

#122 Slymo82

Slymo82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Whats up, got a question about what should i do. My friend is selling his paintball gun for $175.00 and it comes with the gun with a few upgrades to it, two hoppers, a nitrogen tank, and a mask. Should i get that or instead get a new PROTO SLG and go from there, but i only have right now to spend is $345.00. What should i do.

#123 crzywhiteman01

crzywhiteman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Whats up, got a question about what should i do. My friend is selling his paintball gun for $175.00 and it comes with the gun with a few upgrades to it, two hoppers, a nitrogen tank, and a mask. Should i get that or instead get a new PROTO SLG and go from there, but i only have right now to spend is $345.00. What should i do.

My first question to you would be, what marker is it? The second is the hydro date on the tank? This is because if it's out of hydro that would not be good for you. The Last is what mask and hoppers are they? Then we will be better to help you in your purchase.

#124 cool5412

cool5412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

hi, i'm brand new here, and i have a question. will a red dot sight work if a hopper is on the marker?

not realy ether way u never realy need to aim in that much u just let the paint fly
i like tacos

#125 cool5412

cool5412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

wat is bouns balling some one mean
i like tacos

#126 cool5412

cool5412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

My first question to you would be, what marker is it? The second is the hydro date on the tank? This is because if it's out of hydro that would not be good for you. The Last is what mask and hoppers are they? Then we will be better to help you in your purchase.

wat gun is he selling
i like tacos

#127 AA2KK

AA2KK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

im new what are some tips for me i have the azodin kaos 2010!!!

#128 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

I'd recommend checking out the Newbie Mega Sticky in this forum, it's an accumulation of a great number of stickies that have been written here. If you have any specifics you're wondering about feel free to post them up as well and I'll do my best to help ya out =) However considering you have a new marker I'd recommend heading over to www.oringmonkey.com and picking up a 3x oring rebuild kit for your Kaos, this way if an oring goes on the field you'll have a replacement and your day won't be over on the spot.

#129 Griffin66

Griffin66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

i just got a smart parts sp1 for christmas and i wanted to know what lube should i use?

#130 that_ion_owner

that_ion_owner

I don't know you. I don't like you.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

well smartparts has "sl33k" lube.
its cheap and gets the job done.

but if you can cough up 16 bucks for lube at once, you can get Hater Marmalade.
i bought some mid season last year for two guns.
i havent even used a fourth of it.
and i was in two scenarios, and countless xball games with those guns. (one is mine, and my dad plays scenario and woodsball with me sometimes.)

it kinda hurts to pay 16 for that all at once.
and then you get it and you think "man. this little container isnt humongus. i hope i didnt get ripped."
but it lasts FOREVER. its fantastic stuff.
http://www.ansgear.c...ermarmalade.htm

oh and PS- i think i saw a vid where mike talked about this stuff? :blink: i think he liked it.

Posted Image

what about boxer breafs? Its like boxers but a little tighter so ur wang dont go bang bang in ur pants lol

#131 dsmiller

dsmiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

hey ive played paintball on and off for around 5 yrs.. ive played other sports and never really had the time to play it often... now im in college and have way more free time since i have no sports going on... what i really need to know is what is the best paint for around 40-45 dollars and where is the best site to order it? mike said affordablepaintballs.com in one vid but my comp wont pull it up?

#132 predator1117

predator1117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

Is there a video that shows you how to curve paintballs around a bunker like a BT apex barrel but using the airbunker its self. I've done this a few times I was wondering if you could make a video showing how to do it/ perfect the technique. (A tip from a old pro to a new player)

You press you barrel into the bunker and skip the paintball off the bunker and it will curve sharply around the next bunker.

I'm not from Canada nor am I 13

#133 cool5412

cool5412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

Is there a video that shows you how to curve paintballs around a bunker like a BT apex barrel but using the airbunker its self. I've done this a few times I was wondering if you could make a video showing how to do it/ perfect the technique. (A tip from a old pro to a new player)

You press you barrel into the bunker and skip the paintball off the bunker and it will curve sharply around the next bunker.

that is more of a luck thing
i like tacos

#134 DWOOD94

DWOOD94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

what does a regulator do and do you really need one?

#135 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

what does a regulator do and do you really need one?

A regulator regulates the pressure being allowed into your marker. What this does is both makes your shots MUCH more consistent (When being shot over a chronograph it can be seen as the speed of your balls being say within + or - 5 feet per second between each shot from a certain point. Say you're shooting at 290fps a regulator will allow you to always shoot between 285 and 295) This will affect your accuracy since obviously a ball traveling slower will drop closer to the shooter where as one going further will in theory hit higher on the target, now if you're shooting all over the place what are your chances of popping his head popping out of the bunker?

They also protect your marker from over pressurizing, this applies mostly to more "advanced" markers like electros or cockers, if you over pressurize a Vice or Ego let's say or even an SLG or G3 you're bound to have a leak somewhere or operation with it being over pressurized may cause excessive wear or damage. With a marker like an A5 a reg isn't really needed, infact to ensure your cyclone always feeds properly with HPA your tank should be capable of an 800psi output so you're looking at some very high operating pressures where as some markers like a Mini only recommend a max of 200, the Rengency Crome only operates at 130-140psi.

Hope this answers your question =)

#136 metalcore4lieph

metalcore4lieph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

I have a question about the electronic eyes on my spyder electra. When you turn the eyes on, does it generally make the marker shoot slower? Because my friends WGP Synergy shoots faster with the eyes on, and I was just wondering if my marker was suppose to be shooting slower.

#137 cool5412

cool5412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:17 AM

Sorry I have to remove this, the point of eyes is not to prevent a dryfire it's to prevent the marker from firing without a ball being properly seated in the breech resulting in a chopped ball.

-ORaNGe-

Edited by -ORaNGe-, 11 January 2010 - 08:21 AM.

i like tacos

#138 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

A marker like a Marq or Vice, PMR, Ego may shoot faster with eyes off since there is a bit of a delay after the ball is settled (microseconds) just so it's 100% the ball is in place before the marker discharges. Also the marker must allow for the noid to be charged with air again for the next shot, this is why 4c eyes allow for Bob Long markers to perform better in semi. What 4c eyes do is they'll detect a ball traveling down the feedneck before it is settled in the breech. What the 4c eyes do is tell the noid to pre-charge it's about time to shoot, then the eyes in the breech will confirm the ball is in place and allow the marker to fire. The pre-charged noid allows the marker to fire faster.

Basically a marker will fire a bit faster with eyes off however you now risk chops, it may not happen if you have a good loader since it will keep up with the gun but nonetheless one chop equals a mess you now have to take care off. If a shell fragment remains in the feedneck it may cause your loader to stop feeding as well.

#139 cool5412

cool5412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

oh
i like tacos

#140 jberry095

jberry095

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

Tech pb is great! especially the newbie section. I'm not afraid to ask questions anymore and mike's vids tell everything. BTW is an x7 a good first gun for woodsball?
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
IF YOU STOLE YOUR SIG FROM -ORaNGe- PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG!
Posted Image

#141 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

X7's are reliable guns but that's pretty much their only strength. Call me crazy but I wouldn't call it a good first gun because of this, you can easily use an X7 or A5 and never maintain it, which really may just form bad habits in the future. You won't learn much from it since they're in no way similar to any electronic markers and if you do need to clean breaks you must completely disassemble it. It's also an airhog, heavy, inconsistent and harsh on paint and won't give you the performance of even an entry level electro.

For a first marker it really depends on your budget, a lot of people say a Vibe which is a good gun and a Blackheart board is a good upgrade, another choice is a G3 which is a popular choice. I personally am an advocate for used markers like an Ego 05 because it will outperform any new entry level marker in all aspects though you have no warranty on it which isn't always the best for a new player. However they are very easy to maintain and are extremely reliable. If you want a new marker for a first marker I'd say get a Vibe, avoid anything Tippmann, they're heavy and overpriced and not speedball friendly, you may only play woods now but if you want to try something different it's not a good choice.

#142 PBdorito

PBdorito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:37 PM

How can i reduce "side play" on my Azodin Blitz trigger? it wobbles like a mother side to side and none of the adjustments help it at all.
We're the TRUE Ballers.

#143 vooshroom

vooshroom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:11 AM

hey wassup people. im fairly new to paintball. had a cheap see thru one for the longest just to shoot things for fun. but now all the sudden me and a lot of friends are gonna try to get into it for real real. well i just bought a tippmann a5. from what i believe it is really good. i just want to know how it stands up against all these other guns that everyone seems to have that ive never heard of ever. i also have the straightline barrel which was DAYEEEEMMMMM expensive. and i seen the video where mr mike talks about getting hpa which is nitrogen tanks right? why are there so many numbers on the nitrogen tanks? like 35/4500 and all these other different combinations? what is ideal for me, im just planning to woodsball. thank you

also, what the hell is velocity? and should i adjust it? with my straightline barrel?

#144 internet91

internet91

Nino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:18 AM

hey wassup people. im fairly new to paintball. had a cheap see thru one for the longest just to shoot things for fun. but now all the sudden me and a lot of friends are gonna try to get into it for real real. well i just bought a tippmann a5. from what i believe it is really good. i just want to know how it stands up against all these other guns that everyone seems to have that ive never heard of ever. i also have the straightline barrel which was DAYEEEEMMMMM expensive. and i seen the video where mr mike talks about getting hpa which is nitrogen tanks right? why are there so many numbers on the nitrogen tanks? like 35/4500 and all these other different combinations? what is ideal for me, im just planning to woodsball. thank you

also, what the hell is velocity? and should i adjust it? with my straightline barrel?

Hey welcome to the sport of paintball and the techpb forums!

In my opinions A5's are pretty good guns for woodsball. Tippmann is a very reliable company and you should have nothing to worry about if it is your first gun. Just be aware that, although there are a lot of mods you can put for it, you do not need them all. You most likely have a Co2 and i highly recommend upgrading it to an HPA tank. Generally speaking, HPA tanks are much more consistent with firing, especially in cold weather. The numbers basically mean how much air the tank can hold, so the larger the number, the more shots you can get off (im sure someone can explain it a little better). If you have money to spend i suggest a 68/4500 since they have the highest resale value - if not a 45/3000 or 68/3000 should do just fine. If you play woodsball make sure you get a remote line for it though! The velocity of your gun determines the fps it shoots. Most fields require it to be under or around 280. Each time you go to a paintball field you should set your velocity to the legal limit. Your owners manual should show you how to adjust it, and i am sure there are also videos on youtube to show you. if not i am sure a ref will be able to help you.

hope this helps! and welcome again!

Edited by internet91, 26 January 2010 - 05:19 AM.

O hay mangs
Forza Palermo!

Feedback 3/0/0

#145 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

hey everybody, im fairly new to paintball, i started out with a brass eagle t-storm, then a vl triad, and i just bought an electro marker from wgp for like 50 bucks, and i was wondering what upgrades are available for this gun such as, bourd upgrades? feednecks? laser eyes? barrels? asa? and stuff like that. if you guys could help me out here it would be great :) thanks

p.s- the gun is called- wgp worr machine eg

Edited by Plan_B_1995, 06 February 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#146 kyag77

kyag77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:16 PM

Is techpb the best? Sorry for stupid question. HAHAHA!

Its a weekday. I wake up and go to school. I get teased for being weird. I know every anwser to the test but decide to forget them. I get turned down for a date. I get home, listen to people screaming constantly. My brother is crying because he lost his game, my mom blames me and tells me to find it even though I never tuched it. I go to bed after eating fried food I hate. I go to sleep to repeat the cycle. Now its a weekend. I show up to the field. For the next 5 hours Im a god.

#147 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

hey everybody, im fairly new to paintball, i started out with a brass eagle t-storm, then a vl triad, and i just bought an electro marker from wgp for like 50 bucks, and i was wondering what upgrades are available for this gun such as, bourd upgrades? feednecks? laser eyes? barrels? asa? and stuff like that. if you guys could help me out here it would be great Posted Image thanks

p.s- the gun is called- wgp worr machine eg

I would save my money if I were you. You shouldn't spend too much money on that, since eventually you might want to upgrade anyway.

If you dont have an HPA tank, that should be your first investment. If you have the money for a nice 68/45 that would be the best option. Though you can get a 68/3000 for much cheaper.

If you dont already have a decent loader, that is your next best bet. Buy the most expensive loader you can afford.

Both of those ^ can be taken and used on whatever gun you buy next.

If you really do want to upgrade your WGP, heres what I would say.

If it doesnt have an on/off ASA, get one. I personally like the BL geardrive asa or the cam drive. Either one. Also the DP RAPS asa is a good one as well.

Clamping feedneck is next.

Other than that, dont spend any money on the gun, because if you get more serious about paintball, you will most likely want to buy a higher end gun eventually, making all of the upgrades you bought useless. That is except for the HPA tank, nice loader, and possibly the ASA.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#148 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

oh thanks man. my mom wouldnt let me spend more than like 100 bucks on my gun lol becuz im still new to it and my parents want to make sur im serious about it b4 i can buy anything decent. will a standard on/off asa fit it? the screws on the bottom are like offset (ones on the right and ones on the left)and im not sure if like a cp on/off will fit it, if you know let me know please.

#149 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

Um it sounds like you need a direct mount asa. There are two types of asa's. There is direct mount which I think is what you are talking about, and there is rail mount.

Offset screws sounds like anything that will fit a spyder will fit your gun. Although I am not sure. I do know that if it is the same spyder style offset screws, you can get an adaptor offset-->inline. Then you can put whatever direct mount asa you want.

Most direct mount asa's are inline, not offset. But like I said you can get an adaptor which is pretty cheap.

Good idea on your parents part to make sure you want to stick with the sport. You may want to play several games before you decide that you want to spend money on upgrades.

for 100 bucks, I would say get an offset --> inline adaptor, a BL gear drive asa, and a clamping feedneck. Maybe if you have 30$ left over, get a cp one piece barrel.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#150 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

ok thanks for the help man, ive been playing alot lately with my freinds (made a homade pb course in the woods behind my house with some lumber from lowes lol) really starting to like it

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users