406 replies to this topic

#101 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

According to Promethean, I have successfully done CockerPunk

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

I gotta put a phantom up here, even though i hope to god they never stop being produced, its a possibility

Why? a Phantom is a great gun. Period.

The Ego9 is a great gun.Period.

a phantom has nothing evolutionary that distinguishes in looks or performance to any other nelson gun.

I would go with the Carter duck after earon dies. or an E Blazer, an E Stroker or typhoon. or Tornado

QUOTE (Cubeman @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

I am now Dr. Jesus-in-a-can for I have Fixed my '95 Autococker
Palmers Pursuit Shop Pump guns For life!

#102 zinger565

zinger565

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

Evil Omen? I know I've hear some bad things along the lines of reliability, but that whole cam-feed thing was pretty sweet :D

Oh, and some of the private label bushy's (Eclipse, Bonebrake, Venom, Zeni, ThunderStruck), along with T2'd bushmasters

Edited by zinger565, 25 August 2009 - 11:40 PM.

www.ICD-Owners.com - For all your ICD needs!

#103 sunshaker

sunshaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

I gotta put a phantom up here, even though i hope to god they never stop being produced, its a possibility

There is already a Phantom on that list, not that you will ever, ever have a chance at owning one, Mike C is hording them. I present the Phantom Revolution http://www.vintagere.....nent Concepts

I think there may be a video of it on youtube somewhere but I don't have time to look right now.

#104 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

e-bolted tippmanns should be on the list, especially the original tippmann effect ones (I dont think any exist anymore but who knows). Any marker with a true aurora finish, not an oil slick anno.

#105 Grandpa

Grandpa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

uhhh my doc's fastback for sure.
maybe my ripper 3? not a ton of those.
my rage alias?
my tipp-sets (locally atleast)
any of my freeflow guns short of the lotus since every pumper and his parents in this great state of new york have one..
Kitty: "I tried to stare at what i wanted then these nice men wearing white coats came and took me to the pretty place and gave me a nice comfy jacket where it made your arms cuddle you...."

#106 Grandpa

Grandpa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

e-bolted tippmanns should be on the list, especially the original tippmann effect ones (I dont think any exist anymore but who knows). Any marker with a true aurora finish, not an oil slick anno.

i have 3 of the 98's and 2 of the very very few a-5s that rick put out. they exist and are plenty (around my parts atleast)
Kitty: "I tried to stare at what i wanted then these nice men wearing white coats came and took me to the pretty place and gave me a nice comfy jacket where it made your arms cuddle you...."

#107 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

I think that the arrow guns with be worth something someday when the fad wears off. It will be one of those guns that you show up at the field with, and everyone's like "holy shit that thing is ancient!" It might even be one of the few old markers that you can still use 20 years from now.

who knows, paintball markers might use some kind of weird new type of gas that will power markers of the future.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#108 Grandpa

Grandpa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

im already setting my tippmann c3 to operate on taco farts

#109 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

i got a feeling about the smart parts EOS. i dont know why...

Posted Image

U83r 1337: I have a natural tendency to tilt my barrel downwards when I pump it, does that mean I'm destined for stock class?Tmaned: Sounds more like you're destined for rollouts.

#110 Sinisterways90

Sinisterways90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:12 AM

I hope to buy a house with my WGP vertebrae some day.

Edited by Sinisterways90, 16 September 2009 - 11:16 AM.

#111 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

Spyder EM1

it was a Impulse clone with a single trigger, few were made and its the only non sear tripping spyder.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#112 quackSH

quackSH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

Tippmann Model 98's not the 98c the old model 98. Seeing as people are buying them used off of ebay and just milling and modding them to the point where they are unrecogniseable a origional bone stock M98 might be worth something.

#113 ian6

ian6

The leagues of Ian's

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:11 AM

tippiman c3
PMR :]

#114 iktpq14

iktpq14

Mr. DEEZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:45 AM

imo the ion...Posted Image yea right
but seriously i thnk the f7 eventually will become one if not the f8 due to dp not making them anymore and they were an awesome gun
Posted Image
BSTfeedback positive +2/ negative +0
updIronmenDM6

#115 Schven79

Schven79

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

Spyder EM1

it was a Impulse clone with a single trigger, few were made and its the only non sear tripping spyder.

I agree. It was a spring return right. I forget if it had an LPR or not. The Raven Primal will be rare two. Its the second of Kingmans only two electropneumatic guns. Not to mention it looks pretty good. Its similiar to a Timmy in certain ways.

Edited by Schven79, 06 September 2009 - 08:38 AM.

#116 devaldoog

devaldoog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

I think the DYE minions will be extremely valuable especially since they only made them for two years

#117 antifat

antifat

King Thread Killer!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:55 AM

Dye didn't make the Minions, Evil did. Well technically Dye made them, but they were released under Evil.

Posted Image

#118 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:28 AM

I'd say the PM8.
DC2 (nexus cocker)
09 Shocktech SFL

#119 Roxcreek

Roxcreek

thinks too much

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

I could almost see A5's becoming vinetage if Tippmann comes up with something that would switch their attention away from such a powerhouse seller. (I have no idea what that might be) I can also see the Automag as becoming more and more valuable (it pretty much already is vinetage). Every time someone comes out with an unopened 68 from their vault, people go nuts. Just for having the packaging still on it usually adds another 2 or 3 hundred dollars onto their procetag.

-Automag RT, UL Body, ULT, Intelli, Air America Raptor Rex.

-2005 MacDev Cyborg with Tadao M5 board.

Posted Image

My AO Feedback

#120 CookieMonster69

CookieMonster69

forum troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

egos are gonna be like timmys
Hey guys, I was banned from TechPB for spamming the forums. Heading back to PBN now

#121 CookieMonster69

CookieMonster69

forum troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

but really the ion is looked down on know but just the memory of it in 10 years will be the most valuable part
Hey guys, I was banned from TechPB for spamming the forums. Heading back to PBN now

#122 drummie224

drummie224

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

i think phantoms will become rare later

#123 mauler184

mauler184

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

hmm defnietly the karni...and quite possibly the new dye nt
Clubs: The Morning Woods Member #6, USA Ballers Member #2, Fail Train Member, Mobile Phone Militia Member #8, Snake Players Club President , Protect And Serve Club, Speed Ball Mafia Member, Bad Ass Nazi Killing Member #9 a.k.a Anti-Grammar Nazi, Adrenaline Junkies,Lets All buy An Ego And Drink The Magic Kool-Aid Member,Xbox 360 owners club, Nfl Fanboys club,hispanic balelrs club,Ironmen fan #47

Guys if pease help me by putting your opinions in this thread Please!http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=64132
Posted Image

#124 jigser

jigser

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

Phantom will not be a classic since its still being sold and cci wont take it off the shelf coz thats their company's jewelry..

the 1st LCD angel Classic

#125 AYERS22

AYERS22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

Put your opinion on which guns purchased today, will be worth alot of money in the future

In my opinion, the WGP Karnivor is going to be worth a fortune in the future. Think of the Nexus Autocockers, the Karni almost rivals that in terms of quality of build, etc

You can get them for $400 right now from FirstCall

Don't open the box, don't mess with it, put it in your attic. In about 5 to 10 years, they'll be worth 3 times that price

i would say a quest or a 05 ego just cause it was planet eclipse's first maker. and now that there a power house in the paintball world.
Feedback 1-0

#126 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

Put your opinion on which guns purchased today, will be worth alot of money in the future

In my opinion, the WGP Karnivor is going to be worth a fortune in the future. Think of the Nexus Autocockers, the Karni almost rivals that in terms of quality of build, etc

Don't open the box, don't mess with it, put it in your attic. In about 5 to 10 years, they'll be worth 3 times that price

i would say a quest or a 05 ego just cause it was planet eclipse's first maker. and now that there a power house in the paintball world.

yes because planet never made any really amazing cockers before ever considering copying the timmy style marker.

#127 Raptor

Raptor

Your gene pool could use a little chlorine.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Nexus dc2's are pretty rare-a few few months ago on ebay one went for ever 1000 dollars.
What sucks ill never get one. Posted Image

#128 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

Evil Omen? I know I've hear some bad things along the lines of reliability, but that whole cam-feed thing was pretty sweet :D

Oh, and some of the private label bushy's (Eclipse, Bonebrake, Venom, Zeni, ThunderStruck), along with T2'd bushmasters

No, sorry but Evil Omen's are going to be worth LESS in the future than they are now, those guns were a fucking nightmare to say the least

I'd much rather throw the paintballs they try to get them to shoot out of an Omen LOL

But a good try though! Could be a good museum piece, as in what NOT to do LOL

#129 dEATh

dEATh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

No, sorry but Evil Omen's are going to be worth LESS in the future than they are now, those guns were a fucking nightmare to say the least

I'd much rather throw the paintballs they try to get them to shoot out of an Omen LOL

But a good try though! Could be a good museum piece, as in what NOT to do LOL

Looking at firearms the Chauchat is/was supposedly an awful machine gun, but it has recently gained a value to collectors for just that reason, that however is not a guarantee that the Evil Omen will be worth more it just depends on how many nutters like me you can find. If it's odd, stupid or just not a good idea; I want one.
Any misspelled words in this post and or reply to a post is to the above mentioned dEATh (d E A T h).
Any attempts to copy and or duplicate and or sell any of the above mentioned misspellings will result in a criminal law-suit.

#130 mouth2009

mouth2009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

yes because planet never made any really amazing cockers before ever considering copying the timmy style marker.

YES THANK YOU! tho i do have to agree due to the amount of people shooting egos and the fact PE was doing a trade in offer send in your 05-06 egos for discounted newer ego's i belive the ego5 will be worth something in the future. tho since they are doing the trade in so they can stop producing fix it parts good luck keeping them in working order much longer. and i belive in the timmy line the classics are going to be the dragun, the ripper series, the a-bomb, and the shocktech (have you seen that thing it is INSANE) all others i kinda see staying where they are now. im going to take a shot in the dark and say the dmc and alot of the shocktech markers please dont flame to much Posted Image

#131 House

House

"AutomagSniper"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

you can still buy the ice epic - right? That's my vote. Rare to start out with - only a couple of moving parts - so they'll work forever.

That's my vote. I got to shoot one and they're simply amazing. If I wasn't off to the military soon here and could justify buying one I would.

Posted Image

:ph34r: House

Posted Image

#132 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

maybe the wgp mg7. seem to be pretty uncommon as it is. And I have a feeling most will get thrown away of hide in attics for years.

#133 Sencha

Sencha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

AGD guns...name it and it will be wanted down the line. I know I want to get some Emag's Xmags and RT's...ICD will have a rise among the old guard. PPS, CM, some CCI, etc.

Gun attachments will be important. The Longbow Sniper kit for tac ones for example. That sort of thing will be valuable.

Some of the intimidator line will be wanted just for cool factor. Naughty Dogs Intimidator? I could totally see someone being shocked in even 5 years that their used to be a team by that name (I didnt have long term faith in them staying around when I got my ND timmy and still dont...but I root for them)And they are a distinct looking marker. When I saw the gen 3 lineup they jumped out at me.

Alot of pistols will be seen as neat collector pieces (Pychoballistics .68, ariakon overlord etc) thanks to them not really catching on and being beated out by tac 8 and tpx.

Any gun from custom shops. Distinctly custom from some "big name" shop will always be worth more. Doc's guns will fetch a pretty penny for being awesome and more for anyone who knows of him.

As for the karni...that one is a truism. I bought mine about 2 years ago, before i heard of Techpb and when I saw him talking about them I was nodding my head in agreeance the whole time. This is the perfection of the autocockers in my opinion. And Im glad to see them get the recognition they deserve! The Autocoker SR may be of some value way way down the line as that one has yet to catch on in peoples minds and I blame that on the front pneumatics they brought out.

PS: If you are gonna customize a gun, and I mean do something so it can never be original again go all out. Gonna build a mini cocker, might as well halfblock fastback anno 3 different colous, mill the grip... whatever just do it too. All out custom or stock (swap boards but keep the original, grips, etc)

Edited by Sencha, 29 November 2009 - 04:24 PM.

"Well i just made it through the cane break, got one foot in the mud. I can hear the hounds a baying but the snake around my ankle tells me my running days are done!"

#134 Sencha

Sencha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

but really the ion is looked down on know but just the memory of it in 10 years will be the most valuable part

Kind of like with cars. People will pay extra for something they had when they were younger....but they won't be doing that with ions....thats like people wanting a cavalier...they were ok but not great.

Think of the turnover on collector items in various other markets. In ten years a car is usualy worth maybe 3000, and in twenty years 500-800 if its still running and in ok shape (Id rather estimate percentages based off values in prior decades but you get the gist of what Im saying. Now no matter what it is when it hits 30 years old its value goes up again because they are hard to find and some people reminisce....So far in paintball I've noticed that in 5 years guns are worth maybe a 20% (Gen 3 timmys for $300) of what they were new and after that their value slowly so so slowly goes up. Anything 15 years old, like early spider semi's fulfill a niche and someone will want them even just for the fact of having it. And anything twenty years plus ....you want to grab it! And as collectors start to hoard away whats left on the market will go up....
"Well i just made it through the cane break, got one foot in the mud. I can hear the hounds a baying but the snake around my ankle tells me my running days are done!"

#135 Mombo

Mombo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

Sl 91's for sale on ebay!

somelike like 7000 at least ... bids started at 1 $ ...

:o

#136 House

House

"AutomagSniper"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

Sl 91's for sale on ebay!

somelike like 7000 at least ... bids started at 1 $ ...

Posted Image

Yea, that things rare now. Can't imagine it in the future...

Posted Image

#137 JJohnson

JJohnson

Vintage marker Hoarder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:14 PM

Airow gun is one that comes to mind. A novelty item right now. Definately unique, and I don't think they've made a ton of them so they should be worth something in the future

Combat Paintball

The satisfaction that you get with an electro is that you won. The satisfaction you get with a pump is how you won.

#138 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Do Tippmann C3's use propane only? Or can the use Co2/ HPA. I found one on my local website, and I was just thinking...

And Autocockers, I see them being worth something.

Edited by schulzy, 09 December 2009 - 04:24 PM.

sigwf.png

#139 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

propane only.

#140 NuMnUm9000

NuMnUm9000

Tiger Blood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

Someone said the PM8. I have to agree. The last of the true PM series. The first NT. The Luxe. I think IONs will be worth more in ten years for the simple fact people will remember that if it was there first tourney gun. Tippmann C3 because it uses propane. And I want a Karni now, I'll still want one in ten years LOL. Alrhough by then they will probably remake the Karni, making the original more

Action Park Paintball

I play in the dead box.

#141 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Add the LUXE to this list

#142 De Blazer

De Blazer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Someone said the PM8. I have to agree. The last of the true PM series. The first NT. The Luxe. I think IONs will be worth more in ten years for the simple fact people will remember that if it was there first tourney gun. Tippmann C3 because it uses propane. And I want a Karni now, I'll still want one in ten years LOL. Alrhough by then they will probably remake the Karni, making the original more

sorry but IMHO, any electro that was on the market 4 years ago and is not a Emag or cocker, is pretty much worthless. Shockers were the first successful full Electro and sports are being sold for $150.

There's nothing special about a PM8, or an ion, or an NT because today, markers are perfect. they don't chop, go down, they are consistent. but today, an Xmag is worth alot because it wasnt mass produced and were really inovative at the time.

I believe the marker that will still be going up in price are K2's, The Cammile if it was found and Ducks.
"The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"-Glenn Palmer

Put this in your sig if you have played 2 man ten ball with ninja dave himself :)

Orange Parts PM8. Take a peek:)

#143 Blastman

Blastman

Super Awesome Amazing Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

Mike:Ive got your old karni in the mail to me right now :D , the one you did the shows with...
Posted Image
OG Club-For the real TechPBers.

#144 outkastmike

outkastmike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

09 Impulse
Occam's razor...."All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

#145 zop1o

zop1o

megasuperawesomelazerbeamrailgun ofepicdoomandstuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

i think the 09 impulse will be known as the downfall of SP
Marq's men founder. flex owner. I AM A MUPPET! C.O.C. member 91. pump/stock players president. Karnivor Owner councilman. Old School Owner. GUN WHORE.
Posted Image
zop1o's marq and auto cocker tuning and repair services
zop1o's feedback2/0/0

#146 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

SL91 :dodgy:

#147 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

This sounds noobish, but I think the original model 98's might become classics someday. The technology is old, but they are still common.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#148 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

^umm... never, they're are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY........... to many of them.

you have to look for private label models, bot guns that were pumped out of a Factory...

#149 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

This sounds noobish, but I think the original model 98's might become classics someday. The technology is old, but they are still common.

model 98's are old? man, I feel old.

#150 JJohnson

JJohnson

Vintage marker Hoarder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

^umm... never, they're are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY........... to many of them.

you have to look for private label models, bot guns that were pumped out of a Factory...

The 20th Anniversary ones should be worth something. 3000 of them made, I picked one up from a guy for $80 earlier this year.

Combat Paintball

The satisfaction that you get with an electro is that you won. The satisfaction you get with a pump is how you won.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users