• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 m95jp

m95jp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

So i might buy an automag RT. But before I do I want to know what upgrades I will be able to do to it. I read somewher that you cant put the X valve in a regular RT. If i put a ULE body on it will i be able to? Can I even put a ULE body on it? My main thing is the ULE so i can have vertical feed, but a x valve down the road would me nice. So what should I do?

#2 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

If it is a Classic RT like this:

Posted Image

Then the only upgrades you can do besides airline related stuff and a hopper is the barrel, bolt, and some grip frames. The RT Classics have a full-length body, a gas through rail, a specific valve to fit in the body, and a banjo-bolt to get air from the rail to the valve. The valve is fed through the bottom, as opposed to other automag valves which have the air-ports on the sides. The grip frame needs a bigger rear screw hole as the banjo bolt is what holds it together instead of a 10/32 field-strip screw.

A RT Pro like this:

Posted Image

can take all the standard Automag bodies, rails, valves, bolts, on/offs, barrels, frames, etc.

They look similar, but the easiest way to tell the difference is either the 6 ports in the RT Classic rail or the full length body, or even just to look for how the air-line is run to the valve.

Edited by Watcher, 29 June 2009 - 08:19 PM.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#3 m95jp

m95jp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the help. Its defiantly a classic RT. I guess il keep looking

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users