Photo

Grillz Vs. Flex's Vs. Events

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Grillz Vs. Flex's (142 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Grillz (61 votes [43.57%])

Percentage of vote: 43.57%

2. Voted Flex (34 votes [24.29%])

Percentage of vote: 24.29%

3. Voted Events (39 votes [27.86%])

Percentage of vote: 27.86%

4. i3 (1 votes [0.71%])

Percentage of vote: 0.71%

5. i3 Pro (5 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 WinnieTheShit

WinnieTheShit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

(YES IM BIAS TOWARDS THE FLEX)
why...?
Light
Confort
When you talk it doesnt sound like your screaming in your own ear
bounces
cheap
look ballin as hell

#52 Dillon

Dillon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

grillz.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over 30k, My text was too big, I didn't read the rules but I want to become a mod anyway? :)

#53 Violent

Violent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

Grillz-Grillz are very cool looking we all know. But there is the controversy about the dip in the forehead. You really shouldn't get shot there much and it isn't that different from getting shot in the head in a different place. It hurts and gives you a headache. But the two things that keep me from getting another pair of grillz are price and how when your talking your voice travels up the mask and into your ears so its almost like you're yelling at yourself.

Flex-I have a flex and have had one for a while now. They get a lot of bounces and are highly customizable. Some draw backs that people point out are that the bottoms and soft ears don't have enough covering. However I have been shot in both (not purposly) and it really isn't as bad as it seems. Ears numb quick so that pain doesn't last long. The lenses also are a pain in the ass to take out but thats not that big of a deal.

Events-In my opinion the events are ugly and hard to breath in. They don't get many bounces either which isn't good.

I3s/I3 Pros-Never worn these but once and it wasn't playing. They seemed a little tight even with the strap loose.
QUOTE (y2ksurvivor)
can I hyper fap with robo hands??

#54 AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

I have Pro I3's and Grillz, and I prefer the Grillz just because I can remove the lenses in 10 seconds.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#55 ktown4life1337

ktown4life1337

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

I love everything about my events other then the fact it's hella hard to breath in them. once you start moving and breathing heavy, all you hear is your own breathing really loudly. Love the look though.

#56 edinator

edinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

I prefer the flex, it's just so comfortable. To be honest though, i haven't tried the Dye masks.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#57 invertballer

invertballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

events ftw

#58 piemiester

piemiester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

i voted grills... great mask, great lens/field of vision, great protection.

BUT YOU GOTTA LOVE THE CLASSIC PROFILER!

#59 Peety

Peety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

i voted grills... great mask, great lens/field of vision, great protection.

BUT YOU GOTTA LOVE THE CLASSIC PROFILER!

how are profilers classic?

the all time classic and time tested mask are flexes. i also really love grillz, but flexes are the heart of paintball masks.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was way over the size limit of 30k

#60 kguerreroaz

kguerreroaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

PROFLEXS IMO
but now everyone is goin back to i3s because somehow they are now agg again idk

#61 piemiester

piemiester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

how are profilers classic?

the all time classic and time tested mask are flexes. i also really love grillz, but flexes are the heart of paintball masks.

lol, yeah, i know the flex's are the classic. i'm just saying, you guys forgot about the profilers, which are a great mask.

#62 Im4EverKing

Im4EverKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

Flexs are nice, but I have to say grills are my favorite oy face, but out of Events, Flex, and Dye Invisions. Grills just feel best on my face. Its all about personal persenol perefrence.

what the heck? your wearing them on your face??? what an innovative concept. everyone should probably try putting the masks on our face and see how that feels...
>> Anyone who's got a White Flex for sale hit me up <<

My image was over the 30k, im so naughty.

#63 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

E-vents. Grillz dont fit me well
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#64 english_ball-er

english_ball-er

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:48 AM

i love my e-vent and i hate the grillz cos they look like a breif case on your head and also there is that funny lump thats dips down on the forhead which is horrible
Too often, we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother.... upside the head.
proto marix owners group
95% of all teens would go into a panic if the Jonas brothers were on a 100 foot building about to jump. copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends while yelling "JUMP JUMP JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#65 Sikdawg03

Sikdawg03

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

I like the Events and the I3 Pros because it fits to the shape of my face and my ears fit. I have huge ears. Flex's are sick.
AFFLICTION

#66 motoguy1251

motoguy1251

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

Two words.
Photochromatic lenses.
Posted Image
Ferris State University Paintball Club President
Cocker Commando Army

#67 coryhupfer

coryhupfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

i think im gettin grillz now

#68 Nico Canada

Nico Canada

Badass MC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

I would like the flexs but i have a cut on my ear from hockey and the flexs dont really cover that so it kills if i get shot there. I love my White events though. there's pretty sexyy. So I'm going with the EVENTS (Y)
<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->Canadians Ballers Club #31

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#69 DanTheMan

DanTheMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

flex or grillz and fuck the rest
Russian Legion Fan Club #13

#70 minor threat18

minor threat18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:50 AM

Flex all the way, get a nice strap and cool bottoms just to look awesome
young gunz club
Flex Owners Club
pm me if you know a team name I could use

#71 SotallyTober

SotallyTober

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

I like the flex. Comfy customizable. I had I3s but I found myself wearing the flex more. Ironically my I3's got stolen along with my car, so I just stick to my flex.
Leykis 101 Student

#72 The RB

The RB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

The Grill is awesome. I've never fogged it out but I have condensed the lense a couple of times to where I cant see 10' in front of me on some long runs and on some hot and humid days.

My advice is to buy the replacement foam and switch it out when you need to....or learn how to not sweat.

#73 Trickedego

Trickedego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:25 PM

All the masks up above are good masks..except for the i3's...

lol^^^

I personally like flex's. Im not a agg hk fanboy with double straps, hk stickers, and 100 headbands but i do like the breathability and how light they are. My grills are great but i love the comfort the flex gives me. the grills vision is a little bit better but you get used to the flex's vision
Dynasty fan #27
Aftermath fan #5
Damage fan #10

#74 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

i havent had any regrets with my events. It offered more protection then a flex and im tired of getting half shells hitting my mouth and cheeks

Cubeman

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#75 Farquhar =D

Farquhar =D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

I prefer the Events tbh...

#76 rambombed

rambombed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

out of these choices grillz but save some money and get the profilers they are basicly the same thing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users