• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NoLucK

NoLucK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:58 AM

On the 4th on July 2009 Me and some friends decided to go camping on some national trust grounds in Brighton and Hove in the UK. To make a long story short my we had a very nice night camping out untill around 1 in the morning when 3, 17 year old guys turned up and started to shoot at us with a paintball marker without warning. In the end this leads to a comfrontation and my friend being hit on the head with the tank end of the gun. Paramedic where the only people to turn up on the scene 15-20 minuets after the incident and the 3 people had ran away. Now I would class these people as "Chavs" which is a slang term for people who generally live in council houseing, low income familys and often have a criminal record for several offences.

Now I DONT blame paintball for this but i just wanted to get the word out becuase at the time the Police who we contacted several times did not even show up to gather a statement or even protect us from further harm becuase they had "Better things to do", I know that paintball players are nothing like this at all as most are respectable people, but the fact that people can just gain access to a paintball gun without any permit / registration is very disconcerning at the least.

Overall i would like it if Mike Phillips read this and maybey create some sort of topic or video with all the Dark insidences with paintball, I know this isnt nice to look at but if we want better safty and protection in games and also safty for outselfs when we are going along with our day to day lives, becuase allthough paintballs are less harmfull than real guns but then again you dont have large ammounts of well known websites sells real guns.

This is just a shout out to Mike Phillips to read this and anyone els who has had a bad experience or acident with a paintball marker.

Thanks for being the one to listen TechPB

And yes, i still love the sport and will still play it. :)

#2 Mr.Cool

Mr.Cool

U mirin?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

dude that sucks I'm glad you don't think of all paintball players like that

#3 Logan_MML

Logan_MML

Monday Morning Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

It just comes with the territory, there are stupid people out there. And stupid people will find stupid ways to do stupid things, no matter what. Where I live you have to be 18 years old, an adult, in order to purchase a paintball marker. An adult should have enough responsibility not to do anything stupid with their marker, however stupid people do stupid things. ;)

#4 NoLucK

NoLucK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Yeah, This was a bad experience but i think if people could learn from this in a possative way then that would make this incident alot better to think about.

Also the people which did this will probally get away with it which is also a sad truth, event though i managed to keep the t-shirt from one of the guys when you took it off at one point.

#5 NoLucK

NoLucK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

It just comes with the territory, there are stupid people out there. And stupid people will find stupid ways to do stupid things, no matter what. Where I live you have to be 18 years old, an adult, in order to purchase a paintball marker. An adult should have enough responsibility not to do anything stupid with their marker, however stupid people do stupid things. ;)

Heh thanks i mean the support here is great and i hold nothing against paintball in fact i love it, im just glad people here could try and learn some safty tips when playing paintball from an incident like this. Becuase i remember the lady in the car park having her baby hit with a paintball to the head, i really can simpathise now with her.

#6 GoldenElite0

GoldenElite0

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

Where I live you have to be 18 years old, an adult, in order to purchase a paintball marker.

It's the same in the UK, though all the guns owner had to do in this case was either get his parents to buy it, or come across a bad paintsball salesman. Or he could of stolen it.

#7 Martin_Wales

Martin_Wales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

I hate chavs so much :angry:

#8 Boyd

Boyd

My life is one giant *facepalm*.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

In Canada it's 18+ to purchase (at least in Ontario)
There should be more serious punishments.

I can think of two ways to help avoid paintball shootings:
1. (I know some ballers will disagree) Make it illegal to sell paintball markers for under $150-$200. This could eliminate some of the jackasses who decide to go to wall mart or crappy tire(Canadian Tire) and buy a $60 marker, only for the sake of shooting pedestrians.

2. Make it necessary to not only show a photo ID when buying a marker, but to also list your: name, phone number and home address.

QUOTE (idontwalk @ May 15 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take a shit in the bitches living room with a note saying "get the guns back or it happens again". Cause after all, who wants to clean up a pile of shit in the middle of their living room...twice.

#9 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

Moved to Paintball News > Negative Paintball News

- Murph

#10 NoLucK

NoLucK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

Hey i thought i would just update you on the situation right now, its Monday the 6th of July 2009 the case has been reported by my local newpaper called The Argus, but unfortunatly they have incorrectly gathered the details, they said the "yobs" slang terms for hooligans or trouble makers where shooting cows, when actually they where but more importantly us and that one of the "yobs" got hit the the gun? now why would they "the ones with the gun" get hit round the face? Well im trying to contact the editor to change it but here is a link of it so far. *Note my comment underneither the article* =]

http://www.theargus....oginattempt=yes

#11 shooptek

shooptek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

In Canada it's 18+ to purchase (at least in Ontario)
There should be more serious punishments.

I can think of two ways to help avoid paintball shootings:
1. (I know some ballers will disagree) Make it illegal to sell paintball markers for under $150-$200. This could eliminate some of the jackasses who decide to go to wall mart or crappy tire(Canadian Tire) and buy a $60 marker, only for the sake of shooting pedestrians.

2. Make it necessary to not only show a photo ID when buying a marker, but to also list your: name, phone number and home address.

The problem with #1 is that it would severely hurt the sport, as many NEW players would be discouraged from buying their own gear as they would have to throw down a considerable amount of cash just to get into the game. I see the thinking behind it, but I think it would only hurt the growth of the sport in the end.

Keep up with Bunkerama:
Twitter | YouTube | Bunkerama.com

#12 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

I think that dude wrote that article in all of two minuets with out doing any reporter work at all.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users