• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CQB102

CQB102

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

I think that the only good thing that BT has ever produced is the APEX tip and even then people dont use the barrel that is comes with they either put it on a LAPCO or a Stiffi from special ops. In my opinon their guns are worthless and the APEX is the only good thing that has come out of there design room.
--> Cheap paint and Qloaders DO NOT mix. <--

--> www.redzcomfort.com <--

#2 masspb

masspb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

just curious why do you say that? the apex is indeed a nice product but whats wrong with their other stuff?

#3 BRIK

BRIK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

I personally prefer the BT line to anything Tippmann...they have better customer service, the designs are more thought out and better made...
Also, the same guy that designed the Tippmann 98 and the A5 is the same Ben Tippmann that designed the bt lineup...
BT's new soft good lineup has better quality than most vests, gloves, jerseys and pants that I've seen throughout the paintball industry...!

#4 rntlee

rntlee

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

In my opinon their guns are worthless and the APEX is the only good thing that has come out of there design room.

IMO, unless you've actually owned a BT, your opinion is worthless. I've owned a dozen different markers and BT's are well made and tough as the hubs of hell.

#5 CQB102

CQB102

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:59 AM

i have owned BT's and they were all pieces of crap and were a waste of money. as for there soft goods i have not used but i am talking about the markers here
--> Cheap paint and Qloaders DO NOT mix. <--

--> www.redzcomfort.com <--

#6 rntlee

rntlee

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

i have owned BT's and they were all pieces of crap and were a waste of money. as for there soft goods i have not used but i am talking about the markers here

hmmm, sounds like you're just a hater...or do you care to justify your comment. Otherwise WTF are you doing in the BT forum?

#7 DeeRoc671

DeeRoc671

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:22 PM

I thought BT and Tippman were under the same company
Sorry guys, I thought it would be funny to tell the moderators at TechPB to "fuck off bitches", and I told Kitty "Go ahead and change my sig again you bitch!" and I was banned from the forum

#8 Guest_lego_*

Guest_lego_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

i think they are under the same company as their is a utube vid of ben tippman talking about one of his bt4 markers!! i dont get what this kids problem is with bt markers mine seems fine but then again i havent fired it yet haha and its not fully customised yet still a standard bt4 delta but with name plate removed). i opened it up to check everything and none of the parts look shoddy to me i think it will be a good marker!!

#9 BRIK

BRIK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

BT and Tippmann are not the same company. Ben Tippmann was responsible for the design of the 98 and A5, but he left Tippmann Pneumatics and started BT.

#10 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:07 AM

I use the Apex on my Freak system for both my ION Longbow and my A5. It's pretty good but the ramp seems pretty delicate. Their support is awesome though. Just tell'em you need a replacement ramp, and they'll send you one or two for free, no questions asked.

Haven't had the opportunity to check out their guns or soft goods yet but look forward to doing so.

#11 simplecomplexity1

simplecomplexity1

Not Telling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

BT was a startup company after the rights to Tippmann were sold. Since then, BT has also been bought, this time by KEE Action Sports. I'd watch to see what Ben comes out with next.
For when the One Great Scorer comes,
To write against your name,
He marks ---not that you won or lost---
But how you played the game.

--- Grantland Rice

#12 Samek1337

Samek1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:32 PM

Well, as far as I played with Apex Tip + Lapco Big Shot, I have to say, that it is very good. Especially like the "curved ball" feature, and was getting a lot of complaints about it being a cheat. Just turn it, and shoot a bit high, and you have a ball that goes around corners :D
Die, n00b.

#13 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:58 AM

After owning 2 different guns with APEX tips I think I can have some sort of say into the matter.

Tippmann Alpha black with 16" SP linear barrel with tape mod APEX and BT4 SWAT with stock APEX
The gun was quiet and the trick shots were really cool. Seeing balls curve this and that way that is. But the radius of the curve is ridiculously large. I had to do some weird shooting angles to get the ball in the right area, let alone on target (dive, and curve shots)

The backspin mode definately works. But the accuracy isn't really there at the max settings, you have to arch the gun up to have the ball clear the ground (if you have an apex and have used it on setting 8 you know what I mean). So you have to arc the gun up anyways so what's the point?

Another thing I noticed with the APEX barrel is that it makes you want to be a camper to get the shot "dialed in" as they say on the box. Camping usually gets you shot...

just my 2 cents :)

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#14 Voudim

Voudim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Very Pointless topic but just to remark are you saying BT TM line is shit? as I heard they are both great and there loaders are sweet. Somebody need to close this topic for real... but my friend's Bt 4 is completely broken for a odd reason.
No referral links in sig, thanks.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)