64 replies to this topic

#1 McQuag

McQuag

bɐʁʇ ᘃөqI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

By: Caroline W. Donaldson, D.V.M. From January 1998 to January 2003, the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) received 44 calls regarding paintball ingestion by dogs that subsequently developed clinical signs.
In some cases, the dogs may have ingested as many as 500 paintballs at one time. Paintball ingredients vary depending on the manufacturer...
In dogs, the most common clinical signs reported to the ASPCA APCC were vomiting (with or without paint) ataxia, diarrhea, and tremors. These signs occurred as early as one hour after ingestion.
In two cases, the dogs were euthanized because their central nervous system signs were unresponsive to treatment; no other deaths were reported.
The exact number of ingested paintballs required to cause clinical signs is unknown. In one case, a 90-lb (41-kg) Labrador retriever showed clinical signs after ingesting 15 paintballs.

If you believe that your dog is a victim of Paintball Poisoning, please refer to - or direct your veterinarian to the following website: http://www.aspca.org....pdf?docID=1521

Thank you,
Wayne and Jackie Dollack

#2 Newbie123(Dalton)

Newbie123(Dalton)

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

Well when you dog swallows 500 paintballs, i would expect that it wouldnt be healthy... its just common sense...

#3 . . . SaVAgE . . .

. . . SaVAgE . . .

Being investigated by TechPB...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

Same thing would happens to us ..
It's common sense .

#4 McQuag

McQuag

bɐʁʇ ᘃөqI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

What happens when your shooting in your back yard and you spill some paintballs, your dog comes and eats them.

#5 johnthemon29

johnthemon29

Love me tender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

your dogs a dumbass. lol jk. but pick them up??
Want help us STOP banning Paintball in Germany? Click here! And put this into your sig!
We can either go out and play or go out and play and know what the fuck we are doing. -ced

CO-Captin of lacrosse playes club!!!!! :P

#6 Dr. Isotope

Dr. Isotope

Rangers... mount up.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Dogs are as dumb as shit, so this is wholly unsurprising.
"A good man can be stupid and still be good. But a bad man must have brains." --Maxim Gorky

#7 Newbie123(Dalton)

Newbie123(Dalton)

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

Hey, fuck you dogs arent dumb. My dog isnt dumb, shes actually pretty smart. Just because some dog (that one dog) is stupid dosent mean ALL dogs are dumb. So shut it. =)

#8 deadman

deadman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm sure a dog would be fine if it ate like one paintball, but holy crap if it ate 500, I'd expect the dog to be sick. That's 1/4 of a case, or $18 dollars worth of marballizers. :blink:
Bob Long Vice and Upped 09 SLG F/S/T
http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61512

#9 Coconut

Coconut

"My home is in my head" -Bob Marley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

My dogs have eatin a shit load of paint before. I was shooting at my backstop of my horseshoe pits in my backyard and when I came out later, my dogs had licked up the whole backstop that was COVERED in paint. I didn't do anything to them but my dog isn't the smartest in the world. She also likes to chew on 2x4's and fallen down palm tree leaves in my backyard(you know, the ones with sharp ass spikes all the way down the branch).
Who says paintball is meant to be a fun sport?Posted Image

I ain't going to Living Legends 3 to have a good time, I'm going there to make a fucking point of who runs that scenario game :-)

#10 Coconut

Coconut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

What happens when your shooting in your back yard and you spill some paintballs, your dog comes and eats them.

You slap the shit out of your dog and you pick them up. I understand it didn't do anything to my dogs this time but it doesn't mean im going to just let them eat the shit. Pick up after yourself for your dogs safety.

I ain't going to Living Legends 3 to have a good time, I'm going there to make a fucking point of who runs that scenario game :-)

#11 Dr. Isotope

Dr. Isotope

Rangers... mount up.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hey, fuck you dogs arent dumb. My dog isnt dumb, shes actually pretty smart. Just because some dog (that one dog) is stupid dosent mean ALL dogs are dumb. So shut it. =)

A "smart" dog is essentially equivalent to a retarded any-other-animal. Squirrels are infinitely more intelligent, and they are fluffy-tailed rats. Hell, sparrows are more intelligent, and they have brains the size of pinto beans.

If you are under the impression that your dog is smart, you are categorized as a "dog person" and your opinion is worth about as much as an empty beer can. So less than a nickel.
"A good man can be stupid and still be good. But a bad man must have brains." --Maxim Gorky

#12 slgballa94

slgballa94

first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

a couple is fine! just don't feed a case to it! its kind of common sense.
Pump/Stock Players Clan
~first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban from pacostacos88~

#13 ExcessiveEgo

ExcessiveEgo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

my friends black lab ate half a bag of paint and was just fine...... he usto eat them all the time when we were practicing.... im sure it affects all dogs differently, same as some people are allergic to some foods that others arent.
Competition doesn't kill companies........Smartparts does........AKA for life

My Collection - My Collection Updated

#14 betacompany3stkr

betacompany3stkr

Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

My dog is really stupid. We were sittin around a campfire and he went to see my mom but walked right through the fire pit in the ashes just next to the fire. He jumped out of that pretty quick. :)
Back, I am.

#15 TaintedEvil

TaintedEvil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

They dont eat them if you break them. We played outlaw ball in one of my dads friends woods. Really nice woodsball field actually, solid bunkers. But anyway, he told us if we saw any old paintball on the ground to break them so his dogs wouldnt eat them.

Crossfire 68/4500 F/S/T | My Moderator Application
QUOTE (PrometheanFlame @ Aug 28 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Die, spam-thread! Die! Cut off the head and burn it, or it will rise from its grave on the next full moon!

#16 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

That's crazy. My dog chases after paintballs all the time when we are playing, thinking we are playing high speed fetch.

No more ballin' for him.

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#17 Coconut

Coconut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

They dont eat them if you break them. We played outlaw ball in one of my dads friends woods. Really nice woodsball field actually, solid bunkers. But anyway, he told us if we saw any old paintball on the ground to break them so his dogs wouldnt eat them.

Maybe his dogs dont but you cant speak for all dogs. Did you read my earlier post??

#18 . . . SaVAgE . . .

. . . SaVAgE . . .

Being investigated by TechPB...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

The thing though , if you ( as a human ) Eat 500 Paintballs , Your going to be sick , Have the Shits , Throw up . Thats the same thing happening to the dogs . It's just the fact that your eatting all of the paint and even though it's not toxic . It's still gonna make you sick .

It's just funny how these people who made this statement , are just pointing out the most obvious thing in the world . lol

#19 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

I remember when my dog ate about 30 paintballs we had to get his stomach pumped. Poor puppy... :(

Edited by Sgt Moose, 07 July 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#20 tracerfire

tracerfire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:39 AM

instant death if they eat monsterballs...lol...assuming they can actually break them to get to the paint
Cheaters always wipe, Wipers always cheat
Bonusballs are for pinball not paintball

#21 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

I've eaten monsterballs before. Let me tell you, they taste like warm, runny, spoiled butter and makes you want to puke.
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#22 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

I will step out and say it..........My dog is retarded. He's eaten about half a pod of paintballs before.........and it didnt seem to bother him......He also ate about 15 reballs...................................................tard dog

Posted Image

#23 iktpq14

iktpq14

Mr. DEEZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

i knew this for along tie my feilds (which is waynes world) site has a warning on it that paintballs are toxic to animals

but it takes more then 2-3 of them to make them sick most likely around like 15-30 depending on the size of it

Edited by iktpq14, 20 August 2009 - 01:39 PM.

Posted Image
BSTfeedback positive +2/ negative +0
updIronmenDM6

#24 Jaldrich

Jaldrich

Hip-hop-popotamus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

A "smart" dog is essentially equivalent to a retarded any-other-animal. Squirrels are infinitely more intelligent, and they are fluffy-tailed rats. Hell, sparrows are more intelligent, and they have brains the size of pinto beans.

If you are under the impression that your dog is smart, you are categorized as a "dog person" and your opinion is worth about as much as an empty beer can. So less than a nickel.

I don't see to many seeing eye rats/squirrels/sparrows
I don't see to many epileptic warning rats/squirrels/sparrows

Some dogs can be trained to all kinds of crazy stuff, from leading blind people to doing complicated tricks. Some dogs can easily be classified as "smart" and its idiotic people like ^this guy who throw out their "opinions" as facts just so they can tell you your opinion is worthless.

#25 fenderplayer007

fenderplayer007

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

new strategy store paintballs on a shelf not the floor hopefully it will work
Christian Baller, USA Baller, Paintball vs Idiots member, Speedball Mafia mid player,Techpb Night Owl, Redz Owners Club Founder

if ur parents pay for all ur gear and ur under 18 put this in ur sig

#26 dave3066

dave3066

Hit 'em up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

If a dog eats 500 marbles or 500 paintball sized gobstoppers, hes gunna get sick...

im eating gobbstoppers right now :) my friends lab eats his and other dogs shit whenever we take him for a walk.....
FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM
Russian Legion Fan #35
FBM Factory "Chris Griffin"
FBM FBM FBM
FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM FBM

#27 Mockstar

Mockstar

Enlarged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

My dogs eaten a whole tube of SL33K before, a bottle of asprin, toothpaste, a tube of neosporin a bag of halloween snickers..........her own SHIT!!! I don't think a few paintballs will stop her.

#28 Schven79

Schven79

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Theres dogs at both my local fields who eat paintballs all day and they're perfectly fine.

#29 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

According to Promethean, I have successfully done CockerPunk

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Dude, My dog has eaten more paintballs than I My Autococker has shot!

I always drop some and he starts shitting Yellow and orange poop

QUOTE (Cubeman @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

I am now Dr. Jesus-in-a-can for I have Fixed my '95 Autococker
Palmers Pursuit Shop Pump guns For life!

#30 Schven79

Schven79

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

HAHA! Thats just gross.

#31 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

Dude, My dog has eaten more paintballs than I My Autococker has shot!

I always drop some and he starts shitting Yellow and orange poop

QFT. My dog does the same thing. He eats the paintballs right out of the bag and is consciously being quiet about it so that I don't catch him. Once I do, he gets disciplined, and you get to see neon pink piles in the yard. Pretty cool, actually. Dog is fine though.

#32 MeliFelipe

MeliFelipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

if you have non oily paint the outside tastes pretty good, its just corn starch, but one the moisture reaches the fill its horrible tasting

Avalon's Fury sponsored by Rap4

Feedback +8/-0

#33 PaintballHazard

PaintballHazard

Speedballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:01 AM

1) it's 500 paintballs. When we ingest them, we throw up (a whole paintball). If you're shot in the mouth and eat some, no big deal. It tastes bad.

2) Dogs can die from chocolate, but we love it. Same thing with paintballs (although it tastes bad)? Different systems working
Indiana Member #2 Retired TechPB user

#34 Zizaner

Zizaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:33 AM

We have three dogs: A lab, terrier, and a chihuahua. My chihuahua started shitting all over the house and even in his crate. So I took him to the vet and they asked me if he had ate anything weird. It didnt dawn on me at the time but my wife had told me she thought Scooter had eaten a paintball. I thought they were non toxic but the vet told me a different story. $150 later I have learned that paintballs are harmful to dogs. So anyone with tiny or small dogs, be sure to keep your paintballs off the floor. If anyone would like to see the vet bill as proof I would be more than willing to post it.
Zizaner

#35 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Ouch thats pretty harsh.

If you spill some than just take you're dog to the vet. aslong as it doesnt tear open a bag and eat them theres nothing to worry about.

So stop stressing.

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#36 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

Whatchu know bout 600 subscribers!? ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:41 AM

By: Caroline W. Donaldson, D.V.M. From January 1998 to January 2003, the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) received 44 calls regarding paintball ingestion by dogs that subsequently developed clinical signs.
In some cases, the dogs may have ingested as many as 500 paintballs at one time. Paintball ingredients vary depending on the manufacturer...
In dogs, the most common clinical signs reported to the ASPCA APCC were vomiting (with or without paint) ataxia, diarrhea, and tremors. These signs occurred as early as one hour after ingestion.
In two cases, the dogs were euthanized because their central nervous system signs were unresponsive to treatment; no other deaths were reported.
The exact number of ingested paintballs required to cause clinical signs is unknown. In one case, a 90-lb (41-kg) Labrador retriever showed clinical signs after ingesting 15 paintballs.

If you believe that your dog is a victim of Paintball Poisoning, please refer to - or direct your veterinarian to the following website: http://www.aspca.org....pdf?docID=1521

Thank you,
Wayne and Jackie Dollack

... same story my labrador retriever ate about half a case of paint overnight :( labs always look for food...
his vomit and diahrea was blue ... gross. it was about 4 months ago. seems fine.

#37 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

If a dog eats 500 marbles or 500 paintball sized gobstoppers, hes gunna get sick...

im eating gobbstoppers right now :) my friends lab eats his and other dogs shit whenever we take him for a walk.....

same :P hes eaten his own sh*t too just cares about mother nature and recycles ;)

#38 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

1) it's 500 paintballs. When we ingest them, we throw up (a whole paintball). If you're shot in the mouth and eat some, no big deal. It tastes bad.

2) Dogs can die from chocolate, but we love it. Same thing with paintballs (although it tastes bad)? Different systems working

The weirdest thing tho is that my dog has eaten massive cakes before off the counter and so far after 5 years hes the happyist dog around..

#39 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

A. This article was written nearly 7 years ago.
B. My dogs have licked paint off of the fence, and never got sick.

#40 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

I have a Short temper so DONT F&$% WITH ME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

In dogs, the most common clinical signs reported to the ASPCA APCC were vomiting (with or without paint)

I dont know why, but the "With or without paint" just made me laugh! :lol:

My dog LOVES paintballs. Not that i feed them to him. He just chasses them when i shoot in the back yard and eats the ones that dont break.

#41 CookieMonster69

CookieMonster69

forum troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

dogs have the same insides or similer to us if u ate 500 paintballs thats bad same wit a dog same with litle kids keep out of reach
Hey guys, I was banned from TechPB for spamming the forums. Heading back to PBN now

#42 Aptiitude

Aptiitude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Lol poor dog but i guess just pick up after yourself.

#43 denji20

denji20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Yeah probably not the best too just standby and watch your dogs eat the paint, thank god that my dog is actually smart enough to figure he's not supposed to eat a brightly colored ball lol. Whoever said that dogs were stupid also has obviously never seen the dog who opens the refrigerator and gets the master beer. I'm saying that particular dog is smarter than most of my friends.
Posted Image
They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness, shall reap the same (Job 4:8)

#44 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

My dogs eaten a whole tube of SL33K before, a bottle of asprin, toothpaste, a tube of neosporin a bag of halloween snickers..........her own SHIT!!! I don't think a few paintballs will stop her.

LOL! Holy Shit! A whole bottle of SL33K?? I ould have been pissed! That shit is like $15...

My old dog was dumb as hell, but I don't blame the dog, I blame the breed...

I currently have a daucshund...hes pretty smart, he knows "play dead" and "sit"

Once we went out and couldnt take him with us...when we got home there was a HUGE SHIT in the middle of my dads pillow...

Smart little bastard...
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#45 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

Umm necro?!?!?!?

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#46 XNARUX

XNARUX

The Starcraft/Paintball Hybrid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

Well when you dog swallows 500 paintballs, i would expect that it wouldnt be healthy... its just common sense...

Paintball: My antidrug. Because when you put so much money into paintball how the fuck do you pay for crack cocaine?

#47 dfwballer

dfwballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

oh shit i was worried for a sec cuz my dog eats paint all da time but not that much anymore he went on a deit lately just rps premium strictly

whats necro

#48 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hey, INSERT GREAT COMEBACK HERE dogs arent dumb. My dog isnt dumb, shes actually pretty smart. Just because some dog (that one dog) is stupid dosent mean ALL dogs are dumb. So shut it. =)

QFT

Edited by Kevin, 08 July 2010 - 09:42 PM.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#49 Miguel J

Miguel J

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

lol i know this is about dogs but in my field the owner owns some horses and the instead of grass they all eat the paintball
Dominican Republic - Instinct Paintball Team

#50 NateDaGreat

NateDaGreat

Master Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Wow dude FUCK OFF! Dogs are smart, how do they sense danger? Sense that you have cancer? Sense that you have drugs in your bag? Thats right CAUSE THERE SMART! Now get the fuck out unless you wanna hear more about how dogs are smart in every way possible!
Posted Image
My Feedback Click Here 9,0,0

Because a fucking sandwich started World War I.

People that hate me: Drexler, GhillieSuitPaintball, BEASTY, anyone else want on the list? Just pm me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users