TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

I just heard that two people suffocated in their tent at the last SPPL

Propane leak ended up suffocating them in their tent

This is awful news, anyone hear about this?

#2 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

Nein, you tiny demons! NEIN!!

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

That's awful. At least they died peacefully, though.

Posted Image

Grammar Nazi Fuhrer : LL3 Soulja : Eleven Percenter

#3 IntenseImage

IntenseImage

Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

Wow .... you would think a tent would be "drafty" enough to let the CO2 out! Sad to hear it happened

#4 Ground Zero Saint

Ground Zero Saint

Getting my game together

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Thats sad to hear. This is of many incidents that we all should learn from. Information booklets for Carbon monoxide detectors should be given out when buying a propane tanks.
[center]My B/S/T Feedback (+16/-0)

They don't build mother fuckers like me no more :-)

I made change in the offering plate. I put in a 50 and took a 20 out. And got a receipt on the way out for taxes

#5 Nico Canada

Nico Canada

Badass MC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

Thats to bad.
Atleast its not directly paintball related.
Shit happens. Atleast more people will hopefully learn from their mistakes and not make the same errors they did.
Blankets FTW!
<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->Canadians Ballers Club #31

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#6 IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

Stay Agg, Ponyboy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

Thats bad.

Dont let paintballdangers.com hear about this!

Edited becasue the link didnt work on the first try

Edited by IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF, 06 July 2009 - 07:59 PM.

"I'm almost fifteen and in highschool. You're in fifth grade. You're an idiot."

Your Iphone Blows.

#7 slgballa94

slgballa94

first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

that is really bad
Pump/Stock Players Clan
~first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban from pacostacos88~

#8 Sigma Sparda

Sigma Sparda

Proudly sponsored by ANSGear.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Aye. Heard about this. Sad, but a basic camping mistake. :(

Least they went out near something they loved.
Posted Image
Rowan Platoon Frontman. Check Us Out.

(TechPB-Mike @ Jul 28 2009, 08:13 PM)
When I score first post in ANYTHING, I drive to the closest walmart, kick the doors in, and yell "I got first post mother fuckers!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

#9 schmidty11111

schmidty11111

shake that booty meat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

thats really sad
im not being sarcastic either
Kitty is the most awesome person in the world!
I <3 Kittay
I have a vibe for sale pm. Then I will make a thread so we discuss things in public.

#10 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

Thats bad.

Dont let paintballdangers.com hear about this!

Edited becasue the link didnt work on the first try

holy crap batman that webpage made me sick. talk about demonizing. but on a serious note that's sad that those people died
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#11 spydervents

spydervents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

the team that lost its members was feel the paint from Colorado. Lets hope they can get through this horrible tragedy. They will be in my prayers.

#12 fenderplayer007

fenderplayer007

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

dang i hope that never happens to any other tents
Christian Baller, USA Baller, Paintball vs Idiots member, Speedball Mafia mid player,Techpb Night Owl, Redz Owners Club Founder

if ur parents pay for all ur gear and ur under 18 put this in ur sig

#13 Tmaned

Tmaned

I inspired Prome's member title!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

What? It wasn't the tent that did it, it was because they lit a propane flame in there. They disobeyed the basic rule that you should NEVER have an open flame in your tent. The main reason is so you don't burn yourself to death, but also because of that.

"Experience is a nice way to say you've had your ass handed to you in a very unpleasant way and you learned something from it." Rob Rubin
"I'm certified to administer first-aid massages in the event of female breast trauma. I have a card and everything."- Prometheanflame
"You can wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first. The numbers come back, and it sure as hell ain't the lucky one, son."

#14 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,229 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:46 AM

That's harsh, too bad for them and their families. I know for a fact in Canada that those type of propane heaters are no longer allowed to be sold because a few campers have suffocated in a similar fashion.

#15 lex

lex

I don't have a Dutch accent, Isn't that weird?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Wow .... you would think a tent would be "drafty" enough to let the CO2 out! Sad to hear it happened

co2 is less lethal than CO my friend, co is carbonmonoxide and co2 is carbondioxide... hell of a difference
I don't care what you say about your DM, it will never shoot as smooth as my droids! so FUCK DYE! :D

Posted Image

#16 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

According to Promethean, I have successfully done CockerPunk

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

Wow, I Thought I wouldnt get that from prome.

I thought he would say some thing related to Gasses and farts.

QUOTE (Cubeman @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

I am now Dr. Jesus-in-a-can for I have Fixed my '95 Autococker
Palmers Pursuit Shop Pump guns For life!

#17 -Taz-

-Taz-

Mahna Mahna!

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

Wow, I Thought I wouldnt get that from prome.

I thought he would say some thing related to Gasses and farts.

I heard from Bonebrake that it was a guy and a 10 year old girl. Really sad
Don't Be A Chump! Buy a Pump!

"Oh my god! Zombie Horses! We'd be fucked!"

#18 Tucan9999

Tucan9999

You never go ass to mouth!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

That's sad :( The McGriddle conercial in the beggining made me want McDonalds, it's effective :o
TIMMY MILITIA Cause its the only club with MUTHA FUCKIN SNAKES
Mod App

#19 speedwoods39

speedwoods39

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

That's sad :( The McGriddle conercial in the beggining made me want McDonalds, it's effective :o

kinda random dont ya think? :rolleyes: that sucks though, you go to sppl to have a good time and possibly make some money, but end up dying in a tent. :unsure:
High School Ballers Club
New England Ballers Club
Guns:SR-SLG-Sp8
Hopper:Camo Rotor Tank:68 4500 crossfire
pro axis :wub:

#20 Sellingbrokenion

Sellingbrokenion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:18 AM

It's sad that they died of CO, its known as the silent killer and builds fast. Luckly while SPPL is mentioned they aren't being blamed in this news report, it really is the cautionary tale and should make us all more aware of the dangers of camping.

#21 robopaintballer09

robopaintballer09

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

thats tragic, and im really really sorry. my prayers are for them
Posted Image my real account is robopaintballer but my account got screwed up and stuff so i made a new one and here it is :) "DON'T FUCK WITH US"
If your under 18 and pay for your own gear put this in your sig

#22 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

For the record, as I was there, this was the wettest and coldest June in Utah in 20 years. The field was still under snow two weeks earlier. It rained a bit off and on during the day. So at night, it was getting colder, logically, people were putting propane heaters in their tents, or doing what they could to keep warm, because it was almost freezing at night. The big thing to know about the byproducts of burning propane is that it is heavier than air, so it sinks. You can have nice ventilation at the top of your tent, or even not have a roof, and it won't do any good. It drops to the ground and stays there, building higher and higher.

It really does suck that it happened. I have reported before, I was staying with a majority of my team at a hotel in town, and we did not have a game until about 1 or so. We were having breakfast, I had just cleaned and relubed my gear, when Dan Bonebreak (Out team captain) gathered us together to give us the news. Our team, the Forest Demons, had just lost a member of our team recently, and the funeral was on Saturday, when we were playing. Our weekend was dedicated to Pavi, and we had so many moments of reflection off the field for him. This hit us all really hard, and we all lost the wind out of our sails for playing. We went to see what we could do, and honestly, many of my team mates could not bear to go up the hill, which I don't blame them for. It was tough, and I played 4X4 taxi getting people up and down from the site. The memorial that we all had for them was heart wrenching.

It was tragic that it happened. It was really hard but every one that was at the SPPL in Utah decided that they could not continue. Everyone packed up and left. We helped with people getting packed, helped with people getting down, and helped with clean up. I can't tell you how, well, I don't even have the words to describe exactly how impressed and grateful, and whatnot that I feel for my friends and extended family of SPPL players. It's just incredible.

#23 Blue_shark

Blue_shark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

Ahh, when I was camping at the sand dunes we had a generator on all night to keep a heater on in a toy hauler. But the little gate closed so noone could steal it. And it had little vents made for the exhaust to go out. But it didn't and only the top layer of the place was affected. I heard my dads friend in the middle of the night get up and go to the bathroom and when he was in there he completely just fell out of the bathroom and passed out. Me and my dad had to shake him and shake him. But luckly he woke up, joked around with him for awhile about it asked him how that piss was haha.
Posted Image <---When he saw paintball. www.youtube.com/videoman223
If you cant read above here it is
PSSST, SQUIDWARD
I jizzed my pants.

#24 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

That sucks. People should be informed of these dangers more.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#25 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

http://www.ksl.com/?...148&sid=6892743

Sheriff's office identifies 2 found dead in tent
June 21st, 2009 @ 8:50pm

CACHE COUNTY -- The bodies of two people found Sunday morning in a popular camping area 11 miles south of Hardware Ranch in Cache County have been identified.

The Cache County Sheriff's Office says 28-year-old Steven Dowdy of Clifton, Colo., and 10-year-old Darian Thomlinson of Grand Junction, Colo., were found dead inside a tent.

"Somebody went to wake up the victims for the activities of the day, found them unconscious and nonresponsive," said Lt. Matt Bilodeau, of the Cache County Sheriff's Office.

The two were family friends, and family members say Thomlinson often referred to Dowdy as "uncle" though they were not blood relatives. Thomlinson's family was staying in a tent trailer next to the tent where the two were sleeping.

Dowdy and Thomlinson were apparently trying to stay warm in their tent. Inside, deputies found a 5 pound propane tank hooked to a heater. "Accidents do happen, and unfortunately, this is the result of one of them," Bilodeau said.

Authorities say the Dowdy and Thomlinson were among several hundred people gathered for a weekend paintball tournament in Cache County.

"The actual location is about 2 miles north of the Weber County border, about 11 miles south of Hardware Ranch, which is in Blacksmith Fork Canyon," said Cache County sheriff's Lt. Matt Bilodeau.

According to an online paintball forum, the Scenario Paintball Player's League, or SPPL, had an event this weekend in Monto-Cristo. The SPPL's Web site says it's an international competitive paintball league.

A man on the scene told KSL 5 News the group was on private property. There's no cell service, so someone ran into Wasatch County, where they could call for help. Bilodeau says it's a very rural recreation area.

Authorities don't know what went wrong but say carbon monoxide can be a hazard in tents, RVs and boats.

On Saturday, a Redmond man boating on Fish Lake was treated for CO poisoning. When it started to rain, he and his grandson put a cover on the boat to stay dry. The cover trapped exhuast fumes inside the boat and the man began to feel sick. He fainted at the dock, but is expected to be OK.

Authorities say people should have carbon monoxide detectors and, if possible, look for other ways to stay warm.

Bilodeau said, "These people went up to have fun, get away from home to be with family. And to have something of this magnitude, especially with a young child involved that had her whole life in front of it, it's absolutely tragic to the family."

An autopsy will be done to determine exact cause of death.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users