• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blackcell78

Blackcell78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

Don't get a 98, its not worth it if paintball is what you really like. The SP-1 is way better.
Ion w/ Blackheart and Shocktech Superfly bolt, CP 14 .685, ANS 68/4500, Invert too, Blackcell kit, Grills

#2 onedeadguy

onedeadguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Second on the spec ops vest. Got a recon 6 here and i'm very happy with it. However, I am not very happy about spec ops and their customer service. It all depends on what you want with your marker. Some people like the feeling of a mechanical kaboom kaboom and for that reason go with Tippman's/Bt4 style markers. Sp1 would be a logical choice for money spent vs gain.

#3 Syam Tam Chuk

Syam Tam Chuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

For woodsball the SP1 is the best choice. A lot of people say it's just a repackaged Ion, but that's not true. The only thing it shares with the Ion is the bolt, all the rest of it is different, simpler. It's noid is made in the US, not in China (as the Ion's was - thus subject to shoddy QC), as are all the important parts. The reg is great and it protects your noid from Co2 as well, which is a major plus.

The benefits over a Tippmann are many. It's quieter, it can switch modes on the fly, it's more effecient and much easier to maintain. Mine has been used throughout an Alberta winter (-10C blizzards) and was one of the few markers to not go down. Half of the Tippmanns did, as did the Ion's and BT's, but my SP1 and my team mates Vibe both rolled on without issue.

There is always flak directed at Smart Parts, but they really did do well with the SP1 and Vibe line.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users