31 replies to this topic

#1 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

I wanna start off saying i have made videos (yes plural) but youtube doesn't like my webcam, so I figure this is almost as good or better in some cases... This may be a tad long

Before you read, if you don't know names of parts i say, look here
Parts Name list

Part one The disassembly

Remove front and rear thumbscrews
Posted Image

Next you will want to Remove the Valve from the back of the gun
Posted Image

Then you will Remove the body, and barrel from the trigger frame as well, as shown
Posted Image

Next step is to remove the barrel from the body, when you do this set the barrel/Pump handle aside it won't be used until much later
Posted Image

Now that everything is all apart, set your body aside, with the bolt assembly still inside, and pick up your valve
Posted Image

Now your going to see a 2 flat parts on the retainer, close to the black metal, it is shown here where it's shining

Posted Image

Now your going to need 1 tool this whole time, it's a an adjustable crescent wrench, it is used to clamp down on the flat metal surface shown above, and then you turn to loosen it, until it can be removed by hand (position show below, don't clamp powertube!)
Posted Image

Be careful, don't clamp the power tube, clamp the retainer! This is what it will look like when it's removed
Posted Image

Now you can remove them all by unthreading the Cupseal assembly from the power tube and sliding the retainer off the powertube

Part names left to right-> Valve spring, Cup Seal, Retainer, Power tube #4
Posted Image

Now you can take your retainer and valve spring to the a sink, and rinse them with water and scrub the retainer off with an old toothbrush

Next your going to take the power tube, stick it in the eyelet of the cupseal and pop out the o-ring (pieces left to right->Cup, eyelet, seal
Posted Image

After you remove the pieces scrap any dirt/gunk out of the cups inside, and replace them all so it looks like this
Posted Image

Now replace the parts back on the the threaded side of the power tube in this order, Retainer, Cupseal, Valve spring (not shown slides around base of cupseal)
Posted Image

Now you can grab your air adapter and thread the valve assemlby back in HAND TIGHTEN THIS!!!!!!!. Now lets move on to your bolt assembly remove internals from the body
Posted Image
Parts shown listed left to right-> Hammer, Main spring, Bolt (TPC inside bolt)

Next your going to remove the TPC from the Bolt, and seperate all pieces as shown
Posted Image

Now you are going to take all of them to the sink, first you will want to rinse/scrub with an old brush your bolt (inside/outside) make sure theres no gunk in the hole shown
Posted Image

Next you will want to rinse your main spring (shown on right) left is the valve spring
Posted Image

Next you will want to Rinse/Scrub with an old toothbrush your Hammer (inside and out) sorry for wierd size on this one i cropped
Posted Image

Next part of your bolt assembly you'll want to rinse and lightly scrub with a brush is your TPC shown below (tough to get inside but do best you can on top part)
Posted Image

Next step you need to re-thread the TPC into the botl after you dry everything off thread it 3.5 to 4 turns for your velocity to be around 280 FPS more spins, the lower the velocity will go, less the higher
Posted Image
again sorry for size i cropped, but this is the piece of the gun that adjust the velocity, when everything is back together, when you use your down the barrel velocity adjustment rod, turning it right will raise the velocity, turning it left will lower the velocity if you are looking down at your gun from above the barrel
Posted Image

Next your going to put the main spring in between the bolt and the hammer and clip the hammer to the bolt with larger whole in the bolt a tiny bit off to the left as shown
Posted Image

Now you are going to replace the internals in the body as shown and take the pump handle and put it in the hole as shown below
Posted Image

Next put the barrel back in (this makes everything a lot easier!)
Posted Image

Now Grab your trigger frame and slide the body back on as shown
Posted Image

Now take the smaller front thumb screw and hand tighten it like so
Posted Image

Next Grab your valve, and slide it back on to the trigger frame as shown
Posted Image

Now grab the larger back thumbscrew and hand tighten it as so
Posted Image

Now everything is put back together, first thing you want to do is make sure the safety is off, and pull the trigger, it should make a pop sound and that is unlatching the hammer from the bolt
Posted Image

well that's my guide, hope it helps... and i hope i don't have to edit this to make it more then 1 post. Just a PS if you did everything i said the next time you take everything apart, no tools will be needed at all even to get into the valve

Hope this helps, sorry for late post but also since this doesn't mention how to deal with removing a VSC hardline, i made the below video, but other then taking the hardline off the rest is essentially the exact same thing, hope you enjoyed the Guide, and video PM me any questions for fastest response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mlJWgzaJzI

Edited by The-Phantom, 18 February 2010 - 06:29 PM.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#2 mrmeatloaf5

mrmeatloaf5

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

Which parts should we lube

#3 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

This set up, you just drop 2 drops in the asa and dry fire 20 times with the barrel off then wipe off the breach, or if while it's dis assembled you put a drop on the sliding part of the hammer, and in the area the pump handle slides.

Posted Image
Posted Image

http://www.techpb.co...w...c=25042&hl=

In the second picture shown above with the red circle, This is the bolt assembly

If you have broken a ball recently, these parts may be really sticky, goopy, and a simple water rinse will not remove the gun, and it will stay gunky and make more friction on your pump stroke, and overall just make everything operate worse

What you will want to do is, clip the 2 pieces together with the spring inside... Grab some air tool oil (I use marvel shown in the above link to my oil maintenance thread, which is a corrosive oil to gunks, it breaks up and kills nasty sticky oily shit that gets on air powered tools or guns in this case

Using this you want to take a paper tower, or thin cloth, and moisten the cloth with the air tool oil, then scrub down the entire bolt assembly until you get a shiny slick sheen, and all the oils and gunk is gone... trust me this will dramatically increase pump stroke and over all performance of the gun

Edited by The-Phantom, 13 November 2010 - 03:33 PM.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!

-Brett

#4 pmiboyz

pmiboyz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

Nice job. Thanks for taking your time to put this togeather for us. This should be stickied.

#5 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Well thanks, i take it apart and put it together every day, the only difference was taking/uploading pictures ^_^ It will be a nice reference for me and others threw out the rest of our time on the forums

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#6 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

"Blind guy with a gun..."

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

You've outdone yourself Phantom. This is a really good thread for someone that is taking apart their phantom for the first time, I wish I had this the first time I took apart mine. I agree with pmiboyz, this should definitely be stickied. If it doesn't get stickied maybe I'll bump it once a week to keep it alive... :rolleyes:

#7 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

vice grips - ouch! why not use an open-ended adjustable wrench (crescent wrench)

#8 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

my open ended adjustable wrench was in the other room, and i was grooving a long threw my pics ^_^ and the vice grips where right there, so it's just what i showed, i don't even use it, i hand tighten/loosen, but for a first timer it doesn't come out to easy, and some times adjustable wrenches dont stay tight enough for me

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#9 #1Pumper

#1Pumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Great job phantom this helps alot
:)
you don't have to "keep up" btw, that'll piss pumpers off I've seen pumpers win against guys with Ego's

#10 DarkEgo06

DarkEgo06

PoFo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

thank you! AWESOME JOB!!

#11 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:46 AM

but please, don't use wrenches with teeth on gun internals - it makes me sad.

#12 Lewthor

Lewthor

Pumpmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

I'm afraid I agree with Bryce Phantom, you're going to have to be flogged with a wet noodle. Or stuck in a closet with Ced for 10 minutes....your choice. :wacko:
LEWTHOR

#13 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

just think about it this way - would you want vice-grips used on your delicate bits?

#14 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

The tips don't have teeth, those are the only parts that touch the gun at all, and i don't really plan on selling this either so small dinks and scratches don't bother me, i didn't even use it... i hand loosened it

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#15 urban ninja

urban ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Ok, so, to clarify, NO vice grips on my Phantom... And someone want to tell me what a crescent wrench is... I um... am not tool savvy. I think I know what it is... but I am unsure, and would much rather know what to use.

Posted Image

#16 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Yeah mine looks like this, and it was in my drawer, ow well :)
Posted Image

but please, don't use wrenches with teeth on gun internals - it makes me sad.

bryce i fixed it for ya real quick

Edited by The-Phantom, 14 July 2009 - 01:52 PM.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#17 urban ninja

urban ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

OK! That's what I thought a crescent wrench was... I just call that a wrench... along with the ones that don't tighten. They're all wrenches to me. But thank you for helping clear that up.

Posted Image

#18 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

"Blind guy with a gun..."

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

Mike should add something like this thread to the phantom owners manual...

#19 PumpPainter

PumpPainter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

Thanks A Lot Again Phantom.
Pumping a Pump Gun Gets Me Pump'D up!

#20 Crash1992

Crash1992

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Dumb question, whats the recommended lube/lubes for the phantom?

Thanks.

#21 Tor

Tor

The Clothes Make The Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Thanks.

That's no where near a stupid question.

Pretty much oil. None of that dow/marmalade/sl33k brand name stuff.

gun oil, air tool oil all work.
I use a mix of automatic transmission fluid and gun oil. Works great for me.

so bottom line is just use oil. Nothing expensive, just whatever your money can buy.

Posted Image
Proud American
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Genghis Khan

#22 Crash1992

Crash1992

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

Yea I was wondering if it liked anything special. Whether it was thick lube like Dow or something or oil... I've got Planet Eclipse Gun oil right now but I mean I've used Vaseline on it and it still shot great.

#23 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

Yea I was wondering if it liked anything special. Whether it was thick lube like Dow or something or oil... I've got Planet Eclipse Gun oil right now but I mean I've used Vaseline on it and it still shot great.

gun oil is universal, it's just 'air tool oil' re-branded with paintball names to charge you more money... my phantoms shoot amazing and i never have leaks, so i stay away from dow 55's no need to swell o-rings if your not having leaking problems

but in general oil works great on phantoms

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#24 Patience

Patience

I <3 allen wrenches

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

Thanks.

its all about wd-40. cheap, good, reliable. spray some on your fingers and rub it around, and you're good :)
"I'll only shoot you once because you are only worth 3 cents to me" - Patience

#25 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

Thanks.

its all about wd-40. cheap, good, reliable. spray some on your fingers and rub it around, and you're good :)

I tend to avoid WD-40 because it's very strong and if it gets in/around o-rings it can corrode them pretty bad ruining seals causing leaks... oil works great and you don't get much cheaper then under 5 buck range, and theres no problems at all with it

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#26 rogalxxx

rogalxxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

so wait, where do you put pixie dust? Does it go into valve? It would cover all the internals from there...

#27 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

so wait, where do you put pixie dust? Does it go into valve? It would cover all the internals from there...

Mike casady is the only known owner and producer of true magic pixie dust, and it usually is rubber on all parts of the valve then shaken clean before he ships the gun out, for extra efficiency

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#28 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

i know this thread hasn't been replied to in a while but i'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to make this amazing guide. it really helped.

just got my phantom today and i'm a little sad to see that it was neglected of regular cleaning and maintaining. gunk, paint everywhere and a few rust spots, don't think he really took the time to properly clean it. glad i could clean it up and helpfully will take care of it, thanks again.

#29 SuicideLemming

SuicideLemming

Game on!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

I think this thread was stickied at one point... if it was it should still be stickied!

#30 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

i think its linked in a sticky, but i agree it should.

#31 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

yeah it's technically stickied... but pacostaco's had the not so brilliant idea of making all the stickies go into one thread, so if you actually want to post you feel like an asshole for rezzing the topic, and if you don't click the "sticky" with the links to all the things in it you'd never know exactly what is in there

sadly people don't check stickies enough, there is a ton of great info from a lot of people who know a lot more then me, but to your thank you, your welcome :) I take the gun apart damn near every day, only difference that time was i stopped and took pictures at each step then uploaded them with directions!

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#32 SuicideLemming

SuicideLemming

Game on!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

I remember that thread. Heck, I remember the threads that were stickied within that thread lol. Whatever happened to it? Literally every single sticky within that thread was awesome and had incredible information for the seasoned vet and the noob alike.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users