• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#51 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

I've shot all type's of tippmann's and the sp1, i definitely would choose the sp1 over a tippmann any day.

What if the SP-1 doesn't have the blackheart? Does it still beat the Tippmans? I'm thinking of getting a mil-sim style marker some day, and don't need an upgraded board, as long as it shoots one ball per trigger pull, that's all I need, I don't do speedball, or tourneys where you need PSP-3 or anything like that, just one shot per trigger pull.

#52 crazy-&-tattooed

crazy-&-tattooed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:50 PM

I've shot all type's of tippmann's and the sp1, i definitely would choose the sp1 over a tippmann any day.

What if the SP-1 doesn't have the blackheart? Does it still beat the Tippmans? I'm thinking of getting a mil-sim style marker some day, and don't need an upgraded board, as long as it shoots one ball per trigger pull, that's all I need, I don't do speedball, or tourneys where you need PSP-3 or anything like that, just one shot per trigger pull.

Personally i still say yes. I got my uncle back into paintballing and he got a sp1. we both play wood's ball and milsim. His sp1 is all he uses.
R.I.P BORG We Will Never Forget

#53 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:51 PM

Personally i still say yes. I got my uncle back into paintballing and he got a sp1. we both play wood's ball and milsim. His sp1 is all he uses.

Okay, cool, I hope the SP-1 is a lot lighter, I borrowed my friend's A-5 one time, and I'd hate having to lug that heavy thing everywhere, even with a strap it'd still be a pain.

#54 crazy-&-tattooed

crazy-&-tattooed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

Okay, cool, I hope the SP-1 is a lot lighter, I borrowed my friend's A-5 one time, and I'd hate having to lug that heavy thing everywhere, even with a strap it'd still be a pain.

It is. That is the one thing i never did like about tippmann's and bt's

#55 HolyBowley

HolyBowley

win if you can, lose if you must, but always always cheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

solid list
rockin the phantom, less balls more nuts

If you're under 18 and pay for your own gear put this in your signature.

#56 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

Canadian Cross Dressing, Bull ball Toucher.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:44 AM

Sorry Spitlebug, but the SP-1 absolutely DESTROYS the Model 98 C, in every single way possible

First off, the SP-1 is electronic, the M98 isn't

The SP-1 never chops paint. Put a shake-and-shoot loader on the M98C, and on the SP-1 and shoot 4 pods as fast as you can. With the SP-1, clean barrel. M98C, blender

The SP-1 has an amazing regulator on it, M98 doesn't

The SP-1 absolutely CRUSHES the M98C on the field, dood this isn't even a contest. If you took a M98C, and I took a bone stock SP-1 and we played 1 on 1 in the woods, you'd get absolutely crushed by the firepower of the SP-1

M98C is a decent gun, but the SP-1 absolutely destroys it. And the SP-1 destroys the A5's, it also destroys the TM7, X7, and every other "woodsball" marker made today.

Not wanting to get into a debate on the matter, but I would like to point out some things (for clarity):

1.) Being mechanical is not in any way, shape or form a drawback.
2.) M98's can be electronic - right from the factory.
3.) All markers chop paint. It is what it is.
4.) M98's don't require post regulation and is HPA and CO2 friendly.
5.) Performance on field is relative.
6.) I don't like A5's. Not really a fan, never have been.
7.) Most "woodsball" and "scenario" markers in the last 3 years have been M98 or A5 clones. There are exceptions, but this is the "norm".

does this answer your question????

Do we even know that the marker is all stock and using electronics in that video?

Edited by Spitlebug, 21 September 2009 - 01:47 AM.

So tempted to suspend Kitty just so I can say I have....
Okay, fuck it....I just banned Kitty, that's going in the sig.

Administrator - ICD Owner's Group

Posted Image

#57 BORG

BORG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

"Bad Ass Mother Fucker Paintball Player of the Year award"

LOL, thanks. but i don't feel like one...
there are tons of better/more accurate scenario players out there...
they just don't make vids like i do, so you don't know about them...
yes, paintball is expensive sport in Croatia, and like me, most of paintball players in Croatia struggle to get enough money for paint and gear, that's why i get used of not using much paint...
but we have some of the sickest urban fields in Europe.. yes, we don't have few thousands of players on our BigGames, we are lucky if we get over 100 players, but we have fun..
and like i said: "SCORE IS IRRELEVANT"

BORG
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff00ff--><span style="color:#ff00ff"><!--/coloro--><b>IF </b><b>KITTY ASKED 57 PPL TO SPAM YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL,</b><b>PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG...</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
<b>
</b>
WE ARE BORG!
SCORE IS IRRELEVANT!

#58 Kitty

Kitty

Feline With a Gun

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

yes, paintball is expensive sport in Croatia, and like me, most of paintball players in Croatia struggle to get enough money for paint and gear, that's why i get used of not using much paint...
but we have some of the sickest urban fields in Europe.. yes, we don't have few thousands of players on our BigGames, we are lucky if we get over 100 players, but we have fun..

BORG

BORG, you played in a game where you had to wear gas masks instead of PB masks cause you all used REAL CS / Tear Gas...........

You cant argue this award.

#59 ToXic TurTle

ToXic TurTle

Slig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

BORG

BORG, you played in a game where you had to wear gas masks instead of PB masks cause you all used REAL CS / Tear Gas...........

You cant argue this award.

Damn! Thats hardcore LOL.

I think BORG deserves this one!
Posted Image
Sig made by Friarhockey

#60 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:06 AM

Sorry Spitlebug, but the SP-1 absolutely DESTROYS the Model 98 C, in every single way possible

The SP-1 never chops paint. Put a shake-and-shoot loader on the M98C, and on the SP-1 and shoot 4 pods as fast as you can. With the SP-1, clean barrel. M98C, blender

The SP-1 absolutely CRUSHES the M98C on the field, dood this isn't even a contest. If you took a M98C, and I took a bone stock SP-1 and we played 1 on 1 in the woods, you'd get absolutely crushed by the firepower of the SP-1

M98C is a decent gun, but the SP-1 absolutely destroys it. And the SP-1 destroys the A5's, it also destroys the TM7, X7, and every other "woodsball" marker made today.

Not wanting to get into a debate on the matter, but I would like to point out some things (for clarity):

7.) Most "woodsball" and "scenario" markers in the last 3 years have been M98 or A5 clones. There are exceptions, but this is the "norm".

Do we even know that the marker is all stock and using electronics in that video?

Here ya go...
1) If you want different modes it is.
3) I have never chopped paint in My SP-1 or any team player.
4) True, but you won't get near the effiency, SP-1 is HPA and C02 friendly.
7) The norm is changing. Maybe you should walk out to a scenario sometime and look around.

Yes all stock....It's eletronics only...

#61 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:08 AM

I disagree with pinokio being the ultimate loader, My rotor killed it twice, and a prophecy will kill a rotor.

But i agree 150% about the best liftetime gun as the Alias...love em', absolutely nothing bad to say about one(God i miss my ripper2)

Edited by Nobben #44, 21 September 2009 - 08:09 AM.

#62 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:22 AM

2.) M98's can be electronic - right from the factory. but does it come stock on a 98 custom? no.
3.) All markers chop paint. It is what it is. wrong. check out the automag level 10 bolt.
4.) M98's don't require post regulation and is HPA and CO2 friendly. so is the sp1

Do we even know that the marker is all stock and using electronics in that video? does it mater? electronics are electronics. it doesnt matter if its a stock board, blackheart, virtue, tadao, its all the same underwater. and smart parts inc, wouldn't post this online if it was fake because you know at least 5 people with sp1's went straight to their bathtub after watching this video and if it was a lie then it would be all over the web...

i rest my case... for now...

Posted Image

U83r 1337: I have a natural tendency to tilt my barrel downwards when I pump it, does that mean I'm destined for stock class?Tmaned: Sounds more like you're destined for rollouts.

#63 Stabilizer

Stabilizer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

I agree that the Dye C9 knee and elbow pads are comfortable to wear, and they dont move around.
But the quality is not very good.
Both my elbowpads have torn seams, and my kneepads are beginning to tear as well.
I had hoped for more durability.
I have only been using it for 4 months, and i dont do alot of sliding.
Trying is the first step towards failing! I never run away. I... strategically maneuver.
DM9 | Dye Rotor | Ninja 68/4500 | V-force Grill

#64 shadowthread

shadowthread

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

come on mike dont forget to give yourself an award. without you techpb would not exist. to me that is worth some kind of paintball award.

#65 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

1) Spitle, are you on crack? If there is no drawback to using mechanical markers? Ummmm, rate of fire? Solenoid? regulator?
2) They still don't have a regulator, and are HORRIBLY inconsistent at best.
3) No they don't, a spring driven blowback comes forward with considerably more speed and more force, than the lightweight, regulator controlled bolt of the SP-1. Put your finger in the breech and pull the trigger, you'll see what I mean
4) Sure, and if your tank drops below 500psi, you won't be able to get to 300fps. The SP-1 has a CO2 friendly regulator, than still shoots even when the tank is ice code and freezing. Once you freeze the tank on a Tippmann, the striker can't return and the gun goes fully automatic, and drains the tank even more. The SP-1 operates down to 200psi input pressure and still shoots with no problem. The Tippmann needs 500psi just to cycle.
5) Relative to the fact that the SP-1 will be extremely consistent over the chronograph due to the regulator, and the M98 will not
7) This is erronious info, doesn't mean anything. The Model 98 has been around for years, the SP-1 is around a year old.

It's a great attempt at defending the Model 98, but the SP-1 absolutely crushes it, destroys it, embarrasses it on the field. It's not even close in comparison.

#66 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

Mike is winning this "debate" (one-sided slaughter) by far. Spitle- The 98c does not even come close to a SP-1. Especially if it's a blackheart SP-1.

Sorry Spitle, your intelligence is undeniable but taking the defense of the black sheep isn't going to work on this one.

#67 Pain-T-Baller

Pain-T-Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:01 PM

The only thing I can say is that I think the GEO should have been mentioned as a awesome spoolie. But that is because I own one and i love it. But meh. good reporting Mike. what about the BT line of vests though? with their MOLLE construction they have a vest and a setup for every type of woodsball player.

Edited by Pain-T-Baller, 21 September 2009 - 12:02 PM.

certified: GEAR WHORE!!!!! Canadian Ballers club!!
95% of all teens would go into a panic if the Jonas brothers AND Miley Sirus were on a 100 foot building about to jump. copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends while yelling "DO A BACKFLIP!!!!!!!"

#68 jtusa181

jtusa181

OnTarget Photography

• Retired Staff
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

i think mike would marry the vibe blackheart if he could...i wanna get one myself i must say though after how much mike raves about it Posted Image

OnTarget Photography

Bitches be haten, time to call all polar bears and beavers the war has begun...

My Feedback

#69 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

The only thing I can say is that I think the GEO should have been mentioned as a awesome spoolie. But that is because I own one and i love it. But meh. good reporting Mike. what about the BT line of vests though? with their MOLLE construction they have a vest and a setup for every type of woodsball player.

umm...a quest will kill a geo, a dm6 would too.
the geo is: a sexy,smoother,pimped, overall better G3. And no that is not a bad thing, its decent, okay, but not awsome compared to almost all the other spoolies Ive shot(shot 3 different geo's, one over a longer period but I havent owned one, yet) but god they look good :wub:

#70 FurbyTFR

FurbyTFR

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

*flex*

I made the list!
http://www.thefordreport.com
Shooting Hot Magazine Babes, 'Ballin', and information REAL players want!

#71 crazy-&-tattooed

crazy-&-tattooed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

Winner out of the red corner " MIKE"!!!!!

#72 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

This thread = greatest win of all time. ;)

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#73 cptcomisi94

cptcomisi94

US ARMY BALLA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:45 PM

This thread = greatest win of all time. Posted Image

yes it is
Posted Image
if the 1st thing youd grab in a fire is ur paintball gear put this in your sig

bugdet baller!!

#74 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

1) Spitle, are you on crack? If there is no drawback to using mechanical markers? Ummmm, rate of fire? Solenoid? regulator?
2) They still don't have a regulator, and are HORRIBLY inconsistent at best.
3) No they don't, a spring driven blowback comes forward with considerably more speed and more force, than the lightweight, regulator controlled bolt of the SP-1. Put your finger in the breech and pull the trigger, you'll see what I mean
4) Sure, and if your tank drops below 500psi, you won't be able to get to 300fps. The SP-1 has a CO2 friendly regulator, than still shoots even when the tank is ice code and freezing. Once you freeze the tank on a Tippmann, the striker can't return and the gun goes fully automatic, and drains the tank even more. The SP-1 operates down to 200psi input pressure and still shoots with no problem. The Tippmann needs 500psi just to cycle.
5) Relative to the fact that the SP-1 will be extremely consistent over the chronograph due to the regulator, and the M98 will not
7) This is erronious info, doesn't mean anything. The Model 98 has been around for years, the SP-1 is around a year old.

It's a great attempt at defending the Model 98, but the SP-1 absolutely crushes it, destroys it, embarrasses it on the field. It's not even close in comparison.

even tho i disagree with the rate of fire part (pump? hello?) yes the sp1 is much more consistant than the m98. it dominates it in every way, shape and form...

Posted Image

U83r 1337: I have a natural tendency to tilt my barrel downwards when I pump it, does that mean I'm destined for stock class?Tmaned: Sounds more like you're destined for rollouts.

#75 Compulsion

Compulsion

Not as smart as he thinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

Mike, you said you used two CASES of First Strike rounds?

You don't mean traditional 2000 round cases, right? Cause that's $3000 worth of paint.

What I'm shooting
My paintball photos on flickr
Old Man Militia: Aim, Eliminate, Take a Nap
facebook.com/ronhockman

#76 mtpntball

mtpntball

Chief Slapaho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

cool
Ive found no problem in this wold that cannot be fixed with duct tape, jb weld, and a bigger gun
Paintball Warzone Productions!
im the editor!
Pump/stock players clan member #40

#77 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

You don't mean traditional 2000 round cases, right? Cause that's $3000 worth of paint.

FS rounds come in tubes, theres a case of tubes (not 2000 rounds but its a lot of tubes in a case).

#78 Oblivion

Oblivion

Waffles. Mhm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

woot, i do agree with the exalt feedgate. ^^

Posted Image

#79 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

FS rounds come in tubes, theres a case of tubes (not 2000 rounds but its a lot of tubes in a case).

they should come out with a first strike phantom....

Posted Image

#80 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Why would that be?

Maybe you shoukd stop "shoulding". As I call it :)

#81 xUnBeliVaBle

xUnBeliVaBle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

LMAO ""It took ya 20+ years to realize that we don't use offset ASA holes, metric macroline hose fittings, male to female regulators, and that guns with stovepipe feednecks are dogshit, and that when your force to whore your whole product line to WalMart because no one wants to carry it, it's because it's dogshit, but it's 2009 and you're catching on" award-" LMFAO
" Don't tell me that the sky is the
limit when there are footprints on the moon! " --Unknown

#82 Chris Williams

Chris Williams

This Is My Boomstick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

sweet
2009 Sponsors-ANSgear
Posted Image
My Feedback +6/0/0
My Moderator Application

#83 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Why would that be?

Maybe you shoukd stop "shoulding". As I call it :)

i should stop "shoulding" as soon as you start spelling :D jk lol

Edited by the_eggman, 21 September 2009 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

#84 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

I don't want to join the SP1 vs M98 debate, but I would like to say that I'd rather have 30 Rental 98's than 30 SP1's... the battery cost makes my eye twitch....

As for other awards, the Award for the longest Award Title goes to: "It took ya 20+ years to realize that we don't use offset ASA holes, metric macroline hose fittings, male to female regulators, and that guns with stovepipe feednecks are dogshit, and that when your force to whore your whole product line to WalMart because no one wants to carry it, it's because it's dogshit, but it's 2009 and you're catching on award-"

I LOL'd real hard at this!

Great thread Mike!
- Coop
R-14 Paintball - Range 14, Ft. Dix, New Jersey
Located at +40 0' 4.14", -74 32' 44.39"

- Google - YouTube - MySpace - Facebook - Twitter -

#85 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

with loaders the pinokio is tied with the prophecy imo. You cant go wrong with either but if you need that extended nose pinokio ftw. The best $300 gun should be the blackheat vibe with a upgraded trigger. For walking i did not like it at all but overall it is a good gun. If you are going to play psp go vibe but if your like most paintballers you will be playing in uncapped semi go g3. if you have bigger hands and like a all metal marker (this makes no difference in performance but i like a all metal gun) go with g3. Never had a chop. ultra low flip leaver feed neck, flip asa, a better trigger for walking (biggest thing for me over the vibe). The g3 comes better equipped than the vibe blackheart but does it shoot as smooth no but the difference in smoothness i cant tell. The blackheart vibe is good for psp but the g3 is better out of the box.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#86 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

I don't want to join the SP1 vs M98 debate, but I would like to say that I'd rather have 30 Rental 98's than 30 SP1's... the battery cost makes my eye twitch....

As for other awards, the Award for the longest Award Title goes to: "It took ya 20+ years to realize that we don't use offset ASA holes, metric macroline hose fittings, male to female regulators, and that guns with stovepipe feednecks are dogshit, and that when your force to whore your whole product line to WalMart because no one wants to carry it, it's because it's dogshit, but it's 2009 and you're catching on award-"

I LOL'd real hard at this!

Great thread Mike!

i can understand having them as rental guns but if you could just have one for you over another... SP1 no contest....

Posted Image

#87 M01R

M01R

It's using the trees!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

Ultimate Loader Award-
Pinokio- with it's jam free operation, super light weight, incredible battery life, and amazing capacity (270 rounds standard, 400 with INCLUDED nose), lid with extended opening tabs, battery life LED, this is the ultimate loader

FAIL.

You gotta be careful. Don't just go in there with hopes you'll be done in a few seconds, take time, make designs, put your name in it. Whatever. It gets the job done, and you feel good after, knowing nobodycan steal your junk, because your name is engraved in your manhair.

Sickest Gearbag Sale on TechPB! Check it out!

#88 Quinn

Quinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

I seriously question the best hopper. My vote goes to the Rotor.

-better shell and feedneck material. This is HUGE. There is no way that this shell and feedneck will crack or break in a paintball game. You would have to take some serious force to break this. If a three story drop doesn't do it like dye claims to have tested than I'm thinking a half a minute with a sludge hammer and good sized guy will do it.

-efficiency. now assuming dye's efficiency is correct (I know the pinokio's is thanks to TechPB-Shepp's video. Mad props for taking your time to do that). Everyone needs to keep in this in perspective Rotor: 25 cases=3 AAs Pinokio 37 cases=2 9 volts. The cost of two 9 volts is at least twice the price of 3 AA's. So are we trying to compare half of the rotor's power to the full power of a pinokio?

-technology. I apoligize for ranting in advance. Ill try to keep this one sweet and quick. Like you say Mike "You have to give credit where credit is deserved" and Dye definately deserve's credit for their design on the rotor. There is nothing out there like the rotor's design. I challenge anyone to find any paintball loader that internally resembles the rotor. The pinokio is a different case. Everyone know's this membrane tab and this paddle design has been seen and done before. Here are some loaders that have done this design before: all the Kingman Fastas and all the Ricochet Apaches are completely identical to the pinokio and both came out before the pinokio. It doesn't take a college degree to know that dye probably spent more time and money on this drive design then the pinokio. I think the pinokio could have easily been another Draxxus pulse. Sued by the bigger company and forgotten.

The pinokio has one decent advantage over the rotor and that's capacity and im willing to take better material, efficiency and technology over capacity any day.

Ambush Paintball
Paintballgear.ca
Kee Action Sports
Ambush Army Corruption
Say No to .50 Cal! Put this in your sig if you hate the way it will change paintball!

#89 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

My favorite mask of the year - Proto Axis Pros

I think ive tried every new mask out there. Events, i4s, flex's, i3's, grillz, the list goes on...

#90 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:29 PM

-better shell and feedneck material. This is HUGE. There is no way that this shell and feedneck will crack or break in a paintball game. You would have to take some serious force to break this. If a three story drop doesn't do it like dye claims to have tested than I'm thinking a half a minute with a sludge hammer and good sized guy will do it.

-efficiency. now assuming dye's efficiency is correct (I know the pinokio's is thanks to TechPB-Shepp's video. Mad props for taking your time to do that). Everyone needs to keep in this in perspective Rotor: 25 cases=3 AAs Pinokio 37 cases=2 9 volts. The cost of two 9 volts is at least twice the price of 3 AA's. So are we trying to compare half of the rotor's power to the full power of a pinokio?

-technology. I apoligize for ranting in advance. Ill try to keep this one sweet and quick. Like you say Mike "You have to give credit where credit is deserved" and Dye definately deserve's credit for their design on the rotor. There is nothing out there like the rotor's design. I challenge anyone to find any paintball loader that internally resembles the rotor. The pinokio is a different case. Everyone know's this membrane tab and this paddle design has been seen and done before. Here are some loaders that have done this design before: all the Kingman Fastas and all the Ricochet Apaches are completely identical to the pinokio and both came out before the pinokio. It doesn't take a college degree to know that dye probably spent more time and money on this drive design then the pinokio. I think the pinokio could have easily been another Draxxus pulse. Sued by the bigger company and forgotten.

The pinokio has one decent advantage over the rotor and that's capacity and im willing to take better material, efficiency and technology over capacity any day.

My vote would go to the prophecy.

Same profile as the rotor (which is less than the pinokio).
Still has a strong, durable shell, bigger lid for less pouring accidents. Adjustable nose cones that won't effect profile (like the rotor). Also, lighter than the rotor.

Technology- Now this is where the prophecy shines. Speed, mic sensitivity settings. Ball stack tension monitor on/off. Adjustable ball stack tension. Rip drive(manual override, can chrono without wasting battery life), clutch drive (easiest on paint). Proven motor design, easy to clean. Auto anti jam (although it doesnt jam). Magnetic with spring assisted lid.

Sorry, in my eyes the Prophecy is far better loader.

Pinokio

Price: $149.99
Weight: 1lb 1.8oz
Efficiency: 40+ cases
Activation: Bend sensor
Capacity: 240 and with extended nose cone-360
Sound Signature: Slightly noticeable
Average Expected Feedrate: 20bps
Pros: Simple, fast, light
Cons: Slightly big profile, some feednecks and shells prone to cracking
Overview: If you want a simple loader that you just turn on and go, this is the one to get.

*Empire Prophecy

Weight: 1 lb 4oz
Efficiency: 10-15 cases
Activation: Sound
Capacity: 225
Sound Signature: Not noticeable
Average Expected Feedrate: 25+bps
Pros: Clutch drive, rip drive, adjustable settings, adjustable ball stack tension, ball stack tension monitor, tool-less disassembly, large feed mouth, low profile
Cons: More complicated than the other superloaders, black shell'd feednecks prone to cracking.
Overview: Offers the most adjustability options out of all the super loaders.

Dye Rotor

Weight: 1lb 5.6oz
Efficiency: 20-25 cases
Activation: Tension
Capacity: 185
Average Expected Feedrate: 18bps
Pros: Water proof, simple, durable shell and feedneck, literally idiot proof
Cons: Doesn't hold as much paint as the other superloaders, sometimes jams
Overview If you don't care about capacity and just want a loader that isn't going to break

#91 Quinn

Quinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

Still has a strong, durable shell, bigger lid for less pouring accidents. Adjustable nose cones that won't effect profile (like the rotor). Also, lighter than the rotor.

Technology- Now this is where the prophecy shines. Speed, mic sensitivity settings. Ball stack tension monitor on/off. Adjustable ball stack tension. Rip drive(manual override, can chrono without wasting battery life), clutch drive (easiest on paint). Proven motor design, easy to clean. Auto anti jam (although it doesnt jam). Magnetic with spring assisted lid.

Pinokio

Overview: If you want a simple loader that you just turn on and go, this is the one to get.

*Empire Prophecy

Pros: Clutch drive, rip drive, adjustable settings, adjustable ball stack tension, ball stack tension monitor, tool-less disassembly, large feed mouth, low profile
Cons: More complicated than the other superloaders, black shell'd feednecks prone to cracking.

Dye Rotor

Overview If you don't care about capacity and just want a loader that isn't going to break

First of all thanks for your reply D.K.
I just fit 1 standard pod+ 60 paintballs=200 capacity using a completely standard rotor. It was completely loose when closing the lid and the lid did not put any pressure onto the balls. All in a days work of proving you wrong D.K. jk :). So Capacity is pretty standard for the rotor. As far as the Prophecy goes I'm all for it. I have alot of buddies including teammates who own and use the rotor. I think Rotor VS Prophecy is more of a Simple VS Adjustibility argument like you said. I think the feedneck is a great design on the prophecy. Not so much the material but the design of the actual feedneck. I still think the rotor dominates in that catagory. I haven't seen either the prophecy or rotor break the shell or feedneck but I doubt the prophecy can take those take a 3 story drop, underwater completely submerged or blow torch :). I also love the flick on flick off of the prophecy but I don't like how the light blinks insted of just staying on. Also love the magnetic lid, super smooth reloading.

Ambush Paintball
Paintballgear.ca
Kee Action Sports
Ambush Army Corruption
Say No to .50 Cal! Put this in your sig if you hate the way it will change paintball!

#92 M01R

M01R

It's using the trees!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

I just fit 1 standard pod+ 60 paintballs=200 capacity using a completely standard rotor. It was completely loose when closing the lid and the lid did not put any pressure onto the balls. All in a days work of proving you wrong D.K. jk Posted Image. So Capacity is pretty standard for the rotor. As far as the Prophecy goes I'm all for it. I have alot of buddies including teammates who own and use the rotor. I think Rotor VS Prophecy is more of a Simple VS Adjustibility argument like you said. I think the feedneck is a great design on the prophecy. Not so much the material but the design of the actual feedneck. I still think the rotor dominates in that catagory. I haven't seen either the prophecy or rotor break the shell or feedneck but I doubt the prophecy can take those take a 3 story drop, underwater completely submerged or blow torch Posted Image. I also love the flick on flick off of the prophecy but I don't like how the light blinks insted of just staying on. Also love the magnetic lid, super smooth reloading.

Shenanigans on the capacity. I can not fit a locklid while playing into a Rotor. Video please.

Hows a 6'5'' guy with a hammer and a clamp sound for you? Seem like more force than a 3 story drop? Terminal velocity isn't very fast for a Rotor because it's much lighter than a human being. Here's that video of the 6'5'' guy with a hammer and a clamp:

You gotta be careful. Don't just go in there with hopes you'll be done in a few seconds, take time, make designs, put your name in it. Whatever. It gets the job done, and you feel good after, knowing nobodycan steal your junk, because your name is engraved in your manhair.

Sickest Gearbag Sale on TechPB! Check it out!

#93 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:08 AM

Quinn- the prophecy and rotor capacity numbers where used with the same exact paint in my room. I still have that paint and both loaders. The pinokio capacity numbers came from a trusty staff member as I can't really get my hands on one.

Thanks for your reply.

#94 NYCBalla

NYCBalla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

These are great stats
Who would've knew the vibe would win any of this? It is truly underrated.

#95 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

Pinokio

*Empire Prophecy

Dye Rotor

I just fit 1 standard pod+ 60 paintballs=200 capacity using a completely standard rotor. It was completely loose when closing the lid and the lid did not put any pressure onto the balls. All in a days work of proving you wrong D.K. jk Posted Image. So Capacity is pretty standard for the rotor. As far as the Prophecy goes I'm all for it. I have alot of buddies including teammates who own and use the rotor. I think Rotor VS Prophecy is more of a Simple VS Adjustibility argument like you said. I think the feedneck is a great design on the prophecy. Not so much the material but the design of the actual feedneck. I still think the rotor dominates in that catagory. I haven't seen either the prophecy or rotor break the shell or feedneck but I doubt the prophecy can take those take a 3 story drop, underwater completely submerged or blow torch Posted Image. I also love the flick on flick off of the prophecy but I don't like how the light blinks insted of just staying on. Also love the magnetic lid, super smooth reloading.

what r U guys talkin about? vl200 ftw! it should get the award for most popular loader of all time! no, like seriously, it is the most popular loader. i don't care who you are, you have used a vl200. deez da factz! :D

Posted Image

#96 SirRod

SirRod

God Made Paintball for Me!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

All the Smart Parts bashers take that....I love it.
Thanks Mike again for your honest to the point results.
Posted Image

John 15v13, Pslam 91

#97 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

Canadian Cross Dressing, Bull ball Toucher.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

All the Smart Parts bashers take that....I love it.
Thanks Mike again for your honest to the point results.

This has nothing to do with bashing Smart Parts. This has everything to do with recognizing markers for what they are.

So tempted to suspend Kitty just so I can say I have....
Okay, fuck it....I just banned Kitty, that's going in the sig.

Administrator - ICD Owner's Group

Posted Image

#98 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Bad Ass Mother Fucker Paintball Player of the Year award-
Borg - The Croatian Sensation!! Die hard Quake 2 fan, he wears a helmet with AK-47 Rounds drilled into it. He can pound more mountain dew, and eat more junkfood than all the women on the television show "The View" combined, yet has less fat than a house salad. His fields are still smoldering from the wars in the late ninties. He plays in bombed out buildings with bullet holes peppering the walls and craters from artillery shells. He uses less than 2 pods a DAY of playing. A case of paint cost him a WEEK'S PAY! Using a dated computer, he cranks out out some of the best FPS videos on the internet. Borg truly is one of the baddest mother fuckers to ever play the sport.... EVER!! WE ARE BORG!!!! SCORE IS IRRELEVANT!!!

Now I'm proud to be Croat!

#99 woodsballer

woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

ive accually bought 2 of the products on here because of ur videos mike and i love them. thanks!
woodsballer
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
If you believe monster-balls need to be banned, put this in your signature

#100 Bob Long Vice

Bob Long Vice

Fez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

most likely the new etek will smoke the etek2

Im sorry im usually a huge fan but this list is total BULLSHIT the protege KILLS the etek, the etek II and i don't know yet but probably the etek III, plus the victory OR the vice both KILL the ego 09 and your forgetting about the G3 IQ which comes with psp 3 shot SHAM ON YOU MIKE!!!!!! YOUR A SELLOUT
bob long Vice FTW
"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you need to rethink your strategy"
"Pump players are the Weird Al's of the paintball world. Completely pointless and crazy, but you always get a laugh." Sasquatch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users