Photo

TechPB Awards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#101 Tizzy

Tizzy

All posts below mine require a piece of paper w/ name/date!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

most likely the new etek will smoke the etek2

Im sorry im usually a huge fan but this list is total BULLSHIT the protege KILLS the etek, the etek II and i don't know yet but probably the etek III, plus the victory OR the vice both KILL the ego 09 and your forgetting about the G3 IQ which comes with psp 3 shot SHAM ON YOU MIKE!!!!!! YOUR A SELLOUT

sigh

Edited by Tizzy, 23 September 2009 - 12:29 AM.

Avalon's Fury

Posted Image

What do you mean physically damaged? And would I sent the tank in?

if you hit it with a hammer, dragged it behind the car, threw it at a tree, etc...

#102 louie HB

louie HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

what about the vice?

#103 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

Im sorry im usually a huge fan but this list is total BULLSHIT the protege KILLS the etek, the etek II and i don't know yet but probably the etek III, plus the victory OR the vice both KILL the ego 09 and your forgetting about the G3 IQ which comes with psp 3 shot SHAM ON YOU MIKE!!!!!! YOUR A SELLOUT

Who got the lifetime gun award? Bob Long.

For someone semi just getting into the sport (looking at a mid range marker) they need all the good packaging they can get. PE wins that battle. PE also has better packaging in the tournament gun range.

Etek vs Protege- LOL. What do you mean one is better? They are equally accurate. Equally fast. Pretty much equal in weight. The ETEK does have a on/off asa and clamping feedneck.

Probably think before you post because in that short session alone you had no real logic.

#104 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

sigh

facepalm...

Posted Image

U83r 1337: I have a natural tendency to tilt my barrel downwards when I pump it, does that mean I'm destined for stock class?Tmaned: Sounds more like you're destined for rollouts.

#105 quackSH

quackSH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

I think that Borg deserves about 10 flying monkies for being that badass!

#106 baller3388

baller3388

Head Face Mower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:20 PM

nice
<!--quoteo(post=431186:date=Jun 25 2009, 08:38 PM:name=PrometheanFlame)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrometheanFlame @ Jun 25 2009, 08:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=431186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Reiker is naturally bald because he has a penis for a head. Mike is bald by choice because it makes him more aerodynamic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Posted Image

#107 Hero'sforaday

Hero'sforaday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

i don't know if the pinochio is the ultimate loader. what about the dye rotor? just saying i still love mike
Everybody out here is the team that wants to beat Coalition but we arent gonna let that happen now are we boys! Because when we meet on the field in a gunfight we will fuck you up!
Posted Image
IF U LIVE IN THE MIDWEST PUT THIS IN UR SIG
If you've never been on PBN and have been banned put this on your sig! TECHPB 4 LIFE.

#108 Xarenity

Xarenity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

LOl I agree with the sp-1 woodsball setup!!

#109 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

693 if you're a King Kong sexual tyrannosaurus coming out of the bedroom with a towel wrapped around you drinking kool-aid saying "who's next" overboring super-stud like me

Mike, you act like your the only one...

sigwf.png

#110 cptcomisi94

cptcomisi94

US ARMY BALLA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

SHAM ON YOU MIKE!!!!!! YOUR A SELLOUT
[/quote]

WTFs your problem
Posted Image
if the 1st thing youd grab in a fire is ur paintball gear put this in your sig

bugdet baller!!

#111 MikeW

MikeW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Sorry Spitlebug, but the SP-1 absolutely DESTROYS the Model 98 C, in every single way possible

First off, the SP-1 is electronic, the M98 isn't

The SP-1 never chops paint. Put a shake-and-shoot loader on the M98C, and on the SP-1 and shoot 4 pods as fast as you can. With the SP-1, clean barrel. M98C, blender

The SP-1 has an amazing regulator on it, M98 doesn't

The SP-1 absolutely CRUSHES the M98C on the field, dood this isn't even a contest. If you took a M98C, and I took a bone stock SP-1 and we played 1 on 1 in the woods, you'd get absolutely crushed by the firepower of the SP-1

M98C is a decent gun, but the SP-1 absolutely destroys it. And the SP-1 destroys the A5's, it also destroys the TM7, X7, and every other "woodsball" marker made today.

you need to chill with the extreme verbs and such. every sentence in this thread basically has u saying ABSOLUTELY, THE BEST, CRUSH and so forth. if you say that about EVERYTHING, then they cant all be the best...

p.s. colpletely disagree with the best 300$ gun. G3 by far. u say u need to purchase the $30 CP barrel for the vibe, and I would like to argue is that u just need to buy the $30 replacement board for the g3.

You can compare 2 things and say one is better, and why, without all the extreme verbage EVERY time. it get tiring to read and loses meaning.

Edited by MikeW, 26 September 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#112 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

Sorry Spitlebug, but the SP-1 absolutely DESTROYS the Model 98 C, in every single way possible

The SP-1 never chops paint. Put a shake-and-shoot loader on the M98C, and on the SP-1 and shoot 4 pods as fast as you can. With the SP-1, clean barrel. M98C, blender

The SP-1 absolutely CRUSHES the M98C on the field, dood this isn't even a contest. If you took a M98C, and I took a bone stock SP-1 and we played 1 on 1 in the woods, you'd get absolutely crushed by the firepower of the SP-1

M98C is a decent gun, but the SP-1 absolutely destroys it. And the SP-1 destroys the A5's, it also destroys the TM7, X7, and every other "woodsball" marker made today.

you need to chill with the extreme verbs and such. every sentence in this thread basically has u saying ABSOLUTELY, THE BEST, CRUSH and so forth. if you say that about EVERYTHING, then they cant all be the best...

p.s. colpletely disagree with the best 300$ gun. G3 by far. u say u need to purchase the $30 CP barrel for the vibe, and I would like to argue is that u just need to buy the $30 replacement board for the g3.

You can compare 2 things and say one is better, and why, without all the extreme verbage EVERY time. it get tiring to read and loses meaning.

It's because I own both

It's like comparing a toyota to a ferrari, it's not even close. Imagine if someone walked up to you and said "My Scion can smoke that GT40 in a race"

Buy both, play with both

#113 soccerpunk911

soccerpunk911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:59 PM

It's because I own both

It's like comparing a toyota to a ferrari, it's not even close. Imagine if someone walked up to you and said "My Scion can smoke that GT40 in a race"

Buy both, play with both

agreed, if you've played with both then you would know, unless MikeW has played with both, but for sure Techpb-Mike has played with both and what not. Keep up the good work, and check the players club section Mike!!!

#114 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

Protege - 12" barrel
Etek - 14" barrel

Protege - collar feedneck
Etek - Clamping feedneck

Etek - great packaging, includes case, lube, orings, tools, barrel sock, 50+ page color manual
Protege - no packaging, no manual, no lube, rarely do you get orings, no barrel sock, no tools, no case

Colors - Etek2 comes in tons of colors, Protege comes in 4

Trigger - Etek2 has spring tension adjustment, Protege does not

Milling - Etek2 has considerably better milling than the boxy Protege

Grips - Etek2 has wraparound grips, protege has panel grips

ASA - Protege has ASA, ETEK2 has on/off ASA with bleed

If you have actually taken both of these guns out of the box, and held them in your hands, you'd see the Etek2 absolutely smokes the Protege in this price point. Just the packaging alone wins this contest, when you take everything else into consideration, it's not even a contest

Nice try though

#115 TheWelderDude

TheWelderDude

Dream It Weld It

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:21 AM

Lifetime Paintball Gun Award-
Bob Long Alias - Still to this day, the Bob Long Alias continues to be the benchmark in terms of performance, smooth shooting, consistency, amazing trigger feel, reliability, ease of use, easy to adjust, insane rates of fire in semi auto, just one of the best all time paintball guns ever made. Considering the Alias was built back in 2003/2004, this gun still continues to be a dominant force on the paintball field. With nothing more than a $10 board flash, a bone stock Alias from 2003 can compete with nearly any marker on the field made today. There is no gun, in the history of paintball, that has earned this award more than the Bob Long Alias.

I agree with this statement above

Protege - 12" barrel
Etek - 14" barrel

Etek - Clamping feedneck

Etek - great packaging, includes case, lube, orings, tools, barrel sock, 50+ page color manual
Protege - no packaging, no manual, no lube, rarely do you get orings, no barrel sock, no tools, no case

If you have actually taken both of these guns out of the box, and held them in your hands, you'd see the Etek2 absolutely smokes the Protege in this price point. Just the packaging alone wins this contest, when you take everything else into consideration, it's not even a contest

Nice try though

im going to have to say the etek wins agaist the protege im a big bob long fan but the etek wins
AWS (American Welding Society) Member and Certified Welder

IBC

#116 soccerpunk911

soccerpunk911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

sigh

I still don't get how he's a sell out, the facts are right in front of you

#117 Deathshroud

Deathshroud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

Protege - 12" barrel
Etek - 14" barrel

Etek - Clamping feedneck

Nice try though

ZiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiNG.

#118 Pulsar

Pulsar

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

The PMR is 450$ new how is it in the 300$ category?
Olive/Aurora Etek 1,68/4500 Generic Tank, Halo B

1 of 1 Olive/Aurora Etek 1 F/S/T http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=158759

92 % Of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your ass off put this in your sig

#119 hazardpaintballteam

hazardpaintballteam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

I agree with pretty much everything except for the best big game. You havent seen anything until you come to the cousins big game on Coram long island tanks, helicopters, watch towers, missile bases,and oil fields this is the best big game ever. Last year we had like 2000 people all playing ( if you go this year.it's in may and go on blue team please I dont want to be on the other side of your T9)

#120 The_Azn12

The_Azn12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

very informative lol helped me alot ^_^

Edited by The_Azn12, 27 September 2009 - 09:52 PM.

if your a struggling pb player paying your own way without parental help put this in your sig ^_^

Take one fore Asia!!!!

#121 The_Azn12

The_Azn12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Protege - 12" barrel
Etek - 14" barrel

Etek - Clamping feedneck

Nice try though

ZiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiNG.

pwned!!!
if your a struggling pb player paying your own way without parental help put this in your sig ^_^

Take one fore Asia!!!!

#122 shadowthread

shadowthread

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

haha..hahah hahah hahaha. your funny. but. you fail.
im pretty sure our fearless leader mike knows what hes talking about.

#123 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Leader?

#124 cptcomisi94

cptcomisi94

US ARMY BALLA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

lol leader
Posted Image
if the 1st thing youd grab in a fire is ur paintball gear put this in your sig

bugdet baller!!

#125 CollinKirkbride

CollinKirkbride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

Man, i'm glad i bought an alias.

But did you have to be so harsh on us underborers?

Lol, he was pretty harsh on you guys... Hahaha
"I am the action, the reaction, the reason, and the product of what just fucking happened."

#126 joker6

joker6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

WOW. You said it best. I bought my slg after your review and loved it until it failed me over and over. Hopefully the Autococker SR that i just picked up for 250 can replace it. What about air tanks? Did i miss it? I'd be shocked if you didn't give it to Ninja PAINTBALL!

#127 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

Not wanting to get into a debate on the matter, but I would like to point out some things (for clarity):

1.) Being mechanical is not in any way, shape or form a drawback.
2.) M98's can be electronic - right from the factory.
3.) All markers chop paint. It is what it is.
4.) M98's don't require post regulation and is HPA and CO2 friendly.
5.) Performance on field is relative.
6.) I don't like A5's. Not really a fan, never have been.
7.) Most "woodsball" and "scenario" markers in the last 3 years have been M98 or A5 clones. There are exceptions, but this is the "norm".

1) Spitle, are you on crack? If there is no drawback to using mechanical markers? Ummmm, rate of fire? Solenoid? regulator?
2) They still don't have a regulator, and are HORRIBLY inconsistent at best.
3) No they don't, a spring driven blowback comes forward with considerably more speed and more force, than the lightweight, regulator controlled bolt of the SP-1. Put your finger in the breech and pull the trigger, you'll see what I mean
4) Sure, and if your tank drops below 500psi, you won't be able to get to 300fps. The SP-1 has a CO2 friendly regulator, than still shoots even when the tank is ice code and freezing. Once you freeze the tank on a Tippmann, the striker can't return and the gun goes fully automatic, and drains the tank even more. The SP-1 operates down to 200psi input pressure and still shoots with no problem. The Tippmann needs 500psi just to cycle.
5) Relative to the fact that the SP-1 will be extremely consistent over the chronograph due to the regulator, and the M98 will not
7) This is erronious info, doesn't mean anything. The Model 98 has been around for years, the SP-1 is around a year old.

It's a great attempt at defending the Model 98, but the SP-1 absolutely crushes it, destroys it, embarrasses it on the field. It's not even close in comparison.

1. Mechanical Markers do not have an inherently lower ROF. Solenoids do not offer an inherent advantage. Regulators do not offer an inherent advantage.

2. Regulators do not offer an inherent advantage. The CPX valve used with the M98 was designed to use both liquid and vapor CO2. Once you take into account that the Vibe requires an Anti Siphon tank to function properly, your argument falls apart. You can't compare a M98 with a normal CO2 tank to a Vibe with an Anti Siphon tank. Even if you make the stretch of an arguement that you MUST use the same kind of tank for my arguement to be valid, you can simply turn an A/S tank upsidedown to get a ghetto siphon tank. A M98 using pure liquid CO2 will outpreform an A/S Vibe by a longshot.

3. The Blackheart Vibe does not have a low force bolt. The bolt uses more than enough force to chop paint, so the amount of force the M98 uses is irrelevent. A bolt with enough force to chop paint and a bolt that uses 10x as much force are both going to chop paint equally well.

4. See #2. With a siphon tank, your tank pressure will not drop until it is nearly empty.

5. A siphoned M98 will be more consistent than a A/S Vibe. The regulator is irrelevent.

er·ro·ne·ous (Posted Image-rPosted ImagenPosted ImagePosted Image-Posted Images)adj. Containing or derived from error; mistaken: erroneous conclusions.

I don't see how his statement is erroneous.

Edited by Christopher, 12 January 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#128 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

WOW. You said it best. I bought my slg after your review and loved it until it failed me over and over. Hopefully the Autococker SR that i just picked up for 250 can replace it. What about air tanks? Did i miss it? I'd be shocked if you didn't give it to Ninja PAINTBALL!

necro post and signature fail!

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#129 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

Whatchu know bout 600 subscribers!? ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hey mike what ever happened to "its not the gun its the player :P

#130 DenverRyan

DenverRyan

"My Dominican chick looking like Scarface sister"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

overbore im a badass 2 lol jk
FeedBack +6/-0
CK contract killer
LA Lakers still suck..Gasol Flops,Fish Flops,Kobe Gets all the calls and more.Kobe is still not as good as mike!
Posted Image

Sick Nasty Gat

#131 aitchfourex

aitchfourex

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

Don't make fun of underboring :(
SONATA ARCTICA

#132 ddriskill

ddriskill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

Great job on the awards, Mike.
. Posted Image .

#133 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

Thread necromancy.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users