8 replies to this topic

#1 o-baller

o-baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

To anyone in general, do you know how large Hess sensors are? Cocker Punk mentioned them on his Sandridge episode. More importantly, how hard is it to make a board that can control the Hess Sensors? Thanks for any information.
Sqaush the Bug and Whip the Hips- Coach Watkins

98% of statistics in peoples sigs are made up

#2 Snipez4664

Snipez4664

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

1. This isn't really what this forum is about. This forum is supposed to be about the science of paintball.

2. H.E.S. hall effect sensor... HES Sensor is like saying ATM Machine or PIN Number

3. They're tiny. The ones I have are maybe 3mmx3mmx2mm or something like that, but they will fit basically anywhere. Most include a Schmidt trigger that ends up with a binary (on/off) activation that you can substitute a microswitch with, but others will give an analog signal. Make sure you get the one to fit your application.

4. Board design depends on the desired task and the HES used. Board design is never hard until the logic gets really complex, IMO. Also, most if not all HES sensors need a separate power lead, so that needs to be accounted for also.
Posted Image

This post brought to you by: Lurker
Owner/Operator/Lead Engineer - Lurker Paintball
Check out our products at Lurker Paintball

#3 Tagline

Tagline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

This belongs in voided warranty

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#4 o-baller

o-baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

Sorry, I dont think other people would be as knowledgable about this topic. I was wondering if it was possible to make a modern gun such as the Dyes or Egos to use this sensor. This section has compiled some of the smartest people from paintball and I knew I could get an answer from Punk Works

#5 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

moved - but good question.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#6 Iram

Iram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

It's a shame they aren't used more. If you put sensors like this in the breach, you could probably write software that will have an "automatic" anti bolt stick that would adjust itself.

#7 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

Sorry, I dont think other people would be as knowledgable about this topic. I was wondering if it was possible to make a modern gun such as the Dyes or Egos to use this sensor. This section has compiled some of the smartest people from paintball and I knew I could get an answer from Punk Works

Minis are pretty modern... they use a HES for their trigger mechanism.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
06 Cyborg, Grey Ghost 2006, PM8, Classic Automag
Proto Matrix Owners Group

#8 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

I'm pretty sure you can get them and the dimensions from Mcmaster, it just might take a bit of searching.

#9 o-baller

o-baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

Minis are pretty modern... they use a HES for their trigger mechanism.

-Z3R0

I was talking about making them operate like Cockerpunks Sandridge. I think if enough support was built up for this idea a major company would take notice and actually use the good technology from the Sandridge in a new gun. Imaging a gun that cant chop. MMM tasty.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users