• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jcdub0319

jcdub0319

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Ok anybody know where i can get gun parts done in aurora? Does anybody know how expensive it would be to do parts like barrel tips, eye covers, feednecks, ramp caps and such?

#2 LucidPb

LucidPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

Planet eclipse guns have that for like every year of ego and the DM7's have them. I dont know of anything else that sells them separate.

Looking for a team. I live in St.Pete FL
I put the biscuit in the basket.
DM7 owner

#3 jcdub0319

jcdub0319

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

Thanks but i mean send the parts in to have them colored, not have then come from the factory, custom jobs like people get done with ano-ing

#4 the man

the man

young padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

odd does it... but its ridiculously expensive

#5 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

You are better off trying to get "oil slick". It's not anno, but it looks very similar to Aurora.

#6 jcdub0319

jcdub0319

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

can any body tell me why im better off with such and such instead of aurora? or why it is soo expensive? i mean if planet eclipse can sell aurora color kits (which include half of the pieces i need) for no more then 130 bucks, then how can a few more parts cost that much more?

#7 VIPaintball_Andrew

VIPaintball_Andrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

Well, from what I've heard its pretty much a hit and miss process. Some turn out, others don't. Planet Eclipse can probably sell the kits at a decent price because if one doesn't turn out, they can just mill and anodize another. Sending in parts to get annoed Aurora probably requires a procedure that is A LOT more careful and precise due to need to get it right the first and only time. That, to me, would explain the price difference.

#8 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

Well, from what I've heard its pretty much a hit and miss process. Some turn out, others don't. Planet Eclipse can probably sell the kits at a decent price because if one doesn't turn out, they can just mill and anodize another. Sending in parts to get annoed Aurora probably requires a procedure that is A LOT more careful and precise due to need to get it right the first and only time. That, to me, would explain the price difference.

Aurora is not an anno, it's electroplating. There are a lot of steps involved, but it's not that risky to do.

#9 VIPaintball_Andrew

VIPaintball_Andrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

Sorry, yes, you are correct. It's an electroplating process, not anodization.

I was told that it was a relatively risky process, but maybe I was misinformed.

#10 Paintballwizzkid

Paintballwizzkid

ummmm.....OWNED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:20 AM

hmmm. the annoe is a very rare "electroplating" process that not many companies do, but if you find one it would probably be much mroe then you think it is worth doing.

#11 Cody Z

Cody Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

I have been trying to get this done for a year, your not going to find anyone to do it. ODD dosnt do it anymore, and this is why.

Very expensive, take alot of time and a very skilled person, the messup rate is very high, and if they messup your part is ruend and they cant try it again with that part. So your best bet is buying some already done parts. cause you probably wont find anyone to do it now. It was big 2 years ago when they first started doing it, but people lost so much money it wasnt worth the time and effort.

BUT!

If you find someone to do it, let me know :lol:

And the CCU kits you can get arnt made to order, they are 1-2 years old. eclipse and other companies made up ALOT of them and there still flowting around. thats why they are so cheap. and why getting new parts done are so expencive.

-peace
No.15
UMSSOG Co-Captian

#12 bloodwake14

bloodwake14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:07 PM

it isnt an anno. its electrical currents sent thru the metal giving it the color. thats why its so expensive... And oil slic is just a film.. a lamanite if you will..

#13 grant

grant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

the process isnt very risky. ODD didnt mess up any of them it just requires 50k volts and alot of high dollar equipments like in the 100k range to my understanding.

#14 BoyzfromIllinoiz

BoyzfromIllinoiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Yea it used to be very risky and unregulated and very costly. But odd has figured out the aurora process to where it isn't a hit and miss. But its still vary expensive. Theres a guy rolling around the nation that does the aurora for odd. So you can get it done. But you will want about $2000 to do it.

Roth

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users