149 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

If you use CO2, join. It's that simple. Basically I'm looking for a nice group of people to bounce ideas off of and have discussions/debates with. I'm also looking for FAQs and information to add to my website, as well as to help anyone with questions. There are no rules or requirements for joining, but it would be nice if you could give a little information about yourself as a player. Feel free to share any tips, tricks, or questions that you may have regarding CO2 or anything else.

Members:

Christopher
Antifat
Kenzie
U83R 1337
Maj Tom
MadHatta
GasParoV
Cheap-o
WhatsHisFace
chewiestmonkey
fieldblazer
slgballa94
TheOneAndOnly
BEASTY
Drummie224
bgearing
Ktap
Bigballa
Tor
De Blazer
Big Juice
OMGPaintball
ccskiller
match99
Darksideshooters

Edited by Christopher, 28 February 2010 - 03:48 PM.

#2 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

snip.

Edited by Christopher, 21 February 2010 - 05:44 PM.

#3 antifat

antifat

King Thread Killer!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

However, I could not notice much performance difference between my CO2 tanks and HPA tank. What I did notice was that the 72/3000 was much, much heavier, and gave fewer shots than my 20oz tanks.

QFT

But I'm just going to keep mine short and to the point, I use CO2. Only problem I have had, I set my pressure for the lowest it would go before it wouldn't recock, pretty dumb on my part, so when I was playing, I hadn't even shot a bag (over the whole day, 2nd game of the day, in an hour) It started autofiring, and just kept going, until I ran out of juice, then we went swimming. :)

Posted Image

#4 kenzie

kenzie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

i use both CO2 and HPA not reaily that much EXP to notic the diforance but yr website is reaily useful just looked at it nice work
hope more people are goin open minded anoth to reailz the advangaes of CO2
sighn me up for this club :)
hummmmm SLG or G3 hummmmmmm ?
If your under 18 and you pay for your own gear put this in your sig :D CO2 User's Club

IF YOU WORK TO PAY FOR YOUR GEAR
PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE

#5 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

How did the mechanical vibe work? Did you make a guide, or do you have a paint drawing or something showing how you did it?

I'm in.

Edited by U83R 1337, 23 August 2009 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#6 x baller

x baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

Could you please explain to me in pm how you get to the hidden stock vibe dwell mode?

Vibe Tribe, Ninja Tank, Halo Clan, Christian Ballers Club, Night Owls!

#7 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

I am the only guy to use Co2 on his cocker where I live, and one of the only to use Co2 on a phantom o.O

I run a 3.5 oz on my phantom, and on my cocker. 12 grams are used from time to time.

Obviously I play pump, and Co2 makes it easier than having to fill up my 13ci tank every game... and I get a nicer shot with it. I love a fun and fair game, even if it means me having to switch over to the losing side. I will play any kind of paintball, anytime.

I'm a younger player, I only have just over 3 years experience... but I know a lot more about paintball than people who have been playing much longer than I have. I was gone from my home for around 6 weeks, and within 16 hours of getting back, I had fixed 2 guns, when I was supposed to be playing... Whenever there is a problem with somebodies cocker, ego, ion, timmy - I am the first stop.

#8 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

Could you please explain to me in pm how you get to the hidden stock vibe dwell mode?

It's no secret, but it only worked on the Gen-1 Vibes. If you have a select fire board it won't work. I'm pretty sure that you hold the power button while pulling the trigger while putting the battery in. If that's not it, I can find it from one of my old PBN posts.

Working on that mech Vibe diagram as we speak.

Edited by Christopher, 23 August 2009 - 07:31 PM.

#9 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hold just the power button while plugging the battery in. Should blink once.
http://forum.paintba...file.php?id=326

As for the club you can call me a member. Haven't touched hpa in over 2 years. By the way, how'd you like the Nova Chris?

Edited by Maj Tom, 23 August 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#10 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

That's for the newer version. The older non select fire Vibe could be adjusted in ms increments. There was nothing about it in the manual, so most of the people who stumbled into the menu ended up thinking their gun was broken. I think it was the same input as the tournament lock on the newer Vibes, which added to some of the confusion.

I've been wanting to handle a Nova for years now. I'm fascinated by pneumatic-mech guns, and the Nova is one of the few types to go into production. After I fixed it up I ended up selling it for $215, which worked out pretty well on my end.

#11 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

Would it be possible to make a mech ion, the same way you would make a mech vibe?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#12 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

Would it be possible to make a mech ion, the same way you would make a mech vibe?

Yep, in fact I've built one before. Here is a rough diagram of the plumbing.

Posted Image

This is just a basic version with nothing fancy added on. On mine I managed to get the trigger to fire on both the pull and release, and if you can cram a pilot valve in the grip frame (or bolt it on somewhere), you can get a trigger pull lighter than a microswitch.

#13 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

What is that yellow thing?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#14 MadHatta

MadHatta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:56 AM

only CO2 for me, id rather play with my 2 20oz tanks and play longer then only be able to afford 1 HPA tank and play less time.... only been playing for a few months, but been wanting to play for years just couldnt get either of my parents into letting me play, but now im on my own and i can play....just got my first marker a week ago though. I hated barrowing my friends crap.

#15 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:11 AM

What is that yellow thing?

It was a plug that was threaded into the body to hold the valve in place and cover the hole. I could easily do a conversion like this for you if you like, but I'd be happy to walk you through it as well.

only CO2 for me, id rather play with my 2 20oz tanks and play longer then only be able to afford 1 HPA tank and play less time.... only been playing for a few months, but been wanting to play for years just couldnt get either of my parents into letting me play, but now im on my own and i can play....just got my first marker a week ago though. I hated barrowing my friends crap.

Added.

#16 MadHatta

MadHatta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:28 AM

4 sure

has anyone though about painting there tank? or have painted there tank, i wanna give mine a red camo look. just not sure how well it would work, or how safe it is.

Edited by MadHatta, 24 August 2009 - 10:25 AM.

#17 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Count me in?

#18 GasParoV

GasParoV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

I've never used HPA, put me up there.

What do you guys know about using Co2 with superguns?

#19 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

If you have an anti siphon and dual reg, it should be fine.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#20 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

4 sure

has anyone though about painting there tank? or have painted there tank, i wanna give mine a red camo look. just not sure how well it would work, or how safe it is.

It's perfectly safe as long as you can see the hydro date and other stamps. I've done a few of mine with Duracoat and auto paint, and they came out pretty nice.

Posted Image

I've never used HPA, put me up there.

What do you guys know about using Co2 with superguns?

There isn't much to know. As long as you keep liquid out, you'll be fine.

#21 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Did you dual reg the mini? The regulator is the ASA correct? So where did the reg to keep the liquid out go?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#22 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Did you dual reg the mini? The regulator is the ASA correct? So where did the reg to keep the liquid out go?

I just ran it on anti siphon most of the time. You don't really need a second regulator to keep liquid out, it's mainly for consistency. I tried running it from my Maxflo on remote a few times, but I couldn't stand the feel of it. I came very close to doing this, but I ended up selling it.

#23 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

Count me in on the club!

I use CO2 with my pumps (9oz and 12g's) :D

On my sniper I have a stabilizer. Epic win?

I do have a steely tank that I sometimes use, but it's too small for my outlaw games. When I'm using CO2, I'm not afraid to screw it into any marker (ok, well maybe not a RT mag) for leak testing / slow dryfiring. Sure there's some risk, but it's not going to blow up my marker.

Question for you Chris, for that yellow thing on the Vibe diagram, would that thing that people use for pneumags work for it too?

Edited by csskiller, 24 August 2009 - 06:49 PM.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#24 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

Count me in on the club!

I use CO2 with my pumps (9oz and 12g's) :D

On my sniper I have a stabilizer. Epic win?

I do have a steely tank that I sometimes use, but it's too small for my outlaw games. When I'm using CO2, I'm not afraid to screw it into any marker (ok, well maybe not a RT mag) for leak testing / slow dryfiring. Sure there's some risk, but it's not going to blow up my marker.

Question for you Chris, for that yellow thing on the Vibe diagram, would that thing that people use for pneumags work for it too?

A MSV-2? Not in the way that I have it plumbed. If you used a pilot valve, then yes, you could. In the configuration I drew you need a normally open valve, like a SMAV-3 or modified Cocker 3/way.

#25 MadHatta

MadHatta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

It's perfectly safe as long as you can see the hydro date and other stamps. I've done a few of mine with Duracoat and auto paint, and they came out pretty nice.

Posted Image

Ya that looks nice, i was gonna just tape off where the DOT info and hydrodate info was and have that not painted, totally like if they just stuck the sticker over the paint.

Edited by MadHatta, 24 August 2009 - 10:02 PM.

#26 fieldblazer

fieldblazer

P1c7ur35 4r3 4 n00b5, 4nd n0n-l337 sp34k3r5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:42 PM

I use CO2. I use a 24 oz Stryker CO2 bottle. Dang its huge.

Pump/stock class Club, Budget Baller Clan, Vulcan Flock president, Tippmann Clan, I have a Cat club, Skinny Ballers Club, Fit Ballers club, WMW's!!!!!, Christian Baller Club
If you wake up to Techpb put this in your sig!

#27 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

Posted Image

Ya that looks nice, i was gonna just tape off where the DOT info and hydrodate info was and have that not painted, totally like if they just stuck the sticker over the paint.

As long as it's stamped into the tank you won't need to do that. But if you had it re-tested and it has the sticker, you will need to tape it off.

#28 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

id like to be in this!
i dont use co2 often (excpet for 12gs,) but i dont deny that it has definate advantages.

and btw christopher i sent you a reply on your maxflo thread. hope you reply soon! if not oh well
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#29 MadHatta

MadHatta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:32 AM

As long as it's stamped into the tank you won't need to do that. But if you had it re-tested and it has the sticker, you will need to tape it off.

ok, well i didnt think about that, but good point although when i do paint my tank it will have black in it still so it will just work to my benefit.

#30 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

where do you think I could grab more anti siphon pin valves?

I have a scenario on sunday and I dont think my 3.5 oz will cut it... or will I even need a anti siphon? (I'll be running an E2 cocker)

#31 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

I have a scenario on sunday and I dont think my 3.5 oz will cut it... or will I even need a anti siphon? (I'll be running an E2 cocker)

Anti-siphon man! I'm pretty sure liquid CO2 + LP hosing = FAIL. So having a chance of getting liquid is bad.

Edited by csskiller, 25 August 2009 - 12:59 PM.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#32 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

Anti-siphon man! I'm pretty sure liquid CO2 + LP hosing = FAIL. So having a chance of getting liquid is bad.

I can't call myself a semi user so I can never be too careful in asking...

oh well, I guess I will have to break out HPA *gasps*

#33 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

SO I'm cruising ebay for a cheap ion, what else do I need to make it mech? I'm assuming the eyes, board, and everything attached to the board isn't needed right?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#34 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

SO I'm cruising ebay for a cheap ion, what else do I need to make it mech? I'm assuming the eyes, board, and everything attached to the board isn't needed right?

You'll need the barbs and the LP hosing.

My Feedback

#35 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

Add me as well (I use co2 on my phantom and PGP). This club is going to be pretty interesting.

#36 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

Add me as well (I use co2 on my phantom and PGP). This club is going to be pretty interesting.

let the flamers come by the thousands, we shall stand strong, united.

#37 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

Where do I buy barbs and hosing? Does that yellow valve already come in the ion or something?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#38 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

Where do I buy barbs and hosing? Does that yellow valve already come in the ion or something?

You'll need a spring returned 3/way valve (the yellow thing), 5/32 LP tubing, 1/8 LP tubing, 5/32-1/8 reducer T, and a QEV. You can get the parts from pneumatic/industrial suppliers such as Mcmastercarr, Clippard, Poweraire, MSC, or I could sell you a kit with everything you need.

I sell them on my website in my sig, or you could just buy them directly from me.

#39 slgballa94

slgballa94

first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

count me in....
Pump/Stock Players Clan
~first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban from pacostacos88~

#40 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

let the flamers come by the thousands, we shall stand strong, united.

I don't mean flame- wise, I mean for educational purposes.

#41 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

Will anti siphon + a good reg work better than siphon? Which would have better consistency?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#42 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:34 AM

Will anti siphon + a good reg work better than siphon? Which would have better consistency?

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Siphon systems tend to be as consistent as dual regulating, but have unlimited recharge. In very warm temperatures, regulated systems don't suffer from the CO2 going supercritical.

#43 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

By warm temperatures, do you mean +100*F? And how would each compare in 0-15*F temperatures?

Oh, two more questions I forgot. If I were to install an on/ off co2 tank valve, would that need to be done professionally? And I remember you talking about a type of oring that is best for cold temperatures, which type is that again? And is there a company that makes tanks orings with that material?

Edited by WhatsHisFace, 26 August 2009 - 09:51 AM.

#44 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

What if I used a normal co2 tank, with a remote, and a regulator, would that still make LP hoses go boom?

#45 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

As long as the regulator regulates it down to a pressure the LP hose can handle, it should handle it fine.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#46 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

By warm temperatures, do you mean +100*F? And how would each compare in 0-15*F temperatures?

Oh, two more questions I forgot. If I were to install an on/ off co2 tank valve, would that need to be done professionally? And I remember you talking about a type of oring that is best for cold temperatures, which type is that again? And is there a company that makes tanks orings with that material?

The temperature that CO2 goes supercritical is about 90 degrees. The severity of the problem depends on the setup. I devolumize the crap out of my setups, and I've never had a problem with having to intentionally prime my gun, even in 95 degree weather. The more volume you have in your setup, the more noticeable the problem. Again, in cold temperatures, the performance depends on the particular setup. In a regulated setup, the higher your operating pressure, the more risk you have of the CO2 dropping in pressure below the output of your regulator. If your operating pressure is 200 PSI, it's not a problem, but if your operating pressure is 600-800, things probably won't turn out so good. Siphon setups have no problem with the cold.

As for installing a valve, it depends on how much confidence you have in your technical abilities. I do all mine myself with just a vice and a strap wrench. As for O-rings, there are tons of different types of materials that work well in the cold. I've found that MILSPEC Buna N works very well, and is still pretty cheap. I get all mine from Mcmastercarr.com. If you are having problems with breaking tank O-rings , make sure you are pointing the tank up while it is being unscrewed. Most people point the tank down while unscrewing, which releases liquid and causes hell on you tank O-rings.

#47 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

With my siphon tank how should I unscrew it so liquid doesn't come out? Upside down?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#48 slgballa94

slgballa94

first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:14 PM

woot. another club I fit in! yes! ahah. I for some reason like co2 and a tippmann more then my slg and a spyder
Pump/Stock Players Clan
~first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban from pacostacos88~

#49 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

With my siphon tank how should I unscrew it so liquid doesn't come out? Upside down?

That's your best bet.

#50 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

I'm getting a new RAPS ASA for that piranha, is there any way I can shorten the hose so it doesn't bulge anymore?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users