Photo

Need help with a proposal for my local field.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Martin_Wales

Martin_Wales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

So down here in Wales, paintball is pretty lame. I have to play in flooded fields with layouts that are designed to make you waste paint. I was thinking of comming up with a proposal for my local fields owner, about making a sup air field, as there are non that I know of in South Wales. The only problem is, I have no idea where to find out.

Heres what I need to find:

Initial starting cost
  • Including a full/decent size set of bunkers to practice and play on. Preferably Millennium as I think thats what CPPS runs on
  • How much it would cost for a small refill station that would be suitable for about 15 people
  • How big must the peice of land be.
Running cost
  • How many members of staff would be needed on the field at once
  • How much it would cost to refill the air tanks used for the fill station
Ive proberbly missed alot of things here but anyway...
Also, how long approximately would it take before the initial cost is repayed and profit is starting to be made?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out here. Or just give me links on where to find out this sort of information.

#2 UK_Baller

UK_Baller

Shi - Shi- Shaw!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

So down here in Wales, paintball is pretty lame. I have to play in flooded fields with layouts that are designed to make you waste paint. I was thinking of comming up with a proposal for my local fields owner, about making a sup air field, as there are non that I know of in South Wales. The only problem is, I have no idea where to find out.

Heres what I need to find:

Initial starting cost

• Including a full/decent size set of bunkers to practice and play on. Preferably Millennium as I think thats what CPPS runs on=2000-4000
  • How much it would cost for a small refill station that would be suitable for about 15 people erm...about 3500(i think)
  • How big must the peice of land be. anywhere from 1000-20000
Running cost
  • How many members of staff would be needed on the field at once depends how many marshalls are needed, but the experienced players could ref themselves
  • How much it would cost to refill the air tanks used for the fill station could be free with the price or 2-5 per fill :D
Ive proberbly missed alot of things here but anyway...
Also, how long approximately would it take before the initial cost is repayed and profit is starting to be made?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out here. Or just give me links on where to find out this sort of information.

look at the bold:)
P8ntballer username: Cam_Mc
Posted Image

"America: 250 million wankers living in a country with no word for wanker" - Jeremy Clarkson
Foretellers of the Prophecy/Marq's Men/Super-loader owner

#3 Martin_Wales

Martin_Wales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

Seems way too expensive :( I guess i'll just have to keep practicing with the No Limit boys in Bridgend and then eventually move out of here :P

#4 GoldenElite0

GoldenElite0

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

Bridgeend is a crap hole, get outta there dude. I'd say come to Southampton (where I live), but it's also a crap hole and theres no speedball fields.

#5 Martin_Wales

Martin_Wales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

Bridgeend is a crap hole, get outta there dude. I'd say come to Southampton (where I live), but it's also a crap hole and theres no speedball fields.

Lol :P I live in Swansea at the moment. But as soon as i'm going to uni i'm heading over to Birmingham!

#6 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

Lol :P I live in Swansea at the moment. But as soon as i'm going to uni i'm heading over to Birmingham!

I would love to set up my own place and I looked into it. The biggest issue is land and the restictions landowners put on a plot. Also if you can get a place up and running some ticket sellers (whom you will most likly have to affiliate with to boost punters) who will remain nameless, backdoor the landloards to place a franchise guy in.

Sucks as this would be my dream job I just can't find the land or the start up.
And on the eight day the lord gave us PAINTBALL!!

#7 Martin_Wales

Martin_Wales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

I would love to set up my own place and I looked into it. The biggest issue is land and the restictions landowners put on a plot. Also if you can get a place up and running some ticket sellers (whom you will most likly have to affiliate with to boost punters) who will remain nameless, backdoor the landloards to place a franchise guy in.

Sucks as this would be my dream job I just can't find the land or the start up.

Have you ever thought of partnering or something with one of the fields? I could help you out as much as I can as I know the local field owners really well. Making a sup air field down here would be pretty big if you ask me as there are none in the south, and in the north they are really bad.

Edited by Martin_Wales, 27 July 2009 - 01:00 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users