• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight

Twilight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

So a while back I bought myself a fancy set of Profilers. Long story short, they fogged... a lot!
I contacted ProCaps, they gave me return info so they could test my lens to see if they were defective.
Mailed them and never heard from them again. :angry:

I ended up buying a replacement lens because, well, it's cheaper than buying a whole new mask. The replacements work perfectly and I have no complaints!

But whatever happened to my originals?? :(
My local PB shop told me that they have issues w/ returns to ProCaps too. It's really too bad because aside from my exception I really do think that they make quality products. Their customer service could use some work.

#2 Chapman

Chapman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

I've never had to return anything to procaps. But if I were forced to, I would take it to my local field owner who works for ProCaps. I've never heard of a bad experience through them though. I guess things like that can happen.
I support:

Tank's Katy Paintball

Pro Edge Paintball

Pumpenstein Gear*:It will put hair on your chest... and maybe your back too.

*may cause balding

Support your local fields! SAY NO TO INTERNET VENDORS!!

#3 paulpker121

paulpker121

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

Try calling them up. Personally, I spray my lenses with anti-fog before I play, and it actually works.

I've also heard of using clear shampoo as anti-fog because of the thin layer of fat, but I've never tried that.

#4 LilBill78

LilBill78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

You should call them.

#5 CTill77

CTill77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

I have a profiler..I love it and it has never given me a problem..you should defiently give them a call

#6 Lo -- RECON Magazine

Lo -- RECON Magazine

UWL/SPPL Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Often an older lens (perhaps even if it just sat on the shelf at a shop or warehouse) will have the anti-fog coating wear off and begin to fog, especially if you sweat a lot like I do.

The simple solution is to replace the lens every 6 months or so, which is a good idea anyhow for safety. It can get pricey, but vision is priceless, and I love the comfort, coverage and style of Profilers. I'm on my 3rd pair at the moment, and had a pair of Morphs before.

Vforce: Keep up the excellent work!
Ian "Lo" Ebersole
BlackLight Company
UWL stock class "Sniper"

#7 Camo

Camo

You cant see me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

I have a Profiler and so far after almost a year it has foged up twice (i never got a new lense) once while i was playing a night game in july, It bprbably foged up because it was so humid (evry one was soaked) the second time witch was abought a month ago it just foged up during a woodsball game
Yes I eat paintballs.... What?

Got to love life

#8 LilBill78

LilBill78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

Try calling them up. Personally, I spray my lenses with anti-fog before I play, and it actually works.

I've also heard of using clear shampoo as anti-fog because of the thin layer of fat, but I've never tried that.

The clear shampoo does work but its kinda of a pain because it takes a while to rub it all in. I used to do the clear shampoo thing but it's just easier buying antifog.

#9 AR70

AR70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

If your useing the rubber forehead protector or visor on the profiler... if its not raining, and it nice out and my lens and glasses start fogging i just rip the forehead protector off (i dont use the little orings). it lets more air to circulate through.

#10 ger

ger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

Mine will fog up at the very top on occasion, but that's only if I'm staying put while defending a position - once I start moving it goes away. The only time it's ever fogged beyond acceptable levels was a month ago at a scenario when it was pouring down rain, no mask was staying clear that day.

#11 Craig

Craig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

My Profiler hasn't fogged in the 2 years I've been using it. No special treatment, I just keep it clean.
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a Marine.

#12 Speedz

Speedz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

My profiler doesn't fog that much, but it does tend to 'tear' after playing for a couple hours. I think most profilers tend to tear though.

#13 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

If you sweat a lot like me, you'll get this slow cloud that starts at the eyebrows and comes down.

If this is the case, try a headband or toque, keep the lens polished with micro fiber and dry the foam every few games (pinching with a piece of paper towel works good). All my problems ceased to exist after I did this.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users