14 replies to this topic

#1 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

ok so i just got some profilers off ebay and i was wondering what i should do to clean them, i have the silver chrome lenses if that changes anything....

#2 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

Take out lens and strap. Dunk in a solution of hot water and bleach (only a couple tsp of bleach needed). Work into the foam then let soak for a minute or 2. Rinse throughly. For the strap and lens, hot water.

#3 Cpt.Ringo

Cpt.Ringo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

I found that hot water works great on the lense but be gentle on the inside!
-Cpt.

Bob Long is my man

I roll with the Area 51 Army

Posted Image

#4 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

k thanks guys. im glad to finally have a mask that breathes!!! my old one was a PMI plastic case (almost litertaly) with like 2 holes, but it had thermal lenses lol

#5 xmodfreak2011

xmodfreak2011

PAINTBALL IS LIFE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the info!!!

Rah Virginia Mil

Virginia Military Institute Paintball Club ACIC

Posted Image

#6 masspb

masspb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

just use warm water to wipe it down

#7 Phantom9399

Phantom9399

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

i like to use plexus lense cleaner on my lense, and im happy just wiping the rest of the mask down with a rag

#8 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

Take out lens and strap. Dunk in a solution of hot water and bleach (only a couple tsp of bleach needed). Work into the foam then let soak for a minute or 2. Rinse throughly. For the strap and lens, hot water.

noooo bleach. it might or might not affect the lens, but seriously, bleach is a corrosive, you don't want to risk it. And why should you? warm water is all it needs.

please, remove the bleach from your suggestion, it might do some harm...
[size="4"]When in doubt, empty thy hopper.

Pointman, live to serve, live to lead

SP1 for dummies, by dummies

#9 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

noooo bleach. it might or might not affect the lens, but seriously, bleach is a corrosive, you don't want to risk it. And why should you? warm water is all it needs.

Umm, no. Since you clearly missed the first four words. Take out lens and strap.

Thou I could've clarified better that you just dunk the face portion of the mask, not all of it. Unless you really want the petri dish of bacteria from another person sitting on your face.

Do you have nothing better to do than nit pick topics that are nearly 2 YEARS old.

#10 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

Umm, no. Since you clearly missed the first four words. Take out lens and strap.

Thou I could've clarified better that you just dunk the face portion of the mask, not all of it. Unless you really want the petri dish of bacteria from another person sitting on your face.

Do you have nothing better to do than nit pick topics that are nearly 2 YEARS old.

Well whatever portion you want to dunk into bleach, i hardly think it's a bad idea. be it strap, frame, lens... it could degrade the material and cause it to not withstand the stresses it was designed to.

even if this is 2 years old, it's on the front page. tell me no one reads this anymore then i'll drop it, but i found it, and so can others. It's a legitimate concern.

i'm not trying to be a dick and i certainly mean no disrespect, not by any means. i just don't want some new player cleaning their mask with bleach and them getting injured.

#11 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

ok, quit the arguing. thank you for suggesting not to use the bleach, but honestly i highly doubt a small amount of bleach in the hot water would degrade the material enough that it wouldnt withstand the stresses of paintball.

HOWEVER this is totally a punkworks test.. get a mask, soak it with bleach and see if it affects the performance

#12 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

i'm not trying to be a dick and i certainly mean no disrespect, not by any means. i just don't want some new player cleaning their mask with bleach and them getting injured.

Very noble thought, but I'd be more worried about the masses still using glass cleaners like Windex on the the lens it self.

Also I'been doing this to one set of profilers after every weekend of play for 6 years. Have yet to have it even discolor in any area. (keeps it from stinking like a rental)

ok, quit the arguing.

Not arguing, conversation.

#13 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

ok, quit the arguing.

my bad, just on edge right now

#14 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

Just rinse it down with warm water. Pat dry the lense (dont wipe it) and your good.

NEVER i repeat NEVER use any sort of bleach, windex, or lense cleaner (unless a paintball lense cleaner). Also never use anything that cleans glass. If you happen to do this throw away the lense and get a new one because those things contain alcohol and other stuff that eats away at the lense weakening it.

Edited by TheGuy, 24 August 2010 - 09:28 PM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#15 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

Very noble thought, but I'd be more worried about the masses still using glass cleaners like Windex on the the lens it self.

Also I'been doing this to one set of profilers after every weekend of play for 6 years. Have yet to have it even discolor in any area. (keeps it from stinking like a rental)

Well, i know rubber is corrosive resistant. But if i'm right (which i'm not sure i am, i took chemistry 4 years ago) alkaline actually makes the rubber more brittle, or was it acid. But it happens over a long period, that's why people use rubber gloves when handling corrosives.

But i was more worried about the lens, which you're right, i actually thought windex was ok to use until i read the manual :lol:

ok, quit the arguing.

exactly ^^^

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users