#1 PbGoods

PbGoods

PbGoods.com Owner

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

Here are the updates on the Podcast:

Paintballjla has been a tremendous help in providing the videos and text file with information for me and now all that is left is for me to put this all together which will take some time as iTunes requires quite a bit of information in the XML document.

I began working on the Podcast on August 11th at 8:00 PM (Took an hour to download 40 something videos when I first started at 7:00PM). I have about half of the videos all ready to go in terms of Title, Description and Length. Once I get all these videos (40+) finished, I will then transfer it to TechPB's server and upload the feed and submit it to Apple as they need to approve it.

It will take me some time to get this finished as I need to watch every second of the videos and make sure I properly mark it as explicit (swear words: Mike is a badass) or not. Apple is very picky about this stuff.

However, in the mean time you would still be able to get the podcast as an unofficial podcast once I transfer some of the stuff to TechPB.

So until next time... This is the update.

If someone (or multiple of people) go through and watch every TechPB video and write the Title down (Youtube Title) and say whether it contained any profanity or not that will speed things up. Just make a post in this thread with the needed info: Title and whether it has profanity in the video or not.

Ex:
Biased Mike: Yes
Everyone meet Pebbles. a very emotional beagle: No

Updates:
8/12 - Have 110+ videos ready to go and working on the rest of the podcast. The podcast is not ordered by date yet, that will come last when I have all the videos ready. Still need to go through and say whether the videos contain profanity or not.
8/16 - I have nearly 250 videos ready to go, been a little slow since it is about 98 degrees outside and my house does not have air conditioning. Too hard to focus on one thing for more than 5 minutes. The entire podcast will be done by the end of August.
8/19 - Downloading the rest of the videos and will hopefully finish the podcast within a week. I'll give Willie a call so I can start to upload what is done so I can submit it to Apple for approval.
8/23 - Willie finally got around to setting up the podcast folder. I will begin to upload the podcast tonight and continue to update it as I find time. 150+ videos are all set to go. The videos come out to be 8GBs so far.

Below is the original post in super small font:

Hey Mike,

I am just curious to know what your plans are for the TechPB podcast? A new sub forum was created not long ago for the podcast...

If you plan on just having the videos from Youtube in the podcast then I am sure the TechPB Club Members would not mind helping you get this rolling. I know I would not mind either as I started a podcast several months ago but stopped.

If it is the Youtube Videos then here is a plan I have I come up with:

1. We get a list of users who would be willing to download and convert the videos into .mp4 format (only if they don't download it as an mp4)
2. When downloading they include a text file with each video listing: Name of video, description of video, date it was posted on Youtube and video length.
3. Then just zip everything up into a folder, upload it to Megaupload and provide me a link to the upload
4. I'll download everything and begin to write the podcast feed.
5. Once I finish I will send it all over to Willie

The only issue would be maintaining the podcast - When do you add the new Youtube uploads, who will be in charge of doing that, etc. Lastly, does TechPB have the server resources to handle a podcast?

Edited by PbGoods, 24 August 2009 - 10:49 PM.

#2 paintballjla

paintballjla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

Dont mind helping either. I am pretty computer savy and would love to lend a hand. I also have a wicked fast machine P4 core i7 running at 4.0 and 12 gigs of ram. Let me know.

i got every thing ready it just uploading it for mike to write the pod cast the one thing i need is my brother to go back to collage he leaves sat becasue all he dose is play wow all day long and make our internet extramly slow and bad for uploading.

#3 Dna

Dna

BAMF

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

Dont mind helping either. I am pretty computer savy and would love to lend a hand. I also have a wicked fast machine P4 core i7 running at 4.0 and 12 gigs of ram. Let me know.

i got every thing ready it just uploading it for mike to write the pod cast the one thing i need is my brother to go back to collage he leaves sat becasue all he dose is play wow all day long and make our internet extramly slow and bad for uploading.

Sounds good guys just shot me a PM if you guys need anything. Nice work guys!!

#4 asedwick

asedwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

I think I just creamed myself a little. Good luck with the podcasts I'd love to help but I don't know if there's anything i could do that you guys don't have covered.

#5 paulmess7

paulmess7

You Stay Classy TechPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

If you guys need any help, I'm Players Club, good with computers, and have a REALLY fast internet connection.

PM me if I can be of assistance. I just built my new rig about 3 months ago, and it blows me away. This speedtest is with 25 or so torrents downloading. Internet costs an arm and a leg, but it's worth it!

On top of that, I have dual monitors, and can download stuff on one, while I do my normal routine on the other, it's no inconvenience, and I'd love to help TechPB out.

Posted Image

EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 Processor
Corsair Tri Channel 6GB DDR3 Memory - 1600MHz
XION Power Real 1000W ATX Power Supply
BFG GeForce 9800 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3
Thermal Take Armor+ MX Case
Seagate 7200 rpm 300GB HDD w/750GB External HDD
LG Super Multi Blu-Ray/HD DVD-Rom Drive

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 PbGoods

PbGoods

PbGoods.com Owner

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

Alright, Willie finally got around to getting the podcast folder set up on the TechPB server. I will begin to upload the videos tonight and let everyone know the link.

The Podcast is not finished yet, I still have a lot of videos to do. It is over 3,500 lines of code for 150 videos.

#7 MNpaintball

MNpaintball

Ya Hoser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

awesome. watching some right now.

i've rated and subscribed. thank you to everyone who made this happen.
this is big for techpb and paintball in general.
the only other decent podcast out there is Planet Eclipse's podcast, and this blows it out of the water!

awesome stuff.

Gearbag Sale!!! http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157802

Dangerous Power FX for Sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=157232

~MNpaintball's Feedback~

#8 HardKnoxPB

HardKnoxPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:25 AM

This is freaking awesome. I'm already working on filling my Zune up with these vids. This is the paintball podcast I've been waiting for!

--HKPB
Owner - Hard Knox Paintball - Lenoir City, TN
The Southeast's Largest Save Phace and Guerrilla Air Dealer!

#9 PbGoods

PbGoods

PbGoods.com Owner

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

This weekend, I am going to try and get a few more videos up on the podcast.

Edit: I added 3 new videos today, might take some time to show up in the itunes store. If I have more time later tonight I will add more.

Edited by PbGoods, 05 September 2009 - 10:26 AM.

#10 elvis7925

elvis7925

im the guy that saves the world

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

i subscribed to your podcasts.
Posted Image
Get Free Paintball Gear!!!
if your younger than 18 and pay for your gear put this under your sig.
98% of paintball players wipe, if u have the balls of the 2% who dont put this in your sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users