• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

most barrel fronts are HUGE. If there's a place in a barrel where a scratch won't matter - that's it. The ball shouldn't really be making contact with that portion of the barrel.

#52 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:51 AM

most barrel fronts are HUGE. If there's a place in a barrel where a scratch won't matter - that's it. The ball shouldn't really be making contact with that portion of the barrel.

no kidding I'll get a pic of my empire 18 inch front, I think they had a tool collision on this one and just sold it as a second (the reason I got a whole barrel for 15 dollars shipped brand new), its really ugly in the front.

#53 Bob Long Vice

Bob Long Vice

Fez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

Agreed! Great Video

I have a suggestion in regards to future testing on the effects of porting (volume, efficiency, etc). If possible, isolate the bore types (stepped vs non-stepped). Since a stepped bore barrel will allow air and sound, to slip by the ball as the ball moves through the front. While an underbored barrel will force the air to exit through the porting all the way until the ball leaves the barrel.

we've never found an optimal test arrangement for porting testing. we really need 3 or 4 identical barrels - from non to heavily ported. and then we need a second set that's either stepped or two-piece.

No company offers that - they mostly just design one porting pattern and go with that. It's prob a custom thing - so if anyone knows anyone who's making custom barrels - let us know.

i hate to say this but smart parts freak to the freak jr

i hate smart parts thats why i dont wanna say that lol
bob long Vice FTW
"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you need to rethink your strategy"
"Pump players are the Weird Al's of the paintball world. Completely pointless and crazy, but you always get a laugh." Sasquatch

#54 LieutenantDan

LieutenantDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

Agreed! Great Video

I have a suggestion in regards to future testing on the effects of porting (volume, efficiency, etc). If possible, isolate the bore types (stepped vs non-stepped). Since a stepped bore barrel will allow air and sound, to slip by the ball as the ball moves through the front. While an underbored barrel will force the air to exit through the porting all the way until the ball leaves the barrel.

we've never found an optimal test arrangement for porting testing. we really need 3 or 4 identical barrels - from non to heavily ported. and then we need a second set that's either stepped or two-piece.

No company offers that - they mostly just design one porting pattern and go with that. It's prob a custom thing - so if anyone knows anyone who's making custom barrels - let us know.

I know for a fact that Stiffi is really nice about making custom barrels. You can call them up and ask them to make practically any bore size at any length with stepping or whatever. I'm sure they could have some fun with the porting if you asked them to.

i hate to say this but smart parts freak to the freak jr

i hate smart parts thats why i dont wanna say that lol

Posted Image

My Feedback +5|-0
To HELL with georgia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users