• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FuryPaintball

FuryPaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

Just a quick question is there anyway to protect the laser engraving on a gun? My gun is lazer engraved and I play real hard so after each day of play I'm constantly coming home and there is dust and paint residue in the grooves of the engraving that I'll need to clean out so is there any way to protect it? Like possibly a clear coat is applied after the engraving is completed? Like how a painter will paint a car, or something along those lines then put a clear coat over it to protect the paint?

#2 fireproof

fireproof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

Whats up just a quick answer to your question you really dont need to worry about protecting you lasering. First off there shouldnt be any groves in your gun the lasering isnt supposed to cut into the gun that far I dont know who you had laser it but you shouldnt feel any difference in the lasered part and the unlasered part. You dont have to worry about rusting because all guns now days are made of alloys that wont rust but if you are worried about it take a dry rag a put a little lube on it or some gun oil and rub it in to your gun let it sit for a couple hours and then take a clean rag and wipe it off that will give your gun a protective coating.

#3 FuryPaintball

FuryPaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

I'm not really worried about it, however after a day of play when I take my gun home and clean it I'll wipe down the gun and notice that in the engraving it looks as if there is dirt or even paint residue in some of the grooves. And yes there are small grooves in the engraving. When I actually sit down and clean it out with a toothbrush I can see a distinctive difference. However it all doesn't want to go away no matter what I use to clean it or how much I do. Kinda annoys the piss outta me idk if it's just me or what.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users