• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 houdini

houdini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:17 AM

Ok this is the second thread I'm starting for field strategy...

The first thread had some great comments submitted so I hope it helped those who don't know too much about how to plan tournament strategy (pre-field walk) - it helped me a lot.

The next 2 fields are being played in an upcoming 5 man tourny. Div 4 Mech marker which will mean probably breaking a lot faster and further towards the 50 off the break, with backs breaking to the 30 mark straight away. One of the fields is the WCA 08 field from Mille Germany - the other is a PSP field.

If you have any words of wisdom you want to share on how to play each of these fields please share it with us. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:30 AM

snake :D

Posted Image

U83r 1337: I have a natural tendency to tilt my barrel downwards when I pump it, does that mean I'm destined for stock class?Tmaned: Sounds more like you're destined for rollouts.

#3 Jamiek695-WorthingHPG-PlanetEcli

Jamiek695-WorthingHPG-PlanetEcli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:39 AM

Um, when I played the Mill field, next to 0 people ever used the snake.. or lack of. The 2 bricks on the 40 Are pritty vital, if you ask me.. and I was in the Maya Temple on the 30 or there abouts, To hold down the that side.. and cross over.. Those 2 sets of bunker's to me and when we played seemed key.. as you have a pritty large.. Killzone.. My 2p

#4 Bpaulson

Bpaulson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

that snake is brutal on the first field, so many breaks in it. Id say break to the 40 dorito and aztec, keep back on that 20 centre aztec, or popcan, and put one in snake, and one on snake side tower. get the snake tower to lane on the inside to hit snake. get your back to fill, and if the enemies push hard oneside, get the home to go the opposite to hit them with 3 guys on their weak side. just my thoughts.
booyahkah booyahkah we shoot the paint to yah!
Official cocker owners club #18

#5 TampaBrock

TampaBrock

Still in Tampa, Still playing ball

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

Ok this is the second thread I'm starting for field strategy...

The first thread had some great comments submitted so I hope it helped those who don't know too much about how to plan tournament strategy (pre-field walk) - it helped me a lot.

The next 2 fields are being played in an upcoming 5 man tourny. Div 4 Mech marker which will mean probably breaking a lot faster and further towards the 50 off the break, with backs breaking to the 30 mark straight away. One of the fields is the WCA 08 field from Mille Germany - the other is a PSP field.

If you have any words of wisdom you want to share on how to play each of these fields please share it with us. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

OK i'll do this field.

Get to the snake off the break. It has to happen. Also get a player to the Right corner off the break (running and gunning towards the back right), and have him stay on the snake to prevent anyone from getting in and moving up. This locks your snake side DOWN. Once your snake player gets into S2, he can shoot half the field.

The dorito side is key on this field. IF you can get to d2, there are infinity shots on the inside. THE whole back middle area of this field is a dead area. Try to get to d2 on the break, if you find you cant, stop at the dorito side Can before going in. Your other dorito side player may need to stop at your back 20 aztec, but he should be right into the dorito side can within 10 seconds, otherwise he's dead by the snake. You also might consider a run to the X right on the break, which will also lock down your dorito side lanes if he stays alive.
Check out my Website | my Twitter @tampabrock | my APPA info

#6 SHOCKER3080

SHOCKER3080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

I like my snake! lol

#7 invertfan12345

invertfan12345

^^^^^THATS YOU^^^^^^

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

i wuld go snake on both fields...i jus love bein wer u can see all the field n every1 is lookin at u lol :rolleyes:

Check Out Laburton's Sig Making In The Off-Topic Chatter
My Setup...Dye C7 Pants And Jersey. Smart Parts Vibe. Upgraded Tlock Feedneck. Yellow Empire Events. Guerilla Air 68/45. Mantis Gear 5+4.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users