• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shadow

shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

I am in the market for a Dye/Proto Gun. Am I better off with a brand new PM7 left over (which is actually $60 cheaper than the 09 PMR) or going with the new PMR.

My 12yo son shoots a Mini and Etek2 so I am very fimiliar with those but this is going to be my first venture into Dye/Proto arena and how is the maintenance compaired to the others

#2 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

no vrs threads please take it to the " _________ vrs ___________" forums its what it meant for. for future reference

and the pm7 will be better. because it has a lpr

the maintenance will be a little more then the other guns because you have to lube the oring quite often compared to a few drops of oil etc,

i sugest you also buy a rebuild kit for ever one you chose so you can have those oring on hand when you need them.
and if anything leaks in a dye gun the best thing to do is replace every oring.

#3 Edgely

Edgely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

pm7 i have one and my kicks some major A$$ so if $60 more or less get it pm for more info
Save a rock, throw an Ion.

#4 Edgely

Edgely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

well he is wondering if its a good idea to go to dye\proto so he shouldnt put it in versus thread
Save a rock, throw an Ion.

#5 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

no it is still a vrs thread. hes asking pm7 vrs pmr
just they way he worded it dost just plain out say it, he/her did it not knowing so its ok i just simply said it for future reference.

#6 c6969w

c6969w

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:18 PM

get a pm7. its worth the money iv had a few of them and they all shoot great. the pm7 wit chop less o rings because it has a lpr
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My text was too big.

#7 shadow

shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

I guess I worded it wrong but what I am really asking is if I should spend less money and get a brand new in the box PM7 which is now two years old or spend the extra money and get a 09 PMR because its brand new. I know the PM7 was a top of the line marker a few years ago but i was wondering if the 09 PMR has enough advances to put it on equal ground.

Also, is it true that there is going to be no PM9? I was kind of wishing there was so the PM8 would drop in price a few hundred. I have about $550 to spend and want to get the best Dye gun for the money.

#8 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

i dont think there makeing a pm9

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users