#1 Ryeker X

Ryeker X

Super Duper Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hey Guys,

well i just got my draxxus 68/4500 tank today and my Proto Slg 09 basic is complete. I also have an invert too hopper. the tank is a little long but fits well. i was just thinking if i should get a drop forward for it. what do u guys think? if so, what would be the best kind? or is this more of a personal preference? ive never used a drop forward before so thats why im asking. and im a noob still haha. but im reading daily on pball to get out of tha noob status. :rolleyes:

thanks!

-Ryeker X

Proto SLG 09 Basic, DXS CF 68/45, Invert Too Loader,
14" CP 1piece .685 Barrel, CP Mini On/Off ASA.

#2 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

I think you should get a myth reg. It's a lot shorter than all the other tank regs, and it keeps the tank level with your barrel, so you can keep a tighter profile, and still have a comfortable hold on your gun.

Here's a size comparasin with a standard reg:
Posted Image

Edited by U83R 1337, 13 August 2009 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#3 Ryeker X

Ryeker X

Super Duper Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:01 PM

I think you should get a myth reg. It's a lot shorter than all the other tank regs, and it keeps the tank level with your barrel, so you can keep a tighter profile, and still have a comfortable hold on your gun.

Here's a size comparasin with a standard reg:
Posted Image

thanks!! great visual!! is it hard to add the myth reg onto my tank? or should i take it to a local store to have them put it on?

Proto SLG 09 Basic, DXS CF 68/45, Invert Too Loader,
14" CP 1piece .685 Barrel, CP Mini On/Off ASA.

#4 cptcomisi94

cptcomisi94

US ARMY BALLA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

i just dont like drop forwards theres no point
Posted Image
if the 1st thing youd grab in a fire is ur paintball gear put this in your sig

bugdet baller!!

#5 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

It's pretty simple, unscrew your current reg(with the tank empty of course) and screw in the new reg. If you don't have any experience with tank regs, I'd bring it to your local shop, they know how to do it :tup:

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#6 cptcomisi94

cptcomisi94

US ARMY BALLA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

do ppl like me with with woodsball guns use drop forwards
im guessing no
Posted Image
if the 1st thing youd grab in a fire is ur paintball gear put this in your sig

bugdet baller!!

#7 Iram

Iram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Not many people use drop forwards any more. They used to be extremely popular, but styles change.

Using a drop forward, and what size/length, is really a personal preference based on your physical size, playing style, and budget.

#8 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

They call me Bobby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

i have a drop forwrard on my g3, and love it. i had a shocktech 3" drop i think. now i have like 6" now and i love it even more.

Duke Blue Devils

Rotor Owner Group V.2

98% of facts are made up.

Posted Image

#9 NJRevolutionPaintball

NJRevolutionPaintball

Big Pimpin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

i dont suggest a drop forward
<table style="font-size: 9px; color: #888888; text-decoration: none; font-family: Verdana"><tr><td><script  type='text/javascript'  src="http://www.conduit-b...tr><tr><td><div style="text-align: right; font-size: 9px; text-decoration: none; color: #888888;font-family: Verdana"><a href="http://www.Conduit.com" style="text-decoration: none;">toolbar</a> powered by Conduit</div></td></tr></table>

#10 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

I have a Short temper so DONT F&$% WITH ME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

i didnt like my gun with a DF on it. It was less acurate and "Kicked" more ( hince the lack of accuracy). Just use it without the DF and you will get used to it.

#11 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

Not many people use drop forwards any more. They used to be extremely popular, but marketing styles change.

Using a drop forward, and what size/length, is really a personal preference based on your physical size, playing style, and budget.

When the companies get on the drop-forward kick again and the next generation of ballers come up they will market it towards them as the best thing since sliced bread like it was just invented....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users