34 replies to this topic

#1 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

Hello TechPB members, Forum lurkers, and Guests. My name is Austin. Today I’m going over the Airgun Design, Tac-One.

Big shout out goes to Watcher and Tyger for going over this. Thank you kind Sir's

Before I start, I want to clear this up. Many people ask, "Which is better, the RT custom, or the Tac One?"

Both markers are 90% the same. The only difference is that the Tac One has a Mil-sim main body. Meaning it has rails and a short barrel shroud extending off the threads. While the RT has what’s known as the "ULE body (Ultra Light Engineering) body. Which is smaller and lighter, but does not have the rails attached to the main body.

Also, when any automag has a Tac One main body it becomes a " __-Tac" for example, the "E-Mag" with a Tac One body becomes a "E-Tac"

I have owned this specific Automag for over one year, that's one full year of use indoor and outdoor.

Another thing new owners sometimes get confused with, is the Term “On/Off” When you talk about the On/Off, you are directly talking about a part located internally in the marker. This is the On/Off, what that means is it controls the airflow from your regulator, to your power tube. It goes, On, then Off. Every part associated with the On/Off has the prefix “On/Off ___” such examples are the On/Off pin, or the On/Off O-rings. Likewise everything associated with the power tube and the regulator has that prefix also. (power tube O-ring, Regulator piston ect ect)

Posted Image

Posted Image

On to the good stuff, AGD was never known to have a fancy box for their markers, in fact many people rose questions to why they had the plain box instead of an artistic design on it like all the other boxes, Tom Kaye replied "Simple. It saves money. Which means we get to sell you higher quality markers, for less then everyone else? Because we don’t want to spend 25$ on every box just so you can hide it in the closet of your room."

EDIT: Apparently they did have fancy boxes. Apparently when they heard it was being shipped to me, they found a plain white box.

Wonderful. (Although the plain white box lasted for quite some time apparently. learned this while searching tom kaye's posts on AO forums)

So when your plain white box arrived at my door there was only one thing printed on the side.

Posted Image

Under your bar code is your Markers Valve number. This means I own the 8201th Tac One.

This number is also printed directly on your X-valve. Twice, once on the regulator and once on the Valve itself. Make sure both the Regulator and the Valve serial match, AGD will not tech your marker if they do not match.

Posted Image

Upon Opening the Box you will find a few things:

1. The AGD Tac One.

2. The J&J ceramic Two piece barrel (12'' long - 0.690 bore)

3. The Basic Manuel

4. Input Pressure Graphs

5. Your Official forum membership card to Automags Online forums

6. AGD Auto lube

7. AGD stickers and an iron on patch.

8. Spare Parts for the Xvalve (shim's and Three Carriers plus O-rings

9. A DVD of how to set-up your Level Ten system and the X-valve. (already factory done, but watch it and learn)

10. If you spend the money, you will also receive Extra parts for your X-valve. (O-rings and spare shims) ( I suggest you spend the extra money.)

Posted Image

First I am going over the marker itself.

The Tac One is a mil-sim version of the RT custom. It has three rails, two 45 degree rails on each side of the marker and one flat rail in front of the feed neck, So it’s good for lasers or flashlights. Although if you choose to get a left or right feed main body then you can use the center rail for a sight of some form. The marker is heavy compared to the space age markers of today, although do remember that the whole marker is milled aluminium and the Xvalve has a few stainless steel parts inside of it. The overall marker is a light and tight set-up. The automag consists of four basic parts,

The Main body -this houses the valve, feed neck and the barrel.

The Valve - The valve is your most expensive part, the X-valve alone is nearly half the price of the whole marker.

The Rail - this is a spacer between the main body and the frame, It also holds the sear in place providing a pivot point.

The Frame - the frame holds the trigger.

Posted Image

The Tac - One comes with the intelliframe. This is out-dated, but still works wonderful. You can electronically wire it to your hopper, so every time you pull the trigger, the hopper feeds automatically. This ensures that you Always have a paintball in your breach at all times. Unfortunately due to the new hoppers this feature is not a *must have* you can run it without fancy wires and what-not to your hopper. I personally just use my Halo on top and it works great.

Posted Image

The safety is located on each side of the marker in a simple push pin style. The safety is also marked Red of the left side of the marker, when the pin is red, it is ready to fire.

Posted Image

The trigger is a double Blade style, I find it rather nice. Behind the trigger you will find a small Pin, this is your sear. When fine tuning the marker DO NOT adjust the length, it is factory set to Tom Kaye’s personal instruction and research for the optimum length. You can also choose to get the double grooved trigger instead.

Posted Image

Next is the Feed neck.

The feed neck is angel threaded, and lock-tighted in. so you’re going to need some force to unscrew it out.

This feed neck is one of the few items on this marker you may want to replace early. I have not replaced it, instead I sanded down my Halo and grip taped it. ghetto luscious, I know. I need a clamping feed neck lol.

Posted Image

The Detent is also Angel threaded. there is only one detent, although I still have not needed to replace it. And I have never had a problem double feeding so I am quite happy with the detent. As you can see on the second picture the detent (white ball) is still round.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The marker is held together by Two screws. One is the big silver "field Strip Screw" this screw secures your X-valve to the markers Frame, this way you only need to remove one screw to remove your valve for cleaning. This design on the automag is 20 years old, but it still works just as fast as the new 2010 markers.

The second screw is right beside the trigger, once you loosen it you can use your fingers to get it out. Then you can remove the Main body, the rail will come right off. Then you have your three pieces to your marker.

Posted Image

When you receive your marker, it will not have a ASA. This means you need to get one. and screw it into the grip-frame. Tom didn’t add his own ASA because he figured most players would put their own on. It also drives up the price for something the player will never use.

Posted Image

you have two choices.

1. Run the line from the ASA directly into your valve.

2. Make a square pattern. then run it into your valve.

As you can see I have made the "backwards C" shape. Although by using the gas through grip you can make a Box shaped pattern.

The air first goes through the regulator and the On/Off assembly This is Physically part of the internal’s, So you don’t need to add a regulator into the marker. It will not harm the marker ( you may starve the marker of air at worst case scenario) but your not helping it.

Posted Image

Once you have the marker itself in your hands you’re almost instinctively going to reach for the barrel.

The J&J ceramic barrel is Autococker threaded, defiantly one of the best stock barrels to come with a marker. I have used to time and time again without problems. it’s really light and has a great option to go with the 6 inch front piece for a louder approach to your opponents.

Posted Image

The next part is more of a warning if you plan on buying aftermarket Barrels. Here I have wrapped a small piece of tape around the visible part of the barrel when it is fully screwed into the marker.

Posted Image

The next picture shows the barrel taken out and aligned with the body, To show you how deep the threads are inside the body. This means that barrels with small control bores such as the Hammer Head "fins" can get stuck inside the marker. So if you plan on buying a barrel kit with control backs, which are relativity small. Make sure they are reverse threaded. This means that you turn "Righty tighty" to tighten the back to the marker, and Righty Loosy remove only the barrel. So the back never gets stuck inside the shroud.

Posted Image

The Manuel has the AGD contact information should you need it for any questions, it also has the proper way to chronograph your marker. which is very important when you own a RT-Valved Automag. The proper way to chrono an automag with the RT-valve is:

1. Fire your first shot and hold down your trigger, Your first shot should not be counted.

2. While holding down the trigger, Release and shoot the marker as fast as you can.

3. Hold the trigger, record your velocity and repeat until the desired velocity is reached.

Posted Image

The reason you hold down the trigger is because the valve recharges so fast that the friction heats the air inside the valve, so you want to fill the air chamber and cycle that same air as fast as possible, The inside of the valve can reach temperatures around 180 degrees.When air rushes into the chamber it is hot, so your velocity is increased. which is why you want to shoot it when the velocity will peak. So, when you increase your rate of fire it wont exceed the Fields Limit. If you fail to do this then when you start shooting at high rates of fire, you may be shooting 10FPS OVER the fields limit. A good guarantee to give you a one way ticket back home. The Valve is rated to 3000PSI. So if you want to put 2500PSI into the regulator, you can.

The most Useful piece of information to you will come in the form of Three graphs.

Posted Image

These graphs are detailed explanation’s about how to set-up your marker's input pressure to what you play style is. Because the X-valve has very awesome qualities to it. It also has very different effects when you change from 850PSI to 1000PSI of input pressure.

Posted Image

Colour key: Red is when you wait for a few seconds in between shots.

Blue is when you are increasing your rate of fire.

Black is a constant rate of fire.

For high input pressure: When firing at a rate of 2 shots per second or slower the X-valve will maintain constant velocities. When shooting at rates of 3 shots per second or more, the X-valve will record velocities closer to your maximum fire rate.

This means that when you take your time, each shot will be consistent, But when you increase your rate of fire the velocity increases also.

Example of FPS: target velocity 280

For Medium pressure input: when you shoot and then wait 10 seconds the velocities will be the same as your maximum rate of fire. Although when increasing your rate of fire the velocity will drop, and then raise until you reach you maximum rate of fire velocity. This is great for rapid firing, because your first shot will land at your maximum rate of fire.

Example of FPS: Target velocity 280.

Low input pressure: your first shot will be the highest velocity, any proceeding shots without waiting will be lower. This works well for players who want to pick their shots. this reacts more like a regular paintball marker, the faster you shoot the lower your velocity. although the Drop is not much, it is still somewhat significant on the chronograph.

Example of FPS; Target velocity 280

And as for velocities and accuracy:

The velocities depend on your input pressure and your experience with the marker.

At the field yesterday (Sunday july 26th) With my input pressure just right I Achieved these numbers.

265, 269, 273, 279, 276, 281, 279, 278, 279, 277, 280, 281, 279,

The blue is my first shots at lower speeds ( say 2 or 3 seconds apart.)

The red is when I started in increase my Cycling Rate,

The black represents a continuous cycling period.

(I had two guys yell out numbers to make sure they were right, just for you guys :P )

With the X-valve (once again depending on input pressure) when you increase your CPS (Cycles per second) you heat up the chamber on the inside. This in turn increases your velocity,

So when I space my shots out. I can look at velocities around 265. for one shot at a time.

But when I increase my Rate of fire the velocity increased to around 280 (fields limit and it was quite consistent the faster I cycled the marker.)

at the lowest of 278 and highest of 281, that means I am looking at a Plus minus of 2. which is awesome! and if I increased the rate further it would become even more consistent. (but I wouldn't be able to read it lol.)

Should you have any questions that you are really stumped about, and you are to scared to talk to the REALLY nice people on the phone,

Posted Image

Remember that you are a official member of Automags Online. a forum just like this, with thousands of pages of information about your automag.

You will also receive a small box with two springs and Spare parts for your Level Ten system. (Anti-chop system)

Here is a picture of the smallest spring, the gold spring. Which is recommended for indoor play. (Velocities of 250 and under.)

You have three springs.

Gold - 250 and under.

Red - 260 to 280.

Silver - 280 and upwards.

AGD has been playing around with the springs, only recently have they added a real middle spring, before it was simply a cut Silver spring (so it would act like the middle spring)

point goes to Enhander for reminding me this, should you buy used. make sure to ask the owner what spring is which as they have toyed with the colours and the springs themselves over a few years. so if your like Enhander this may seem more like your set-up:

The Gold spring is actually the middle spring. Silver, Gold, Red.

(I have a few people saying that they are like the ones I posted, rather then Enhanders oddity. So like I said, double check)

You should switch to the spring that is closest to your fields velocity limit. Because if you use the gold spring at 280 FPS sometimes the spring will not fully return the bolt to the marker, This means a bad case of the bolt stick. which means you cannot fire anymore. likewise, if you use the spring that is to stiff, you may not have enough force to shoot it. So if I need to shoot at 250FPS and I put the silver spring in, when I lower the Velocity to shoot at 250FPS the marker wont fire, Because you need to be shooting at least 270 for the marker to operate with the silver spring.

Post two continuation

Post two continuation

To adjust your Velocity you insert an Allen key into the slot, then turn clockwise to increase velocity, and counter clockwise to decrease velocity. When adjusting the velocity be cautious, a small increment can mean the difference of 15 FPS, when changing to a stronger spring, put the new spring in, air the marker up and increase the velocity until the marker shoots. Then chronograph for the Exact Velocity. When going to a weaker spring, adjust the velocity Downwards until the marker cannot fire, then switch springs and re adjust velocity.
Posted Image

The box also contains Auto lube. This is a automags best friend. The only problem is that you may want to have a Spare Friend because Automags LOVE oil. Simple bolt stick issues or velocity jumps can be explained by the absence of oil. There is no such thing as flooding an Automag. (Of course don’t actually flood your valve system with oil!)
Posted Image

The efficiency of this marker is not setting any new milestones.
The marker itself is a little bit of an air hog, because of the dump chamber and the way the level ten functions. Although because they run off such high pressure inputs rather then most markers, when your tank hits 800PSI, Your looking for the closest refill station. So on a 68/4500 Fill I can reach roughly 1100 shots with my barrel. on a 68/3000 fill I'm running around 800 shots. Automags can dip into the lower numbers relatively well compared to other markers, Although don’t expect much because they perform much better with high inputs and lots of air to consume.

Here is a picture of the main internals, I have placed them respectively above the shell, as if you could see through the main body,
Posted Image

Next is the Level Ten, The level ten system is the Anti-chop system. It works by creating a Balance of pressure going one way versus pressure going the other, As Tom said: Think if it like a teeter totter. You can have 1000 pounds on one side, but when you put 1000 pounds on the other, it doesn’t seem that heavy.” So the bolt pushes forward with the same respective force that the spring pushes backwards. When this balance is off-set by a paintball then the spring has more force then the bolt, meaning the bolt returns to its original position. With out putting pressure on the paintball.
Posted Image

The tip of the bolt has a little soft cushion on the tip. Some people have had these fall of, but the marker still works fine, without problems. Needless to say myself, the level ten is a Genius mechanical way of stopping chops. Should you have a properly tuned level ten and chop a ball. Take a picture because it will be the 8th wonder of the paintball world. People have failed Trying to make the level ten chop paintballs.
Tom was so trusting of this system he put his own tongue in the breach of an X-mag with the eye’s off. Rolled bills have escaped unharmed and the level ten was so revolutionary, so amazing. They completely skipped levels 8 and 9.
Posted Image
The tube itself is called the power tube, the different systems such as the level 7 or level 10 are put inside the power tube.

The original post (much smaller) had a few question regarding it, these are members from the special ops paintball forum.

Here are questions regarding this thread, I’ll bold the poster and quote his question while doing my best to answer, unfortunately I am no Automag guru.
Posted by W00DSBALL 5N1P3R:

Do you have the ULE Trigger Kit? And if so, how fast can you get it? Also, how fast can you get it with the stock trigger.

I do own the ULT trigger myself. It is an amazing addition to any automag, It can change the way your trigger reacts completely. The Ultra Light Trigger kit replaces your stock On/Off pin,
Posted Image

The ULT is basically a non reactive pin, meaning you will eliminate any bounce you normally get from your Automag, and because of a much smaller and lighter pin, it reduces the amount of force you need to activate the sear.
Should you decide to purchase an Automag, defiantly go for the ULT. Although, I think you would be better off having the ULT not installed by the factory. Instead you must do it yourself. This helps becuase it teaches you about what you have, plus if something goes wrong you already know what the problem is.

The pin is NOT covered by any warranty, so be very careful. It you bend it your pretty much screwed.
Posted Image

The little silver rings around the bottom are called "shims" you add or subtract these to get the desired ULT tune perfect. Normally you start with two shims and work your way up until the automag double or auto fires with one pull of the trigger, Then remove shims until you get the one shot per trigger pull. This ensures you have the lightest trigger pull.
Posted Image

As for trigger speeds. With a stock trigger I usually sit around 5 to 7 BPS. Although I have never ventured far into the reactive triggers effects, Many people can sweet-spot the stock RT pin ( replaced by the ULT pin. as stated above) anywhere from 15 to 34.5 BPS ( achieved by a Crazy automaggot. its on you tube) With the ULT I can sit anywhere in the 15 BPS rate. usually I only shoot in short bursts. never long constant ropes.

One note about the ULT. Short stroking is a common effect of an incomplete trigger pull. Although you are essentially tapping the trigger as compared to pulling it with the RT pin. Should you "half tap" it, a paintball will simply roll our your barrel, its a learning experience with the ULT.

SOLIDUS SNAKE posted:

If you order a RT ULE custom will it come with a rail over the valve and have a large space between the fore grip and trigger. Or does it come with the more "modern" look with no rail or space between the fore grip. Hope this wasn’t a stupid question.

Alright first there is no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people.( Hey! wait a minute! thats not right. :P )
If you ordered a AGD RT ULE Custom it will be a more modern look, It will not have the rail over the main body, And it will not have a big gap between the intelliframe and the Gas through grip. The marker will have the same parts as the Tac One, only it will have a main body without rails.
If you really want the old-school look to it. phone AGD and ask them if they have any spare parts floating around. (such as that rail for the main body)

So, grab your gear and become A Monster on the field.
Posted Image

Edit: Alright, this is a little late compared to when the post was made, But non-the less.

Every review always has the final opinion of the marker, and I feel like mine isn't really here.

In the End the Tac-One does not match the performance of many electronic markers on todays market, For being a absolute Gem within the choices of markers to choose from, No it does not Shine the most. I't doesn't have the cleanest cuts, or the most amount of edges, It doesn't have the sharpest point. But My God it comes close. Stacked up against Any other marker you can get right now, with any exuberant amount of cash. The Tac-One still feels like it has placed a flag upon the rock of a opposing nation. It is a reminder to all that was highly sought after years ago.
Walking into a field with a Automag in your hands fills you with a sense of pure mechanical passion, You can feel every cycle through your fingers, you get a sense of awe as this flashback opens up all its valves and places ball overtop ball with every twitch of your muscle. The only Thing I can relate this to is watching a video tape of the F1 series back in the late 70's. The pure madness and mechanical effort required to control vehicles which were so ahead of their time, so ahead of the electronics which controlled them that it was no use to even turn Traction control on.
Back when entering a Corner 1 Mile Per Hour faster resulted in death. Every bump in the road gave a new sense of luck.

Thats what this marker is right now, A beautiful, Terrifying, Lucid, and completely addicting memory of all which made paintball the place for one man to place everything he knew at that moment in time into a single piece of equipment which summed up the entire Experience of paintball. All at once.

Thank you for Reading my review. Any questions?

Edited by Eskimo, 23 December 2010 - 07:52 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#2 Sigma Sparda

Sigma Sparda

Proudly sponsored by ANSGear.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

Very, very nice write up Eskimo. It's great to see this much love for such an amazing, yet "dated" marker. :)

Yay. :D

If you'd like, I can talk to Ced in the morning and have him delete my post so it flows straight from your first to the second.

No problem at all. And for eye candy, I'll show what the Tac One can become! With love, of course. :D

Posted Image

Or Tenny could always take care of it. :)

Edited by Ced, 17 August 2009 - 07:09 AM.

Posted Image
Rowan Platoon Frontman. Check Us Out.

(TechPB-Mike @ Jul 28 2009, 08:13 PM)
When I score first post in ANYTHING, I drive to the closest walmart, kick the doors in, and yell "I got first post mother fuckers!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

#3 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:10 AM

Mo-mo-mo-mo-mo-monster Merge, merge, merge ...

In other news: Automag RT's are smexy. One day, I will have one.

rogersig.png
"stfu dont jinx me ima cut you bitch" - CrazyLittle
"250+lb. men don't 'come out of nowhere'." - PrometheanFlame
"Feel free to think of me as a female anytime you want." - Rawrsome
"Ignoring a few choice posts. *rolleyes* " - Miss_Hell

#4 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

Glad I could help. Aside from a few grammar errors, this is a very great review of Automags in general.

To add more eye candy, here is my RT Pro:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

I think I have a "crush" on your RT. ;) ( and your crown point.)

Citrus Connection

#6 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

Lets keep the Agd love going. I recently picked up a $75 e-mag (labeled e-max) on craigs list. It is awsome, I just need to order a charger, o-ring repair kit, a ule body and some other parts just in case it goes down.

Great post eskimo, it helped me alot. Anyone know what bolt it might have came with? I am almost sure its a LX but I dont want to end up with the wrong repair kit haha. Sorry I dont have pics yet.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#7 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

it may have come with the level 10.
Im not to sure also, open er up and find out is the best I can say.

Citrus Connection

#8 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

Its a level 10, but I opened it up took it apart and noticed it came with no shims in it. So I wont be shooting it until I get the lx repair kit.

---Indiana Baller---

#9 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

I recently picked up a $75 e-mag (labeled e-max) on craigs list.

Anyone know what bolt it might have came with? I am almost sure its a LX but I dont want to end up with the wrong repair kit haha. Sorry I dont have pics yet.

Wow, lucky. I can never find deals like that...

All of the X-valves (X, "X-Valve", E-Max, RT-X, etc) come with a lvl10 bolt installed.

If it has no shims, it will not work properly. 2 shims in front of the carrier is all you need.

Tippmann Tech

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#10 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

Ok, I have been doing my research on mags and I think I have a good background on how they work. I am ordering the xvalve o-ring repair kit and it comes with 5 shims so I should be good to go. Still searching for a cheaper charger though.

This mag has big plains ;)

also warp or vert feed? I'm liking the benefits of the warp but it is more expensive...is the extra money worth it in the long run?

edit- Do they sell warp right mounting pieces (link please), I cant find it? I shoot left handed...

Edited by SOUP, 18 August 2009 - 08:02 PM.

---Indiana Baller---

#11 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

also warp or vert feed? I'm liking the benefits of the warp but it is more expensive...is the extra money worth it in the long run?

edit- Do they sell warp right mounting pieces (link please), I cant find it? I shoot left handed...

The warp takes a lot of getting used to. If you can, ask to use someones warp at a field (if you find someone). Don't just ask them about it because they will say they love it and to get one, you need to actually use it because it is love/hate.

The mounting bracket for the warp works left and righty, you just need to flip it over.
As far as the body goes, you want the "warp-right" body. You can get them direct from AGD or you can search used on eBay, AO, MCB, and many other forums.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#12 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

See I know I can order a warp right body, but on the website it shows no option for a right (side) warp feed. All they have is warp left. Do they sell the mounting piece for the right side warp? I dont want a warp left because it would get in the way of my dominant shooting hand.

Thanks for all the help, And out of all the times I have been to the field I have never seen anyone with a warp feed. I really like the concept and I think its my style of play to be honest. Still havn't ordered stuff because I want to be sure I know what I'm getting into. Should I get a 68/4500 or larger, I know they are not the most effecient markers?

---Indiana Baller---

#13 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

See I know I can order a warp right body, but on the website it shows no option for a right (side) warp feed. All they have is warp left. Do they sell the mounting piece for the right side warp? I dont want a warp left because it would get in the way of my dominant shooting hand.

The mounting bracket for the warp works left and righty, you just need to flip it over.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#14 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:21 AM

As for tank size, definatly hit up at least at 68, if you go any less then you may start to short change yourself on your paint supply.
(although I carry Max 600 paintballs on me and I have enough at for two or three good shooting rounds. sometimes I'll squeeze a fourth one in if they are quick)

But when i'm busting my pocket hopper A tank will last me nearly a whole day. which is nice.

Who sticky'd this? lol.
trust me, the AGD section is not busy enough for topics to dis-appear into page 2 lol :P

Citrus Connection

#15 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, I run with a 68/4500 and usually get enough for 6 pods and most if not all of a hopper. Plenty as I usually carry no more than 4 pods.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#16 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

'Scuse my ignorance, but are Tac ones made anymore?

#17 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:01 AM

both the Tac Ones and the RT ULE Custom are in production right now from AGD.
You can visit thier main site and purchuse directly from them if you want new ( like I did)

Or you can do a little searching and see if you can pick yourself up a used automag and a few extra's for around the same price
(re-sale value, does not drop at all :P)

Citrus Connection

#18 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:17 AM

i held an RT once. it was as heavy as a fully moded a5 or 98

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#19 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Is it possible to walk the triggers on these like a modern electro? With/without ULT trigger.

Also, you talk about someone hitting 35-odd BPS with one - is that with an RT, or will the stock gun do that? And, the RT is a separate purchase?

Sorry for quizing you dude, but i like the sound of this gun and am curious.

Edit - and finally, the intelliframe - does it need a battery in for the gun to work (like a modern electro), or does the battery only have to be in if you're wiring it to your hopper?

Edited by JJ GBR, 23 August 2009 - 04:09 PM.

#20 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

Is it possible to walk the triggers on these like a modern electro? With/without ULT trigger.

Also, you talk about someone hitting 35-odd BPS with one - is that with an RT, or will the stock gun do that? And, the RT is a separate purchase?

Sorry for quizing you dude, but i like the sound of this gun and am curious.

Edit - and finally, the intelliframe - does it need a battery in for the gun to work (like a modern electro), or does the battery only have to be in if you're wiring it to your hopper?

1) kinda sorta. With the RT walking or fanning the trigger isnt really easy. although the trigger gets enough bounce to push your finger back quickly ( like Tippmanns RT effect) the only difference is that the RT pin is a real response trigger. You can reach insane speeds with "sweet spotting" with the RT pin.

This was done with the X-valve I beleive. high input pressure means a more reactive trigger, plus the X-valve is the fastest recharging valve known to date. so even at a extreamly un-practical speed. it wont shoot down.

with the ULT you can walk the trigger fairly well. It takes alot of getting used to. You must make sure you do a full pull and release or you can "short stroke" meaning the marker will fire before you have completed a full cycle so the ball only gets a small portion of air rather then a full dump chamber. this is Enhander from the special ops forum. he also did the AGD warp feed videos in the scanrio and woodball section.

2) no you do not need a batterie to run the intellie frame. Although if you wish to run your hopper electronically through the intelliframe then I think you need a battery im not 100% sure.
You really do not need to do it, as most modern hopper will feed past the rate of fire.
This was used before the days of the Halo so you had to wait for the hopper to feed. today the hoppers are at least 10X faster in response rates compared to 2005

as far as finding one goes. it wont be a quick find. but if you really want one it will show up. your best place to find an automag is on AutomagsOnline.org and on Mcarter Brown.
I think i may end up selling my tac in a short while ( the same one from all those pictures) but I an attached to it :P

Edited by Eskimo, 24 August 2009 - 04:09 PM.

Citrus Connection

#21 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for that, really cleared me up. Sorry if you answered this already, but am i right in assuming the tac one doesn't come with an RT - you have to order it separately?

#22 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

the X-valve comes stock with the RT pin.

so you will Stock have the same effect has the RT valve.
it comes with the RT
it has RT
more pressure = more RT

Citrus Connection

#23 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:54 AM

It was a stock gun, the stock guns ARE RTs. RT stands for Reactive Trigger, and it is designed off of the On/Off pin. All automags except the Classic and Minimags are RTs.
Unlike Tippmanns, the RT is a function of the gun itself, not of an aftermarket trigger kit. The ULT kit to make the gun walkable is the seperate purchase.

Inside the Intelliframe is a mount with 2 small screw holes. To this you attach a Microswitch which will sit against the sear. The switch is wired to a headphone jack (for warp feeds) or soldered directly to the board of the device you want triggered.
Power is drawn from the loader, no batteries required.

It is very simple to do, even if you don't know how to solder.

Don't even worry about taxing us with questions. Any mag owner will gladly speak with thumb-tacs in his/her mouth if it would promote AGD awareness and awesomeness.

Automag owners are some of the most loyal consumers in paintball. Go check out AO and you'll see what I mean.
If you decide to make the plunge and get a 'Mag, you'll know why!

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#24 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

Ok, right, thanks. Now i've just got to raise the cash.

#25 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

god everytime i see somethign on a mag i just wanna whip out my imaginary credit card and buy one lol

i need to save some money up eventually

great review
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#26 Seymour

Seymour

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

Love my mag. My only gripe is the air efficency is non-existant.

#27 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Get a big tank? lol
I hear you, my field only fills to 3000PSI

Imagine how I feel.

Citrus Connection

#28 Seymour

Seymour

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Ouch, one day my fields compressor only filled tanks to 1500... my mag dies at 800... I got less than a hopper. That made me cry a little. Oh well normally the fill to 4000 so Im getting a 90CI Ninja one of these days.

#29 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

lol. I like my 68/4500 which the field only fills to 3000 haha

I get about 900 shots out of my field fills which is great becuase with a hopper (200) plus 4 pods ( 140 x 4) is more then i have to shoot on me. so it works good.

Citrus Connection

#30 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

I have a Automag classic with the ULE body, is that feedneck Angel threaded as well? because i have to replace my feedneck so my Invert too will fit.

#31 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

The ULE body has angel threaded feednecks and detents,

Citrus Connection

#32 K-reg

K-reg

Necroposter :D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

man i do want one of these. i can never find a decently priced mag around anywhere though

man if i had a whole team rocking that gear we'd have so much agg power we'd make the airball bunkers explode

- Kevin

#33 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

man i do want one of these. i can never find a decently priced mag around anywhere though

That is the worst thing I've ever heard. Every mag is worth whatever price you find.

#34 K-reg

K-reg

Necroposter :D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

well you got a point there but im pretty low on cash

man if i had a whole team rocking that gear we'd have so much agg power we'd make the airball bunkers explode

- Kevin

#35 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

well you got a point there but im pretty low on cash

I feel ya. Tough to find a good one for cheap. Because they really are worth more than people would think.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users