Photo

Speed enforced by parents with paintball markers...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

http://www.wired.com...-be-the-answer/
http://www.newsobser...ry/1653028.html
So a mom is mad that people are speeding in her neighborhood, and posted signs that say "WARNING, Speed Limit Enforced by Angry Neighbors with Paintball Guns." She hasn't shot anyone but it's a matter of time until she does and makes a paintball marker look like the new weapon of vigilantes.

#2 Person23423

Person23423

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

Someone go up to these people and tell them upfront that what they are doing is a determent to paintball, not to mention illegal. I am not too sure, but it is true that there was this Christian extremist pastor who were driving around town during Halloween shooting Trick or Treaters with paintball markers a while back?

With people like this around, I am starting to think that the industry itself should start regulating the sales of paintball markers. If the industry don't regulate itself, then the government will.

Edited by Person23423, 20 August 2009 - 12:56 PM.

I am going to write a book on the terrible time I have at my old field where I don't work anymore.

Feedback

Click here to help a poor guy who wasted his money buying stupid shi* guns.

#3 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

I hope some soccer mom twat gets busted shooting at a car and gets canned for it. I'd also like the before and after shots of her in jail.

Stupid neighborhood watch rhetoric taken to a stupid extreme.

I'd like to make a sign to go with it:

Vandalism Laws Enforced by Angry Paintballers with Paintball Markers
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#4 schmidty11111

schmidty11111

shake that booty meat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

heard bout this
this prob wuldnt be the smartest thing to do but if some1 shot at my car i would pull over grab my shit out of my gearbag put my mask on and light them up
Kitty is the most awesome person in the world!
I <3 Kittay
I have a vibe for sale pm. Then I will make a thread so we discuss things in public.

#5 Coconut

Coconut

"My home is in my head" -Bob Marley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

She will be getting arrested if she ever shoots at a car or person. I will be happy.
Who says paintball is meant to be a fun sport?Posted Image

I ain't going to Living Legends 3 to have a good time, I'm going there to make a fucking point of who runs that scenario game :-)

#6 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

Indeed. If you're speeding down a street, without a cop to pull you over, and you get shot with a paintball gun by one of these lunatics, it will strike a big blow against these kinds of movements (fortunately). The issue of speeding will be moot, and all that will go on the police report is the act of vandalism.

I hope they don't unleash their foolishness on a car with an open window, or the top down.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#7 Tucan9999

Tucan9999

You never go ass to mouth!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

If that bitch shot my car Skip to 1:20ish to see what i'm sayin but I'd watch the whole thing.
TIMMY MILITIA Cause its the only club with MUTHA FUCKIN SNAKES
Mod App

#8 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

I think this makes the police department look worse than the paintball industry. If anything, I would say PB is an innocent bystander here. Considering they have a blog,

http://www.theangryn...s.blogspot.com/

...then we should post comments on their blogs to let them know that there are alternative ways to slow people down. Using paintball guns isn't the best way. Just make sure to give them some ideas that they can use in a constructive way.

You can also email them here:
Angryneighborwithpaintballgun@gmail.com

#9 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

There is no reason to skip to vandilism just because of speeders.

If there is such a problem with it go to city hall.

peopel are starting to give Paintball a bad name and at this point im realy starting to get pissed off.

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#10 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

After reading the few posts on that blog that I could muster up the energy to, I strongly discourage anyone writing anything to them.

If you notice their response to ANYTHING that goes against what they want to do, they will simply use every fallacious tool at their disposal to distract from the issue and make them seem as if their cause has some sort of divine provenance.

I doubt they'll really shoot anyone, and when someone paints up their signs, or destroys them, then it will be fine.

#11 Boyd

Boyd

My life is one giant *facepalm*.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

Great... The very instruments that make our sport unique are being used as a way to force people to obey laws. Not by police officers, but by citizens.
I hate this. Why don't the residents just continue to fight for a few speed bumps peacefully, instead of using violence?

Also-

Hello,
I am Dan a member and (USA) founder of the World Paint Ball Union. I am writing an open letter to show our disapproval of signs and of the media circus involved with the signs. Paintball markers are made for a design to be used in controlled environments with proper safety devices in place. Malicious paintballs can be very harmful to all
people in the surrounding area even the kids you are claiming to protect with them. Since no one has gone on the record to say wither these signs are meant to be joke, or if you will shoot speeding cars we can only look at this is threats being made with our sporting equipment.

There are multiple things the media as failed to mention. How many of the town people are trained to use a speed calculating device? When did it become ok to threaten violence on someone? When did it become ok to persecute someone with out a conviction? When did it become ok to fire paint filled projectiles travelling 280fps if not more into the public with out any regard to public safety.

I don't blame the community per-say as I live on a street with the same situation, I am also sure that the community people don't realize the harm that can be inflicted from shooting paintball markers maliciously. I do say shame on the Media however.

I am asking two things with this open letter. 1. I would like the media to stop the circus around these signs and actually use your resources for good rather than ratings. Instead reporting the sign, do some research and digging find our why the people aren't being heard why police aren't posting positions on the street. Find out why the people who pay taxes can't get signs or speed bumps. 2. I am asking the community to remove the signs. We will help you in your fight to stop the speeders We can reach out the town, and even local fields and players. I am sure the bulls wouldn't want you to chase after the speeders throwing bats and baseballs t

To the community, we know you didn't mean harm but the signs really hurt our sport. I know people including ones who play don't see anything wrong with this but there is, and here is are 2 scenarios that are very possible. Someone that sees this on the news or reads it in a paper buys a paintball marker to be a vigilante, sees a car that he thinks is speeding and shoots a paintball at it. Instead of the guy hitting the car he hits a kid on a bike in the eye. The end result the person is still speeding and now a child in the community will be blind and missing an eye for life. Then the media will do all new reports that a town of people hurt a child and they should all be
arrested and paintball should be banned. Yes the same media who chuckled at the idea.

The second scenario is that the signs aren't a joke and people really do shoot a driver while he is speeding. Some one shoots the driver it causes him to loose control of his vehicle the vehicle drives into a house or a crowd of people killing someone the vigilante is now someone who committed manslaughter.

These signs set a bad example for the Everyone, The community, The Kids, and the Paintball players.

Paintballs are round dimpled pieces of gelatin, they shoot at 280 to 300 feet per second and can leave welts and bruises. Paintball when played in the correct environment is safe and fun but when played maliciously in a city environment is dangerous and could be deadly.

Thank you for taking you time to read this
Dan Sperry
Founder and Member of the World Paintball Union
http://wpbu.org

The WPBU is an internationally founded Union of Paintball Players both professional and recreational. We are a worldwide nonprofit group that has members from every continent. Our goal is to promote paint ball in a positive light and help the local communities. We do not condone any misuse of Paint ball Markers, or paint balls them self and hope that people that do get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
We have three sections of rules to all of us in the union need to
abide by. These rules can be found on our website

I doubt they'll really shoot anyone,

I hope they don't.

Edited by Boyd, 20 August 2009 - 02:06 PM.

QUOTE (idontwalk @ May 15 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take a shit in the bitches living room with a note saying "get the guns back or it happens again". Cause after all, who wants to clean up a pile of shit in the middle of their living room...twice.

#12 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

Some people left comments on the open letter, so I responded to them. I'm UbD Podcasts.

http://theangryneigh...l.html#comments

#13 PBjess98

PBjess98

why did i stop in mid run to check if i was hit?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

ok for 1 thats why youre kid to look both ways before walking across the street
Slide too far into a bunker or slide past and getting shot do a barrel roll out :D

#14 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

:O la gasp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:01 AM

omg i saw this on my local new ( was funny that it was durham xD) but the first thing i thought was " more people destroying this sport" ( btw i live near wake forest :D yay fer nc)

#15 MadHatta

MadHatta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:57 AM

id sue her ass for shooting my truck. or jack her gun as payment for damage to my truck.

Edited by MadHatta, 25 August 2009 - 06:58 AM.

#16 Donzipb

Donzipb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

lets form an angry mob and give this sport a good name for once damn it!
ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig
Put this in your sig if You ball with your Dad
Black/gold etek2 (mini bakup)
rotor
Crossfire 68/4500

#17 TXStorm

TXStorm

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

Someone on pbnation took down the signs and posted pictures on them proving he did.

Elite Gun Owners Planet Eclipse Gun owners Pump Players Clan The Marqs Men Techpb Soccer club Muppets Club Central Texas Ballers Club

#18 shadowthread

shadowthread

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

thats kinda funny ya know , paintball guns being the weapon of vigilantes . the other night my neighbor saw some mexicans spray painting graffiti all over our neighborhood so he went outside told them they had 3 seconds to run then shortly after he lit them all up with ropes of paint . it was actually quite hysterical and not all that bad for paintball because they obviously were in no situation to call the cops themselves. ahh makes me lol everytime i think about it.

#19 Sharkey

Sharkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

honestly how much of a fucking moron can this woman be
If your parents offered to buy you your dream setup, would you say no?

#20 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

Dude!
Im quite angry by the ignorance of these people

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#21 minikmak

minikmak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

wow did someone in the comments seriously call it a paintballbullet?
Posted Image - join grassroots

#22 ego this

ego this

legit member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

just get some dirt and built a speed bump!

Posted Image

"Ions cause family problems"

Lazered BW Etek2, Gloss Black Marq 6, Tippmann 98 platinum w/ flatine

#23 DenverRyan

DenverRyan

"My Dominican chick looking like Scarface sister"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

i would kill someone if they shot my car lol but ya she need a midal and chill Lax
FeedBack +6/-0
CK contract killer
LA Lakers still suck..Gasol Flops,Fish Flops,Kobe Gets all the calls and more.Kobe is still not as good as mike!
Posted Image

Sick Nasty Gat

#24 Al Sharpton

Al Sharpton

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

honestly, ive been tempted to do this myself dozens of times. people will hate me for this, but good for her. chances are the cops will step up enforcement on her street.
If you hate the people that act like Obama's presidency is the second coming of Christ copy this into your sig!!!
STOP PUTTING BULLSHIT FIGURES IN YOUR SIGS!!!!! (98% of people think it's dumb)

#25 TaintedEvil

TaintedEvil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

just get some dirt and built a speed bump!

or go to the police station and steal some spike strips!

Crossfire 68/4500 F/S/T | My Moderator Application
QUOTE (PrometheanFlame @ Aug 28 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Die, spam-thread! Die! Cut off the head and burn it, or it will rise from its grave on the next full moon!

#26 Ollie63

Ollie63

O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

i used to live near there, thats pretty stupid.

To view the wall of shame, check my profile.
My Feedback +11/-0

#27 Minnesota Sn1p3r

Minnesota Sn1p3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

Ohhhh Noo, This is bad! This is really bad!!! Funny but bad!! Markers used as weapons against speeding motorists, we need to figure out a way to disown this women. Put out a statement saying that normal paintball players are not like this, because this could get VERY ugly!! This women has no fucking clue what she could be doing to an entire sport!
"Its Better to out-think your enemy then to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world domination

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users