9 replies to this topic

#1 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

According to Promethean, I have successfully done CockerPunk

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

I wanna get into pump... i wanted to get a trilly autococker with a pump kit. is it worth it to buy a phantom? what i was thinking to do is get a vertical feed, vertical air phantom and put a co2 12 gram ASA. is it realy worth it?the cockerpump will come out to be about $120 including shipping. the phantom is going to be about $220 with shipping and the ASA.

is it worth it to buy the phantom for my first pump? is it $100 better than the cocker w/ pump kit?

If i get the cocker, should i get a 3.5 oz co2 tank for the weight.?

upgrading an ion is like polishing a turd...

TURDS RULE!

QUOTE (Cubeman @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

I am now Dr. Jesus-in-a-can for I have Fixed my '95 Autococker
Palmers Pursuit Shop Pump guns For life!

#2 Unimoose

Unimoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

Even though they are both pumps there's a big difference between the 2. I usually recommend that first time pumpers go with a sniper (autococker pump is an oxymoron it can't "auto-cock" AND be a pump). There are a number of reasons I suggest this.

1). You can keep the set up the same as a semi which you are used to and use a bulk tank and hopper.
2). You can easily get your $$ back by parting the cocker and pump kit on resale if you decide it's not for you.
3). You won't feel as outgunned with a sniper as you will a phantom. Also the pump stroke on a sniper is softer so it's easier to shoot faster.

Personally I don't like direct feeds and hoppers on a phantom but it's a matter of preference. My preference is phantoms w/ stick feeds and 12 grams. Is a phantom worth $220, hell yes. Cockers are machined and mass produced, phantoms are made by hand by the guy who invented them. The stock phantom barrel is all you will ever need. Phantoms are already tuned for maximum efficiency. If you have a problem w/ a phantom you can contact Mike Casady (the owner of CCI) directly and he'll stay on the phone until you get it fixed, if not he'll send you replacement parts at no cost to you. Have you talked to Bud Orr on the phone lately or heard anyone who has?
Joe the One Antlered Moose

#3 oerllikon

oerllikon

Sober people R jerks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, phantoms are easily worth what you pay for them, and then some.
With cocker pumps, you have the weight, but an inexpensive pump marker.
Phantoms are super light, well built, and are pretty damn quiet. If they were semi, theyd probably be the "super gun"
good luck. You should get a trilly, see if you like pump, then go to a phantom if you figure its for you
My new signature is better than ever

#4 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

According to Promethean, I have successfully done CockerPunk

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:08 AM

well...i changed my mind. now i wanna play stock class. im gonna get a phantom with vertical air and horizontal feed. I was thinking of getting a 3.5 oz co2 tank and sell the co2 12 gram ASA. what do u prefer... with or without the 3.5 co2 tank? will it be really hard to play with 12 grams for a first time pumper? or should i still get the sniper? the phantom is in my budjet range FYI. but I really think stock class is way funner.

so... should i get the3.5 co2 tank, or just use 12 grams.

Also im a first time pumper, if i get the sniper... and then want to get the phantom.... i would have to pay >$300!

tell me your oppinion and please reply
-------------------------------

QUOTE (Cubeman @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

I am now Dr. Jesus-in-a-can for I have Fixed my '95 Autococker
Palmers Pursuit Shop Pump guns For life!

#5 GhostFlanker

GhostFlanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

If I were you I would eventually get both a 12 gram changer and a 3.5 ounce tank. Especially if your fields air fees are included with your field fees. Unfortunately when you pay for "all day air" they don't give you 12 grams for the day.

#6 boyscoutassasin

boyscoutassasin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

will it be really hard to play with 12 grams for a first time pumper?

so... should i get the3.5 co2 tank, or just use 12 grams.

Also im a first time pumper,
tell me your oppinion and please reply
-------------------------------

It's not hard going from semi to stock class pump. (i prefer stock class, it's alot lighter than having a tank and hopper.)
Well, My first time with a pump was in August--i have a stock class phantom (check the pic thread.)
What i did was target practice with my phantom, and with that i was use to using 12 grams by my game date.
But in time i would pick up a 3.5 oz tank, just for an option because not every field is 12 gram friendly.
Markers of choice: A-5/Phantom (Stock Class)
Field used most: Strategy Plus in East Hampton CT.

Next Game: Toys for Tots@ Strategy Plus, CT
Awards: Most valuable Role Player.
Oscar TDEEE MYKEYYY Delta is a go!

#7 Unimoose

Unimoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

12 grams are often more expensive than a 3.5 in terms of use. I'll use them if I'm at a pump only event or playing speedball with decent paint as I'll shoot less than 55 balls for 2 games. On rec/walkon days I'll use the 3.5. It's best to keep your options open IMHO.
Joe the One Antlered Moose

#8 GhostFlanker

GhostFlanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:38 AM

I find it fun to use 12 grams when I'm trying to be a "sniper". It kind of adds some realism. I think "Wow, I have to reload 3 different things just to shoot 30 rounds (10 round feedtube, and I reload every 20 shots).

#9 tweetyarmy

tweetyarmy

UKS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:51 AM

the only thing i dont like about my trigy pump the ball goes past the detents and the ball rolls past the detents
but i love my phantom

Jolly Green splatterpb podiumpaintball
fat front player/agg/elite gun owner
Members Of The Owl Council
TWEETY

#10 pronotredame

pronotredame

Hippo Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:53 PM

I jumped straight from rental to stockclass no problem. Now if your used to shooting ropes it might be a lil different. You'll also have to learn to run up so u dont waste ur 10-20 shots. I say jump straight to phantom cuz that worked for me. But remember. Don't just hit it and quit it. ;)
"I am a nightmare walkin, psycopath talkin."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users