4 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostship702

Ghostship702

Ninja Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hey, wahts up all? I've been in the sport since '98, played pretty serious since '02, and played in the Am and Nov divs in XPSL 2005/2006.

I quit after '06 due to some personal and financial issues, and I've recentley become motivated to get back into the sport.

So, I've just got a few basic questions I'm hopin somone can answer.

Thanks in advance, it's nice to be on a forum that isn't overrun by immature ninos diablos.
Anyway....

1. Is the NPPL still semi-auto or have they adopted ramping?? (oh please God tell me it's still semi)

2. Is Smart Parts still bein the "evil" corporation? Do their products still blow? (okay, not ALL thier products blow, but when I left the game, they've gone downhill drastically compared to what they used to put out)

3. What's the deal with the Evlution 3?

4. Do they still make JT ProFlex's? I was in a shop recentley and didn't see any for sale.

5. Is the magna-drive any good?

6. Any other major changes to tourney ball?

That's all I got off the top of my head, if I have any more I'll post 'em

Thanks again guys.

NO ONE CARES THAT YOU GOT FIRST POST.

#2 truBALLA

truBALLA

-zP-iRL-> #GAMBLEIT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

nppl is still semi
smart parts is still smart parts. they made a company DLX for the luxe a high end
evlution 3 is an eggy hopper it is somewhat of a bang-for-your-buck hopper
magna drive is preference, somepeople like it some don't it is really nice with the rf chip
yeah proflex's are quite common as people like to change the parts and making them look cool
hope i help!
Less Paint, More Balls. "I'm an HK badazz mofugger" -TechPB-Mike

#3 Ghostship702

Ghostship702

Ninja Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I was referring to the SP-patent nonsense...

I went on action villiage and they only have they black and yellow proflexes for sale, all the others are out =( oh well, at least I still have mine....

Is the egg3 a serious improvement over the 2? I liked my 2, but I was blessed with a good one. What did they update>?

Thanks again

NO ONE CARES THAT YOU GOT FIRST POST.

#4 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

1. Is the NPPL still semi-auto or have they adopted ramping?? (oh please God tell me it's still semi) yea still simi and still 7 man, but they have gotten better refing staff.

2. Is Smart Parts still bein the "evil" corporation? Do their products still blow? (okay, not ALL their products haven't sued anyone lately but im still pissed over the aka sew.

3. What's the deal with the Evlution 3? its just the new eggy, there are other hoppers for around the same price that are better.

4. Do they still make JT ProFlex's? I was in a shop recently and didn't see any for sale. they still make them they eve make different frames and bottoms. this is due to them being agg.... agg is the people who care about what they look like and if they fit in more then how they play.

5. Is the magna-drive any good? its a great loader i recommend it i love mine.

#5 losniw

losniw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hey, wahts up all? I've been in the sport since '98, played pretty serious since '02, and played in the Am and Nov divs in XPSL 2005/2006.

I quit after '06 due to some personal and financial issues, and I've recentley become motivated to get back into the sport.

So, I've just got a few basic questions I'm hopin somone can answer.

Thanks in advance, it's nice to be on a forum that isn't overrun by immature ninos diablos.
Anyway....

1. Is the NPPL still semi-auto or have they adopted ramping?? (oh please God tell me it's still semi)

2. Is Smart Parts still bein the "evil" corporation? Do their products still blow? (okay, not ALL thier products blow, but when I left the game, they've gone downhill drastically compared to what they used to put out)

3. What's the deal with the Evlution 3?

4. Do they still make JT ProFlex's? I was in a shop recentley and didn't see any for sale.

5. Is the magna-drive any good?

That's all I got off the top of my head, if I have any more I'll post 'em

Thanks again guys.

First off, glad to have you back into the sport :)

1) NPPL is still semi! Although being NPPL fan myself, the PSP is steadily growing on me with ramp because it offers much more exciting gameplay, but I still prefer to play NPPL :)

2) Yes, there are still people out there who hate SP, but that is in the past. They tried to put out a new more up to date version of the shocker SFT called the NXT, basically minor differences. The nxt's were heavier because they used aluminum that did not anno fade like the old SFT's, even though I remember reading somewhere the sft aluminum that faded was of higher grade? Their "sister" or "cousin" or whatever company DLX recently came out with the LUXE, thats their super high end gun now basically.

3) Evlution 3 is called the eggy hopper i believe. my opinion, dont get an EGGY lol. Halos are always reliable, if you want to get a viewloader hopper get a velocity. Dye just came out with a new hopper the rotor, nxe has a new hopper the jrney (not out yet i believe) and theres another new loader called the torque.

4) yes they still make proflexes :) best mask in my opinion, i've bought grills, e-vents, dye I3's, in the end i still wear my proflexes!

5) The magna drive, as hyped as it may be, works awesome! consistently helps feedrate for your halo or magna. I assume you're just asking about the magna drive, not the entire magna halo. No worries though, the magna hopper is essentially a halo with the feedneck towards the nose of the hopper and not the back.

6) Major changes to tourney ball? hrm...i've noticed that in the last 2 or 3 years a lot more kids are playing the sport, i think people have also learned the value of moving further up the field quicker so gameplay i believe is a lot more aggressive and faster paced compared to 2005, just slightly though.

Hope this helps and welcome back to the sport!!! :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users