• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Amir

Amir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

EDIT: All queries have been answered. Thank you everyone for giving me support and sharing your wisdom. ;)

Hey everyone, i just started playing paintball with some friends from high school and I'm just simply blow away by all the technical equipments and terms in the sport. I totally have no idea what I'm doing here; i was hoping someone experienced would at least help me out in choosing my first marker and the optimal (yet kinda cheap) accessories/equipment for it by listing them here.

What I'm looking for:
- Everything needed to run the marker, as well as the marker itself.
- Comfort (nothing too heavy or awkwardly shaped)
- Accuracy (i know there's not a huge difference nowadays, but little things that may help with accuracy is always welcome.)
- Durability (i probably won't buy another marker/marker parts for it for a while so it would be best if it would last long.)
- Easy maintenance (kinda goes along with durability i suppose.)
- Good performance

What I'm not looking for:
- Something expensive (definitely nothing over $1000, for the marker + hopper, gas tank, etc.)
- Speed (I don't give a sh*t how fast it shoots, I won't be buying many balls cause it's really expensive where i live so i don't want to waste them)

P.S. The gun will just be used for recreational purposes. Things like what kind of hopper, gas tank, regulator, necessary upgrades, or whatever is required to run a paintball gun would be nice to be included.

Btw thank you so much if you decide to take your time in responding to this thread and helping me out.

#2 masspb

masspb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:55 AM

how much do you plan to spend on all the gear?

I am assuming marker, air, hopper, mask.

A regulator or reg controls the amount of air going through it.

#3 Amir

Amir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

how much do you plan to spend on all the gear?

I am assuming marker, air, hopper, mask.

A regulator or reg controls the amount of air going through it.

Ah i see, thanks. the maximum amount i plan to spend would probably be about $500, maybe around $600. But yeah, I'm really just looking for the marker and everything required to run it, so no mask.

#4 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

So... what are you going to do with a marker but no mask?

-Z3R0
Posted Image
06 Cyborg, Grey Ghost 2006, PM8, Classic Automag
Proto Matrix Owners Group

#5 xLexx

xLexx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

The mask is probably one of the most important piece of gear you should invest in. You can't shoot what you can't see.

#6 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

check out the budget baller guide that is in my sig down at the botem of this post. it will help you.

#7 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

For without a mask, here is what I'd do:

Dangerous Power G3 - $300
Crossfire Carbon Fiber Tank - $160
Halo Reloader B - $64

And that's it. If you're concerned about paint you probably don't need a pod pack, and heck you might do fine with a gravity fed CO2 Tippmann, but if I had 500 to spend, that's what I'd get.

Posted Image

#8 Moleque916

Moleque916

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

General breakdown of my suggestion (no specifics included)

Any $300 marker

propellant:
leisure - 20oz CO2

Hobby/Pro - HPA/N2 4500 45/68ci
Add tank Cover

Mask - Yes it is a Must! - But you may already have a mask...
JT and PMI have low budget but VERY GOOD masks for less then $50
--------------------
and if you choose wisely you could even get a case of 2000rd paint!

Things that affect your accuracy/distance are the barrel, Velocity and How you hold/shoot your marker.

Moles MySpace!
Steven "The Mole" Bear
-No Sponsors/Team-

#9 Peety

Peety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

your buying brand new?

if so id go with:

PMR 275:
http://www.ansgear.c...rail07black.htm

GA 68/4500 air tank 150:
http://www.ansgear.c...84500cftank.htm

Reloader B 64:
http://www.ansgear.c...erbblackdia.htm

comes to a total of 489 without shipping.

for a pmr id add a trigger 30:
http://www.ansgear.c...ngtrigblack.htm

for a beginner, this should last you quite a long time.

used is a different story

dm6 $350

used crossfire 68/4500 $100

used vlo jr $60

the only marker where you you wouldnt waste paintball is a mechanical marker (tippmanns) or a pump marker. any electro is going to waste paint unless you can control yourself.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was way over the size limit of 30k

#10 Moleque916

Moleque916

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

control yourself? LMAO I willingly succumbed to my electros rapid Full Auto...its a wonderful sound lol. forget aiming just get all scarface about it =)

Some fields dont allow 3-shot or FA on their field so you also get to learn how to walk the trigger...ugh =)

Moles MySpace!
Steven "The Mole" Bear
-No Sponsors/Team-

#11 Billy T

Billy T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:44 PM

slg gun, 48/300 air, egg2 hopper, and get a good mask im not good at naming mask.
Nice to meet you, Im God and this my friend is my SLG

#12 Amir

Amir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

Wow! Thank you so much for the replies everyone, they were really helpful! I guess i should have made my post a little bit clearer though :P . When i said i didn't really want speed, i guess i what i meant was for something like a semi-auto gun, maybe like a mechanical one. I was going to get the G3 but i don't want to rush into buying one just yet. The reason why i want a semi auto mechanical gun is it just feels a lot better than a electric one, and I won't be shooting and wasting too many bullets anyway. Would i be hindering the shooting performance by getting a mechanical gun? If so, i might get a G3 cause it's really small, light and easy to perform some maintenance on it. Oh and yeah i already have a mask :rolleyes: . So yeah, if the mechanical guns affect stuff like accuracy or something then i might decide to get the G3. Seriously though, thank you again for helping me out, I really appreciate it.

#13 NB_Paintballer

NB_Paintballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

Get a G3 or an 09 SLG, there both the same price. And right now currently on firstcallpaintball.com under kits, there is a guerilla 68/4500 with myth reg and a dye tank cover for only $160.
I do not have a signature in fear of the mighty Kittty.

#14 lolwut

lolwut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

If your looking to save your balls, get into pump :)

#15 pb1994

pb1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

good guns for cheap price--

-invert mini 320
-(new) proto slg 300
-dp g3 300
-spyder rsx 290
I need a self esteem boost..I think I'll go play walkon!

#16 Pizzaluvr

Pizzaluvr

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

Remember to check out your local store!

I'd go for a:
SP Vibe
.693 CP barrel
45/45, 70/45, or 68/45 crossy
Velocity Jr. or Revvy
Empire 07's or 08's
Events new or old style(about a $30 difference)
Old backpack or duffel bag to carry it all around in

Great beginners setup, for around or less than $500. If your thinking about getting into speedball and tourneys, I'd spend an Extra $100 or so and get an SLG(new).

Team Fracture
B&E Paintball--Wild World Paintball

#17 Peety

Peety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

I am revising my post. you should get an 09 slg for $300. saw a video today and it shot AMAZING. such an awesome marker.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was way over the size limit of 30k

#18 cattew

cattew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

go wit a 98 custom or custom pro MUST UPP BARREL! a cheap steely and a slower loader like a empire 2 loader or an egg 2 if ur playing mostly woodsball get a 4+1 pod pack incase u deside to go remote later on.... also is nice to carry an extra tank if playing long scenarios......the 98 is the most durable marker alive

ps. just so you know never call them bullets....there paintballs doesnt bug me but at a feild u might get called a noob ect.
ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that stuck to METAL and rock, put this in your sig!!!

#19 Amir

Amir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:31 AM

Alright sounds good, sorry about the bullets/paintballs mix up i was getting ready for school so i kinda rushed the post. Every bit of info mentioned really helped me out so kudos to everyone. It looks like i got the paintball bug; I spent like the whole day yesterday looking up markers, hoppers, gas tanks etc. I still got years of practice and training to go. Wish me luck! Thanks guys!

#20 masspb

masspb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

good guns for cheap price--

-invert mini 320
-(new) proto slg 300
-dp g3 300
-spyder rsx 290

Like pb1994 said any of those guns would be a good gun, A 68/4500 tank is about $150 (i prefer Pure Energy tanks but thats my preference), and I would probably go with a Halo B ($90) for a hopper. If you don't mind used gear I would check out the bst on the nation or ebay to save some money.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users