• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 RedStar

RedStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

my buddy chris is looking to get into pump. and he is really needs cheap with his money. so i guss the C-3 will be the best for him, the tanks are like $8.00 at walmart and he will get 50.000 shot out of one. he should be good right.

is there any thing we should know about this marker before buying one thank u

#2 RedStar

RedStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:12 AM

I think the C3 is more of the kind of thing I'd want if I were gonna play paintball remotely somewhere like someone's property or out camping.

Its not a bad marker or anything, just not the kind of thing I'd want to use against other players in a serious environment.

-Tenacious

we play scenario. and he want to save money. so i think it going to good. any more info

#3 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

we play scenario. and he want to save money. so i think it going to good. any more info

It's heavier than the average pump, and you will not be able to shoot it as fast as a normal autotriggered pump. The pump stroke is longer and heavier than a normal pump. It does have an electronic trigger. You will get an insane number of shots per tank. If you are just playing scenario every once in a while, don't count on ever having to replace your tank. They don't need a whole lot of cleaning/ attention, but can be annoying as hell if you manage to chop a ball. They are loud as hell.

I've got two, and I love 'em. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

#4 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:00 AM

I think they're a gimmick.

Most scenario games will include air fills. There are a ton of really great pump guns out there - I've shot the C3 a bit and it just doesn't really compare on the performance side.

If you are playing where there is no possibility of air fills - then maybe, but otherwise I think it's a gun that's cool, different and doesn't really get high marks in any other department.

I have a 45/45 for my sniper - I get more shots than I could use during a day of play. Having a gun that performs well ans is upgradable and customizable is well worth the time it takes to get one fill for a day of play.

#5 masspb

masspb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:04 AM

^ Agreed, All the scenarios or feilds I have been too include air fills

#6 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

Couldn't you say that that all pumps are gimmicky?

I guess it depends on what you feel is a gimmick. With decent paint, I've gotten +-4 FPS, and it is fairly accurate. True, I will not be able to pump it as fast, and it is much heavier than the average pump. But it shoots just as well as any other gun, I just never need to refill my tank, ever.

In reality, yes, I could be using a better preforming gun if I just used air. However, when I play pump, it's rarely because I'm looking to get some kind of technological advantage, so performance does not matter very much to me as long as I can hit what I am aiming at.

Do I use it as a primary? No, I don't. Usually I use it once or twice a day, especially if I don't feel like getting my tanks refilled yet. Once in a while I'll have it out all day when I don't want to pay for all day air.

#7 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I have many PB guns of all kinds and still after ten years, my C3 is my primary. I like the function of it and and the conversation piece it offers and mine is deadly accurate. Add that with my years of playing woods ball and Rec Ball and it`s a great combination. I make up it`s lack of performance with my performance. I hate air fills and Hydro testing tanks and hope to have my own HPA compressor eventually because I live away from fields, and shops and use my PB guns for clearing wasp nests that have been a problem around here lately most of the time, but used to play alot some time ago. The C3 propane idea was my dream invention from the start, but I also do love the Sterling pumps and worked on alot of them through the years for a field I worked at back when. U wouldn`t go wrong with the Phantom either, quite well made. Any that can auto trigger give an admirable "get up and get outta there" kind of protection as well if not tryn to mark a player on a dead run.
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#8 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

really? again? cut it the fuck out.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."