• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Pimento

Pimento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

I cant decide between the 08 Ego or a bob long vice....please help me out.

I currently have a PMR but im replacing it due to it constantly blowing o-rings and constantly having bolt stick.

#2 Peety

Peety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

If you have the money for the 08, get it. its a awesome marker. comes stock with everything perfect and shoots amazing.

i have a vice, and i love it, but an ego 8 is a refined marker. main reason i got a vice is price, and the ego fanboy-ism at my fields and around the net. And also ive been a fan of timmies for a long time now.

So if price isnt an issue, get the ego. if you care even a little bit about price, get the vice, it shoots flawlessly.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was way over the size limit of 30k

#3 Sikdawg03

Sikdawg03

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

Personally I like the Vice trigger guard cuz it's bigger. I just like the feel a little more better. It's all up to you. I'd say ask one of your friends to shoot it and see which one you like.
AFFLICTION

#4 Peety

Peety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:23 AM

a little more better

yes
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was way over the size limit of 30k

#5 whats_an_a5

whats_an_a5

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

if using a led to change your settings doesn't bother you get the vice, if you prefer a lcd get the ego 8. Depending were your at the price difference is not that bad anymore.

Understand haters are gonna hate you regardless. Get that outta your head, where haters aren't hating on you. You got to be grateful, you need haters. What are you complaining about, what do you think a haters job is. To hate! So let them do there job!

-Katt Williams

Techpb muppet.
SLS,Victory, Lux, Vice, DM9 and others
326 AS USAFR C17 Loadmaster

#6 Pimento

Pimento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

Well the vice is $750 here and the Ego 8 is still $1100, price isn't the huge factor, im leaning towards a vice, but i don't want to kick myself and regret not getting an ego.

How about maintenance wise for both markers?

#7 rquily

rquily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

Well the vice is $750 here and the Ego 8 is still $1100, price isn't the huge factor, im leaning towards a vice, but i don't want to kick myself and regret not getting an ego.

How about maintenance wise for both markers?

watch the video the mike did. they are just about equal. the maintenance is the same. poppet valves are ridiculously easy to maintain. personally I'd get the vice if i even have that much money. there's no way I can get an 08 ego unless i rob someone...

#8 Pimento

Pimento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

Yeah i was looking at the 09 Geo, but i will not go back to a spool valve after my PMR, so the Luxe is out too :(

I watched the videos, but i wanted some personal opinions :)

#9 Snappy

Snappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

then get the 09 regular ego, i have the vice 2...a lot of people like them more then egos
IF YOUR PARENTS BUY YOU EVERYTHING YOU OWN PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG

#10 Pimento

Pimento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

Yeah from what i can find out so far, the general opinion is that the differences between the 08 and 09 egos aren't worth the extra $600

#11 x7sniper

x7sniper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:01 AM

maybe u want to buy a used ego ??? they are going for like 700-800$ these days
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

No Referral Links.

#12 ikaneatmetal

ikaneatmetal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

Yeah from what i can find out so far, the general opinion is that the differences between the 08 and 09 egos aren't worth the extra $600

true true true. the MAIN thing that was done was efficienct, which isnt needed, and cycle speed, again not needed, they also catered to the SL8r crowd and went with a larger trigger guard, but made it look retarded.

maybe u want to buy a used ego ??? they are going for like 700-800$ these days

you might be able to find them for even less, i got mine b4 the 09 released for 750, so they should drop even more.

if you dont have indoor fields or cant play in the winter, id wait and get the ego8 after the price drops even more around the start of the 09 season.
working on a shego, need a star frame and board, i can trade a pm6.
also looking for pumps.

#13 Pimento

Pimento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

Well i went to the local shop and made my choice, i walked away with a black vice.

I held both, shot both and decided the only HUGE difference was the LCD screen on the EGO, even the store owner admitted that he would pick a vice over the ego, just due to the $300 difference in price.

#14 adawg1193

adawg1193

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Well i went to the local shop and made my choice, i walked away with a black vice.

I held both, shot both and decided the only HUGE difference was the LCD screen on the EGO, even the store owner admitted that he would pick a vice over the ego, just due to the $300 difference in price.

good choice
and that is the only thing the ego has better, but the vice comes with a tadao and that deffinatly makes up for it. and if your a normal sized man the ego trigger guards are WAY to small to be comfortable
PLANET ECLIPSE GEO
MAGNA DRIVE
CROSSFIRE 70/4500
GRILL GOGGLE

#15 Avery

Avery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

I would get the Bob Long Vice. It is amazing shoots fast and all but the really cool thing is that it gets 2,000+ shots off of one 68/4500 HPA tank.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#16 paintball34

paintball34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

if you have the money.... 08 ego
l Canes Fan #18 l l Ironmen Fan #20 l
l XSV Fan #19 l l Dynasty Fan #16 l
l Isaiah Hope Fan #1 l l Chino Carbajal Fan # 1 l

Young Gunz Club

2 user(s) are reading this topic