• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Grammaton

Grammaton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

Found this video of the new Cyborg shooting on youtube during cup, they are shooting reballs but it also shows the new dye rotor as an epic fail

#2 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Meh after watching endless videos of guns shooting it doesnt amaze me. One thing I didnt like was you cant see the bolt because its enclosed. I always like to see the bolt moving.

#3 Grammaton

Grammaton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:53 PM

i like that it is enclosed that means there is no chance of getting dirt or water in the marker, it looks to have verey little kick for a poppit...much less than the ego9, idk after watching the world cup video of the dye rotor being taken apart I am not impressed with it at all...it looks good in theory but all the parts look really cheap and flimsy I just think there are gonna be a lot of problems with it then a later model will improve on the design and hit what they were looking for.

#4 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:02 AM

I just personally like seeing a moving bolt but I guess its better to keep crap out of the gun.
Yeah the rotor does look cheap but I think its smart to use a softer plastic. It absorbs shock better and possibly paintballs better. So it looks cheap but maybe its not really imo soft plastic is a better way to go. The rotor actually looks really nice I like the shape it has.

#5 Heywod

Heywod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

It is possible that the Rotor is not good with reballs, much like the halo. After watching the games today Damage, Ironmen, and Philly all used the rotor and i saw no problems. Now the Borg RX is sick lol.
aim = HeywodJahblomeh
XBL = Heywod

#6 Grammaton

Grammaton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:33 AM

ya I realize softer plastic is better on paint and the hopper may be bad with reballs like many are but id like to see some of the connecting parts look more durable as well as the plastic switch to unjam it I think that little lever may break, we will have to see how it does after long term use, id also like to see the spring board inside be a bit more sturdy looking it doesnt seem like it would keep its spring for very long these are just my impressions I may be wrong its way to early to be sure....seeing the bolt moving deffinately is cool but I think it is smart to have it enclosed, the new dangerous power spool valve is going to have a window to see the bolt moving that looks really cool as well.

#7 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

So, how many people are going to be looking at that and asking what Ego that is? Hate to say it, but it seems that it looks very much like an Ego now. Oh well, it's still better than an Ego.

#8 BOBBYTUCSON

BOBBYTUCSON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

THE ROTOR KEPT JAMMING. NOT GOOD , ESPECIALLY WITH REBALLS
420 420 420 420

#9 Grammaton

Grammaton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

ya it looks kinda like an ego but I seriously think just about all poppits are gonna look like that I mean everyone wants them milled smaller and you can't get too much smaller with the current poppit designs shave off all you can and they are all gonna have the same basic body shape.

#10 Grammaton

Grammaton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

heres another one where the marker gets ripping

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users