• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

in this thread we will talk about what is stock class, what is open class, and what, as a new pumepr, you should pick.

first - heres my video on the subject -

Open Class -

Posted Image

an open class gun uses a direct feed hopper system to feed paint, and uses a bulk co2 or compressed air.

most of the time snipers are the open class gun of choice. you can use pocket hoppers, revvys, even a halo if you want. and again, anything from 3.5 co2 to a 88/45 compressed air tank.

Stock Class -

Posted Image

a stock class gun has a un-sprung feed tube parallel to the barrel and less than 20 balls. the air source is a 12 gram co2 in a non-lever changer system.

there are a million old rules from god only knows when about stock class. for the most part, we have disregarded those rules, because they are simply obsolete. these rules are about ported barrels, removable barrels, AT, dropout changers ... you name it there was a rule about it. in most cases this would mean that only PGPs are "truly" stock class. but frankly, i dont care.

most stock guns get 25-40 shots per 12 gram, and you can get 12 grams for between 50 cents and a dollar a pop.

Modified stock class -

Posted Image

any combination of stock class and open class components. typically comes in the form of a bulk co2 tank, or air tank, and a stock class feed arrangement.

what do you want to play a new pumper?

thats a question only you can answer.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#2 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

well done cockerpunk. I have been helping newcomers with deciding between the two. Maybe this will help them even more :) ...

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#3 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

According to Promethean, I have successfully done CockerPunk

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

hello cocker punk... I found the best price on phantoms on bulldogpaintball.com. on the stockclass marker with horizontal air... how come the place were the 12 grams go, is angled down. i whant it parralel to the feeding tube, like u have on your red micro phantom. can u adjust it?

please reply

QUOTE (Cubeman @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

I am now Dr. Jesus-in-a-can for I have Fixed my '95 Autococker
Palmers Pursuit Shop Pump guns For life!

#4 O3ForLife

O3ForLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

Is there a way to convert a simi auto marker to a pump? if so could i do so with a Spyder MR1?
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.

#5 Unimoose

Unimoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:09 PM

hello cocker punk... I found the best price on phantoms on bulldogpaintball.com. on the stockclass marker with horizontal air... how come the place were the 12 grams go, is angled down. i whant it parralel to the feeding tube, like u have on your red micro phantom. can u adjust it?

please reply

The red marker above is a drop out because the 12 gram drops out of the holder. The one you have seen on bulldog is a back bottle. In order to go from one to another you need to buy a new valve. One of the bonus features to a drop out is increased air efficiency. The downside to that is you can not hook up a tank directly into that valve configuration. With a back bottle you can run either 12 grams or a tank by simply removing the adapter.

It's not impossible to run a tank with a dropout. You'd need to buy a dummy 12 gram (www.peglegpaintball.com) and then mount the tank on either a bottom line or to your stock with tank rings.
Joe the One Antlered Moose

#6 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:52 AM

where can u get the new valve?

IT FUCKING RIPPED HIS BALLS IN HALF!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!??!? RIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!! IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!

#7 Unimoose

Unimoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:30 AM

where can u get the new valve?

Directly from CCI or one of its retailers.
Joe the One Antlered Moose

#8 lechoochpumpballer

lechoochpumpballer

Pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:18 PM

i like open class
Cocker Owners Club #22
WE ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS OUR LOVE FOR THE SPORT
Proud to be a closed bolt baller!#4@#
Pump players UNITE

Why Throw An Ion When YOU Can Sell it for 60$ ???

#9 IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

Stay Agg, Ponyboy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

id love 2 play pump but nobody at my field does it so why bother...

"I'm almost fifteen and in highschool. You're in fifth grade. You're an idiot."

Your Iphone Blows.

#10 ASKALASKA

ASKALASKA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

id love 2 play pump but nobody at my field does it so why bother...

read my thread. I said the same exact thing. after the comments it completey changed my life ;)

#11 Juan123

Juan123

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Both are amazing (me personally i like open class better)
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." -Thomas Jefferson

#12 MiddleX

MiddleX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

where do you get the guns that are mixed of open and stock class, with like 9 oz. c02 tank and the mini tubes.
If your feeling down tell yourself:
"If you woke up this morning, congratulations! You got another chance."
or
"You're the sperm that made it!"

#13 lvl2noobs

lvl2noobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:50 PM

Is there a way to convert a simi auto marker to a pump? if so could i do so with a Spyder MR1?

yes you can. i dont think with that, i think only autocockers can do that.

#14 VIPaintball_Andrew

VIPaintball_Andrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

yes you can. i dont think with that, i think only autocockers can do that.

Any Spyder or Spyder-type stacked-tube blowback marker can be converted into a pump marker. It's not necessarily going to be easy, or pretty, but it makes for an interesting project yielding a one-of-a-kind result.

Spyder pumps are commonly referred to as "spumps". There is a thread with some examples in the voided warranty forum.

Edited by VIPaintball_Andrew, 03 January 2009 - 04:49 AM.

#15 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:34 AM

if you've never played before i recomend starting with either a 50 round pocket hopper and full tank. There are tons of good brands of pump and many different options

So if you are new to pump and used to semi I recomend starting with a lot of paint and air and when you get the feel for it you can change around the paint and air set up you use. I started with a a phantom back bottle air and hopper and played year with it and loved it but didn't need that much paint

so i ordered a new phantom set up with VSC and now thats all i ever use, shoot almost nothing and use less air, it is a cheap fun way to play and it makes your skill rise a lot if you ever decide to go back to a semi... personally i am actually better at pump now then i am semi because i am so used to it

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#16 The Flyin Albo

The Flyin Albo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:32 AM

I also think open class is a better place to start just because it's kinda cheap to start with and open class gun. I mean u can get a trilogy sport on ebay for 60 a pump kit for 30 to 50 dollars and you have a decent little pump.
Black DP G3
Halo B
68/45 Crossfire HP
CP one piece 14 inch .689
WE KILL SUCKERS

#17 paulpker121

paulpker121

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Nice TI-84, I have one too!
Open class seems to be the easiest to feel more like you're playing semi while still playing pump, and it's easier to aim with the pump under the barrel.

#18 primal1

primal1

They call me Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

I prefer open stock class. I enjoy the challenge that comes with the 10 rd. feed tubes, but hate buying the 12 grams.
Commandment # 11: Thou shalt not wipe.
Save an Ion, polish a turd(or something like that).
Pump/Stockplayers Clan member #11

#19 pmr4ever

pmr4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

the first one looks sexy
proud member of:Dye rotor owners group #7 member

if ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#20 iwantaphantom

iwantaphantom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

i wanna be really light and mobile, so i want to play stock class, i want a phatom, anything that i should need to start out? mag tubes? how many? ect?

#21 EDDAKA

EDDAKA

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

i wanna be really light and mobile, so i want to play stock class, i want a phatom, anything that i should need to start out? mag tubes? how many? ect?

Pick up a shotgun belt at walmart, 12guage(should be $5 or so)

Then pick up about 50 (10) round tubes with caps from wevopaintball.com

#22 iwantaphantom

iwantaphantom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

thanks man, i am gonna go to my local pball store and see if i cant shoot a phantom to try it out, shot one once, but dont remember it tbh

#23 davidansley

davidansley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

in this thread we will talk about what is stock class, what is open class, and what, as a new pumepr, you should pick.

Open Class -

Posted Image

an open class gun uses a direct feed hopper system to feed paint, and uses a bulk co2 or compressed air.

most of the time snipers are the open class gun of choice. you can use pocket hoppers, revvys, even a halo if you want. and again, anything from 3.5 co2 to a 88/45 compressed air tank.

Stock Class -

Posted Image

a stock class gun has a un-sprung feed tube parallel to the barrel and less than 20 balls. the air source is a 12 gram co2 in a non-lever changer system.

there are a million old rules from god only knows when about stock class. for the most part, we have disregarded those rules, because they are simply obsolete. these rules are about ported barrels, removable barrels, AT, dropout changers ... you name it there was a rule about it. in most cases this would mean that only PGPs are "truly" stock class. but frankly, i dont care.

most stock guns get 25-40 shots per 12 gram, and you can get 12 grams for between 50 cents and a dollar a pop.

Modified stock class -

Posted Image

any combination of stock class and open class components. typically comes in the form of a bulk co2 tank, or air tank, and a stock class feed arrangement.

why does a dropout/backbottle stock class phantom get more shots per 12 gram than a vsc? is it just because the air has less distance to travel before it gets to the valve? or is it more complicated than that?

#24 EDDAKA

EDDAKA

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

[why does a dropout/backbottle stock class phantom get more shots per 12 gram than a vsc? is it just because the air has less distance to travel before it gets to the valve? or is it more complicated than that?

Nope your spot on bud.

#25 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

i started stock class and it was great. earlier that day i had been using an ego and i didn't feel so guilty shooting the amount of paint i was shooting stock class. about 15 shots per game so it wasn't that bad for my first time. stock class ftw!

Posted Image

U83r 1337: I have a natural tendency to tilt my barrel downwards when I pump it, does that mean I'm destined for stock class?Tmaned: Sounds more like you're destined for rollouts.

#26 Logan_MML

Logan_MML

Monday Morning Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

I've just watched a few pump vids and I gotta say I'm really interested in playing pump. I think I'm going to pick one up a open class. Any models you recommend in particular? PM me if you've got any recommendations.

#27 SoCal Pntbller13

SoCal Pntbller13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:40 PM

I have a question. I am looking to get involved in pump and I want an open class. What are some good open class guns under 200. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#28 Tribs

Tribs

Turn down for sleep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

I have a question. I am looking to get involved in pump and I want an open class. What are some good open class guns under 200. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mavericks and Tracers. You might be able to find a "broken" autococker and switch it back to pump if you look hard enough and don't mind doing some work.

#29 munky000527

munky000527

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

$200 is more than enough for a good Sniper.

Just find one used.

#30 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

Open Class -

Posted Image

Stock Class -

Posted Image

Modified stock class -

Posted Image

just because of these photos i am going to have my TI-89 in all of my new photos and vids.
and i usually play modified class. phantoms are to light for my taste, so i run a 68/4500 [thats what i had left over from my semi days]
If you get tunnel vision, you will be shot. If you focus on a single lane, you will be shot. If you stay still, you will be shot. If you waste paint on a guy dug into a bunker, you will be shot. If you stick out too long, you will be shot. If you give them a foot, you will be shot. If you stick your head out in the same place three times on rhythm, you will be shot.-Bryce Larson
My Youtube Channel: Shadowsniper11
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING A PUMP GUN TEAM IN DELAWARE CONTACT ME!!

#31 badger nine

badger nine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

is it possible to take a backbottle OC phantom and turn it into a Stock class?
"In life, fuck whatevery one else says, screw what they think, and do what makes you happy." - Mike

Posted Image

#32 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

yes it is, you take a bucket changer and thread it into the asa, and buy a stock class body, you can also make it a VSC if you want to know how PM me i'll hook you up as far as places to get it and what you need

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!

-Brett

#33 Filzrux

Filzrux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

i like open class
Christian Ballers clud

#34 PumpPainter

PumpPainter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Nice Post, Thanks For The Info.
Pumping a Pump Gun Gets Me Pump'D up!

#35 mtpntball

mtpntball

Chief Slapaho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

Im a fan of open class because when I had just started playing pump (approx. 1 yr ago) I could just move my tank and loader onto a new platform
Ive found no problem in this wold that cannot be fixed with duct tape, jb weld, and a bigger gun
Paintball Warzone Productions!
im the editor!
Pump/stock players clan member #40

#36 devaldoog

devaldoog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

make sure you check up with your fields though and make sure that yuor allowed to use 12 grams

#37 the_eggman

the_eggman

One Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

make sure you check up with your fields though and make sure that yuor allowed to use 12 grams

not quite, some fields don't allow 12g's because they get all over the ground, but, instead of dropping them on the ground, just stick em in ur pocket. that way you aren't littering, they can't get stuck in a lawn mower, and no one will get hurt if they slide over it. everyone wins!

Posted Image

U83r 1337: I have a natural tendency to tilt my barrel downwards when I pump it, does that mean I'm destined for stock class?Tmaned: Sounds more like you're destined for rollouts.

#38 meejacob

meejacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

Great thread very well detailed. Hope all you new pumper choose to run Stock Class!

#39 Bob Long Vice

Bob Long Vice

Fez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

i like modified stock i just cant stand 12 grams, it just a pain reloading every 20-40 shots
bob long Vice FTW
"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you need to rethink your strategy"
"Pump players are the Weird Al's of the paintball world. Completely pointless and crazy, but you always get a laugh." Sasquatch

#40 aquateenjunkie

aquateenjunkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

open class ftw...
"ill give you free paint when flying pigs throw snowballs over the frozen bowels of hell" ~ me ~

#41 Bob Long Vice

Bob Long Vice

Fez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

no you would need an autococker
but if ur just getting into pump just get the kp its a great gun and snipers (autocockers turned into pumps) can get confusing if you really try to get into the guts of the gun
bob long Vice FTW
"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you need to rethink your strategy"
"Pump players are the Weird Al's of the paintball world. Completely pointless and crazy, but you always get a laugh." Sasquatch

#42 Tor

Tor

The Clothes Make The Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

no you would need an autococker
but if ur just getting into pump just get the kp its a great gun and snipers (autocockers turned into pumps) can get confusing if you really try to get into the guts of the gun

There is something called a spump.

Posted Image
Proud American
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Genghis Khan

#43 internet91

internet91

Nino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

hey guys kind of a newb question
is it possible to have a stock class cci phantom become and open class pump without any major modification?
is it simple to just screw on a 3.5 or 8 oz tank and take off the little ten round holder and put on a small gravity feed hopper without any trouble?
ive always been interested in pumps
O hay mangs
Forza Palermo!

Feedback 3/0/0

#44 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:11 AM

yep, you just need to buy an open class body. its about 30 bucks, and takes maybe 5 minutes to change out.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#45 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

and yes the 3.5 oz Co2 can be popped right into where the 12 gram changer normally is, you just have to remove the puncture pin assembly with an 3/4 allen key and then the tank will thread right into it's place

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#46 internet91

internet91

Nino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

yep, you just need to buy an open class body. its about 30 bucks, and takes maybe 5 minutes to change out.

for the phantom? do i have to order directly from cci or any pb website has it
also whats the difference with the 45 grip - why is it significantly more
and is the phantom one of the guns where you can hold the trigger down and just keep pumping for a better stream

sorry for all the questions :)
O hay mangs
Forza Palermo!

Feedback 3/0/0

#47 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

for the phantom? do i have to order directly from cci or any pb website has it
also whats the difference with the 45 grip - why is it significantly more
and is the phantom one of the guns where you can hold the trigger down and just keep pumping for a better stream

sorry for all the questions :)

Don't be sorry we are here to help!

There are a few options as far as the body goes, you can buy direct from mike @ cci here www.phantomonline.com/ or you can get it a little cheaper i think at airsoldier, either way there is the option for left right and center feed (all will need an elbow)
http://www.airsoldie...Code=CCIPHANTOM

the other option with this is you can get a PMP industries stock class to open class adapter AND an ion threaded feedneck, this option will give you a center feed with a clamping feed neck which some people like more but will run you about 40 bucks the links are below
http://www.pmpind.co....aspx?PROD=1418

and a pretty nice cheap clamping ion feedneck that you MUST ALSO BUY because it doesn't come with the adapter
http://cgi.ebay.com/...4=263602_263622
*i know it's ebay but it's a Buy it now and it's from a powerseller who won't rip you off... if they do i'll spot you the 10 bucks which is more then you'd be paying :)

The reason that the .45 grip is more is because it's made of metal, not plastic like the M-16 which is generally 20 dollars cheaper, and if you want to put a stock, or bottom line on the M-16 grip phantom it will cost you 15 bucks US$$ to buy a mounting block, the .45 does not need a mounting block and can just have a stock or an asa or what ever you want screwed into the bottom of the handle with out needing to buy anything special. It also has a lot more options for after market grips like dye stickies and others that people tend to like a lot more and think are a bit more comfortable... Personally it's prefrence... i love the M-16 grip, i got a .45 once to try it and hated it and sold it back because i am a huge fan of the M-16 but i'm a wierdo so to each his own

and to your last question, yes phantoms have "auto-trigger" which means if you hold the trigger down then you pump it will fire every time that you pump on either grip.

any more questions feel free to PM me or post um up here, we are all happy to help!

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#48 internet91

internet91

Nino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:57 AM

alright sweet i appreciate it mang
hopefully ill be able to purchase one of these badboys, that is, if it ever goes on sale!
O hay mangs
Forza Palermo!

Feedback 3/0/0

#49 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

Check B/S/T's you can find some for great prices in good condition

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#50 internet91

internet91

Nino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

yea i gotta make a paypal. i have never ordered used products online from other people before
O hay mangs
Forza Palermo!

Feedback 3/0/0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users